Author Topic: Anfield naming rights worth £100m  (Read 192174 times)

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Anfield naming rights worth £100m
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2010, 10:00:30 am »
Carlsberg Arena or Adidas Stadium would not be so bad

Jesus wept.

Offline JoburgRed

• Anny Roader
  • Red forever
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2010, 10:26:23 am »
Ye imagine how we felt after Ellis Park was renamed.  As I said, at least its a brand new stadium
It's Gerrrraaaaaaarddddddddd......You beautyyyyy!

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2010, 10:29:50 am »
Ye imagine how we felt after Ellis Park was renamed.  As I said, at least its a brand new stadium

Yes mate.......we couldn't sleep here in Liverpool over that.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline hoobastanker

• Kopite
  • Ye dirty halien Ye
« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2010, 12:57:20 pm »
Wow, and I mean no disrespect to them, but they are really scraping the barrel if they have to use the German Reds official supporters’ club for quotes by disgruntled reds.

Exactly.
Xabi for Ireland

Offline the3rdman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2010, 01:03:06 pm »
The stadium naming rights are bound to be sold. It's a massive income and no owner is going to turn down 100 mill+ for doing nothing.

Personally, i think the building of a new stadium is pivotal in keeping us competitive on the field. We need the income. If naming rights get the stadium built then that is what we will have to do.

I hate the idea of not having anfield as a name but really dont think i hate it as much as being a mid table side watching the likes of arsenal, city, chelsea, manure, all with money and all pulling away from us.

Offline kingofleinster

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2010, 02:03:47 pm »
Holy crap

Imagine it was called "Cillit Bang ParK"  :no

Yikes

Offline Stanfo

• Sleeping with the Enemy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2010, 03:18:58 pm »
Anfield will cease to exist the day the last game is played there for me. Any new stadium will need a new identity and if a reputed company pays the going rate for such a global club then that is fine. For me the Kop ceased to exist in 1994 and to be honest I sit anywhere now where I only ever used to stand on the Kop. Times change.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2010, 03:53:13 pm »
Anfield will cease to exist the day the last game is played there for me. Any new stadium will need a new identity and if a reputed company pays the going rate for such a global club then that is fine. For me the Kop ceased to exist in 1994 and to be honest I sit anywhere now where I only ever used to stand on the Kop. Times change.

We all make our own choices mate , but I can't buy into that to be honest.
The Anfield I first went into hasn't existed for donkeys years....all 4 sides of the ground have been re-built.......it's still Anfield.

The new stadium will still be in Anfield and Liverpool F.C will still play there.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Tonyh

• Tony get the shots in (after 7pm)
  • Legacy Fan
  • .............is the final piece of the jigsaw!
« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2010, 04:01:04 pm »
Time we all grew up, it is the modern world - you dont buy trainers but Nike's, talk/email into from Blackberry and when we play Bolton we go to the Reebok.

As Stanfo says, when Anfield goes it will be in our memories and hearts forever. The new stadium will not be Anfield it will just be a building for many years until we have fantastic days, nights & memories there.

As long as the name is sensible, the financial contributions are just too big to ignore these days.
Let's also never forget the 39!

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2010, 04:16:20 pm »
Time we all grew up, it is the modern world - you dont buy trainers but Nike's, talk/email into from Blackberry and when we play Bolton we go to the Reebok.

As Stanfo says, when Anfield goes it will be in our memories and hearts forever. The new stadium will not be Anfield it will just be a building for many years until we have fantastic days, nights & memories there.

As long as the name is sensible, the financial contributions are just too big to ignore these days.

'As long as the name's sensible'........you don't get a choice. It can be as shitty as they want.
What does it matter anyway if the money's right?

I buy trainers that I like.....and I don't wear Nike.
I buy the wap phone I like........and don't call it a Blackberry if it isn't.
I go to The Reebok because that's what it's called.

If you think the same applies to Anfield then the situation is sadder than I thought.

Maybe we could re-name the team or change the colour of the kit and get even more money that way....it's the modern world after all.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 04:18:17 pm by shanklyboy »

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Tonyh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2010, 04:25:33 pm »
"Maybe we could re-name the team or change the colour of the kit and get even more money that way....it's the modern world after all"

We already do that every year, we change our away kit from silver to yellow to white, change our red shirt styles and sponsors so that those who buy shirts have to buy a new one every season to be up to date and show loyalty - whats the difference??

"As long as the name's sensible'........you don't get a choice. It can be as shitty as they want."

Of course we will have a say in what the name is, it is our stadium. That will clearly be part of any negotiations that take place with a company.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 04:28:05 pm by Tonyh »

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2010, 04:35:17 pm »
"Maybe we could re-name the team or change the colour of the kit and get even more money that way....it's the modern world after all"

We already do that every year, we change our away kit from silver to yellow to white, change our red shirt styles and sponsors so that those who buy shirts have to buy a new one every season to be up to date and show loyalty - whats the difference??

"As long as the name's sensible'........you don't get a choice. It can be as shitty as they want."

Of course we will have a say in what the name is, it is our stadium. That will clearly be part of any negotiations that take place with a company.

We don't change the colour of the home kit from Red though do we?
If someone wanted to pay us £100 million to wear their corporate colour instead....what's the difference?

How will YOU and Me have any say in the name?What part will WE play in the negotiations with any company?
The deal will be agreed..done and dusted..........then we'll find out what it's called.
If you don't like the name there's nothing you can do about it.........that's the point I'm sick to death of making.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline redraúl

• Main Stander
  • it was love at first sight.
    • coda
« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2010, 04:49:53 pm »
We don't change the colour of the home kit from Red though do we?
If someone wanted to pay us £100 million to wear their corporate colour instead....what's the difference?

How will YOU and Me have any say in the name?What part will WE play in the negotiations with any company?
The deal will be agreed..done and dusted..........then we'll find out what it's called.
If you don't like the name there's nothing you can do about it.........that's the point I'm sick to death of making.

right, agreed that if someone doesn't like the name then there's naught you can do about it. i'm not a huge fan of the management of the club right now, but i do think they're a savvy lot and know better than to keeping pissing us off. purslow's already said the company will have to share 'cultural values' with the club (and that's the hard part because i've no idea what our culture is now - it's liverpudlian but also very global.. we could just as much have santander as our sponsor as standard chartered) since it's easy to find one that'll write us a big cheque for naming rights. i just hope they'll find a name that works well and isn't too obviously corporate - the Adidas Stadium would not work as nicely as something with initials.. E.ON Park or whatever. Personally, I'd love BP to get involved (political issues aside) just so I can tell my kids (someday) that the BP in BP Park actually stands for Bob Paisley.

The ground was shaking 50 minutes before the game during the warm-up. At the end I felt like jumping in and celebrating with the fans. They are the best in the country by miles and I just hope they enjoy the final as much. It will be the proudest moment of my career when I lead these incredible men out in Istanbul." - Stevie G

Offline Styf

• Lyttle Fyngers
  • Anny Roader
  • You can't buy atmosphere
« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2010, 05:07:37 pm »
What makes you think Anfield will even be mentioned in the name?
How does the Virgin Atlantic Anfield arena sound?????  Heard this out the club several times today.

Not good in my opinion but Anfield will always be Anfield.
BOUNCEBACKABILITY

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2010, 05:30:01 pm »

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool FC is an institution not a business
« Reply #135 on: January 13, 2010, 06:28:55 pm »
Should of said its not necesserilly going to have Anfield in it or stadium or arena, all i was told that Virgin Atlantic/Virgin and now a serious contender as are some far eastern companies one of which is electronics, hitatchi/Sony, they are liking the Virgin project though.

I have thought about this alot today, if we are leaving Anfield it wont be Anfield, however it should still have the name there in some form.

Offline Tonyh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2010, 07:13:41 pm »
"How will YOU and Me have any say in the name?What part will WE play in the negotiations with any company?
If you don't like the name there's nothing you can do about it.........that's the point I'm sick to death of making."

Clearly we personally won't have a say in the same way that we don't over players, but when the Commerical Director is from Kirkdale and the MD is also a season ticket holder you have to hope and believe they will have our sensibilities in mind aswell.

Offline kirkyg

• Kopite
  • Why did Igor always look confused?
« Reply #137 on: January 14, 2010, 12:09:54 am »
Didn't our much loved owners promise not to sell the naming rights of the stadium or did i make that up?
He's big he's red he'll wack you in the head.....

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #138 on: January 14, 2010, 12:13:44 am »
You made it up.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline kirkyg

• Kopite
  • Why did Igor always look confused?
« Reply #139 on: January 14, 2010, 12:15:39 am »
He's big he's red he'll wack you in the head.....

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2010, 12:37:02 am »
Should of said its not necesserilly going to have Anfield in it or stadium or arena, all i was told that Virgin Atlantic/Virgin and now a serious contender as are some far eastern companies one of which is electronics, hitatchi/Sony, they are liking the Virgin project though.

I have thought about this alot today, if we are leaving Anfield it wont be Anfield, however it should still have the name there in some form.

Wouldnt be surprised if it is Sony because they sponsor the CL, and unless the stadium is sponsored by a CL sponsor, they will have to refer to it by its other name ie Ashburton Grove for the Emirates when in the CL.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2010, 01:35:14 am »

Clearly we personally won't have a say

That's all you needed to put mate.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Styf

• Lyttle Fyngers
  • Anny Roader
  • You can't buy atmosphere
« Reply #142 on: January 14, 2010, 03:20:37 pm »
Agree.
BOUNCEBACKABILITY

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #143 on: January 15, 2010, 09:12:29 am »
Holy crap

Imagine it was called "Cillit Bang ParK"  :no

Yikes
Bang! and the Dirk is gone!
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2010, 10:33:29 am »
The Virgin Atlantic Stadia.....

Christ...!
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2010, 10:38:18 am »
100-120 million...it would def. help pay for the stadium whilst the 80 million from standard chartered should be used to reduce the loan amount pronto!
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline hkkop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #146 on: January 15, 2010, 09:27:54 pm »
Wouldnt be surprised if it is Sony because they sponsor the CL, and unless the stadium is sponsored by a CL sponsor, they will have to refer to it by its other name ie Ashburton Grove for the Emirates when in the CL.

Ian Ayre went to Hong Kong a couple months back to reveal Standard Chatered as our shirt sponsor. He said one of the global electronic giant from the east just got beaten by a margin, given Samsung is Chelsea's shirt sponsor, I truly believe it was Sony.

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #147 on: January 15, 2010, 09:51:57 pm »
Ian Ayre went to Hong Kong a couple months back to reveal Standard Chatered as our shirt sponsor. He said one of the global electronic giant from the east just got beaten by a margin, given Samsung is Chelsea's shirt sponsor, I truly believe it was Sony.

wouldn't be allowed since they are a sponsor in the european cup, unless they are quitting that deal.  It's the reason why vodafone cancelled their deal with the mancs, they couldn't sponsor both.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: January 15, 2010, 10:09:54 pm »

@ eAyeAddio, your right, since I posted that in march I've seen In the June edition of World Soccer
that the Arsenal deal is in fact £100 million over 15 years, including the 8yr shirt sponsorship.
to be honest You've quoted me slightly out of context there mate, you left out the part where I point out that shirt sponsorship is included in the Arsenal deal, making the stadium sponsorship worth even less. The figures were wrong, this part you quoted was'nt though:

£10 million a year is what i'd hope is the minimum we ask for our New Stadium. A ten year deal for £100 million whether its a single sponsor or split between several partner companies.   

As Ive said on this thread and others, I would not want to see us sign any combined shirt/stadium sponsorship deal like Arsenal. Both should be treated as seperate revenue streams and negotiated seperatley. My preference would be for the Stadium to be named Anfield (frankly it would be marketing suicide to not continue with the Holy name), and for any stadium sponsorship to be split between maybe 5-6 Anfield partners. High profile companies that would benefit from their name being associated with the World famous name Anfield. Perhaps give them exclusive advertising within the Stadium, only their names on the inevitable electronic advertising boards and within the Club Media .tv, LFCTV, programme, magazine.

As a thought experiment let's just say we had 5 of these Anfield Partners each paying a minimum of £3 million a year over a 10 year deal = £150 million over 10 years= quite a wedge of the New stadium cost paid off and our home is called Anfield.

If they each paid £5 million a year for 10 years its £250 million.

Then a seperate shirt sponsorship deal with a different company. For this one i recon a club of our stature and global fanbase should look for a minimum of £10 million a year.

Maybe im way off on the kind of deals we could attract and their value, i'm no good with the finance stuff, maybe Tim would like to comment if the above scenario is realistic.

Anyway, My point stands,  the Dubains got value for money from their side of the deal, in my opinion the Arse had their pants pulled down, since Its apparently an even worse deal than I first thought. I would hope that whomever owns us can negotiate a far more impressive deal than  Arsenal's , our History, Tradition, until recently Our excellent public image as a modest, community club and global fanbase makes me think its not so unrealistic

That's an even more shite deal than I'd thought Tim mate. Thats £100 million combined as reported in World Soccer ?

£45 million over 15 years for Stadium sponsorship. @ £3m per annum  Shite to be honest, No ?
£55 million over 8 years for Shirt sponsorship @ £6.875m per annum.  Worse than our deal with Carlsberg ? Is that even Possible ?

At the time I'm sure I read  that that the deal with Emirates was £150 million, but you've obviously seen their club accounts and as I said I've since seen the 100mil in World Soccer.

When the Arsenal deal was penned with Emirates, it was a landmark deal given the circumstances. Cash up front to help pay for the stadium sacrificing annual shirt sponsorship cash for an x period of time.

It got the ball rolling as far as building the stadium was concerned, and when the Arsenal do finish paying off their loan, I can only imagine how much of a war chest they would have given the shirt sponsorships, stadium name rights and other cash sponsors they would have on top of season ticket sales.....

I just wish that was us I was talking about, and not Arsenal.

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: January 15, 2010, 10:17:49 pm »
how about McAnfield?

eh??
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2010, 10:32:20 pm »
The stadium naming rights are bound to be sold. It's a massive income and no owner is going to turn down 100 mill+ for doing nothing.

Personally, i think the building of a new stadium is pivotal in keeping us competitive on the field. We need the income. If naming rights get the stadium built then that is what we will have to do.

I hate the idea of not having anfield as a name but really dont think i hate it as much as being a mid table side watching the likes of arsenal, city, chelsea, the Mancs, all with money and all pulling away from us.

Very honest assessement and comment...!

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2010, 11:34:11 pm »
The new stadium (if there ever is one) should be named either the Bill Shankly Stadium or New Anfield.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2010, 02:07:57 am »
Its the way forward Im afraid , its horrible but we'll get used to it.
But Virgin ? Dunno about that.

I personally believe it will be an Asian Company - Toshiba or Panasonic , something along those lines.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2010, 04:43:34 am »
It should only be a Virgin Stand. Sought the men from the boys.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2010, 08:04:09 pm »

The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2010, 09:26:20 pm »
how about McAnfield?

eh??
The Purple Titan Vibrating Rabbit Stadium
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: January 16, 2010, 11:08:33 pm »
Official Purple Aki stadium......

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2010, 01:00:37 am »

Offline frosty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #158 on: January 21, 2010, 11:33:38 am »
why dont we as supporters pay for the naming rights. surely there are enough supporters globally to raise 100 million. Anfield forever

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2010, 02:22:24 pm »
why dont we as supporters pay for the naming rights. surely there are enough supporters globally to raise 100 million. Anfield forever

Easier said then done.