Author Topic: New images of stadium design and redevelopment rumours  (Read 201975 times)

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Anfield redevelopment
« Reply #120 on: March 26, 2011, 04:53:31 pm »
And that would make you happy, cause you could then say "told you so" & point back to all your snidey digging posts over the last 6 months :butt
Surely you mean 6 years?

;)

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #121 on: March 26, 2011, 04:54:19 pm »
very nice move. Can't see a sign saying "This is Adidas striped field".
I do not think they will be only increasing capacity. The whole idea is to get a stadium earning more revenue. Even if another 2000 odd boxes can be added properly thats a boost to revenue. I think they will get a 55-60K odd seats but with a different stadium plan. I am confident they will do a good job but lets wait for the announcement. Fcking big news if true.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
Re: Just found new images of stadium design from 2010
« Reply #122 on: March 26, 2011, 04:55:13 pm »
That would mean rebuilding the whole stand

Hence why I said I can't see it happening.

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #123 on: March 26, 2011, 04:56:00 pm »
Or higher in romantic sentiment and a sense of tradition

Like Preston..remember them?

This should be a solid business decision based on setting this club up for the next 100 years - not a sticking plaster job sold to supporters as "keeping our traditions".
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2011, 04:56:45 pm »
Parry left

Knew someone would say that as I typed lol
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline silver 5 star

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2011, 04:57:25 pm »
They are neither light in pocket nor short in vision. I can tell you that for a fact.

Explain.
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2011, 04:58:49 pm »
Agreed. 60,000 should be the minimum capacity - the mancs are looking at expanding to 90,000 as well.
They cannot fill 90K every week. On top of their debts this may well be their last season at this level. Will they remain as attractive as we have managed to even during our lean period? 45-50K yes but not 90K and they now have Manchester City to contend with.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline dobbouk

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2011, 04:58:55 pm »
remember the mancs banning away fans for the game where fowler tore them apart! wasn't that because of redevelopment?

Offline Luis Carroll

• Main Stander
« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2011, 04:59:12 pm »
I believe this is good news, both in terms of short and long term planning...

1. We do not have to wait 10-15 years for a new stadium.
2. The club can solely concentrate on increasing the Commercial Revenues, as there is still a largely untapped market out there.
3. Once we have got a strong Commercial Setup, which would make match day revenues redundant to a considerable extent we can go about building a new Stadium if the need arises, which would take at least another 15 years minimum.

All in all i reckon it is good news...

Offline coffeehead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2011, 04:59:34 pm »
Like Preston..remember them?

This should be a solid business decision based on setting this club up for the next 100 years - not a sticking plaster job sold to supporters as "keeping our traditions".
Well I won't argue with you. My wish to stay at Anfield comes totally from the heart not the head.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
Re: Just found new images of stadium design from 2010
« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2011, 05:00:31 pm »

Always wondered why the Kop was developed with staggered sectioning leading upto the centre? Why couldn’t the whole stand be squared off so to speak, this would obviously create an increased capacity? Also the kop is littered with too many block entrance/exit stairwells, again impacting on capacity. In addition I have never liked the large orange exposed piping and the fairly substantial gap between first row and pitch level. These may seem like minor gripes, but does anyone else think the kop could have been better designed?
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline ruairimacliam

• Gaydar User
  • Kopite
  • I am your father
« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2011, 05:00:39 pm »
Dunno - I think to maximise capacity they might try to fill all the corners in somehow.
Irish Exile Red

Offline silver 5 star

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2011, 05:02:23 pm »
They cannot fill 90K every week. On top of their debts this may well be their last season at this level. Will they remain as attractive as we have managed to even during our lean period? 45-50K yes but not 90K and they now have Manchester City to contend with.

I am sure they, like us, have a season ticket waiting list although I do know from some manc workmates that they have trouble shifting the tickets for the highest tier stand ( not sure of the name )

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2011, 05:03:04 pm »
mancs deffo banned away fans, anyone remember when fowler banged in 2 past them in the cantona comeback game?
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline imnotcomingback

• Kopite
« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2011, 05:03:34 pm »
How the fuck can you claim to be a 'kopite' and not fucking know that?

Jesus wept.
I kno you muppet. It's the stand where all the fields are.
YNWA

Offline greeny01

• Anny Roader
  • Number One is Carragher....
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2011, 05:03:40 pm »
When Fenway redeveloped the ball park I think they didn't increase the capacity by much. So it will be interesting to see if we do get 60k.

You would have to think that if they do redevelop then it has to 60K as a minimum, as we would need a significant increase in capacity (Match day revenue) to justify the cost of the redevelopment.  But what do I know...

Offline silver 5 star

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2011, 05:03:57 pm »

1. We do not have to wait 10-15 years for a new stadium.
2. The club can solely concentrate on increasing the Commercial Revenues, as there is still a largely untapped market out there.
3. Once we have got a strong Commercial Setup, which would make match day revenues redundant to a considerable extent we can go about building a new Stadium if the need arises, which would take at least another 15 years minimum.

Where are you getting 15 years from?

Offline coffeehead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2011, 05:04:15 pm »
Wander if it was the same gang responsibe for this, as I heard a rumour that the workers were actually scousers:-

http://nareds.blogspot.com/2005/07/red-faces-over-united-prank.html

:lmao

Offline mark82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2011, 05:04:34 pm »
Love all these made up if we stay comments, will be funny reading the new thread made after the redevelopment.

My money is on it being titled "Loyal fans getting screwed" or "Who's giving up their season ticket". Will be interesting to see how many of these emotional ties remain after the 50% + price increases in few years after redevelopment.

Who am I kidding though, surely all these people behind the redevelopment will stll pay though? Right?

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2011, 05:07:20 pm »
Wander if it was the same gang responsibe for this, as I heard a rumour that the workers were actually scousers:-

http://nareds.blogspot.com/2005/07/red-faces-over-united-prank.html
:lmao
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline wiresnreds

• Kopite
  • Internet Terrorist + Proud
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2011, 05:07:43 pm »
I am sure they, like us, have a season ticket waiting list although I do know from some manc workmates that they have trouble shifting the tickets for the highest tier stand ( not sure of the name )

My bro in law is a Manc and reckons there is no waiting list, he thinks if anyone wants one they can get one...

((No dissing me it aint my fault he is a shitty manc))
IIRC - If I Remember Correctly :( (Which i can never remember )

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2011, 05:09:03 pm »
When the Annie Road end was redeveloped 10-12 years ago we didn't have any away fans in the ground.  Can vaguely remember seeing Leicester City I think scoring a winner (or equaliser) to complete silence.

97-98 Leicester won 2-1 it was pretty grim and not having away fans made it as dead as a doornail

Offline coffeehead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2011, 05:10:00 pm »
Love all these made up if we stay comments, will be funny reading the new thread made after the redevelopment.

My money is on it being titled "Loyal fans getting screwed" or "Who's giving up their season ticket". Will be interesting to see how many of these emotional ties remain after the 50% + price increases in few years after redevelopment.

Who am I kidding though, surely all these people behind the redevelopment will stll pay though? Right?
Yeh well if you look ^^ you'll see I've already voiced that concern.

It's not an easy issue to have a completely clear position on. There's are so many pros and cons and potential gains and losses and regrets

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2011, 05:10:01 pm »
If they redevelop anfield they should definitely work on the corners of the ground. The corner of centenary and anfield road is daft, you sit side on overlooking anfield road.

I really wouldn't mind a redevelopment but I wonder what would happen to things like parking/roads etc. Its tricky getting to the ground without a further 10k cars.

Offline silver 5 star

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2011, 05:10:11 pm »
My bro in law is a Manc and reckons there is no waiting list, he thinks if anyone wants one they can get one...

((No dissing me it aint my fault he is a shitty manc))

Wonder how much of that is down to anti-glazer sentiment?

Offline mtred1984

• Doesn't rate Matt Jarvis' ability to source tickets. Wishes he lived in wonderful St Helens.
  • Kopite
« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2011, 05:11:07 pm »
When the kop was being built, there was drawings and possibilities to extend it. Wether they still exist in today's world with health and safety is another matter of course

Offline mark82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2011, 05:11:41 pm »

1. We do not have to wait 10-15 years for a new stadium. what the ????
2. The club can solely concentrate on increasing the Commercial Revenues, as there is still a largely untapped market out there. Yeah concentrate on one area. Brilliant. Eggs, one basket
3. Once we have got a strong Commercial Setup, which would make match day revenues redundant to a considerable extent we can go about building a new Stadium if the need arises, which would take at least another 15 years minimum. Why not look at increasing commercial revenue to pay for new stadium repayments

Offline Luis Carroll

• Main Stander
« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2011, 05:14:23 pm »

15 years in the first or the 2nd point?

Offline coffeehead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2011, 05:14:27 pm »
Why not look at increasing commercial revenue to pay for new stadium repayments
Cos that money would be better spent on the players and staff

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2011, 05:15:36 pm »
;)

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline mark82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2011, 05:16:40 pm »

See how much gets spent this summer before any increase in revenue, if you're not happy with our net spend then point taken.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2011, 05:16:40 pm »

Jesus wept.
:sad

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2011, 05:18:04 pm »
Nice one. FSG, you have been fucking boss so far fair play. 
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2011, 05:18:29 pm »

So if we move into a new stadium the price of tickets wont go up at all?.

Offline Luis Carroll

• Main Stander
« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2011, 05:19:02 pm »

Before i get hanged for making my points....

the 10-15 years mark is a reasonable, considering the fact there were doubts if Stanley Park would be ready if England hosted 2018 world cup...

with regards to my second point, considering how far behind we are with respect to the top 4 and Real Madrid/Barcelona, i expect a lot of catching up to do...

Offline Jellies

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2011, 05:20:40 pm »
I just want 4 sides with 1 tier in each. That's all.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #156 on: March 26, 2011, 05:20:45 pm »

Rick Parry is building it on his own whilst Moores is funding it!

Offline Dave Skywalker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2011, 05:21:11 pm »
Any news of plans to redevelop outside the ground?

Offline Razorblade

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2011, 05:21:26 pm »

Jesus wept.

Don't be a fucking knob.

Great news if true.

Offline mark82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2011, 05:23:19 pm »
So if we move into a new stadium the price of tickets wont go up at all?.

Nowhere near as much as if we stay.