Author Topic: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]  (Read 601154 times)

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
Re: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]
« Reply #2880 on: September 3, 2016, 12:42:24 pm »
Went to Spire yesterday with two mates and all three of us thought it was as usual superb, it was the Prix Fixe lunch menu for £12.95 which is well worth it. Noticed there is a new Spainish place next door Gracias, thought it was Neon Jamon renamed but that's further down the road, looked nice enough will probably give it a go next week.

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2881 on: September 3, 2016, 12:49:45 pm »
Went to Spire yesterday with two mates and all three of us thought it was as usual superb, it was the Prix Fixe lunch menu for £12.95 which is well worth it. Noticed there is a new Spainish place next door Gracias, thought it was Neon Jamon renamed but that's further down the road, looked nice enough will probably give it a go next week.

Been a couple of times and it comes very close to neon jamon in quality, which is saying something! Also owed and run by the family of Sergi Canos

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #2882 on: September 3, 2016, 06:06:33 pm »
Furrow on allerton rd does a cracking breakfast. It's the same people as baltic bakehouse so you can get all the bread and cakes etc in there as well. They're doing an evening menu too which I'm going to try at some point, it had loads of stuff on the menu that sounded nice

I used to love the Baltic Bakehouse before finding out what the owner does in his spare time

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2883 on: September 3, 2016, 08:49:00 pm »
I used to love the Baltic Bakehouse before finding out what the owner does in his spare time

Indeed

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2884 on: September 3, 2016, 09:25:45 pm »
Indeed
He's into deed's! The dirty, dirty bastard
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2885 on: September 3, 2016, 09:59:30 pm »
He's into deed's! The dirty, dirty bastard

Oh no he deedn't...

..joking aside he did the dirty bastard

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2886 on: September 3, 2016, 10:19:35 pm »
Oh no he deedn't...

..joking aside he did the dirty bastard

No wonder Prince Charles decided to send his sons to a different school.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2887 on: September 8, 2016, 03:50:39 pm »
Went to Moose on Dale street yesterday with 4 others. It was packed and the waitress asked us to come back in half an hour. I ordered the Mighty Moose and it was nice but the potato hash stuff they give was a bit hit and miss and there was loads, it is served with several of the breakfast type dishes and the 3 others who got the potatoes thought the same and nobody finished it, the coffee and pancakes were nice enough. Wouldn't go out of my way to go again but if I did I would swerve the breakfast stuff and go for a sandwich as they looked lovely, bill was £60 for the 5 of us.
Think we may have been better off in the Shiraz round the corner as we were in town.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2888 on: September 8, 2016, 04:04:48 pm »
Anyone been to Chicha the Peruvian place on Bold St? Peruvian is probably my favourite cuisine and I've not tried this place out yet. Is it good? Do I need to book (table for 2)?
Went when it very first opened, just over a month ago.

I Walked straight in, although I did go at about 1.00pm on a Sat afternoon, and it wasn't too busy.

The food was nice, and it's largely in a tapas style. etc.

Quite reasonably priced too.

Didn't see any Cuy on the menu though.  ;)

Probably a bit squeamish in this country for that.

Oh yes.  They also stock the likes of cusqeuna, and   inca cola.

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2889 on: September 9, 2016, 09:23:14 pm »
Does anyone remember Jenny's fish restaurant that was in India Buildings (memory might be going west) - It was top notch.

A real dirth of quality fish restaurants - I have seen people recommend the Italian place - where is it ?

We went to that Brazilian place just off Paradise Street, it was awful, not for us

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #2890 on: September 9, 2016, 09:42:13 pm »
Italian Club Fish? top of Bold St :)

Just looking for a seafood restaurant myself for a friend's birthday. He took me there for mine so want somewhere else. Ideas welcome!! :wave

Only been to Jenny's for cocktails - didn't realise it IS actually a seafood restaurant!!?
« Last Edit: September 9, 2016, 10:17:02 pm by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2891 on: September 9, 2016, 10:09:30 pm »
Italian Club Fish? top of Bold St :)

Just looking fir a seafood restaurant myself for a friend's birthday. We took me there for mine so want somewhere else. Ideas welcome!! :wave

Only been to Jenny's for cocktails - didn't realise it IS actually a seafood restaurant!!?

Jenny's bar is behind the Cornmarket, near to James Street station. I don't think it has been a sea food restaurant for years, if not decades. I would always choose good fish and if you are lucky a decent restaurant will gave a good fish course but I don't think there is a specific sea food restaurant in Liverpool.

Good luck and if you find somewhere please post your views.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #2892 on: September 9, 2016, 10:16:32 pm »
So it is just a cocktail bar now? It is nice for that but I thought maybe there was a ground level bit I had missed :D

Just somewhere that does nice seafood/fish would be fine. He said Marau but the new menu is not grabbing me at all :-\ So need to find somewhere else that has lovely fishy dishes!  :D
We are a team of one half.

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #2893 on: September 13, 2016, 08:51:50 pm »
Looking for a cheap eat somewhere in the city centre, veggie friendly. Got a few hrs to kill after Liverpool v WBA before I get my coach back to London. Been to a few "chain" restaurants, but bored of them!! Fan of most cuisines, but esp Indian.

Offline unclebob

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • NEVER buy the s*n
« Reply #2894 on: September 13, 2016, 09:48:24 pm »
Looking for a cheap eat somewhere in the city centre, veggie friendly. Got a few hrs to kill after Liverpool v WBA before I get my coach back to London. Been to a few "chain" restaurants, but bored of them!! Fan of most cuisines, but esp Indian.
http://www.indiandelightliverpool.co.uk/ Is great.
If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2895 on: September 14, 2016, 11:25:40 am »
Any recommendations for a nice place for an anniversary meal? Going in town Saturday for one and want to stay away from the likes of Lucha/Mowgli and such.

A mate recommended Bacaro, anyone been before?
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2896 on: September 14, 2016, 11:52:14 am »
I have been to Bacaro and it was very good, another good one by there is San Carlo which is Italian. I also think Etsu (Japanese around the corner) is excellent. But as its a special occasion I would go to Panoramic 34 http://www.panoramic34.com yes it's expensive but last time I went - also for a wedding anniversary - it was really very good and the setting is memorable too.

Edit: Matou at the Pier Head is another one worth a look, foods great it has great views if weather is good and a nice terrace for eating/drinking.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 11:54:28 am by WhoHe »

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2897 on: September 14, 2016, 11:56:44 am »
I have been to Bacaro and it was very good, another good one by there is San Carlo which is Italian. I also think Etsu (Japanese around the corner) is excellent. But as its a special occasion I would go to Panoramic 34 http://www.panoramic34.com yes it's expensive but last time I went - also for a wedding anniversary - it was really very good and the setting is memorable too.

Edit: Matou at the Pier Head is another one worth a look, foods great it has great views if weather is good and a nice terrace for eating/drinking.

Cheers mate, I might end up at Bacaro then. Just had a look at Panoramic but it's fully booked for this Saturday.

Etsu was another I was thinking of we've been there before and enjoyed it.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #2898 on: September 27, 2016, 05:24:00 pm »
Going over in a couple of weeks. Any contenders at the moment, restaurant wise that are recommended? Say a top 5)?

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2899 on: September 27, 2016, 05:39:20 pm »
Can anyone recommend somewhere decent in town for a late night bite to eat? I'm off to the Empire to see a show and I doubt there will be time beforehand to have some food. I say late, I mean around half 10. I know a lot of places will have shut the kitchen by then. If we can't find anywhere then we'll probably head into China Town.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2900 on: September 27, 2016, 07:57:21 pm »
Thinking of going to Neon Jamon (Berry Street) on Saturday, it looks fully booked on the website between 5 and 10 but is it a place you could walk in and get a table for 4 within a reasonable time (do they keep tables back)? If not any recommendations for that end of town?

Online TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
« Reply #2901 on: September 27, 2016, 10:21:37 pm »
Thinking of going to Neon Jamon (Berry Street) on Saturday, it looks fully booked on the website between 5 and 10 but is it a place you could walk in and get a table for 4 within a reasonable time (do they keep tables back)? If not any recommendations for that end of town?

Rojo Pinchos over the road is very good if you cant get in.
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #2902 on: October 3, 2016, 08:52:35 am »
Went to Miyagi on Saturday night and the food was fantastic.

Was a bit strange that we'd booked a table for 5.45 but we weren't seated til 6.05 despite there appearing to be plenty of tables ready. Apart from that though couldn't really have any complaints.

Offline diaspora

• Main Stander
« Reply #2903 on: October 3, 2016, 10:55:54 am »
Went to Miyagi on Saturday night and the food was fantastic.

Was a bit strange that we'd booked a table for 5.45 but we weren't seated til 6.05 despite there appearing to be plenty of tables ready. Apart from that though couldn't really have any complaints.

Ive been to Miyagi a few times and always found it good. That could be because they don't pack the tables out. If any restaurant does that then they are looking for trouble as the Kitchen wouldn't be able to cope with all those orders arriving the same time.
Incidentally I finally managed to get booking for Fraiche anyone been. What should my expectations be?

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2904 on: October 7, 2016, 11:15:11 am »
Can anyone recommend somewhere decent in town for a late night bite to eat? I'm off to the Empire to see a show and I doubt there will be time beforehand to have some food. I say late, I mean around half 10. I know a lot of places will have shut the kitchen by then. If we can't find anywhere then we'll probably head into China Town.

Ive heard that the Lisbon does a cracking late night sausage surprise

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2905 on: October 12, 2016, 02:47:39 pm »
Having a bit of a reunion this weekend with some old friends - probably about 12 of us.

Anybody got any suggestions for places to eat?  This has all been throw together at the last minute ;D No problem being on separate tables, it's only for a part of the evening.

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2906 on: October 12, 2016, 03:14:01 pm »
Having a bit of a reunion this weekend with some old friends - probably about 12 of us.

Anybody got any suggestions for places to eat?  This has all been throw together at the last minute ;D No problem being on separate tables, it's only for a part of the evening.

where abouts are you going (city centre?), how much are you looking to spend? light dinner or big feast?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 05:29:23 pm by djphal »

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2907 on: October 12, 2016, 07:59:58 pm »
where abouts are you going (city centre?), how much are you looking to spend? light dinner or big feast?

We'll be in the city centre afterwards, so within walking distance would be ideal.

Medium spend really, and we'll be a varied bunch.  Initially thought about a booking at Tribeca but figured that the menu would be a bit limiting - Camp & Furnace was my next thought but it seems they don't do a food menu on a Saturday.  Leaf might be sensible - open and accommodating for a bit group, a varied menu, and the time of place I could imagine us staying on for a while afterwards.

Offline djphal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2908 on: October 12, 2016, 08:10:24 pm »
We'll be in the city centre afterwards, so within walking distance would be ideal.

Medium spend really, and we'll be a varied bunch.  Initially thought about a booking at Tribeca but figured that the menu would be a bit limiting - Camp & Furnace was my next thought but it seems they don't do a food menu on a Saturday.  Leaf might be sensible - open and accommodating for a bit group, a varied menu, and the time of place I could imagine us staying on for a while afterwards.

Camp and furnace is a taxi ride from the centre really, or a fair walk
Cant go wrong with Lucha Libra off bold st, love it in there, would probably need the 2 big booths for 12 people though.
Shiraz is another personal favorite, great value and decent food, ive been there with the lads a couple of times
Turtle bay is also decent and they do 2 for 1 cocktails!
Both shiraz and turtle bay could have you all on one table but you would need to book it obviously
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 08:12:33 pm by djphal »

Offline howman

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2909 on: October 13, 2016, 05:22:31 pm »
Team, I'm looking for a post game curry, down in the city centre, on Monday evening; any ideas?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2910 on: October 13, 2016, 05:44:06 pm »
Team, I'm looking for a post game curry, down in the city centre, on Monday evening; any ideas?

Cheap and cheerful curry -
UNI on Renshaw St,
Passage to India - Bold Street
Spice City - Stanley Street

If you got a bit more cash
EastZEast - Opposite the Echo Arena

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2911 on: October 13, 2016, 06:46:48 pm »
Camp and furnace is a taxi ride from the centre really, or a fair walk
Cant go wrong with Lucha Libra off bold st, love it in there, would probably need the 2 big booths for 12 people though.
Shiraz is another personal favorite, great value and decent food, ive been there with the lads a couple of times
Turtle bay is also decent and they do 2 for 1 cocktails!
Both shiraz and turtle bay could have you all on one table but you would need to book it obviously

Nice one for that.  Ended up getting lucky with Leaf so all's well.

Can't believe I didn't think of Lucha Libre earlier in the week though!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 11:45:24 pm by jackh »

Offline djphal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2912 on: October 13, 2016, 09:23:34 pm »
Nice one for that.  Ended up getting lucky in Leaf so all's well.

Can't believe I didn't think of Lucha Libre earlier in the week though!

No worries, I love Lucha Libra, awesome place

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2913 on: October 15, 2016, 09:01:05 am »
Cheap and cheerful curry -
UNI on Renshaw St,
Passage to India - Bold Street
Spice City - Stanley Street

If you got a bit more cash
EastZEast - Opposite the Echo Arena

There is also a new Thai place on Hanover street Busaba but it's 50% off food on a Monday. Decent as well

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #2914 on: October 15, 2016, 01:24:49 pm »
There is also a new Thai place on Hanover street Busaba but it's 50% off food on a Monday. Decent as well

got two starters and mains for £15 there last monday, food was nice, portions really small though,  if it hand;t have been 50% off id have been livd.
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2915 on: October 25, 2016, 09:25:56 am »
Ate in Matou at Pier Head last night. Very good food, had a nice meal in there. Price was reasonable and decent views.

Only issue I had was being charged 3.50/4.50 for a portion of rice which was very small.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2916 on: October 25, 2016, 07:30:51 pm »
Heads up for anyone who used to go to the eureka in myrtle parade ( Greek food ) its reopened on picton road in wavertree in a converted old pub ...better surroundings and food just as good

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2917 on: October 26, 2016, 01:54:35 pm »
Heads up for anyone who used to go to the eureka in myrtle parade ( Greek food ) its reopened on picton road in wavertree in a converted old pub ...better surroundings and food just as good
cant take own ale now though

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2918 on: October 26, 2016, 10:15:42 pm »
cant take own ale now though
That's a blow.

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #2919 on: October 29, 2016, 10:02:43 am »
Will hopefully be staying in Liverpool after the derby in December & need a restaurant, anyone got any recommendations on "upmarket" burger places?  I'd be looking for the best veggie burger, done Byron & GBK in other cities, but was wondering whether there were any other chains that do a decent veggie burger option.