Author Topic: General Everton Discussion Thread #theygothegame  (Read 831878 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: General Everton Discussion Thread
« Reply #10320 on: February 13, 2014, 11:52:57 am »
This, and that fans day thing in the park, when 15 odd people turned up, is reminiscent of the episode of Phoenix Nights when they have the fun day for the re-opening of the club. They'll have Martinez dressed up as Bobby The Blueberry next, getting his photo took with the fans before the game.

It's a shame they sold Fellaini, he'd have been ideal as the "20 foot cock and balls".

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #10321 on: February 13, 2014, 11:53:18 am »
The open top bus parade will drive them insane with months of depression.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10322 on: February 13, 2014, 11:57:55 am »
:lmao :lmao

He has a point. That Sturridge goal last night came from a hoof from our own half don'tchaknow.

Offline Dingle Red

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in the red and white kop
« Reply #10323 on: February 13, 2014, 11:59:04 am »
His name would be Dicky Piss, over here. How even more unlucky is that.
Haha Boss.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #10324 on: February 13, 2014, 12:15:54 pm »
Will their game and City's go ahead today(weather permitting) or another date?
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10325 on: February 13, 2014, 12:20:38 pm »
Will their game and City's go ahead today(weather permitting) or another date?

Won't be today. Will be a later date (further congestion for City).

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #10326 on: February 13, 2014, 12:25:40 pm »
Won't be today. Will be a later date (further congestion for City).

Thanks.
Just for the record, Premier League do have the same quota about postponed games being held the next day like other football federations have or not? It's just, as you said, match congestion that doesn't allow them in this case.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10327 on: February 13, 2014, 12:38:30 pm »
Thanks.
Just for the record, Premier League do have the same quota about postponed games being held the next day like other football federations have or not? It's just, as you said, match congestion that doesn't allow them in this case.

I can't ever remember that happening (UEFA Cup Final in the 70's possibly that was abandoned and then replayed the following night I think?). But in the modern era it doesn't happen - probably too difficult to sort out Policing etc. Plus in City's case they play on Saturdayso wouldn't want to be playing a game tonight too.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10328 on: February 13, 2014, 12:54:23 pm »
Their next match is away to Chelsea and if they lose and we win then thats them out the picture for fourth.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 12:56:56 pm by killer_heels »

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #10329 on: February 13, 2014, 01:00:59 pm »
I can't ever remember that happening (UEFA Cup Final in the 70's possibly that was abandoned and then replayed the following night I think?). But in the modern era it doesn't happen - probably too difficult to sort out Policing etc. Plus in City's case they play on Saturdayso wouldn't want to be playing a game tonight too.

Happened with Gala vs. Juve this year in the Champions League too when it started snowing in the 30th minute or so.

Perhaps different with European matches?
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10330 on: February 13, 2014, 01:05:12 pm »
Happened with Gala vs. Juve this year in the Champions League too when it started snowing in the 30th minute or so.

Perhaps different with European matches?

Guess so - Quite a trek from Turin to Istanbul so perhaps better to get it played while they were then rather than have to return at a later date?

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #10331 on: February 13, 2014, 01:06:18 pm »
Front page of Echo.....

Martinez: "We Can Handle Fixture Backlog"

Erm..........

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #10332 on: February 13, 2014, 01:19:23 pm »
Galatasaray-Juve happened this season due to the snow.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10333 on: February 13, 2014, 01:27:39 pm »
Galatasaray-Juve happened this season due to the snow.

"In the Premier League" he says, backtracking!

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #10334 on: February 13, 2014, 01:28:35 pm »
oh, carry on then. :P
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #10335 on: February 13, 2014, 02:08:43 pm »
"In the Premier League" he says, backtracking!
Probably would be different in European games due to travel, so special arrangements will be made. Remember seeing something a few years ago, think it was when we had a run of games against Arsenal in the cup and league and one got called off.  Talk of it being the next day. But I think the club have to give up to 10 days notice to the local authorities for the game to take place.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10336 on: February 13, 2014, 02:09:40 pm »
Wow. We will quite possibly be 11 ahead of them come Sunday week. I know they will have their game in hand, but 11 points ahead of them and it's goodbye.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10337 on: February 13, 2014, 02:11:57 pm »
Wow. We will quite possibly be 11 ahead of them come Sunday week. I know they will have their game in hand, but 11 points ahead of them and it's goodbye.

Let's not count our chickens. They could total football the hell out of Chelsea and our long ball/set piece game may not be effective against Swansea.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10338 on: February 13, 2014, 02:14:11 pm »
Let's not count our chickens. They could total football the hell out of Chelsea and our long ball/set piece game may not be effective against Swansea.

Fair enough, although I'm only saying it is a possibility :) .

I fancy us to beat Swansea regardless.

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10339 on: February 13, 2014, 02:23:17 pm »
If ever a forum post summed Everton up.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10340 on: February 13, 2014, 02:26:33 pm »
I laughed when I saw that his first name was Richard and his surname was Wee.

Dick Wee ;D

The folk in that part of the world put their Surname first don't they?

Wee Dick  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10341 on: February 13, 2014, 02:29:42 pm »

There was a few like that mate. Saw one saying they'd prefer us to finish 5th and them finish 17th as there is no difference between the two, as long as it means we're not getting 4th.

I don't want Everton to get CL football, but as long as we're above them, I wouldn't really be arsed if they did.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #10342 on: February 13, 2014, 02:33:30 pm »

Sums the shower of bitter bastards up to a tee, that.

Think I've mentioned it in here, but if you get the chance - ask a blue would they be happy to finish second in the league and have automatic qualification into the CL, the only thing is - Liverpool finish above them? Every blue I've asked has either said no they wouldn't and wouldn't want it, or refused to answer.

The odd blue has asked what if it was the other way around and we finished second. I told them I wouldn't be arsed, the only thing that matters is Liverpool. Their responce - I'm a liar. :lmao

Bitter bastards.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10343 on: February 13, 2014, 02:39:16 pm »
Fair enough, although I'm only saying it is a possibility :) .

I fancy us to beat Swansea regardless.

Yeah agreed. Honestly, I'm just taking this season one game at a time. A Champions League place is in our hands so I try not to worry about other results and a title tilt I still think would be extremely difficult and so I tend not to get too upset when the top three win (although it's great when they drop points and it's happened to each of them at least once over the past two games). We did what we needed to do yesterday (only just!) and if Everton want to keep up, they'll have to wait.

Saying that, they're doing well, three points ahead of Man Utd with a game in hand and a better goal difference, thanks to their legend David Moyes.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10344 on: February 13, 2014, 02:41:59 pm »
They are truly obsessed. They have to bring us in to every single thing. I've seen a few comments on Facebook pages about the Dick Piss story. They can't just acknowledge that their club have made a great gesture to a Malaysian fan (surely not a blue OOT?) and had to say stuff like "you'd never see the RS doing that. That's why we're the People's Club" etc etc.

It's a gash old team to support.....
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10345 on: February 13, 2014, 03:22:55 pm »
They are truly obsessed. They have to bring us in to every single thing. I've seen a few comments on Facebook pages about the Dick Piss story. They can't just acknowledge that their club have made a great gesture to a Malaysian fan (surely not a blue OOT?) and had to say stuff like "you'd never see the RS doing that. That's why we're the People's Club" etc etc.

It's a gash old team to support.....

You'd also never see the redshite struggling to sell tickets for a home premier league game "the people's club" indeed.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10346 on: February 13, 2014, 04:32:54 pm »

I don't like them but I do respect them.
And therein lies the difference between our fans.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10347 on: February 13, 2014, 04:39:09 pm »
His name would be Dicky Piss, over here. How even more unlucky is that.
Some of the things surrounding this club do give me a good laugh at times.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #10348 on: February 13, 2014, 04:57:40 pm »

Good fucking grief. Words can't describe how unbelievably fucking sad they are. Wanting their team to lose a league game against Chelsea in the hope it will stop us from winning the league. How about wanting YOUR OWN TEAM to do the best it possibly can and win every game they play eh lads?...

I'd laugh my head off if Chelsea did beat them, they missed out on Europe but, we still won the league. ;D

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #10349 on: February 13, 2014, 05:54:39 pm »

The usual drivel.

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #10350 on: February 13, 2014, 06:12:01 pm »
I think its generally accepted that their fans hate Liverpool MORE than they love Everton.

What a sad, pathetic and bitter bunch of losers.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10351 on: February 13, 2014, 06:20:45 pm »
Everton are a great club. The way they have got behind us in regards to Hillsborough I will never forget and I will always be grateful to them for that.

A large portion of their fanbase are a different kettle of fish altogether though. They are more focussed, more concerned about us. Hoping, wanting, praying that we fail. Rather then putting all their energy into wanting their club to achieve success.  They would happily see their club fail every season if it would guarantee us failing as well. Sad, Sad bastards.

They aren't worthy enough to support a club like Everton. They really, really aren't.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10352 on: February 13, 2014, 06:24:44 pm »
I wouldn't wish being a Everton fan on my worst enemy, and that goes for my enemies that are actual Everton fans.

Fuck knows if that even makes sense but you get the gist.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #10353 on: February 13, 2014, 06:28:35 pm »
Its understandable they are obsessed with us and want us to fail more than they want their own club to do well.

There is after all slim to no chance of them doing well, but a lot of the time in the last 20 years or so we have been sporadic in our success. So, for them there is more chance of us failing than them winning, ergo logic dictates they want us to lose, more than they want them to win.

Perfectly sensible.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10354 on: February 13, 2014, 07:00:47 pm »
Its understandable they are obsessed with us and want us to fail more than they want their own club to do well.

There is after all slim to no chance of them doing well, but a lot of the time in the last 20 years or so we have been sporadic in our success. So, for them there is more chance of us failing than them winning, ergo logic dictates they want us to lose, more than they want them to win.

Perfectly sensible.

I wouldn't call that being sensible mate. I'd call that being bitter. Which is exactly what most of them are.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10355 on: February 13, 2014, 08:29:44 pm »

how are they in competition with us for fans nationally???

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10356 on: February 13, 2014, 08:30:47 pm »
how are they in competition with us for fans nationally???

I think we all know the answer to that. They aren't.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #10357 on: February 13, 2014, 08:32:46 pm »
Can you imagine the moans and groans and the number of cats that were kicked last night in Blues houses everywhere (not that far) as Stevie coolly slooted away the pen.

Oh the joy. :)
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #10358 on: February 13, 2014, 08:36:00 pm »
Can you imagine the moans and groans and the number of cats that were kicked last night in Blues houses everywhere (not that far) as Stevie coolly slooted away the pen.

Oh the joy. :)
nah they were all to busy celebrating the fact that somewhere outside of county road had heard of the mongrel c*nts.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10359 on: February 13, 2014, 08:37:19 pm »
From GOTs liverpool thread:

Gave the only kopite i talk too and thats only coz he is a gardener at a house where I look after the lawns 3/1 at the start of the season (when it looked like Suarez was off) to finish top 4 he had 50quid on it. GUTTED, can ill afford that. Tough lesson learned as it is a double or even treble (with Suarez likely to stay on now) whammy.

:lmao