Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption - Rockstar Games  (Read 320518 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: Red Dead Redemption - Rockstar Games
« Reply #4000 on: January 16, 2024, 08:04:08 pm »
I save the story mode at certain stages of the game so i can back that point of the game later on, i went back to chapter 2, after A Quiet Time mission, did The First Shall Be Last mission then just explored the map, raided both Shady Bell & Hanging Dog ranch.
#Sausages

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4001 on: January 16, 2024, 09:21:52 pm »
Just done a Horseman challenge where you have to drag someone 3600ft with your lasso.

Grabbed a random woman at a ranch and dragged her while being chased by a load of lawmen. :)

Got to trample 5 animals next. Wild Turkeys are the way to go here.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4002 on: January 16, 2024, 09:40:07 pm »
Just done a Horseman challenge where you have to drag someone 3600ft with your lasso.

Grabbed a random woman at a ranch and dragged her while being chased by a load of lawmen. :)

Got to trample 5 animals next. Wild Turkeys are the way to go here.

;D

I tend to do that challenge in the Face Rock area near Rhodes, & stay off the Roads/Trails, mostly due to the wide area, so i can go cross country & avoids gaining wanted levels.

Just to note you can't complete the whole of the Horseman challenge [same with some of the other challenges too] until after chapter 6, as some of the challenges you need to go to into areas like Tall Trees, Great Plains, Blackwater, & New Austin which are off limits until the epilogues.
#Sausages

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4003 on: January 17, 2024, 08:46:51 am »
;D

I tend to do that challenge in the Face Rock area near Rhodes,

Ahh Face Rock area. Now that is a nice tip

I have a treasure map that indicates a big rock that looks like a face.  Had no idea where it was.  Will have a mooch around Rhodes :)

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4004 on: January 17, 2024, 08:39:46 pm »
Just went back with some decent ammo and killed the Legendary Grizzly Bear

After a visit to the trapper, I'm now rocking the Bear Hat.  It's cool and I love it :)

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4005 on: January 17, 2024, 10:06:12 pm »
Just went back with some decent ammo and killed the Legendary Grizzly Bear

After a visit to the trapper, I'm now rocking the Bear Hat.  It's cool and I love it :)

Good shooting.

Now i kill the grizzlys with a rifle with scope on, so i can keep my distance that the grizzly doesn't spot me when i see it, i know where one spawns up every few in game days, sometimes you have to play a mission before the grizzly spawns up again. Now & again an O'Driscolls enemy mini camp spawns in the same area, & have great i fun shooting some of the O'Driscolls, then a grizzly spawns up so i get out of the way sharpish & let it attacks one of the O'Driscolls i didn't kill, oh then i kill the grizzly too. ;D

I do love the missions with Hosea, annoying there's so few of them in the game, i think there's more camaraderie between Arthur & Hosea, than Arthur & Dutch.
#Sausages

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #4006 on: January 18, 2024, 04:46:14 pm »
Some of the treasure maps are absolute bastards.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4007 on: January 18, 2024, 10:25:24 pm »
Yeah. No way I’m getting all the treasure, cigarette cards or dinosaur bones without a walkthrough.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4008 on: January 18, 2024, 10:55:29 pm »
Yeah. No way I’m getting all the treasure, cigarette cards or dinosaur bones without a walkthrough.

I've thrown thousands of packs of cigs away. You got your special lures yet ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4009 on: January 18, 2024, 11:24:43 pm »

Walkthroughs aren't the issue, it's finding the locations ;), & if anyone is struggling, here's a great RDRII interactive map

https://rdr2map.com/
#Sausages

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4010 on: January 19, 2024, 12:10:16 am »
Walkthroughs aren't the issue, it's finding the locations ;), & if anyone is struggling, here's a great RDRII interactive map

That's incredible haha. Need to start playing again.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4011 on: January 19, 2024, 12:23:21 am »
You got your special lures yet ?

Not even got to fishing yet.  I think there's a mission coming up that introduces me.

Just busted Micah out of jail.  Mad bastard he is :)

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4012 on: January 19, 2024, 12:28:04 am »

Fantastic mate

Gonna try and find as much as I can myself during the first playthrough.  I'll use that map to get 100%.

cheers

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4013 on: January 19, 2024, 12:46:45 am »

Wow. I've seen some other maps but this one is tops. Might have to resume the game and try to complete some of these. Last time I played the game (or any game, for that matter) was about a year ago... working on the rare orchids & plumes mission, but got frustrated with the difficulty of collecting some of those plumes, despite detailed instructions on how to respawn them in a certain area. It'll take hours and hours of gameplay at this rate, so that killed my interest. The dinosaur bones will be a fun one to resume on, I've only found about half a dozen despite starting the game in 2019...

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4014 on: January 19, 2024, 02:20:12 am »
Not even got to fishing yet.  I think there's a mission coming up that introduces me.

Just busted Micah out of jail.  Mad bastard he is :)

You can leave the next Micha mission to chapter 3, which is what i do, camp is much more peaceful without the c*nt. ;D
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4015 on: January 19, 2024, 01:35:13 pm »
I'm replying the game again from chapter 2, done the treasure hunts & massed up over $8.000 ;D, i loath the Roanoak Ridge region, spoiler alert
Spoiler
i never camp anywhere in the Roanoak Ridge region, at first you get a warning, then you get attacked by the Murfrees, as soon as you set up camp anywhere in the region
[close]
#Sausages

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4016 on: January 20, 2024, 12:15:30 am »
I'm the opposite, I loved setting up camp around there and testing the rednecks' FAFO reflex

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4017 on: January 20, 2024, 12:54:21 am »
"The Smell of Grease Paint" has been my favorite mission so far.  Brilliant.

Bertram!!

:lmao

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4018 on: January 20, 2024, 11:48:38 pm »
"The Smell of Grease Paint" has been my favorite mission so far.  Brilliant.

Bertram!!

:lmao

Not mine at all... felt silly

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4019 on: January 31, 2024, 07:48:40 pm »
I do love the contrast of the landscapes between Heartlands & Scarlett Meadows when roaming in the Dewberry Creek region.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2024, 06:49:38 am by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4020 on: February 2, 2024, 11:51:57 pm »
I've currently got Arthur with a skinhead, long chops, and a muzzie.  He looks like one of those prison Aryan Brotherhood dudes.

Apparently, If you apply hair tonic, Arthur's hair can grow even longer.  I'm gonna buy some from the store.

Really enjoy roaming the land with my two maps finding the legendary fish and legendary animals.  Just bagged the Legendary Bison and Legendary Sockeye Salmon up in the Grizzlies.  Love it up there.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4021 on: February 3, 2024, 07:46:01 pm »
It doesn't really get that long, I've used it throughout and only got a trim when forced to & never got the mane I deserved or paid for  ;D

Did you get yourself a nice white horse yet, he's near to where you get one of the legendary fish.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4022 on: February 5, 2024, 08:35:54 pm »
It doesn't really get that long, I've used it throughout and only got a trim when forced to & never got the mane I deserved or paid for  ;D

Did you get yourself a nice white horse yet, he's near to where you get one of the legendary fish.

I spotted it, I think mate.  Is it up by the Sockeye Salmon in the Grizzlies?

Will it respawn?  Is it faster, better, etc?

Love it when you search for a legendary animal and find a totally different one on your route to its location.  :)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4023 on: February 5, 2024, 08:45:36 pm »
I spotted it, I think mate.  Is it up by the Sockeye Salmon in the Grizzlies?

Will it respawn?  Is it faster, better, etc?

Love it when you search for a legendary animal and find a totally different one on your route to its location.  :)

Yeah all of the above & she (not he) respawns if you scared her off the first time, you can buy a couple of other arabians later in the game for $1000'ish that have a bit extra stamina but she's the best looking.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4024 on: February 5, 2024, 09:10:14 pm »

Must admit i found the white horse [white arabian by it's official title], first time i played RDR II 4 years ago [blooming hell time has flown by since :o], but i'm quite happy with the thoroughbred horse i brought during the Hosea mission for the bear in chapter II, he's very fast, & i love the size of him compared with the other gang members horses too. ;D
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4025 on: February 15, 2024, 03:30:45 pm »
One annoyance, the constant bombardment of hints & tips, Rockstar impose when playing the game, wish you had the option to turn them off.
#Sausages

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4026 on: March 2, 2024, 05:51:36 am »
Wow. I've seen some other maps but this one is tops. Might have to resume the game and try to complete some of these. Last time I played the game (or any game, for that matter) was about a year ago... working on the rare orchids & plumes mission, but got frustrated with the difficulty of collecting some of those plumes, despite detailed instructions on how to respawn them in a certain area. It'll take hours and hours of gameplay at this rate, so that killed my interest. The dinosaur bones will be a fun one to resume on, I've only found about half a dozen despite starting the game in 2019...

So my wife and MiL took the kids to swimming lessons today so I got my first 2.5 hours of "me time" in about a year, and gave RDR2 another spin to get some Dino bones, and within five minutes I startled a flock of snowy egrets, whose plumes eluded me last year. But because I hadn't played for a year, I forgot the bloody command for the weapon wheel, and all I had to hand was a rolling block rifle, so I only managed to kill one of the buggers. Aargh! Mission accomplished in 2026 if I'm lucky.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4027 on: March 2, 2024, 05:46:25 pm »
One annoyance, the constant bombardment of hints & tips, Rockstar impose when playing the game, wish you had the option to turn them off.

You do.

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
« Reply #4028 on: March 4, 2024, 10:50:09 am »
There's a chestnut coloured arabian by the big lake in West Elizabeth. My fourth playthrough and I never knew about it, first thing I usually did was head up to the mountains and get the white one.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4029 on: March 4, 2024, 10:56:47 am »
There's a chestnut coloured arabian by the big lake in West Elizabeth. My fourth playthrough and I never knew about it, first thing I usually did was head up to the mountains and get the white one.

The first thing John does is fetch that.

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
« Reply #4030 on: March 4, 2024, 11:00:15 am »
The first thing John does is fetch that.
I actually save Buell for John. I prefer how that side quest ends when John does it.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4031 on: March 4, 2024, 11:10:59 am »
I actually save Buell for John. I prefer how that side quest ends when John does it.

I never thought of doing that  :thumbup

I am going to save as many quests for John as I can on my next play through, will make the game better, as it'll keep me interested.

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
« Reply #4032 on: March 4, 2024, 11:18:30 am »
I never thought of doing that  :thumbup

I am going to save as many quests for John as I can on my next play through, will make the game better, as it'll keep me interested.
I won't spoil it for you, but there is a special cutscene waiting for you when you visit the veteran in his home  :)

Just whatever you do, dear god don't leave Charlotte to fend for herself. I'm still traumatised from opening that front door  ;D