Author Topic: League Cup and Club World Cup.  (Read 180691 times)

Offline thediddles2004

• Main Stander
  • Yada yada yada .....
Priority should be the same as "The Champions Wall"  ;D

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Priority should be the same as "The Champions Wall"  ;D

+ 1 Club world cup  ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Has a decision been made on the Community Shield date?
Sunday August 4th.  The week before the league season starts.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
Sunday August 4th.  The week before the league season starts.

Glad they didn’t do anything mad and decide to play it on the Saturday as I’m at a wedding that day. Quite looking forward to a day at Wembley in the ale.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Wish we were playing at the Millennium Stadium, I don't like Wembley.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
Always thought that myself as well.

My priorities for next season are as follows;

Joint 1st priorities: Premier League and European Cup - I love the European Cup equally to the league title so many great memories of 70's/80's and 05 with ol' big ears and it's funny how much us winning it this year has pissed off Manchester City despite them not having a bad season themselves. Don't get me wrong i'm desperate for the league but for me they are equally important.
3rd Priority: FA Cup
4th priority: FIFA World Club Cup - I really want us to get this out of the way before it gets all so very important in 2021
5th Priorty: League Cup
6th priority: FA Community Shield
Last priority: Super Cup

1st priorities: Premier League (even more so after winning CL6)
2nd priority: CL
3rd priority: FIFA World Club Cup
4th Priority: FA Cup
5th priority: Super Cup
6th Priorty: League Cup
7th priority: FA Community Shield

I'm afraid the domestic cups have very little value now other than consolation prizes.

The minimum I would accept without being disappointed next season is:
2nd place finish
Super Cup or World Club Cup
FA Cup.

Offline lfc1

• Kemlynite
Anyone know the criteria for a guaranteed ticket for the charity shield?

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone know the criteria for a guaranteed ticket for the charity shield?

They won’t release it for a while. In 2006 it was an FA Cup Final credit and then general sale although it obviously won’t be that this time. Last time everyone that wanted one got one and Wembley is a bigger ground so should be sound, plus City will likely sell about 10 tickets so we may get some of theirs if demand does outstrip supply.

Offline lfc1

• Kemlynite
Cheers mate. I was wondering if, as we qualified through the premier league that it would be 19 home games or something. Yeah can see each teams allocation being at least 30K.

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I'm afraid the domestic cups have very little value now other than consolation prizes.

2nd place finish
FA Cup.

I want to win every competition we are in but to be honest if we are in the title race and win the club world cup i wouldn't mind resting players for the FA cup if need be.

Last year i wanted to win anything but understood resting for fa cup with all the prem games around that time.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
Cheers mate. I was wondering if, as we qualified through the premier league that it would be 19 home games or something. Yeah can see each teams allocation being at least 30K.

If I had to guess I’d say it will be X amount of PL games and then maybe a fewer amount of PL games and then general sale. The figure will be no where near 19 though as that’s going to be the size of our smallest away allocation which is under 3,000 so it’s pointless. Anyone who wants one will get one especially as some may swerve it with Istanbul being around the corner for the Super Cup.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

2nd place finish
FA Cup.

Dunno why, but comments like that from fans always make me laugh, and not in a good way. It's just madly entitled. Like what are you going to do if they don't achieve it, go to Anfield and hold a one man protest?  ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Dunno why, but comments like that from fans always make me laugh, and not in a good way. It's just madly entitled. Like what are you going to do if they don't achieve it, go to Anfield and hold a one man protest?  ;D

"I DO NOT ACCEPT THIS, AND SO FORTH!!!"
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
We want to win all 7 trophies next season!!! We are greedy bastards!!! We now have Trophyitis!!! We are LFC!!! Greed is good!!!

Offline Dave Mc

• Legacy Fan
  • I 'll be back for breakfast

Just pretend we're playing Spurs and it'll be grand.
Mark Noble is a shithouse!! - Phil M, 5/3/08

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
Watching LFC TV about next season fixtures, the only game we will need to rearrange for the fifa club world cup in December will be West Ham away on Saturday 21st December, and we could possibly rearrange that match for 14th January, they said. And possibly a league cup quarter final.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 03:22:17 pm by Ocean Red »

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Has the CWC tournament been officially confirmed by FIFA? I know they said "no tournament", then got back on their word and plan to hold it. But the club has requested confirmation from FIFA and were waiting, has that been received yet?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline TheYashLFC

• Anny Roader
Just want us to keep progressing and improving as a team.

That being said, we'll win everything next season  ;D

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
Has the CWC tournament been officially confirmed by FIFA? I know they said "no tournament", then got back on their word and plan to hold it. But the club has requested confirmation from FIFA and were waiting, has that been received yet?
They've confirmed it is being held but not finalised the dates
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy

Sounds a bit like my sex life.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Cheers!

Sounds a bit like my sex life.
Better than not even being held, isn't it?

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
https://www.uefa.com/uefasupercup/news/0252-0cc46354e8dc-c8796f839f86-1000--uefa-super-cup-tickets-on-sale-from-tuesday/?iv=true

"Applications for tickets for the 2019 UEFA Super Cup begin at 14:00CEST on Tuesday, via uefa.com/tickets, with European champions Liverpool taking on UEFA Europa League winners Chelsea on 14 August at Beşiktaş Park in Istanbul.

This will be the first UEFA Super Cup staged in Istanbul, though Turkey's biggest city previously hosted the 2005 UEFA Champions League final (Liverpool prevailing at the Atatürk Olympic Stadium) and the 2009 UEFA Cup decider (Shakhtar Donetsk taking the trophy at the Şükrü Saracoğlu Stadium).

For the 2019 final, which kicks off at 21:00CEST (22:00 local time), ticket prices range from €50 for category 3 to €150 for category 1. Category 1 tickets are centrally positioned, category 2 tickets are mainly in the corners and category 3 tickets are located behind the goals.

Accessible tickets are available at the category 3 price and allow one companion to enter for free.

Supporters of the two clubs and the general public will be allocated 78% of the seats at the stadium, which has a capacity of 38,000. The remaining seats will be set aside for the local organising committee, UEFA and national associations, commercial partners and broadcasters.

Applicants will be notified about the status of their application by mid-July. Successful applicants will be given approximately ten days to make payment for their tickets via credit or debit card. If the number of ticket applicants exceeds the number of available tickets, a random draw will be conducted.
YWNA

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/354073-uefa-super-cup-community-shield-ticket-update?fbclid=IwAR0rK3OGifapMQDkk1O9mr-bHGoA_cANBqHWIsT4JjFuVJ996u8w_Ea0BRU

Liverpool Football Club will be participating in both the Community Shield at Wembley on August 4 and the UEFA Super Cup in Istanbul on August 14.

The club is in the process of finalising ticket allocations with both the FA and UEFA, but we expect to receive an initial allocation of around 28,000 tickets for the Community Shield and around 5,257 tickets for the UEFA Super Cup.

Confirmed ticket numbers may change slightly and full details, along with information on how to purchase tickets, will be published on Liverpoolfc.com as soon as possible.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I thought I read the teams were getting 72% of the Uefa cup allocation to split - 38k stadium. Seems low at 5300.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
I thought I read the teams were getting 72% of the Uefa cup allocation to split - 38k stadium. Seems low at 5300.

Maybe, but the UEFA statement said 78% between the clubs and the general public. Expect a lot going to locals and touts.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Maybe, but the UEFA statement said 78% between the clubs and the general public. Expect a lot going to locals and touts.

Touts will struggle with the tickets from ballott as they are tickets on an app

Hopefully means they fuck off

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan

2nd place finish
FA Cup.

The world club cup is fuck all shite competition. FA cup far more important.

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
The world club cup is fuck all shite competition. FA cup far more important.

I think he put it above the fa cup this year as we've never won it. But I agree with you, fa cup generally is more important
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If you meant it the other way around, the general public and the clubs, the numbers are about correct. Each club got 13.8%, e.g., 27.6% both together.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Won’t hold my breath but hopefully have a chance of the Charity Shield.

Will enter the Super Cup ballot

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..

Yep. 78% between the 2 clubs alone means 39% for Liverpool. And it’s even less than that when you factor in the general public. It’s a joke to be honest. But it’ll just be like Madrid. There will be far more Liverpool fans in the stadium.
YWNA

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line

2nd place finish
FA Cup.

Win all 7 and talk about priorities afterwards
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Winning trophies is a good habit. More 'big' game experience can't be a bad thing?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Winning trophies is a good habit. More 'big' game experience can't be a bad thing?

Yep, I don’t doubt at all the experience and hurt of Kiev was channelled in a positive way in the way we went about things in Madrid (and most of last season to be honest).

We had a number of near misses before Madrid, let’s put that right and accumulate as much silverware as possible now

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

2nd place finish
FA Cup.
I don't get that. The Community Shield is the first priority, because nothing is happening before or after; the league starts a week later. The CWC tournament is the same - we'd be there continuously from start to end without any interruption. It's not like CL, where you play a game and 2-3 days later you have a league game. The Super Cup is not the best trophy, but it's the first major one on the cards and it's only one totally winnable game. So that's a top priority then. Imagine the mood for the season when we start winning things on a regular basis...

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
We should try hard to win both European Super Cup and Club World Cup.
Believer

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
Have we ever won the club world cup btw?
Believer

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Have we ever won the club world cup btw?

We’ve entered it three times in various guises and lost all three refused an invitation in 77 and 78 . In the late 60s and 70s it was a brutal contest .
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercontinental_Cup_(football)

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan

Me too. Cardiff is fucking amazing, Wembley is soulless shit tip. Still going like, but fuck me, if ever a stadium could be built that personifies the worst clinical and passionless aspects of modern football, that is it.

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
I think he put it above the fa cup this year as we've never won it. But I agree with you, fa cup generally is more important

I agree overall that the FA Cup is a better competition, but this season I would rather win the World Club Cup - for the same reason, we've never won it. It still niggles me that we never managed to win a European Cup Winner's cup - I want us to win every cup we possibly can. This competition has been going long enough and with enough major clubs taking it seriously for it to have some prestige attached to it.