Author Topic: Hogwarts Legacy (Feb 2023)  (Read 10476 times)

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Hogwarts Legacy (Feb 2023)
« Reply #80 on: February 8, 2023, 12:41:21 am »
I’ve played it for a couple hours so far on PS5 and I’m really enjoying it, the combat is great and exploring the castle is amazing.

I’ve decided to park it and go to bed because much to my annoyance I’ve remembered that I’ve got responsibilities in the morning which I have to be able to function for, which is a shame, but I’ve got this to look forward to tomorrow evening.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #81 on: February 8, 2023, 12:55:03 am »
Anyone know the full play through time? I mean is it a game like RDR where once you finish it, you just never go back?

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #82 on: February 8, 2023, 03:02:22 am »
Does each house slightly alter the story?

Having played a bit more of it, I don't think it does. Other than you returning to a different common room maybe.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: February 8, 2023, 03:03:29 am »
Anyone know the full play through time? I mean is it a game like RDR where once you finish it, you just never go back?

30-40 hours for the main story is what I've read. The side quests and collectibles probably another 40 or so.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #84 on: February 8, 2023, 09:14:03 am »
Ordered this from Shopto yesterday for £51 on PS5. Anyone know when I'll get it? Haven't ordered from Shopto in years but I remember they used to deliver pre-orders a day or two earlier more often than not.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: February 8, 2023, 01:19:08 pm »
Ordered this from Shopto yesterday for £51 on PS5. Anyone know when I'll get it? Haven't ordered from Shopto in years but I remember they used to deliver pre-orders a day or two earlier more often than not.

The release date is Friday, so it will be then by the latest I would assume.

I ordered mine from ShopTo and it was received yesterday which was the release date for deluxe edition pre-orders, but with that already being earlier than the official release date I guess that might be why I didn’t get it a day or two earlier than that.

You’ll get an email from them with a DPD tracking number confirming it’s been dispatched and from then it will be the following day.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: February 8, 2023, 02:42:53 pm »
Buzzing for this.

Get a day off for my work anniversary, so I've pre-ordered from Smyths and I'll pick up Friday morning.

Exciting times!

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: February 9, 2023, 11:39:27 am »
The release date is Friday, so it will be then by the latest I would assume.

I ordered mine from ShopTo and it was received yesterday which was the release date for deluxe edition pre-orders, but with that already being earlier than the official release date I guess that might be why I didn’t get it a day or two earlier than that.

You’ll get an email from them with a DPD tracking number confirming it’s been dispatched and from then it will be the following day.

Not had a dispatch email yet so guess I won't be getting it today. :(

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: February 9, 2023, 09:04:41 pm »
Played about 6 hours so far and barely touched the main story, as someone else said, there’s so much to do and you just WANT to do the side quests when they pop up.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2023, 06:52:16 am »
Release day and I've just picked up my copy!

FYI.. £54 in Asda. I'd be quick though as the guy that put them on the shelves just told me that they were only given 5 for PS5 and 3 for SX.

I was the first in. Loser.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2023, 07:26:15 am »
Bring delivered by Amazon today. Can’t wait

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2023, 08:30:30 am »
A question for those that have played it...

My wife is a big Harry Potter fan, but she is no gamer and has no interest in gaming at all. She has enjoyed watching the HL trailers though and is intruiged. She said she would be tempted to have a play.

When I start the game tonight I'm going to ask if she wants to be involved or at least watch.

The question is, is it good at the start or is there loads of admin, character customisation etc? Ie... Would a non-gamer get bored?
"Salahs in here......"

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2023, 09:52:22 am »
The start is pretty straight forward. Character creation is not very in-depth. You give them a name, pick a gender, pick a voice (can pick between two and change the pitch of the voice, but from what I've heard you shouldn't do that, because it makes them sound weird at times) and of course you can adjust their looks. But again nothing too complex and you can get through that very quickly. It's basically different head/face-shapes, skin-tone, hair-style/colour, eyebrows (style and colour) and you can have certain scars in the face. It's at most a few minutes, if you don't want to go through and look at every single face-shape and hair-style. Not many options to tinker with. After that the game starts and it's all just gameplay with many cut-scenes. Your house will be picked after you do the first tutorial bit and arrive at Hogwarts and it's basically just a short dialogue with the sorting hat who puts you in a house depending on your answers to two questions (but you can manually change your choice, if your unhappy with that). You can also connect your account on the platform you're playing on (like Steam, if you're on PC) with yiour Harry Potter Fan Club account or whatever it's called, and then you can do a longer questionaire on the Fan Club page to get a House chosen for you. You can also have it pick a wand for you that you'll then be given in the game when you first visit Olivander's. Plus you get some other cosmetic items. It's all optional, but you get some free stuff.

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2023, 10:46:30 am »
A question for those that have played it...

My wife is a big Harry Potter fan, but she is no gamer and has no interest in gaming at all. She has enjoyed watching the HL trailers though and is intruiged. She said she would be tempted to have a play.

When I start the game tonight I'm going to ask if she wants to be involved or at least watch.

The question is, is it good at the start or is there loads of admin, character customisation etc? Ie... Would a non-gamer get bored?

I am a lot like your wife. I loved HP and I'm not a gamer. A relative gave me his Xbox because he's using his Playstation 5 exclusively now. It came with many games (GTA, FIFA 2023 and many, many more) but I'm not really interested in them. Anyway I bought HL as it seemed like a good place to start, and so far so good. It didn't take long to set up at all, and I opted for the so-called easy gameplay but as a non-gamer, I'm still spending a lot of time getting killed. I am slowly improving though. There's a lot of storytelling, the graphics are incredible for someone like me who hasn't kept up with gaming and the side quests allow you to get to grips with everything. So I don't think your wife would get bored, not initially at least. It's Hogwarts, the magical world and its creatures are what you find in the books, the magical lessons are easy and there are cats to pet! She might need a little help to get to Hogwarts in the first place but I think it's worth persevering.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2023, 10:56:31 am »
Thanks for the info guys. It's making me want to play it even more. Today will drag!

Think I might see if she wants to watch me a little and if she likes it, I'll set up her own account.

Good luck on your gaming adventure Bio. This is a great sun-forum to use if you need ideas on what games to play next.

Also, most games these days can seem daunting at first. My advice, stick with them if you can, some of them pay off big time.

I struggled with Red Dead Redemption 2 at first. I plodded on and eventually it all clicked. It was the best game I've ever played.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 10:58:40 am by Fabulous_aurelio »
"Salahs in here......"

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2023, 11:07:11 am »
I hate the flying mechanics

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2023, 12:03:15 pm »
I hate the flying mechanics

Why, are they really tough enemies?  ;D

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2023, 12:05:20 pm »
You can't have flying cars without flying mechanics.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2023, 01:25:21 pm »

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2023, 06:57:02 pm »
It feels faithful to the books/films. I really enjoy walking round Hogwarts and taking it all in. The spells feel quite intuitive the way they are mapped and in general it's solid combat

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2023, 07:17:25 pm »
Wife says 'go on put it on, there's an hour before teas ready'.

It's Friday evening, just broken up for half term, feeling good, I grab myself a beer....

....64gb update.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2023, 07:22:51 pm »
Wife says 'go on put it on, there's an hour before teas ready'.

It's Friday evening, just broken up for half term, feeling good, I grab myself a beer....

....64gb update.

:lmao

Is it worth the money ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2023, 08:22:02 pm »
:lmao

Is it worth the money ?
I don't know yet!!!
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2023, 09:03:14 pm »
I'm really enjoying this so far. Only a couple of hours in but seems a decent enough game and the nostalgia is great. Loved HP when I was younger so it's enjoyable to explore this world in a modern game. Fingers crossed the story is at least half decent because the world is fantastic so far

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2023, 09:07:18 pm »
I'm so debating whether or not I want to buy this. On the one hand i'm really looking for a new game to start and play, but on the other I don't want to have a game finished by next Thursday and be out $60+

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2023, 09:30:57 pm »
I'm so debating whether or not I want to buy this. On the one hand i'm really looking for a new game to start and play, but on the other I don't want to have a game finished by next Thursday and be out $60+

Are you a fan of Harry Potter?  If so I think it will take a good while to get through it. Map seems pretty big and I've done about 5 hours already just exploring really barely done any quests. However if you are not a particularly big fan of it or interested in just exploring I'd do some research first on how long the game is main mission wise etc to see if its worth it for you

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2023, 09:34:54 pm »

Are you a fan of Harry Potter?  If so I think it will take a good while to get through it. Map seems pretty big and I've done about 5 hours already just exploring really barely done any quests. However if you are not a particularly big fan of it or interested in just exploring I'd do some research first on how long the game is main mission wise etc to see if its worth it for you

I do like the Harry Potter movies, can't say i'm an uber fan but did enjoy it a lot.

I looked it up and it says 30-40 hrs to complete the game. I dunno I just don't want to get something, complete it and then never go back to it, i.e Spiderman, RDR2 and the like.

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2023, 09:50:51 pm »
I do like the Harry Potter movies, can't say i'm an uber fan but did enjoy it a lot.

I looked it up and it says 30-40 hrs to complete the game. I dunno I just don't want to get something, complete it and then never go back to it, i.e Spiderman, RDR2 and the like.
That's fair enough. As I playstation (mostly) gamer I always try to buy disc rather than digital copies so once I complete something I can then sell it. Saves me a lot of money and works for me.

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2023, 10:04:40 pm »
Thanks for the info guys. It's making me want to play it even more. Today will drag!

Think I might see if she wants to watch me a little and if she likes it, I'll set up her own account.

Good luck on your gaming adventure Bio. This is a great sun-forum to use if you need ideas on what games to play next.

Also, most games these days can seem daunting at first. My advice, stick with them if you can, some of them pay off big time.

I struggled with Red Dead Redemption 2 at first. I plodded on and eventually it all clicked. It was the best game I've ever played.

Thanks Fab. I think it's safe to say that it will take me weeks, if not months, to finish this if my first attempt is anything to go by.

Hope you've managed to give it a go by now. I'm interested to know where it ranks in terms of games. I'm seeing a lot of positive feedback so far but I have no idea how it compares.

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2023, 10:40:47 pm »

Why don't you buy a physical copy and flog it when you're finished (console depending)? I do that with the majority of games now anyway, certainly those with a linear story line. If you buy it at launch and complete it by the end of next week you'd probably get $45+ on eBay, so it's only cost you $15 or so for 30-40 hours of entertainment which is excellent value really.

I have a fair few games digitally (mainly on the Switch) but if I ever buy a major release around launch for close to full price I get a physical copy, play through and then sell. I've only kept a handful of major releases after finishing them, RDR2 being the main one and I've never really got back into it. I remember being sad to have sold RDR when when I traded it my PS3 so I've kept it though. The rest of the games I keep tend to be ones I might keep coming back to or are multiplayer - No Man's Sky, Mario Kart, Smash Bros etc.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 10:43:10 pm by JerseyKloppite »

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2023, 10:46:22 pm »
Why don't you buy a physical copy and flog it when you're finished (console depending)? I do that with the vast majority of games now anyway, certainly those with a linear story line. If you buy it at launch and complete it by the end of next week you'd probably get $45+ on eBay, so it's only cost you $15 or so for 30-40 hours of entertainment which is excellent value really.

I have a fair few games digitally (mainly on the Switch) but I've only kept a handful of major releases after finishing them. RDR2 being the main one and I've never really got back into it. I remember being sad to have sold RDR when when I traded it my PS3 so I've kept it though. The rest of the games I keep tend to be ones I might keep coming back to or are multiplayer - No Man's Sky, Mario Kart, Smash Bros etc.

Do they make a PS4 version of it? I might do that.

It's also about getting stuck into a game that I want to play over and over. I've been playing Valheim a lot recently and it cost me $20 and i've put in over 1300 hours, I know a lot of games don't offer that sort of playability but kinda looking for something more than a couple of days entertainment.

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2023, 10:52:27 pm »
Do they make a PS4 version of it? I might do that.

It's also about getting stuck into a game that I want to play over and over. I've been playing Valheim a lot recently and it cost me $20 and i've put in over 1300 hours, I know a lot of games don't offer that sort of playability but kinda looking for something more than a couple of days entertainment.

Yeah there's a PS4 version but I don't think it's out for another 6 weeks unfortunately.

I know what you mean, it's great to find a game that clicks. 1300 hours is a big old investment, reminds me of my football manager stats from when I was in my 20s ;D

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2023, 10:54:51 pm »
Yeah there's a PS4 version but I don't think it's out for another 6 weeks unfortunately.

I know what you mean, it's great to find a game that clicks. 1300 hours is a big old investment, reminds me of my football manager stats from when I was in my 20s ;D

Ah ok so would have to wait 6 weeks, guess by then i'd have made up my mind whether or not to buy it ;)

Yeah I love Valheim, the scale of what you can do in it is so vast that every game can be different. Plus there's so many methods of playing it. Absolute beast of a game and for so little spent.

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2023, 11:36:39 pm »
It feels faithful to the books/films. I really enjoy walking round Hogwarts and taking it all in. The spells feel quite intuitive the way they are mapped and in general it's solid combat

Have to say though, I think they missed something by not making it Bully-like in terms of having day and night cycles and you having to go to class at certain times during the day. That would be even more immersive I think...

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2023, 08:50:19 am »
This game is going to take over my life for weeks. Its insane how big the map is. I'm only about 5 hours in and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of Hogwarts and then you open the world map and there's area upon area I've not even been to yet.

Just got my broom and room of requirement which seems like a good point to do some exploring and really get stuck into the open world

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2023, 09:37:59 am »
Have to say though, I think they missed something by not making it Bully-like in terms of having day and night cycles and you having to go to class at certain times during the day. That would be even more immersive I think...

Yeah that would be cool, I'd of liked my Hogwarts experience to start as a year 1 and not a 5th year as well but then  I guess you've got the issue of length and how long you make each year last without feeling like you are skipping large amounts of time.

I think if they make another (seems like a no brainer considering it's selling like crazy) there's lots of scope for improvement.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2023, 09:55:22 am »
Just a reminder that you pick up quite a few spells from side quests

Online Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2023, 08:16:25 pm »

It does have day/night cycles to be fair.

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2023, 08:40:55 pm »
It does have day/night cycles to be fair.

Haha. Yeah, I only realised that today. I think I missed it in the first few hours, because I spent most of the time inside running through Hogwarts. And I also thought I had read or heard that there was no day-night-cycle... :D

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #119 on: February 11, 2023, 09:52:48 pm »
Just got to Hogwarts. Very promising indeed.

Really enjoyed the opening way of delivering a tutorial.

It looks fantastic.

They kept the ol lightweight, fly open doors that they had in their early gameplay trailers I see! Only negative so far from me, and that's nothing at all.
"Salahs in here......"