Author Topic: New images of stadium design and redevelopment rumours  (Read 201971 times)

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
Re: Anfield redevelopment
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2011, 04:31:08 pm »
Thats a pack of shit you cant ban away fans

Luton did way back when.
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2011, 04:31:16 pm »
Just for the record, i know it's all about increasing the size and getting more bums on seats and if we are brutally honest a shit load more corporate boxes/seats, but, I want to wowed, I don't want it to look like the mancs ground which is some shitty bad festering wart on an already dilapidated hovel; I want pazazz, I want flowing curves :P.....seriously though,  I want something we can be proud to look at not just walk around thinking well we can 60,000 in there now.
completely agree
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
Re: Just found new images of stadium design from 2010
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2011, 04:31:22 pm »
It's going to be smaller than the other stands if we redevelop Anfield. You can't go back any further because of the Walton Breck Road and the seat spacing is as tight already it possibly can be (before anyone mentions it, a steeper rake makes no difference). You might add a few thousand by filling the corners in and cantilevering over the road, but the only way to make it match the redeveloped stands in a 60,000 stadium would be to add another tier and then it's not the Kop anymore.

I don't think it's a big deal - the Kop is already smaller than the Centenary.

Yeah the road is why I can't see it happening. Maybe increasing the gradient? Can't see it happening to be honest.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2011, 04:31:39 pm »
That would lead to a ban on away fans for 3-4 years. Would that be allowed though?
More of tongue in cheek if am honest mate. Lovely thought tho' isn't it. ;D
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2011, 04:33:09 pm »
More of tongue in cheek if am honest mate. Lovely thought tho' isn't it. ;D

one can dream :P
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2011, 04:33:37 pm »
Luton did way back when.

the rules might have changed in the last 20 years like

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2011, 04:34:02 pm »
How the fuck can you claim to be a 'kopite' and not fucking know that?

Jesus wept.
I thought the first part of his name would have been a big fucking clue like.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline danny boy the red

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
  • Were going to Wembley!!!
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2011, 04:34:51 pm »
How the fuck can you claim to be a 'kopite' and not fucking know that?

Jesus wept.

Harsh.
http://twitter.com/thebig_sam

"Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a fucking Gremlin.

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. Fucking hell"

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2011, 04:35:41 pm »
completely agree
I'd like to think there would be someone on board with a more discerning eye rather than just someone trying to cram as many seats in as they can.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2011, 04:35:48 pm »
I don't want it to look like the mancs ground which is some shitty bad festering wart on an already dilapidated hovel; I want pazazz, I want flowing curves :P.....seriously though,  I want something we can be proud to look at not just walk around thinking well we can 60,000 in there now.

Really? I just want the extra capactiy. The fans maketh the stadium. And to be fair, OT is a proper footy stadium.
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2011, 04:36:39 pm »
Oooh yes there was.....

Were you there?

How did they get in?

"Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a fucking Gremlin.

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. Fucking hell"

Offline Lecter

• Better than Amazon and probably pays his taxes in full!
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2011, 04:37:17 pm »
What would be a realistic capacity tho,say another tier on the anny would ad 7-8 thousand,then i reckon after the main stands redeveloped you lookin at no more than 56,000 maybe.

62,000 to 63,000

Offline silver 5 star

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2011, 04:37:43 pm »
the rules might have changed in the last 20 years like

You can ban away support on safety grounds or police advice  - especially if you can't guarantee proper segregation.
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2011, 04:37:49 pm »
Were you there?

How did they get in?

Can remember a few getting in , seeing them on TV .
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline StuH

• Legacy Fan
  • Dalglish's marching army!
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2011, 04:38:52 pm »
Does anyone think they might make the 'new' Main Stand a three tier one like the one at Stamford Bridge? Maybe make it deeper too.

I know the last time I looked there were a few derelict houses in Lothair Road.... maybe the club is looking to expand by having one half of this street knocked down?

And of course this is the only way a new stand could be built to be deeper......
He's a manipulative bastard. Another deliberate attempt to put pressure on people in the game, which he thinks he'll get away with because of his "standing" in the game and his fucking knighthood.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2011, 04:39:52 pm »
What would be a realistic capacity tho,say another tier on the anny would ad 7-8 thousand,then i reckon after the main stands redeveloped you lookin at no more than 56,000 maybe.

The Upper Annie holds 3,000 at the moment. 7-8,000 is more than another tier.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2011, 04:39:54 pm »
Can remember a few getting in , seeing them on TV .

I remember Fowler celebrating  and it seemed like it was to our fans but I coudn't see them on the telly anyway.

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2011, 04:40:19 pm »
Am I the only one who's made up with this then,
No mate I'd be stoked if this was true. Have never wanted to leave Anfield, though I tried to persuade myself it was for the best, but fuck it this last year or so I've been silently hoping and praying that Fenway do a Fenway on us

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2011, 04:40:37 pm »
Really? I just want the extra capactiy. The fans maketh the stadium. And to be fair, OT is a proper footy stadium.
Naah mate, OT looks awful, it's a horrible looking carbuncle of a ground. Big doesn't always mean better.

I want our ground to look good as well. It's a scouse trait that, to look the best so I want ours to be the best. ;)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2011, 04:41:45 pm »
Yeah the road is why I can't see it happening. Maybe increasing the gradient? Can't see it happening to be honest.

Gradient makes no difference to capacity
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Coady

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2011, 04:42:49 pm »
No mate I'd be stoked if this was true. Have never wanted to leave Anfield, though I tried to persuade myself it was for the best, but fuck it this last year or so I've been silently hoping and praying that Fenway do a Fenway on us

When Fenway redeveloped the ball park I think they didn't increase the capacity by much. So it will be interesting to see if we do get 60k.
"When you hear the noise of the Bill Shankly boys,
We'll be coming down the road"

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2011, 04:43:23 pm »
Were you there?

How did they get in?
Not me but I go the game with a few lads who did. To be fair, they haven't missed a league game since the 70's so you could say they had to get in to keep the kettle boiling so to speak.

I did Luton tho' when they banned away fans, that was fun and freezing!

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2011, 04:44:22 pm »
Great news if it's true and the redevelopment is done properly this time.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2011, 04:44:26 pm »
Gradient makes no difference to capacity

I mean if you increased the gradient you can build it higher without getting into the road.

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2011, 04:44:54 pm »
Couldn't give a shit about it looking good, just so long as it's not a proper munter. The amount in there is more important I think and also means we dont have to leave Anfield which I would be made up about.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline coffeehead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2011, 04:45:22 pm »
When Fenway redeveloped the ball park I think they didn't increase the capacity by much. So it will be interesting to see if we do get 60k.
Actually that's a point that. Maybe they're planning to increase ticket prices substantially instead  :-\

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2011, 04:45:40 pm »
Naah mate, OT looks awful, it's a horrible looking carbuncle of a ground. Big doesn't always mean better.

I want our ground to look good as well. It's a scouse trait that, to look the best so I want ours to be the best. ;)

Haha, our front step used to be dazzling.

Seriously, I remember being wowed by that Hicks design but after a bit thinking it would look shit in a few years. I'd rather the ground held some of its tradition and intimidation factor rather than one of these new tacky bowl jobs. Saying that, I wouldn't mind a bit of leg room and a decent bar.
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline coffeehead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2011, 04:48:21 pm »
Saying that, I wouldn't mind a bit of leg room and a decent bar.
I'd prefer a  bar room and a bit of decent leg ;)

Offline ruairimacliam

• Gaydar User
  • Kopite
  • I am your father
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2011, 04:48:44 pm »
The most important thing is getting boxes into anfield. we will eventually end up with the anfield road and main stand mixed into the centenary. and leaving the kop.

reminds me a lot like croke park to be honest.

Irish Exile Red

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2011, 04:50:02 pm »
I will reserve judgement until the detail is announced.

The key is what capacity a redevelopmet will offer us in the short term, and what medium term potertial there is. If we can get up to 60,000, fine. If not the suspicion will be that FSG are a little lighter in the pocket, and shorter in vision, than some of us had hoped.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2011, 04:50:39 pm »
Had a feeling that this was going to happen. Great news if they start on it next season. If this is all true, you have to admit that the owners have played an absolute blinder since coming here.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline silver 5 star

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2011, 04:50:56 pm »
The most important thing is getting boxes into anfield. we will eventually end up with the anfield road and main stand mixed into the centenary. and leaving the kop.

reminds me a lot like croke park to be honest.

Dunno - I think to maximise capacity they might try to fill all the corners in somehow.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2011, 04:51:09 pm »
Not seen all the posts so I may be asking a repeated question: - Why is it that now we can expand Anfield. Years back we were told Anfield would only ever be able to be expanded to 55k and that's it. What's changed?
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline coffeehead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2011, 04:51:16 pm »

The key is what capacity a redevelopmet will offer us in the short term, and what medium term potertial there is. If we can get up to 60,000, fine. If not the suspicion will be that FSG are a little lighter in the pocket, and shorter in vision, than some of us had hoped.
Or higher in romantic sentiment and a sense of tradition

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2011, 04:51:36 pm »
I mean if you increased the gradient you can build it higher without getting into the road.
That would mean rebuilding the whole stand

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2011, 04:51:50 pm »

And that would make you happy, cause you could then say "told you so" & point back to all your snidey digging posts over the last 6 months :butt

Offline coffeehead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2011, 04:52:35 pm »
Not seen all the posts so I may be asking a repeated question: - Why is it that now we can expand Anfield. Years back we were told Anfield would only ever be able to be expanded to 55k and that's it. What's changed?
Parry left

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2011, 04:52:54 pm »
I'd be absolutely made up if we stayed, I just couldn't get used to coming to another stadium on a regular basis.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline silver 5 star

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2011, 04:53:03 pm »

Agreed. 60,000 should be the minimum capacity - the mancs are looking at expanding to 90,000 as well.

Offline garcia-alonso

• Kopite
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2011, 04:53:14 pm »

They are neither light in pocket nor short in vision. I can tell you that for a fact.