Author Topic: FIFA Series  (Read 19781 times)

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FIFA Series
« Reply #280 on: September 26, 2023, 11:21:02 pm »
I’ve gotten the last few series for free via ps plus or close to through a massive sale when it gets to the end of its cycle. Wouldn’t even look at purchasing at full price unless they ever give career mode or gameplay a massive upgrade.

Gameplay feels way to gimmicky and simulated these days with the main aim seemingly being to allow players rack up high scores every game and career mode is just an after thought for developers.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: September 27, 2023, 07:16:34 am »
Tried the 10 hour trial on Xbox but it feels more ping pongy than ever, I really tried to play a slower paced game but it's just not easy. I actually turned the pace of the game down in the options but it still felt too fast. This is compared to previous iterations which I've played for a while

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: October 2, 2023, 09:48:49 am »
I’m a casual career mode player now, used to get really into Ultimate team though from FIFA 11 through to probably FIFA 17 or 18.

Played FIFA 23 at a mates the other day, and he’s massively into ultimate team. What an absolute steaming pile of shit that’s become now.

I remember being absolutely buzzing because I got Ribery in a pack on FIFA 13. Now every player seems to have a bunch of different cards from random half arsed “promotions” and the whole thing stinks of a money grabbing exercise.

Van Dijk for example:

Normal card rated 90
A special World Cup one rated 88
A Netherlands one also rated 90
A “World Cup stories” one rated 92
A team of the year rated 96
A “shapeshifter” as a defensive mid rated 98?!

My mate the other day had a team of 95+ rated cards, including a striker version of Petr Cech and a Sol Campbell left winger edition. What a mess

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: October 2, 2023, 09:57:33 am »
Football games are in a horrible state these days.
EA keep releasing the shell of a game designed for, by and because of - Ultimate Team.
It's the reason it exists as it effectively doubles their profits.

Konami shat the bed after flawed but brilliant PES 2021.
There is no more competition, nothing that resembles actual football.

A three year old PES 2021 is imo still the best footy game on the market - if you can find it.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: October 2, 2023, 02:57:51 pm »
Football games are in a horrible state these days.
EA keep releasing the shell of a game designed for, by and because of - Ultimate Team.
It's the reason it exists as it effectively doubles their profits.

Konami shat the bed after flawed but brilliant PES 2021.
There is no more competition, nothing that resembles actual football.

A three year old PES 2021 is imo still the best footy game on the market - if you can find it.

Most games are like that now. Prioritising fantasy over reality, some of us like the boring realism  ;)

Played a recent Call of Duty lately, after filtering through several ads for add-ons and new weapon skins I ended up in a game, and missed a kill because the spring heeled fucker jet packed into mid air.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #285 on: October 17, 2023, 02:50:58 pm »
Haven't played this for a few years but got the new EAFC.

Not sure I'm doing it right but defending feels 50/50 whether a player will run through me or not.

Yet when I try to run through other players I always get tackled.  My players feel so slow, yet their players seem like they outpace my defenders.

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: November 15, 2023, 02:30:31 pm »
Wanted to get Alonso as my manager on UT but doesn’t appear like he is on it??

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #287 on: November 30, 2023, 10:50:12 pm »
Anyone tried to play online games? Every single game I play stutters and stops and starts, it’s very annoying. Is there a setting I need to change or something? I literally cannot play any rivals matches? I have a 2gig fiber connection so that’s not an issue.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #288 on: November 30, 2023, 11:09:14 pm »
The servers I’ve always found to be wildly inconsistent, same case with this one. You can go through three different game modes (within Ultimate Team), Friendlies, Rivals and Draft and have a completely different speed of game in each and totally random player reactions (can always tell by the keeper diving animations). I haven’t even dared to venture into Champions to gauge that.
AHA!