Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2897311 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Re: Mohamed Salah - FWA and PFA Player of the Year Signs New 5 Yr Deal
« Reply #14561 on: March 29, 2021, 08:41:14 pm »
What about Mo then guys, good isn't he :)

who?
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #14562 on: March 29, 2021, 08:42:13 pm »
fucks sake :no

I know, lad. Shocking behaviour by security there
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14563 on: March 29, 2021, 08:47:49 pm »
Where were they? Security must know kids are gonna be all over him. They worship him. He's a God to them. They've gotta protect Mo there. You can't blame the kids

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14564 on: March 29, 2021, 08:49:50 pm »
Where were they? Security must know kids are gonna be all over him. They worship him. He's a God to them. They've gotta protect Mo there. You can't blame the kids

He didn't just run off, either. Tried to keep distant, but took a selfie and chatted a bit.

I was cursing the risk, but admire the hell out of the man...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14565 on: March 29, 2021, 09:04:04 pm »
He didn't just run off, either. Tried to keep distant, but took a selfie and chatted a bit.

I was cursing the risk, but admire the hell out of the man...

He was trying to get off on his own. Not a bizzy in sight. He's got some cojones that man

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14566 on: March 29, 2021, 09:17:36 pm »
He was trying to get off on his own. Not a bizzy in sight. He's got some cojones that man

We should sell him and all. Because reasons...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14567 on: March 29, 2021, 09:19:27 pm »
Believe he has had issues with Egypt in the past over people walking around his hotel, being forced to meet Khadirov, image rights etc

This may re-ignite some of that

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14568 on: March 29, 2021, 10:59:55 pm »
Believe he has had issues with Egypt in the past over people walking around his hotel, being forced to meet Khadirov, image rights etc

This may re-ignite some of that
Good going! You saw a tiny potential negative straw and clutched it with all your might  ;D
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #14569 on: March 29, 2021, 11:08:08 pm »
anyone seen the article where Hackett has said Klopp should clamp down on Salah for going down too easy  :no, sorry I don't know how to upload it but it's unbelievable., actually it's not unbelievable just the same myth being brought up again, it's infuriating.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14570 on: March 29, 2021, 11:20:52 pm »
^ it’s infuriating. Most non-Liverpool fans must think he’s the biggest cheating-diver in premier league history because of the number of times he’s been singled out by pundits and ex-refs.
Mind boggling really when we see, week-in week-out, Mo strangled and straight-armed all match by defenders who fall over and get a free kick when they brush up against Salah.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 11:24:20 pm by kavah »

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14571 on: March 29, 2021, 11:24:23 pm »

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #14572 on: March 29, 2021, 11:24:35 pm »
^ it’s infuriating. Most non-Liverpool fans must think he’s the biggest cheating-diver in premier league history because of the number of times he’s been singled out by pundits and ex-refs.
Mind boggling really when we see week in week out Mo strangled and straight armed all match by defenders that get a free kick when they brush up against Salah.
yeah, he goes on to say, " I've seen him not get penalties that were" , wtf does he want him to do?

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14573 on: March 29, 2021, 11:43:24 pm »
https://twitter.com/DaveOCKOP/status/1376660362347622408

strange doing an interview with Marca

Great more of this 0 iq strategy from his moronic agent.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14574 on: March 30, 2021, 12:16:04 am »
Cue pages and pages of bedwetting
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14575 on: March 30, 2021, 01:35:09 am »
Good going! You saw a tiny potential negative straw and clutched it with all your might  ;D

Actually, I’d say it’s a pretty logical inference considering Salah’s concerns about the Egyptian FA are well documented and specifically noted recurring scenarios very similar to this one. But don’t let that get in the way of being a condescending c*nt as you seem to attempt on most threads.

Although perhaps wear glasses next time. May is very different to will or has  :)

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14576 on: March 30, 2021, 03:29:30 am »
Actually, I’d say it’s a pretty logical inference considering Salah’s concerns about the Egyptian FA are well documented and specifically noted recurring scenarios very similar to this one. But don’t let that get in the way of being a condescending c*nt as you seem to attempt on most threads.

Although perhaps wear glasses next time. May is very different to will or has  :)
:lmao

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #14577 on: March 30, 2021, 06:37:14 am »
anyone seen the article where Hackett has said Klopp should clamp down on Salah for going down too easy  :no, sorry I don't know how to upload it but it's unbelievable., actually it's not unbelievable just the same myth being brought up again, it's infuriating.

I wonder if he has the same "concern" about the likes of Kane, Rashford, Sterling, Calvin-Lewin, Grealish etc etc. Somehow, I doubt he will even mention them. Absolute pathetic article.  ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #14578 on: March 30, 2021, 06:50:59 am »
I wonder if he has the same "concern" about the likes of Kane, Rashford, Sterling, Calvin-Lewin, Grealish etc etc. Somehow, I doubt he will even mention them. Absolute pathetic article.  ::)
Nothing pathetic about the article, Jill. Salah is a diver. All the other examples you gave are clever players.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #14579 on: March 30, 2021, 09:05:42 am »
no mention of anyone else and then bringing up an incident from 3 years ago it's a joke and no other players called out for it.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #14580 on: March 30, 2021, 09:14:12 am »
I know he is adored around the world but fucking hell yer daft twat, engage your brain before throwing the lips on someone.

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14581 on: March 30, 2021, 09:20:31 am »
yeah, he goes on to say, " I've seen him not get penalties that were" , wtf does he want him to do?
It makes you wonder what the line of questioning was that brought it up in the first place. In my view Salah diving or going down too easily is not a conversation that can be had in isolation without looking at the Kane, Vardy, Grealish, Rashford et al diving.
It seems like Mo is a convenient lightening rod for the outrage caused by diving. The pundits have been seen to speak out against the nasty muslim man then its "as you were Sir Harry".

That second comment is an acceptance that the refs aren't doing their job properly and buying into the pundit driven agendas.

"So Keith, how do you ensure that referees judge the incident and not the reputation, which is often unfairly gained?"

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #14582 on: March 30, 2021, 09:34:42 am »
It makes you wonder what the line of questioning was that brought it up in the first place. In my view Salah diving or going down too easily is not a conversation that can be had in isolation without looking at the Kane, Vardy, Grealish, Rashford et al diving.
It seems like Mo is a convenient lightening rod for the outrage caused by diving. The pundits have been seen to speak out against the nasty muslim man then its "as you were Sir Harry".

That second comment is an acceptance that the refs aren't doing their job properly and buying into the pundit driven agendas.

"So Keith, how do you ensure that referees judge the incident and not the reputation, which is often unfairly gained?"
exactly. I'm not saying Salah has never went down easy but we watch him most weeks and know how he is getting a raw deal, there just seems to be an agenda when it comes to him and as you said this conversation should not be about one player.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14583 on: March 30, 2021, 10:09:39 am »
I can see why he would get singled out for criticism about diving

There is something about the way that he throws his head after contact, that is a givaway sign, that many other forwards don't do.  It is not that they are more honest, or that salah doesn't get rough treatment at times, but the way salah goes down sometimes (esp in the box) can make it look less of penalty than it actually is

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14584 on: March 30, 2021, 10:09:57 am »
https://twitter.com/DaveOCKOP/status/1376660362347622408

strange doing an interview with Marca
He barley ever does sit down interviews and then he does 2 sit down interviews with Spanish press on 2 international trips.

Especially braindead giving it to Madird mouthpiece Marca just before we play them.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #14585 on: March 30, 2021, 10:28:29 am »
He barley ever does sit down interviews and then he does 2 sit down interviews with Spanish press on 2 international trips.

Especially braindead giving it to Madird mouthpiece Marca just before we play them.

It's only braindead if you let it affect you.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #14586 on: March 30, 2021, 10:39:05 am »

There is something about the way that he throws his head after contact, that is a givaway sign, that many other forwards don't do.  It is not that they are more honest, or that salah doesn't get rough treatment at times, but the way salah goes down sometimes (esp in the box) can make it look less of penalty than it actually is
I agree that he's not very good at it alright, but my issue with it is that Hackett has influence and once something like this is said it sticks in people's minds, especially referees and that's why it's wrong to highlight one player when others get away with it week in week out.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14587 on: March 30, 2021, 10:48:30 am »
Surely not being very good at diving is actualy a sign of a more honest player? If he occasionally does it and he's rubbish at it then that suggests that he hasn't planned and practiced and trained to do it in a sly and smooth manner, but maybe just done it because he can see no other way of demonstrating that he is being fouled left, right and centre.

The really insidious stain on the game are those divers who are really good at it, who have practiced and become experts at it.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14588 on: March 30, 2021, 10:52:26 am »

I can too ;)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14589 on: March 30, 2021, 10:57:56 am »
I can too ;)
Yep, nothing to do with the way he throws his head about.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #14590 on: March 30, 2021, 11:01:50 am »
Surely not being very good at diving is actualy a sign of a more honest player? If he occasionally does it and he's rubbish at it then that suggests that he hasn't planned and practiced and trained to do it in a sly and smooth manner, but maybe just done it because he can see no other way of demonstrating that he is being fouled left, right and centre.

The really insidious stain on the game are those divers who are really good at it, who have practiced and become experts at it.

Exactly, you can tell the ones that practice it in training!

What seems very sinister is people like Hackett must surely be being approached to come out with this sort of shite, why else would he suddenly pipe up about it? Same as Clattenburg did recently too.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14591 on: March 30, 2021, 11:04:15 am »

Ha ha. That really says it all. He gets criticism because he's not good enough at diving. If he was better at it like Kane then nothing would be said.

Imagine if Mo had the call to initiate contact like some of the best divers do.

I actually agree that he sometimes throws his head, that's a different thing from diving though, and what it doesn't excuse is Mo getting thrown all over the place and getting nothing.

If refs were more inclined to ref the incident rather than the "reputation" and I use that term advisedly, then maybe he wouldn't feel the need to throw his head. Arguably by doing that he's making sure they see it, but the flip side is that it gives his critics ammunition.

I've often said, it's pretty much irrelevant whether he dives or not. All I want is that he gets the same treatment as everyone else.
So next time the head does go back, I'll be waiting for Carragher to praise his "clever play for "making sure the ref saw it".

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #14592 on: March 30, 2021, 11:11:22 am »
I know he is adored around the world but fucking hell yer daft twat, engage your brain before throwing the lips on someone.

Global pandemic? Anyone,

Bueller?
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #14593 on: March 30, 2021, 11:16:56 am »
Global pandemic? Anyone,

Bueller?
There look, getting manhandled again and still the ref gives nothing.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14594 on: March 30, 2021, 11:25:24 am »
There look, getting manhandled again and still the ref gives nothing.
Didn't throw his head back though.

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #14595 on: March 30, 2021, 11:27:48 am »

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #14596 on: March 30, 2021, 11:31:45 am »

Close. I think Salah is being singled out because of how he puts his head down on the grass after scoring. That's where he really stands out against the likes of Kane  ::)

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #14597 on: March 30, 2021, 11:37:22 am »
I agree that he's not very good at it alright, but my issue with it is that Hackett has influence and once something like this is said it sticks in people's minds, especially referees and that's why it's wrong to highlight one player when others get away with it week in week out.
Martin Skrtel says "Hi!"
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #14598 on: March 30, 2021, 11:42:52 am »

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #14599 on: March 30, 2021, 11:44:50 am »

Hoddle says being good at diving is "clever play."  Does me noodle in.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.