Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1923980 times)

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
Re: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab
« Reply #21240 on: July 1, 2023, 02:09:38 pm »
Did they make up that about Tonali?  ;D  The lad didn’t even want to set foot in the premier league.  He had to be forced out, can you imagine Liverpool even trying for a transfer like that?

When Szobo was linked with them, that was a real shame, I was arsed about that but not even vaguely arsed about Bellingham going to Real  ;D 

They’ve a reason to be annoyed too, because now they got CL and all the money in the world, and now LFC had a bad season and where in the Europa, they thought players would choose them above LFC. And what did happen was that Szobo actually refused to commit to them when they approached Leipzig. He waited and got his reward, signing for the legendary club he actually is well versed in, and signing for an inspirational coach who’s won it all.  And that’s been a rude wake up call for them, that sportswashers millions isn’t quite yet giving them the ultimate pull they thought it was.

:wellin
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #21241 on: July 1, 2023, 02:51:32 pm »
Newcastle fans are not taking the Szoboszlai stuff well. Lovely to see, apparently Tonali turned us down for CL and that’s the reason we went for Szoboszlai. Haha completely different players of course. :lmao :lmao

Haha! Course he did. ::) :lmao. Not seen one credible source link us to him. In fact, I haven't seen any source link us to him. We were never interested. ;D

Offline Macc77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #21242 on: July 1, 2023, 03:45:36 pm »
Local Geordie papers saying Toon's rivals are "spending big" now. Hmmm

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #21243 on: July 1, 2023, 03:46:49 pm »

Sunderland?  :lickin  ;D
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21244 on: July 1, 2023, 03:54:04 pm »
They deserve success

Offline glewis93

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #21245 on: July 1, 2023, 04:54:49 pm »
Haha! Course he did. ::) :lmao. Not seen one credible source link us to him. In fact, I haven't seen any source link us to him. We were never interested. ;D

There has been more reports that Tonali is upset at having to leave and being forced to sign for Newcastle than there is related to us being interested in him.  ;D

Whatever helps them sleep at night.
Long Live Lucas Leiva!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21246 on: July 1, 2023, 05:02:27 pm »
I'm still a bit baffled how any player can be forced out of a club to sign for a club he doesn't want to join.....especially in this day and age, I'm not just talking about this transfer.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21247 on: July 1, 2023, 05:37:15 pm »

I dont really keep up with Sunderland and Middlesborough.
Who have they been buying?

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #21248 on: July 1, 2023, 05:44:05 pm »
I dont really keep up with Sunderland and Middlesborough.
Who have they been buying?
I've heard that Hartlepool United have been busy fitting new nets for their goalposts.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21249 on: July 3, 2023, 10:09:12 pm »
Saw on Sky they've spent £300 million+ (net spend) in less than 2 years. Didn't know that. :wanker

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #21250 on: July 3, 2023, 10:13:50 pm »
Saw on Sky they've spent £300 million+ (net spend) in less than 2 years. Didn't know that. :wanker

Guimares, Isak, Gordon, Botman, now Tonali all arrived for big fees. But they also had the first lot of signings after being bought by the human rights abusers, that cost them around a 100 mill for players including Dan Burns, Chris Wood and Joe Willock, oh Trippier as well of course.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21251 on: July 3, 2023, 10:23:25 pm »

Blown away by Chelsea's spending so far but given they also look to be heavily linked with Saudi through their owner Clearlake Capital's ownership and backers,hard to know which club's Saudi #1 sportswashing project and which is #2.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21252 on: July 3, 2023, 10:37:39 pm »
Blown away by Chelsea's spending so far but given they also look to be heavily linked with Saudi through their owner Clearlake Capital's ownership and backers,hard to know which club's Saudi #1 sportswashing project and which is #2.
Guimares, Isak, Gordon, Botman, now Tonali all arrived for big fees. But they also had the first lot of signings after being bought by the human rights abusers, that cost them around a 100 mill for players including Dan Burns, Chris Wood and Joe Willock, oh Trippier as well of course.

Can see why Howe is so heavily praised ::)

They've only brought in £15 million in sales. Mad figures being bandied about. These lot, City, Chelsea. :wanker

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21253 on: July 4, 2023, 01:02:39 pm »
I've heard that Hartlepool United have been busy fitting new nets for their goalposts.
I'm surprised the Saudis haven't taken over Hartlepool, I mean there's nowt the good people of Hartlepool love more than a public hanging (if only Monkeys)  :D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21254 on: July 4, 2023, 01:14:35 pm »
They bought their way out of relegation season before last, but it was "astute purchases in the transfer market, and the tactical brilliance of Eddie Howe" that saved them, the press will spin anything when it's an English manager.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21255 on: July 5, 2023, 12:39:59 pm »
🚨 EXCLUSIVE: The Premier League is set to approve Newcastle's new £25m-a-year shirt sponsorship deal with PIF-owned company Sela.

It represents a 257% increase on the club's previous agreement with Fun88.

https://twitter.com/iPaperSport/status/1676512227233243136?s=20

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21256 on: July 5, 2023, 02:26:48 pm »
I don't think the value of the shirt deal is outrageous for a club that will now be in and around the Top 4 and more, it's more the fact those c*nts are funding the deal themselves.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21257 on: July 5, 2023, 02:29:06 pm »
🚨 EXCLUSIVE: The Premier League is set to approve Newcastle's new £25m-a-year shirt sponsorship deal with PIF-owned company Sela.

:lmao

Legally binding assurances though.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21258 on: July 5, 2023, 02:33:30 pm »
An we are supposed to have confidence the PL will do something about City. Game is done.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #21259 on: July 5, 2023, 02:37:27 pm »
How much are the shirt sponsors worth for the rest of the top teams?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21260 on: July 5, 2023, 02:59:13 pm »
I don't think the value of the shirt deal is outrageous for a club that will now be in and around the Top 4 and more, it's more the fact those c*nts are funding the deal themselves.

It isn’t at all outrgeaous, they are being ‘clever', it’s just the fact they can basically sponsor their own team so can add whatever value they want to the deal. The deal will be worth more and more as the seasons go on till no one gives a shit.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21261 on: July 5, 2023, 03:25:56 pm »
If it wasn't over the top then they could have gotten the money from elsewhere. But they haven't.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21262 on: July 5, 2023, 03:34:21 pm »
If it wasn't over the top then they could have gotten the money from elsewhere. But they haven't.

Yep,think the main deals will be PIF owned/controlled so they can adjust upward at will.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21263 on: July 5, 2023, 03:58:22 pm »

Great advertisement and sales will go through the roof for those shirts outside of Newcastle I'm sure ::)

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21264 on: July 5, 2023, 10:56:46 pm »

Were there other bidders? I’d be interested to see what non-Saudi companies were prepared to offer.

This was PIF negotiating with itself and plucking a number out of their arse, and the PL is fine with it.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #21265 on: July 5, 2023, 11:20:47 pm »
Apparently his favourite meal is Spuggie Bolognese.

With lords a duff. Canny
« Last Edit: July 5, 2023, 11:27:41 pm by vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21266 on: July 6, 2023, 04:32:02 am »
In case anyone can forget what an abhorrent regime owns Newcastle and funds Chelsea.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/ethiopia-saudi-yemen-border-killed-tortured

Ethiopian migrant workers are being systematically targeted and killed on a daily basis by Saudi security officials trying to deter people from crossing the Saudi-Yemen border.

According to a new report published today by the Mixed Migration Centre (MMC), an international network carrying out research and analysis on migration, the Ethiopians have been targeted by snipers and mortars.

Bram Frouws, the director of MMC, says the situation is ongoing and critical.

"Sexual abuse, including rape, is widespread," he told Middle East Eye.

"There is physical violence, torture, arbitrary detention - all speak of being shot at, with people dying around them at the northern border between Saudi Arabia and Yemen."

Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #21267 on: July 6, 2023, 06:46:51 am »
How much are the shirt sponsors worth for the rest of the top teams?

Not sure if these numbers are correct

Abu Dhabi: whatever numbers they want to put down
Liverpool: £50m
Mancs: £47.5m
Spurs: £40m
Arsenal: £40m
Chelsea: £40m
Saudi Arabia: £25
West Ham: £10m

Looks like they picked a number that was bang on between the big clubs (plus Abu Dhabi & Chelsea) and the lower sides so it doesn't look too suspicious so you get easily sporstwashed knobheads saying things like "I don't think it's outrageous for a team in the top 4"

Everton get £10m a year, there's yer base value for a team that's won fuck all since god was a lad but have occasionally qualified for Europe

Offline Bucko - Dubai

• Anny Roader
« Reply #21268 on: July 6, 2023, 08:16:26 am »

Looks like they picked a number that was bang on between the big clubs (plus Abu Dhabi & Chelsea) and the lower sides so it doesn't look too suspicious so you get easily sporstwashed knobheads saying things like "I don't think it's outrageous for a team in the top 4"

Everton get £10m a year, there's yer base value for a team that's won fuck all since god was a lad but have occasionally qualified for Europe

The shirt sponsor in isolation doesn't matter the value, they can just get additional sponsors for their socks/corner flags/lawnmower/toilet roll holders

Thats what City have done, on their partners page on their website there are 7/8 Abu Dhabi based sponsors which are obviously part of the chairmans link

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21269 on: July 6, 2023, 08:37:06 am »
The shirt sponsor in isolation doesn't matter the value, they can just get additional sponsors for their socks/corner flags/lawnmower/toilet roll holders

Thats what City have done, on their partners page on their website there are 7/8 Abu Dhabi based sponsors which are obviously part of the chairmans link
That’s why there can be no regulation of state owned clubs.
What ever financial rules are put in place, the likes of Abu Dhabi and Saudi will just instruct another of their state’s companies to sponsor the football club even more money.
The only solution is to ban state ownership. Whether that be direct ownership by the state, or any owners with links to the state such as being deputy prime minister and a prominent member of the ruling family.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21270 on: July 6, 2023, 10:24:01 am »

Leicester get £16 million a year and they won the League and Fa Cup, but the PL passes this over inflated deal. ::)

No doubt it will be doubled in 2 years time.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21271 on: July 6, 2023, 10:38:56 am »
Newcastle United Chairman.

For those of you who are not aware of who / what this c*nt is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasir_Al-Rumayyan

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21274 on: July 7, 2023, 09:09:43 am »

257% is outrageous. they haven't even kicked a ball in the CL yet.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21275 on: July 9, 2023, 07:34:52 am »

Just had a frustrating exchange about this with an American Newcastle fan, a decent fella and no fool. But his first response was to roll his eyes and say "wow, half of what Liverpool gets! ". When I said way to ignore the important details he said he was only talking about the shirt sponsorship (?). Then I explained that the important point was PIF funding both the club and its sponsorships, ie. Manchester City Mk.II, he just laughed at the idea that I should care about FFP with some deflecting nonsense about human rights. It's just interesting to see how normally intelligent fans will do anything to avoid acknowledging the obvious when their team is consumed by the sportswash machine.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #21276 on: July 9, 2023, 07:43:41 am »
Just had a frustrating exchange about this with an American Newcastle fan, a decent fella and no fool. But his first response was to roll his eyes and say "wow, half of what Liverpool gets! ". When I said way to ignore the important details he said he was only talking about the shirt sponsorship (?). Then I explained that the important point was PIF funding both the club and its sponsorships, ie. Manchester City Mk.II, he just laughed at the idea that I should care about FFP with some deflecting nonsense about human rights. It's just interesting to see how normally intelligent fans will do anything to avoid acknowledging the obvious when their team is consumed by the sportswash machine.

I have had this problem with fans of clubs that haven't been sportswashed either, the message is being distorted because of the impression that it is only amplified by fans of traditionally big clubs (i.e. Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United), therefore there is a great degree of suspicion when confronted by it as most fans think it's just general bias due to the big clubs losing out on silverware to the sportswashers. Essentially this disconnect only benefits the sportwashers, and unfortunately it's a natural consequence of the structure of the game in this country.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21277 on: July 9, 2023, 08:11:14 am »
It's been made out to be some kind of turf war between the old guard "traditional big clubs" and the "new money clubs" challenging their long established dominance.

It's how Manchester City has become Schrödinger's Football Club - at once, a plucky underdog minnow standing up to the big boys, whilst somehow also being more commercially successful than Real Fucking Madrid.

It's as if City and Newcastle have somehow become flag bearers for the fans of small clubs everywhere, finally sticking it to the "big" clubs.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #21278 on: July 9, 2023, 11:34:34 am »
The problem is the "fuck you mentality" a bit like Brexit, the fans of smaller clubs don't think there will ever be a better/fairer system where the big clubs don't always get richer and always take the best players from the smaller clubs, they don't think the sport washers are going to make things better for them but it will make it worse for the current big clubs.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #21279 on: July 9, 2023, 12:11:03 pm »
Theres been a big trial going on in Hartlepool the last couple of months. A whale washed up on the beach and It’s been on trial for being a KGB Operative. It was found guilty and is due to be hanged at Hartlepool beach.