Author Topic: Announcement on Anfield redevelopment due Monday  (Read 82136 times)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Announcement on Anfield redevelopment due Monday
« Reply #480 on: October 14, 2012, 08:03:11 pm »
The FA Cup sponsored by

League Cup sponsored by?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: October 14, 2012, 08:04:11 pm »
Because the negativity has nothing to do with the stadium itself. It's about people's agendas.

I'm tempted to lock this until the announcement is actually made.

I'd say it was best to do so if I may venture an opinion. We have the stadium thread which covers the same thing but without the agendas and that should be enough for a rational discussion.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #482 on: October 14, 2012, 08:04:48 pm »
I've been surprised how selling off an old stadium name works, even for old stadiums.  Fans become more aware of the sponsor, sportscasters and news outlets and street signs have to use the new name;  It's a lot of name recognition for a brand seeking to expand into our fanbase and their markets.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #483 on: October 14, 2012, 08:07:19 pm »
Locked - let's see what the announcement actually says in the morning.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.