Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Nintendo Switch)  (Read 6029 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Nintendo Switch)
« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2023, 12:11:11 pm »
Have fun! I’m about 75 hours in and have hardly progressed the main questline. There is just SO much you can get lost in. Wonderful gaming experience.

Thanks! Must admit, reading this thread and seeing all these pictures is a bit intimidating, I have very little idea how you manage to do all this stuff!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2023, 12:48:01 pm »
Honestly, you can just take your time and let everything come to you naturally - and if you have any questions, many in here (including myself) will be happy to answer.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2023, 12:59:27 pm »
The game is perfectly designed for you to just naturally stumble into things and build and build. As I said before, on the first day I got it I was straight off to a major quest and I thought no I’m going to check out this hole in the ground. I found a map with an X marked on it so I deviated to that to see what it was. Three weeks later I’m still exploring.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2023, 02:18:04 pm »
Honestly, you can just take your time and let everything come to you naturally - and if you have any questions, many in here (including myself) will be happy to answer.

The game is perfectly designed for you to just naturally stumble into things and build and build. As I said before, on the first day I got it I was straight off to a major quest and I thought no I’m going to check out this hole in the ground. I found a map with an X marked on it so I deviated to that to see what it was. Three weeks later I’m still exploring.

Thanks. Yeah, definitely gonna go out exploring for a whole and try and figure stuff out :)

Offline Disregarder

• Andshe'llripyerknackersoff
  • Anny Roader
  • TV's own
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2023, 07:21:06 pm »
After a few misgivings early on, I am so absorbed in this now. Just love spending time on the sky islands. The music is so haunting. Very reminiscent of Laputa, the Studio Ghibli movie.  Every time I play, there's a new strand to the gameplay that's different to BOTW.

Superb

My 8k rig goes boom
PSN: OireCocobean

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2023, 09:18:32 pm »
It's an incredible 'Oh just one more shine' kind of game

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: June 2, 2023, 08:14:35 am »
About 8 hours in now. Probably enjoying it more than BOTW.

Spoiler
love the ascend ability - so satisfying and saves loads of time waiting to climb a big cliff. Done about 7 shrines and haven't had to Google the answer yet which for me is good!

I do keep on dying a lot though- I'm only on 4 heart containers so far. I need to go and get another as I've got 4 shrine rewards saved up now.

Just currently doing the Rito Villiage quest, making my way up the sky Island to that blizzard cloud. Have fallen to my death a few times but enjoying the scope of it.

It does feel absolutely huge this game. I am a bit overhwlembed by all these 'elexirs' you can make - never used them much in BOTW though.

I have loads of Zoanite chargers but not really used them much yet.

How's everyone else getting on?
[close]
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #127 on: June 12, 2023, 08:36:24 pm »
I'ts been exactly one month since the release, and after about 125 hours in, I just finished the game – even managed to complete the final bit completely hitless  ;D

Lovely, immersive experience!

Just like with BOTW, I will go on playing it even more now. There's till loads of side-quests and upgrades to chase after  :)

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2023, 12:18:41 pm »
Is there a way to find out your gameplay time?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2023, 12:36:22 pm »

It's in profile settings, not in game itself.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2023, 08:57:04 pm »
I've put around 18 hours or so in.

It's absolutely brilliant but I am finding it quite overwhelming. I've hardly touched the main story - done about 19 shrines and been finding towers and just exploring mainly.

Do you ever have to search the Internet for how to do certain stuff? I've completer around 13 shrines with no help at all but some are just so hard to figure out.

Spoiler
I did Tukarok shrine today and just would never have been able to get through it without a walkthrough video. The second bit where you have to attach a plank and a wheel to the cube that goes up was just not something I'd ever think of doing or had learnt from the game.
[close]

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2023, 12:24:58 pm »

It's in profile settings, not in game itself.

Jesus, I’ve done over 90 hours. Still only done one Main quest.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2023, 07:42:09 pm »
Just finished it! "80 hours or more".

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2023, 07:57:55 pm »
Running it on emulation but not really got into it yet

Think it is a masterstroke, the Build Tings effort Ninty have put in.

As good as this game might be I am curious for how this evolves the open world genre

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2023, 08:01:17 am »
30 hours in now. Done about 35 shrines. Only done 1 of the 4 main temples.

I feel like I'm useless when it comes to getting good armour and upgrading etc. Where do you get it from? Also, how do you make rupees fast? The most I've got to is 400 odd but don't seem to find many.

I've hardly touched the sky or underground areas, just been on the main land mostly. I think I have maybe 2 more towers to unlock.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2023, 03:02:00 pm »
30 hours in now. Done about 35 shrines. Only done 1 of the 4 main temples.

I feel like I'm useless when it comes to getting good armour and upgrading etc. Where do you get it from? Also, how do you make rupees fast? The most I've got to is 400 odd but don't seem to find many.

I've hardly touched the sky or underground areas, just been on the main land mostly. I think I have maybe 2 more towers to unlock.

Just sell all your jewels for rupees. To be honest, apart from arrows and the fairy upgrades, I don’t really spend any. There’s lots of armour and weapons (to fuse with) in the underground. And bomb flowers and puff shrooms. And the Poes get you some handy bits. Definitely worth going down there and stocking up. Lots of weapons and shields in floaty hyrule castle too.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: June 26, 2023, 07:30:24 pm »
I'm still trying to work out what Poes do :P

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2023, 07:53:23 pm »

Me too.

Hoping to bump into Edgar Allen at some point.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2023, 08:26:47 pm »

That was bugging me for ages. But Im refusing to consult the internet on this game!
Now I want to know what dark clumps do.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2023, 08:33:25 am »
Went to

Spoiler
Gerudo town last night. Fighting off those zombie things with lightning darts. Failed my first attempt as the woman got killed by them...Will try again tonight.

Have people done the memory things? I've found about 4 of them but not in the right order. Amy tips for finding more?
[close]

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2023, 03:14:42 pm »
Went to

Spoiler
Have people done the memory things? I've found about 4 of them but not in the right order. Amy tips for finding more?
[close]

Spoiler
Go speak to Impa across the road at the New Serenne Stable and then follow that quest.
[close]

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2023, 03:18:24 pm »
What you can do with Poes:

Spoiler
Go speak to Josha at Lookout Landing (the young female scientist studying the Depths). After you've completed the first two or so little quests she gives you, a Bargainer Statue will appear next to her. You can talk to it and trade in your Poes for some neat stuff. There are more of those statues in the Depths, and the more you find, the bigger their inventory grows.
[close]

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2023, 03:20:49 pm »
I feel like I'm useless when it comes to getting good armour and upgrading etc. Where do you get it from?

I've hardly touched the sky or underground areas, just been on the main land mostly.

That's your answer, basically ;-)

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2023, 07:05:06 pm »
Thanks emergency exit. I haven't read your posts yet but probably will do in a couple of months when I still can't figure stuff out.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2023, 07:42:06 am »
Went to

Spoiler
Gerudo town last night. Fighting off those zombie things with lightning darts. Failed my first attempt as the woman got killed by them...Will try again tonight.

[close]

On this quest:

Spoiler
I've tried 5 times now and she keeps dying! She tells me to go to each gate to stop the creatures getting in but I'm at each one killing them, others seem to break into Gerudo Town and are attacking her. I don't seem to be able to destroy each tower they're dropping from and protect her at the same time. Any ideas where I'm going wrong? [spoiler/]
[close]

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #145 on: June 28, 2023, 08:09:10 am »
On this quest:

Spoiler
I've tried 5 times now and she keeps dying! She tells me to go to each gate to stop the creatures getting in but I'm at each one killing them, others seem to break into Gerudo Town and are attacking her. I don't seem to be able to destroy each tower they're dropping from and protect her at the same time. Any ideas where I'm going wrong? [spoiler/]
[close]
Spoiler
The way I did it was: Ran straight to my right and took out that tower as fast as possible. Then focused on the Gibdos coming in through the middle (i.e. protect Riju). Then did the tower on my left last.

Tip to speed things up/make things easier: If you fuse electric materials (e.g. voltfruit, yellow chu-chu jelly etc.) to your arrows, you can shoot your target directly – i.e. without waiting for Riju's electric field to extend far enough to cover it first.[spoiler/]
[close]
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 08:16:42 am by emergency exit »

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #146 on: June 28, 2023, 08:11:51 am »
Thanks emergency exit. I haven't read your posts yet but probably will do in a couple of months when I still can't figure stuff out.

Fair enough :-) If you follow the Depths related quests (all initiated by the same NPC in Lookout Landing), you'll arrive at the answers naturally.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 08:16:20 am by emergency exit »

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #147 on: June 28, 2023, 08:15:25 am »
Whoop whoop! Just completed the final shrine last night.

Generally speaking, I found shrines way more engaging than the ones back on BOTW.

For anyone wondering, the total number of shrines in TOTK is:

Spoiler

There are 120 on the surface (corresponding to 120 lightroots in the Depths directly underneath them), and 32 on the Sky Islands.
[close]

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: June 28, 2023, 08:10:28 pm »
What you can do with Poes:

Spoiler
Go speak to Josha at Lookout Landing (the young female scientist studying the Depths). After you've completed the first two or so little quests she gives you, a Bargainer Statue will appear next to her. You can talk to it and trade in your Poes for some neat stuff. There are more of those statues in the Depths, and the more you find, the bigger their inventory grows.
[close]

Fair enough :-) If you follow the Depths related quests (all initiated by the same NPC in Lookout Landing), you'll arrive at the answers naturally.

Spoiler
Just randomly stumbled upon a Bargainer stature in the depths ;D But now I'm going to speak to Josha. Thanks!
[close]

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: July 4, 2023, 08:00:15 am »
Made some good progress on this the other night:

Spoiler
I shelved the Gerudo quest as had to search for these 2 towers in the desert or something and don't have all the protective clothing for heat yet so it was becoming a pain.

I decided to do the Zora quest instead and really enjoyed it. Defeated the boss who kept diving into the slush stuff which was very satisfying.

I've now done the Rito and Zora quests out of the main 4.

Done about 40 shrines.

Still so much more to do. I think I'm going to exclusively do shrines now to build my hearts up as I keep dying easily when facing multiple monsters. I'm on 8 or 9 hearts at the minute. [spoiler/)
[close]

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: July 4, 2023, 08:47:03 am »
I'm up to around 120 shrines, all 4 main quests complete. Stamina bar is full and the rest spent on hearts

The next main farm is for crystallized charges for the battery which I am barely at 2 which is crap for flying (the 'Doc Ock' flying bike makes moving so much easier). Then Korok nuts.

Working my way around the depths but can't be arsed taking on anything too difficult.

Arrows are really hard to pick up.

I know I can pretty much finish the game at any time but it is such a nice 'Pick up and play' game that I'm going to drag out finishing it. Also I think it will be like BOW and that once I finish it I wont pick it up again and replay it

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #151 on: July 4, 2023, 01:36:27 pm »
Well done to all, happy to read about everyone's progress  :)

Just wanna share a short, but crucial PSA:

If you haven't already, please make it a priority to complete the Dragon's Tears quest. Go talk to Impa across from the New Serenne stable and take it from there  :)

The next main farm is for crystallized charges for the battery which I am barely at 2 which is crap for flying (the 'Doc Ock' flying bike makes moving so much easier).

Maxing out my batteries was one of the first things I got done. I can give you some pointers, if you like. Most important is that you focus on collecting large zonaite to trade in for large crystallized charges. Don't waste too much time collecting the normal (small) zonaite. And only ever trade in LARGE crystallized charges for battery cells (proportionally, you will get done A LOT faster this way).

Arrows are really hard to pick up.

Easiest way to stock up on arrows is to fast travel to each village and buy them from the shop there, then fast travel to every stable and buy them from Beedle (slightly more expensive).

Fastest "free" option is to break every single crate, box and barrel you come across :)

Made some good progress on this the other night:

Spoiler
I shelved the Gerudo quest as had to search for these 2 towers in the desert or something and don't have all the protective clothing for heat yet so it was becoming a pain. [spoiler/)
[close]
Spoiler
In Gerudo, you will only ever need level 2 heat protection. Tis means you can also cook a level 2 heat elixir, or, and this is my prefered solution: Wear one piece of protective clothing (=1 level of protection) and fuse a sapphire to your shield and have that shield equipped (= your 2nd level of protection). You can do the same with a ruby for cold protection :) [spoiler/)
[close]

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: July 4, 2023, 05:40:05 pm »
Cheers for the advice!

You mentioned the Dragon Tears Quest

I seem to have done them in a random order whenever I find them. How do you know where to look for each one?

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #153 on: July 4, 2023, 08:50:41 pm »
You mentioned the Dragon Tears Quest

I seem to have done them in a random order whenever I find them. How do you know where to look for each one?

Did you happen upon the quest just by accident? Or did you initiate it by speaking to Impa?

If you initiate the quest at Impa's original location (New Serenne Stable), you then will discover something to help you locate the rest of the tears at the next location Impa travels to from there (she'll tell you where to go).

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: July 6, 2023, 07:56:37 am »
Did you happen upon the quest just by accident? Or did you initiate it by speaking to Impa?

If you initiate the quest at Impa's original location (New Serenne Stable), you then will discover something to help you locate the rest of the tears at the next location Impa travels to from there (she'll tell you where to go).

Yeah stupid me did the Lost Temple quest ages ago but don't think I had a camera then to take a picture of the board with the DT locations. Went back and took one now.

Got 5 left to find!

I stumbled across Hatano Village last night. Good memories from.BOTW!

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #155 on: July 11, 2023, 07:35:21 am »
I beat the game for the second time last night, and, feeling slightly less anxious  ;D I took my time to really take it in.

My god, the finale of this game (no spoilers) really is breathtakingly spectacular and epic beyond anything the previous titles had served up.

I've never pressed the screenshot button on my Switch this many times – in fact, I've hardly ever used it before  ;D

In case you were wondering: You can still go on playing once you've finished the game.

It will reset you to your last save just before you enter the final area.

However, there will be some slight differences: your save file will have a star symbol at the end (to indicate that you've completed the game), and you will get an indicator on your map showing how much percentage of the game you've completed.

I'm currently only at 52.24/100% even though I've finished it twice, and got all the memories, Shrines and Lightroots  ;D

In conclusion: There's lots to play for even after you've finished the main story.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 07:43:30 am by emergency exit »

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: July 21, 2023, 11:04:39 am »
I've put around 18 hours or so in.

It's absolutely brilliant but I am finding it quite overwhelming. I've hardly touched the main story - done about 19 shrines and been finding towers and just exploring mainly.

Do you ever have to search the Internet for how to do certain stuff? I've completer around 13 shrines with no help at all but some are just so hard to figure out.

Spoiler
I did Tukarok shrine today and just would never have been able to get through it without a walkthrough video. The second bit where you have to attach a plank and a wheel to the cube that goes up was just not something I'd ever think of doing or had learnt from the game.
[close]
I've just looked up the solution to this shrine and I did not do complete as intended! In fact the video I have just seen with the solution didn't even do it as you described it should be done. I guess part of the joy of this game is that there's so many different ways you can problem solve. Even if it does feel like your always breaking the game/cheating!

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: August 7, 2023, 10:27:36 am »
Finished last night. Done all the shrines, Light roots and enough korok nuts to upgrade my inventory to max (still have about 600 more to find). Battery is green maxed (started on Blue max). Leaving the game un-updated makes the game very easy with the item dupe glitch.

Dont think the side quests are all that fun. But the main story is great and the world is incredible.

Will probably end up like BOTW where I dont replay it. But still a must play for switch owners

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #158 on: August 7, 2023, 02:34:02 pm »
Finished last night. Done all the shrines, Light roots and enough korok nuts to upgrade my inventory to max (still have about 600 more to find). Battery is green maxed (started on Blue max). Leaving the game un-updated makes the game very easy with the item dupe glitch.

Dont think the side quests are all that fun. But the main story is great and the world is incredible.

Will probably end up like BOTW where I dont replay it. But still a must play for switch owners

Congrats!

How epic was that ending, eh? Got a bit misty eyed there.

I really hope there's still some DLC in store somewhere down the line. I loved immersing myself into this iteration of Hyrule, but just realized now that I haven't picked up the game in over two weeks.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #159 on: October 10, 2023, 10:01:36 pm »
Finished.
Joint top with RDR2 as favourite ever games.
When’s the next one out!