Author Topic: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]  (Read 601157 times)

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]
« Reply #2920 on: October 29, 2016, 10:06:47 am »
Will hopefully be staying in Liverpool after the derby in December & need a restaurant, anyone got any recommendations on "upmarket" burger places?  I'd be looking for the best veggie burger, done Byron & GBK in other cities, but was wondering whether there were any other chains that do a decent veggie burger option.
yeah dont bother why pay £12 for a burger pay the extra few quid and get a decent steak somewhere

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #2921 on: October 29, 2016, 10:54:21 am »
yeah dont bother why pay £12 for a burger pay the extra few quid and get a decent steak somewhere

I'm a veggie, so funnily enough I DON'T EAT STEAK!!!

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2922 on: October 29, 2016, 10:56:58 am »
I'm a veggie, so funnily enough I DON'T EAT STEAK!!!
well dont bother paying for a burger save yourself loads and just buy a few carrots

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2923 on: October 29, 2016, 10:59:04 am »
Will hopefully be staying in Liverpool after the derby in December & need a restaurant, anyone got any recommendations on "upmarket" burger places?  I'd be looking for the best veggie burger, done Byron & GBK in other cities, but was wondering whether there were any other chains that do a decent veggie burger option.

http://www.freestatekitchen.co.uk/
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #2924 on: October 29, 2016, 02:08:46 pm »

Free State Kitchen, Ed's Diner, Almost Famous, Death Row Diner. All more than decent for a burger (my bird's veggie and they all have good options for her).
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2925 on: October 29, 2016, 04:18:56 pm »

http://www.nolitacantina.com/menu/

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #2926 on: October 29, 2016, 10:22:02 pm »
well dont bother paying for a burger save yourself loads and just buy a few carrots

😀

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2927 on: October 30, 2016, 07:20:32 pm »
I'm vegetarian, and Free State Kitchen is my preferred option for a burger.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2928 on: October 30, 2016, 07:40:55 pm »
Have any RAWKites eaten at/from Mesquite on Smithdown Road yet?

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2929 on: November 8, 2016, 10:29:29 pm »
Meant to post a while back.

About a month ago I went to that relatively new place on the corner of Castle Street and Water Street,  Santa Maluco.

It's basically a pizzeria and bar.

The pizzas ranged from about £12-£18 and all looked pretty decent.

Or they do this deal where you can pay £10, and can have as few, or as many pizza slices as you want.

They have a table system like meet brazil etc. where you have a coloured disc on your table. spin it to green if you want a slice, red if you don't etc.

They walk around every five  minutes or so with different flavours of pizza, and you can have as many slices as your want(one at a time obviously)

Some nice bottles beers as well, usually about £4 a pop.

Highly recommended if you just want to have a beer and graze, eat as little or as much as you want.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2016, 10:31:56 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]
« Reply #2930 on: November 16, 2016, 09:19:59 am »
We're going Teppanyaki for our work Christmas do on December 17th. Any good?

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2931 on: November 16, 2016, 11:28:11 am »

About a month ago I went to that relatively new place on the corner of Castle Street and Water Street,  Santa Maluco.

Or they do this deal where you can pay £10, and can have as few, or as many pizza slices as you want.

They have a table system like meet brazil etc. where you have a coloured disc on your table. spin it to green if you want a slice, red if you don't etc.

They walk around every five  minutes or so with different flavours of pizza, and you can have as many slices as your want(one at a time obviously)

Highly recommended if you just want to have a beer and graze, eat as little or as much as you want.

Cheers for this Richie, look forward to trying this out

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2932 on: November 16, 2016, 11:28:57 am »
We're going Teppanyaki for our work Christmas do on December 17th. Any good?

Yeah, food is decent and good with a crowd

Offline The Evil One

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2933 on: November 16, 2016, 11:51:20 am »
Went to try out Neighbourhood on Castle Street, found it pretty disappointing. Probably better as a stop off place for a few drinks in the bar as the food was lacking.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2934 on: November 16, 2016, 01:01:59 pm »
Went to try out Neighbourhood on Castle Street, found it pretty disappointing. Probably better as a stop off place for a few drinks in the bar as the food was lacking.

Has that just opened in the old Trials? building?

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2935 on: November 22, 2016, 03:03:08 pm »
Have any RAWKites eaten at/from Mesquite on Smithdown Road yet?

You get loads of food for the money you pay, and it's alright too, we go there if we want a relaxed bit of food. They do takeaway too.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #2936 on: November 28, 2016, 11:39:16 am »
Taking my folks to the Empire in January and wanted to eat out afterwards. Being a bit of a wool I don't often eat in Liverpool and don't really have any idea why to go.

I had a look online but it just seems to be chains like Nandos and shit like that near by. Happy to take a taxi but could do with a bit of a steer.

Italian or Thai would probably be the preferred options but would happily hear out any opinions or suggestions for a great dining experience :wave

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #2937 on: November 28, 2016, 11:54:46 am »
Taking my folks to the Empire in January and wanted to eat out afterwards. Being a bit of a wool I don't often eat in Liverpool and don't really have any idea why to go.

I had a look online but it just seems to be chains like Nandos and shit like that near by. Happy to take a taxi but could do with a bit of a steer.

Italian or Thai would probably be the preferred options but would happily hear out any opinions or suggestions for a great dining experience :wave

If your looking for an Italian , Gusto's on the albert dock is really nice would highly recommend there.

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2938 on: November 28, 2016, 12:08:36 pm »

http://www.theitalianclubfish.co.uk/

http://www.matou.co.uk/

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2939 on: November 28, 2016, 01:27:04 pm »
If your looking for an Italian , Gusto's on the albert dock is really nice would highly recommend there.
http://www.theitalianclubfish.co.uk/
Both of these are exactly the kind of thing we're looking. A two horse race at present! Cheers Chaps :wave
http://www.matou.co.uk/
Looks brilliant! Think we'll try and get there once the weather warms up again next year 8)

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
« Reply #2940 on: November 28, 2016, 01:45:18 pm »

Chaopraya in Liverpool One is good and I've been to the Chilli Pot on North John Street which is good for Thai\South east asian food although id had a lot to drink at that point

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2941 on: November 28, 2016, 01:53:37 pm »

Went here on Friday. We got 18 inch for £18. Half American, half BBQ. Bloody fantastic. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff. The £10 deal thing is only until 4pm, then it's £15. Not bad if you're going to eat loads. Will definitely be back.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2942 on: November 28, 2016, 03:28:52 pm »
Both of these are exactly the kind of thing we're looking.

I work with a lot of italians, they always go there

there is also Salt House Bacaro for Italian Tapas

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2943 on: November 28, 2016, 03:47:47 pm »

there is also Salt House Bacaro for Italian Tapas

Went here for the first time in September and was very impressed. Highly recommend it!
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2944 on: December 17, 2016, 04:34:03 pm »
FSK delivering once again the best Burger in town. They're doing a special 'Fairytale of New Your'. A burger, with their own matured beef pestrami, salad, cheese wit their special own sauce(whcih is amazing) all served in a Brioch bun, with Rosemary coated chips and all for £11.50. You'd be a fool not get on it.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2945 on: December 17, 2016, 11:41:26 pm »

Never had a bad experience on Castle Street, my go to area when eating out. So many places to go, Manhatten Bar, All Bar One, Bar and Grill, Olive, Fazenda, CAU, the place above, the tapas on the corner, Ma Boyles and Fazenda only around the corner and a few others. Good place to start a night out or just stay away from clubbing areas. Jennys Bar, The alchemist, Tom Halls only round the corner and then its a stones way throw from Albert Dock, L1,Concert Square and Mathew Street.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 11:43:02 pm by OOS »
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2946 on: December 18, 2016, 09:19:48 am »
Never had a bad experience on Castle Street, my go to area when eating out. So many places to go, Manhatten Bar, All Bar One, Bar and Grill, Olive, Fazenda, CAU, the place above, the tapas on the corner, Ma Boyles and Fazenda only around the corner and a few others. Good place to start a night out or just stay away from clubbing areas. Jennys Bar, The alchemist, Tom Halls only round the corner and then its a stones way throw from Albert Dock, L1,Concert Square and Mathew Street.

Not to forget MEET which has just been extended to run above Tom Hall's. There's going to be a cabaret club above that, a fish restaurant above that and then Liam Hinks will have his terrace with conservatory above that. Same ownership from Tom Hall's and the original MEET up. Must be selling a lot of steak.

Offline djphal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2947 on: December 21, 2016, 09:49:12 am »
Turtle bay is pretty naff, won't be going there again

unless its for cocktails!

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2948 on: December 26, 2016, 03:26:34 pm »
FSK delivering once again the best Burger in town. They're doing a special 'Fairytale of New Your'. A burger, with their own matured beef pestrami, salad, cheese wit their special own sauce(whcih is amazing) all served in a Brioch bun, with Rosemary coated chips and all for £11.50. You'd be a fool not get on it.

Burgers are great.

The buffalo chicken wings are unbelievable.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #2949 on: December 26, 2016, 09:01:33 pm »
Been said before about the place, but went to Neon Jamon on Berry St on Xmas Eve. Absolutely outstanding for quality and value with good service.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
« Reply #2950 on: January 1, 2017, 06:53:39 am »
I don't know if you'd count this as a restaurant but that 'Street Food' outlet in the Fan Zone at Anfield....stay WELL away from this turd of a 'food' provider!  The fact they feel entitled to charge for the absolute GARBAGE they have the nerve to class as food is beneath contempt.  How they got the concession to set up there amazes me.  'Street' is an apt description of what they have on offer as it looks (and tastes) like that's where they found it, and then warm it up and flog it out! 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2951 on: January 1, 2017, 11:52:49 am »
If you want to eat outside the ground then go to Homebaked. But that's due to get knocked down in the next phase of the redevelopment. The kop burger bar and the pizza place opposite the kop have already closed. 

There is also a really nice pulled pork van by the burger vans outside the kop. Comparatively cheap as well

The Jumbo on Priory Road is also good if you want a sit down and don't want to queue up at any of the chippys outside the ground

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2952 on: January 1, 2017, 02:15:56 pm »
Didn't realise Homebaked was getting knocked down!
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2953 on: January 1, 2017, 03:54:38 pm »
First have heard of that too , but out of the whole block about 20 houses are boarded up and only home baked isn't so possibly could be

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2954 on: January 1, 2017, 04:46:16 pm »
As far as I'm aware every shop/house along that part of the road is due to go. Homebaked,  Georgie porgie,  HJC shop, newsagents etc.

They will hopefully get new premises once the road is widened and new buildings go in.

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2956 on: January 4, 2017, 08:28:00 pm »
As far as reviews go, went to Maray on New Year's Eve for lunch and it was tremendous! Recommend it very highly

Offline djphal

• Legacy Fan

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2959 on: January 6, 2017, 08:44:03 am »
As far as reviews go, went to Maray on New Year's Eve for lunch and it was tremendous! Recommend it very highly

Going to Maray tonight, can't wait the menu looks right up my street.