Author Topic: Announcement on Anfield redevelopment due Monday  (Read 82138 times)

Offline gods_left_peg

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Announcement on anfield redevelopment due monday
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2012, 02:29:48 pm »
Why would the club let the council announce this first? Surely the club\owners would want to be first to make the announcement?

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a conflicting statement from the club on Monday, saying that the are still exploring their options, looking for the right sponsorship etc
“This club will always be the most important thing for ­millions of fans all over the world, just like Everton are the most important club to some people." - King Kenny

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2012, 02:29:58 pm »
Exactly and most of them will be corporate twats.

Or maybe, just maybe a bigger stadium will be a positive thing (I know, shocking prospect right?!) Weight off everyones minds, progress by the club and a step that makes the club more competitive at a financial level.  Maybe expansion is what Anfield needs in this day and age, to improve the match day atmosphere, every chance of that as there is in your gloomy scenario.

Also, I do detest your holier than thou attitude towards pretty much all other supporters.  Why are you so much better than everyone else?

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2012, 02:31:34 pm »
Great news, didn't want to move or share with the blues.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2012, 02:33:50 pm »
You have clearly zero knowledge of the subject and can't be arsed to do a little research, research as easy as scanning the stadium forum yet you continue to spout crap. You're embarrassing yourself.

If I was you mate I would have a little scan in here before I started throwing accusations around. http://anfieldsrockfieldtriangle.weebly.com/residents-forum.html.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2012, 02:40:50 pm »
Some people on here just live so they can moan. Such a waste of energy.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline mark82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2012, 02:44:04 pm »
If I was you mate I would have a little scan in here before I started throwing accusations around. http://anfieldsrockfieldtriangle.weebly.com/residents-forum.html.

Been reading that forum for ages, explain how the planned development leave the club landlocked, have you even seen the preferred option and what that would mean for development in terms of right to light? The post I quoted suggests otherwise.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2012, 02:44:51 pm »
Whoever's fault it is, it's a valid point. The community there must be the most resilient in this Country to put up with the shit dumped on them over the years. I'll forgive them if they view this latest announcement with contempt.

yes, and the point still stands, its not FSG/the clubs fault the area is in the states its in. Also, there is a least one resident who doesnt look like he wants to sell/move, that could delay things massivly with regards to the redevelopment of the area and statdium but theres not exactly much the club can do about it though.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2012, 02:45:18 pm »
Thank god we're staying at Anfield. The heart and soul of this club is in that stadium, to let go of it would've been a terrible mistake.

Offline CharlieAdamsLeftFoot

• has gone to Stoke with his right foot.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What you achieve in life, echoes an eternity.
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2012, 02:51:05 pm »
finally might get a season ticket!
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless,
who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say

'We're Liverpool'

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2012, 02:52:19 pm »
There'll be new owners before then
Exactly. It's amazing where we are now from the Parry Bowl. This lot are real PR merchants. The moment they sniff any disaffection from the fans they release some bit of what they think is uplifting news.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2012, 02:53:18 pm »

Thank god we're staying at Anfield.
But it doesn't look as if anybody is happy about anything  :o

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2012, 02:54:33 pm »
Exactly. It's amazing where we are now from the Parry Bowl. This lot are real PR merchants. The moment they sniff any disaffection from the fans they release some bit of what they think is uplifting news.

The statement is due from the council, not the club.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2012, 02:56:27 pm »
yes, and the point still stands, its not FSG/the clubs fault the area is in the states its in. Also, there is a least one resident who doesnt look like he wants to sell/move, that could delay things massivly with regards to the redevelopment of the area and statdium but theres not exactly much the club can do about it though.

If you know that and they know that, makes sense to make alternative arrangements...unless it suits FSG purpose to keep the whole thing protracted while blaming the locals for the delay. How low is that?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2012, 02:59:35 pm »
Pleased to here some news & this seems like the correct option but its a shame the naming rights, major sponsorship ect will be up for sale at a time then the on pitch result level is so low.

Offline Juanyboy

• Kopite
  • Enjoying the sun, missing the football
« Reply #94 on: October 13, 2012, 03:00:40 pm »
But it doesn't look as if anybody is happy about anything  :o

I'm very happy. Not surprised about people digging out the negatives though. Very, very predictable that people are somehow blaming FSG for something. Fuckin hell, move on.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2012, 03:00:57 pm »

Who doesn't do that. Parents, government, directors of companies, teachers. Anyone in a position of power does that.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2012, 03:01:48 pm »
So it's taken FSG two years to do what Moores couldn't achieve in twenty odd. Well done FSG.

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #97 on: October 13, 2012, 03:04:46 pm »
Why do football fans that go to the game even care?

Because fans like to know about the venue that they shall be visiting. Stuff like where it's located, how many it holds, history, emotional attachment, different views, preferred seats, atmosphere etc

Maybe you don't go to the games but those who do go to anfield will be interested.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: October 13, 2012, 03:06:15 pm »
If you know that and they know that, makes sense to make alternative arrangements...unless it suits FSG purpose to keep the whole thing protracted while blaming the locals for the delay. How low is that?

What exactly are the alternatives? there is a limited amount of space around the stadium, you cant just create more space then whats there can you? So, the club could just move, which costs twice as much so isnt a great alternative.

As for blame, im stating how things are. If that equates blame to you then fair enough. Im an outsider in this, I dont come from Liverpool, so I wont be blaming anyone for anything as I only know what I read on here which isnt neccessarily everything.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2012, 03:06:52 pm »
Great decision if this goes ahead. Not very far away at all, enough time for the manger to get his style set on the pitch. If fans give him time, i expect us to be challenging for top 4 around that time. "Champions league football with a redeveloped Anfield", this was actually the title on Mr.Henry's folder of plans last week. Fact.
-YNWA-

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2012, 03:11:09 pm »
Can't understand all the negativity in here at all.

This seems like absolutely wonderful piece of news to me.  I'm hoping it will be the full 60k rather than 55k or whatever, because it sets up better for the long term, but other than that I can't see any negatives here.  With some of the responses it honestly sounds like people were hoping for a groundshare or just to do nothing.  This is the best possible answer we could have gotten to our stadium dilemma - be happy about it!
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2012, 03:12:14 pm »
So it's taken FSG two years to do what Moores couldn't achieve in twenty odd. Well done FSG.

Exactly. I thought regeneration of Anfield was impossible and we were all gutted about losing our home?

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2012, 03:15:41 pm »
What exactly are the alternatives? there is a limited amount of space around the stadium, you cant just create more space then whats there can you? So, the club could just move, which costs twice as much so isnt a great alternative.

As for blame, im stating how things are. If that equates blame to you then fair enough. Im an outsider in this, I dont come from Liverpool, so I wont be blaming anyone for anything as I only know what I read on here which isnt neccessarily everything.

You said it was a 'low blow' for Al to highlight the plight of the local residents as an argument. It's not. As for alternatives, there is a new stadium. FSG have not been able to get the money in naming rights to finance it so have dropped the idea seemingly. Just seems very convenient now to look into the idea of refurbishment knowing how long and protracted that may become. I'm sick of the stalling and pontificating. Smacks to me of looking for a way out. Remember, this hasn't even come from the club. If they were going ahead with this from Monday, FSG would be announcing it, surely?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 03:21:57 pm by vivabobbygraham »

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2012, 03:17:36 pm »
This for me isn't a debate about FSG per see it is about the embarrassing way the Club has treated the people of Anfield for decades. For decades the Club has been buying up properties, evicting tenants and boarding up desperately needed housing. The Club has looked out from it's ivory tower on a sea of shite that it has created and hasn't given two hoots about the conditions it has created.

If it comes down to a fight between a big business that uses a Stadium 20-30 times a year and the people who live there then for me there is only one winner. Sitting on a decision hoping for a naming partner is for me disgraceful and a Stain on the name of LFC. FSG for me want a free Stadium and will play for time until they get it or they will do what Henry did in Miami and move the Club on.

Monday is for me just yet another stalling tactic that will leave the residents of Anfield in squalor for years. Take a drive down Robson street and look at the redevelopment that has happened and the then look to your right and the rows and rows of demolished houses. we need to forget the tribalism and look at what is right and wrong and imagine if it was Tesco's that had blighted so many peoples lives for decades and the outcry.

The Club needs to stop pissing about and do the right thing for once, not the most profitable.   
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Coady

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Announcement on anfield redevelopment due monday
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2012, 03:19:08 pm »
So the council will make an announcement. I expect the club to say its still examining both options.
"When you hear the noise of the Bill Shankly boys,
We'll be coming down the road"

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2012, 03:20:40 pm »
You said it was a 'low blow' for Al to highlight the plight of the local residents as an argument. It's not. As for alternatives, there is a new stadium.

Its a low blow when that plight is made to score points against the owners.

New stadium costs twice as much, so not sure how much of a realistic alternative it is.
Thinking is overrated.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2012, 03:23:40 pm »
Al FSG don't want a free stadium, that is silly.

You're right that the residents have been poorly treated, hopefully this can benefit residents and the club for once.

A new stadium wouldn't have been any better for residents and it might have been even worse
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2012, 03:28:25 pm »
Looking forward to hearing the news on Monday - but note that just because the council may issue CPO's it doesn't necessarily mean they'll be successful in being able to buy those properties - the owners or occupiers can object to them and the case may go before an independent inspector appointed by the Govt who will then decide.

Of course, there could well be other news too :)

As said before - forcing people out of their own homes by CPO so we can get more people in / make more money in an expanded ground does not sit well with me - especially given the club, council and housing assocs. contributing heavily to the area's deterioration over the years and delaying of regeneration - hopefully, it won't come down to this.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 03:31:15 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2012, 03:29:19 pm »
cautious optimism about this news.

Maybe we'll look back on this season as one of new beginnings.....youth players developing in our first team, Hillsborough Justice commencing and our stadium decision decided. Would be nice.

But will wait for that day before getting any hopes up.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2012, 03:29:25 pm »
Al FSG don't want a free stadium, that is silly.

You're right that the residents have been poorly treated, hopefully this can benefit residents and the club for once.

A new stadium wouldn't have been any better for residents and it might have been even worse

Of course they want a free Stadium either a naming partner will pay for it or the fans will pay for it, one thing is crystal clear FSG wont be paying for it. As for a new Stadium being worse take a drive around Anfield and then come back and say that. The area inside the Robson Street, Sleepers hill, Anfield Rd and the ground triangle is an absolute shit hole.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2012, 03:30:02 pm »
Its a low blow when that plight is made to score points against the owners.

New stadium costs twice as much, so not sure how much of a realistic alternative it is.

It was realistic last year when Ayre was very bullish over the whole thing.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/05/23/liverpool-fc-progress-is-being-made-on-stadium-plans-says-ian-ayre-100252-31026306/2/

Now that option seems to have gone west, we have just the refurbishment plan left which, as you say, could be long and protracted. Convenient?

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2012, 03:32:34 pm »
Jen Chang is the guarantee for the smooth execution of the plans. Any troublemakers will swim in River Mersey wearing concrete shoes.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2012, 03:36:41 pm »
It was realistic last year when Ayre was very bullish over the whole thing.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/05/23/liverpool-fc-progress-is-being-made-on-stadium-plans-says-ian-ayre-100252-31026306/2/

Now that option seems to have gone west, we have just the refurbishment plan left which, as you say, could be long and protracted. Convenient?

Spot on, if the numbers don't stack up in 2014 for FSG does anyone seriously think they will go ahead with these plans. Redevelopment of a community should not depend on whether FSG can get their financial ducks in a row.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2012, 03:40:32 pm »
Jen Chang is the guarantee for the smooth execution of the plans. Any troublemakers will swim in River Mersey wearing concrete shoes.

Is it possible to 'sleep with the fishes' in the Mersey?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2012, 03:43:14 pm »
Why would the club let the council announce this first? Surely the club\owners would want to be first to make the announcement?

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a conflicting statement from the club on Monday, saying that the are still exploring their options, looking for the right sponsorship etc

At a guess the Council may be trying to force the issue having waited on LFC for years.  Not just FSG obviously but also G&H.  Five years of talk and broken promises = fuck all action.  Council has to take the lead.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2012, 03:46:05 pm »
Spot on, if the numbers don't stack up in 2014 for FSG does anyone seriously think they will go ahead with these plans. Redevelopment of a community should not depend on whether FSG can get their financial ducks in a row.

As you said Al the one group you know that will  be contributing fuck all towards any stadium will be FSG, not a fucken hope.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2012, 03:49:16 pm »

It's only an announcement.  And it's from the Council anyway.  Moores overseen development of Anfield periodically during his time.  Centenary stand was constructed in 92 for example.  This is simply an announcement about a similar redevelopment at some point in the future.  Bob the builder isn't turning up on Monday to start work like.

royhendo

« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2012, 03:50:16 pm »
There's no way you can see this as negative in my book - be fair, people.

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2012, 03:51:51 pm »
As you said Al the one group you know that will  be contributing fuck all towards any stadium will be FSG, not a fucken hope.

name me one European football club owner that has paid for a stadium out of his own pocket?
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2012, 03:53:18 pm »
Fantastic news.

As long as it doesn't end up the ' Coca Cola arena' or such.
I could live with a souless bowl being funded by sponsorship wedge, I'll be devastated if we no longer reside at Anfield.
That would be the ultimate corporate sell out. And I think would signal the end of the club as we knew it.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.