Author Topic: New images of stadium design and redevelopment rumours  (Read 201978 times)

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
Re: Anfield redevelopment
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2011, 03:27:07 pm »
As far as I know you must give at least a certain percentage of tickets to away fans at each game. I think Liverpool currently give more than that percentage, therefore getting a bigger percentage of tickets in away games.

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2011, 03:27:58 pm »
Think Arsenal may have banned fans to when they expanded Highbury, when they had that stupid bit of wood with the fans painted on, behing one of the goals.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline BobbyDavro

• can't skate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2011, 03:29:08 pm »
annie road - now 9k, say take to 16k - capacity goes to 52k
main road - now 12k, take to 20k - capacity goes to 60k.
that'd do....fill in the corners maybe...we don't need more.

Offline ronnnie yates

• Anny Roader
  • today we settle all family business.
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2011, 03:29:46 pm »
we were deffo band in the season that we drew with the mancs 2 2 ,

Offline LukeD

• Middle aged perv on the school bus. Can't cope with massively fat tongues.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2011, 03:29:59 pm »
It was obviously for different reasons but Luton banned away fans for a while following a game against Millwall didn't they?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 03:31:30 pm by LukeD »

Offline Jellies

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2011, 03:30:51 pm »
Think Arsenal may have banned fans to when they expanded Highbury, when they had that stupid bit of wood with the fans painted on, behing one of the goals.
That painting was still being louder than the Plastics though!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2011, 03:31:21 pm »
It obviously for different reasons but Luton banned away fans for a while didn't they?

The reason was that David Evans was a c*nt.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Scud02

• Legacy Fan
  • They call me Mr Fake
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2011, 03:32:26 pm »
I don't know about that but I've heard there's an announcement due soon.

How do you know this Alan?  :lickin
Spirit of Shankly Membership Number 4294, Reclaim the Kop!  The King's Men

Offline Jellies

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2011, 03:32:55 pm »
That could very well be exactly what they have in mind..

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2011, 03:33:05 pm »
I can remember Luton banned away fans when they were in the top flight in the 80s. They had a plastic pitch as well. The were rumours at one time that they wanted the opposition not to have a goalie but this wasnt confirmed.

Offline LukeD

• Middle aged perv on the school bus. Can't cope with massively fat tongues.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2011, 03:33:27 pm »
The reason was that David Evans was a c*nt.
Just Googled him and found out he was a Tory MP so that only helps back up your character reference!

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2011, 03:33:39 pm »

and when the main stand is being redone that would make capacity around 40k, which wont be too bad (with restrictions on away fans)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2011, 03:35:35 pm »
Im guessing planning permission would mean it would take longer then next season before the build would start.

Planning permission takes 8-12 weeks. The whole process will take longer as there will be a fair amount of consultation and design work to be done before the application goes in. I wouldn't be surprised if AFL are back on board. They have a lot of knowledge about Anfield amd the previous applications and were the architects for the Old Trafford expansion.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline andy in warrington

• ...wanking in the work bogs
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2011, 03:37:32 pm »
I hope the new Anfield Road stand is designed better than the fairly recent new Anfield Road stand.

Offline Sar75

• no common sents
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2011, 03:39:05 pm »
I really hope this is true. I hated the thought of leaving Anfield if honest. I know other teams have left, gone to new stadiums and managed but personally for me, the home of LFC should be Anfield.
To work hard and have our supporters behind us and believing until the end, you run a little bit more.
Rafa Benitez

Offline Bethany_LFC

• Anny Roader
  • Seconds away from Disaster...
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2011, 03:39:56 pm »
A 60,000 target is probably an initial development.

They would have further plans to expand on this in the future to at least 65,000 heading towards 70,000. Maybe more?

x

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2011, 03:41:47 pm »
I'm sure they've given no thought to that whatsoever.
:lmao
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2011, 03:42:25 pm »
Is Anny road the stand opposite the main stand?
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2011, 03:42:36 pm »

Main road? Main Stand redevelopment might not get us up to 60,000 as it's really tightly packed. If you rebuilt the Main Stand to match the Centenary it would reduce capacity by around a thousand. A 20,000 seater stand would be almost double the size of the Centenary and sitting at the back would make the top levels of St James Park feel like they are pitch side.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Coady

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2011, 03:45:08 pm »
Planning permission takes 8-12 weeks. The whole process will take longer as there will be a fair amount of consultation and design work to be done before the application goes in. I wouldn't be surprised if AFL are back on board. They have a lot of knowledge about Anfield amd the previous applications and were the architects for the Old Trafford expansion.

Thanks Alan.
"When you hear the noise of the Bill Shankly boys,
We'll be coming down the road"

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2011, 03:45:22 pm »
I would love us to stay at Anfield and develop the ground. I think there is scope to do it in the Main Stand and Anfield Road -  and also to fill in the corners. However, this latest development is pure speculation so I dont think there is any need to get carried away just yet.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline danny boy the red

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
  • Were going to Wembley!!!
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2011, 03:45:45 pm »
If this becomes official it's absolutely fantastic news, hated the thought of the new home getting renamed for sponsorship.

Regarding banning away fans, I remember when fowler cracked  i his two beauties for Cantona's comback game that time, there were no Liverpool fans present because of OT's  stadium redevelopment.

http://twitter.com/thebig_sam

"Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a fucking Gremlin.

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. Fucking hell"

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2011, 03:46:45 pm »
any extra capacity that might be got from the main stand would likely be in the corner with the road end, but then the road end would need complete redevelopment and done properly (like it should have been first time round).
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2011, 03:47:27 pm »
If this becomes official it's absolutely fantastic news, hated the thought of the new home getting renamed for sponsorship.

Regarding banning away fans, I remember when fowler cracked  i his two beauties for Cantona's comback game that time, there were no Liverpool fans present because of OT's  stadium redevelopment.

If I remember correctly there were a couple of hundred who managed to get in that day.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2011, 03:47:27 pm »
Am I the only one who's made up with this then, or is this old news and I've just not been keeping up. Would much prefer redevelopment over a new stadium, and it's happening fucking soon. After all the talk and no action this feels great.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2011, 03:48:01 pm »
I'm sure they've given no thought to that whatsoever.

Grade A n*b

Offline danny boy the red

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
  • Were going to Wembley!!!
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2011, 03:48:48 pm »
If I remember correctly there were a couple of hundred who managed to get in that day.

Really? 

But were away fans banned in theory?  ;)
http://twitter.com/thebig_sam

"Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a fucking Gremlin.

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. Fucking hell"

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2011, 03:50:11 pm »
any extra capacity that might be got from the main stand would likely be in the corner with the road end, but then the road end would need complete redevelopment and done properly (like it should have been first time round).

Which makes me think the rumours might be rubbish. Wasn't there complaints after the new Anny tier was built about it moving? It would just be like sticking a plaster on top of another. Got to be a rebuild, there's plenty of space behind now.
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline Coady

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2011, 04:03:28 pm »
Which makes me think the rumours might be rubbish. Wasn't there complaints after the new Anny tier was built about it moving? It would just be like sticking a plaster on top of another. Got to be a rebuild, there's plenty of space behind now.

Yep,

http://skipwhip.com/stadium.html

"The most recent change to Anfield came in 1998 when the new two-tier Anfield Road end was opened. The stand has however encountered a number of problems since its redevelopment. At the beginning of the 1999�2000 season a series of support poles and stanchions had to be brought in to give extra stability to the top tier of the stand. During Ronnie Moran's testimonial against Celtic many fans complained of movement of the top tier. "
"When you hear the noise of the Bill Shankly boys,
We'll be coming down the road"

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2011, 04:08:25 pm »
No, it's facing the Kop, behind the goal. You're thinking of the Centenary.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2011, 04:12:01 pm »

From the 'blog' (live4liverpool.com) about redevelopment I've just read I think those complaints may have been about 'right to light' but as the author says, those houses have now been demolished. 
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Just found new images of stadium design from 2010
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2011, 04:13:42 pm »
in size yes, but it's capacity is larger than any of the other stands, but that won't last if anfield is redeveloped.

I started looking at this and you could get a few more into the Kop but if it stays around say 13,000 then you're right it will be smaller than at least one of the other stands in capacity unless they reinstate standing. If the Centenary stays the same then you need to share 35,000 between the Main Stand and Anfield Road. Even if they build over Anfield Road to get a decent sized upper tier (3,000 at the moment) I can't see it getting more than 12,000 or so, leaving 20,000+ in a new Main Stand (and possible corner infills).

Those images are awful - I think there's scope for a 55,000 - 60,000 seater Anfield that isn't too unbalanced (like that awful early scheme) with 13,000 Kop, 12,000 Anfield Road, 15,000 Main and Centenary stands.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline mark82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2011, 04:14:10 pm »
Would not be in agreement with this, think it would be short sighted and possibly throwing money away.
Most people's reason for wanting to stay is an emotional one. Well two new stands from scatch, the Centenary basically rebuilt in 92, Kop demolished a couple of years later, basically meaning none of the stadium has even seen a league title, assuming the hallowed turf has been relaid a fair few times since too!

I hope whatever the decision is they are really open about the reasoning so people can actually see from what the decision was made. Can see a decision and a 'Liverpool Way' statement which would be upsetting for something as important as this.

Still don't think a decision has been made, would be a bit premature considering they have not finished testing the demand on the waiting list.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2011, 04:19:00 pm »
If the banning of away fans is true can we have a rotational redevelopment of each end, every year please.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2011, 04:20:33 pm »

Oooh yes there was.....
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2011, 04:23:02 pm »

How the fuck can you claim to be a 'kopite' and not fucking know that?

Jesus wept.
hi

Offline Gromit

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2011, 04:23:45 pm »
When the Annie Road end was redeveloped 10-12 years ago we didn't have any away fans in the ground.  Can vaguely remember seeing Leicester City I think scoring a winner (or equaliser) to complete silence.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2011, 04:24:24 pm »
can you ban away fans?? surely if we could other teams would do the same to us?

Man Utd did the season Cantona returned from suspension when OT went from 44 to 55k.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2011, 04:27:55 pm »
If the banning of away fans is true can we have a rotational redevelopment of each end, every year please.

That would lead to a ban on away fans for 3-4 years. Would that be allowed though?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2011, 04:29:19 pm »
Just for the record, i know it's all about increasing the size and getting more bums on seats and if we are brutally honest a shit load more corporate boxes/seats, but, I want to wowed, I don't want it to look like the mancs ground which is some shitty bad festering wart on an already dilapidated hovel; I want pazazz, I want flowing curves :P.....seriously though,  I want something we can be proud to look at not just walk around thinking well we can 60,000 in there now.