Poll

Predict Match Results (only one vote per fixture) UEFA CUP FINALS (CL & EL)

Win - S Germany Consortium
Draw - S Germany- Dutch Consortium
Win - Dutch Consortium
Win - Feyenoord
Draw - Feyenoord-Deportivo
Win - Deportivo La Coruna

Author Topic: RAWK Anonymous UEFA ECL & Europa Draft (Managers Thread) KNOCKOUTS - FINALS  (Read 56952 times)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Yes! Salah must have gone down as an all time great by now.

When we're doing these drafts from our care homes, he'll still be a great pick.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
You can't steal exempt players?  Or you can?

Still not clear on this.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Exactly...
cool with that. I knew I wasn't seeing things!

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Still not clear on this.
you can't steal players that are 'protected'. Top 7 teams can protect 2 players

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
you can't steal players that are 'protected'. Top 7 teams can protect 2 players

So you can steal exempt players?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
So you can steal exempt players?
You can not.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
English are heroes! Zanetti gone. Pirlo and Facchetti to go
« Last Edit: February 2, 2021, 01:29:56 pm by Lawnmowerman »

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
The exempt players are players who are considered One Club men. The protected players  are the players you are protecting aside from the exempt list.

Neither can be stolen from.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The exempt players are players who are considered One Club men. The protected players  are the players you are protecting aside from the exempt list.

Neither can be stolen from.
Not sure what's so confusing. It's clear and simple

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IxONNuJl6wA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IxONNuJl6wA</a>

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
I feel for Trend a little bit here, because it genuinely isn't at all tricky so far :D

The 8 'strongest' teams have literally given Trend a list of up to 5 players who they want to be ineligible for steals.

Trend has published that list.

The 8 'weakest' teams now go one at a time to steal players from the 8 'strongest' teams.

They can only steal players who have played most games for the club/consortium they're stealing from.

Plus...I'm pretty sure Trend is holding our hands through this process anyway!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I feel for Trend a little bit here, because it genuinely isn't at all tricky so far :D

The 8 'strongest' teams have literally given Trend a list of up to 5 players who they want to be ineligible for steals.

Trend has published that list.

The 8 'weakest' teams now go one at a time to steal players from the 8 'strongest' teams.

They can only steal players who have played most games for the club/consortium they're stealing from.

Plus...I'm pretty sure Trend is holding our hands through this process anyway!

Yeah, fantastic stuff Trend :thumbup
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Ta.  This is really convoluted.

The problem is that there are two categories of players for top clubs to protect:

Club Legends who have only played at their club - would be wrong to have some of these players stolen (Gerrard is LFC, Messi is Barca, Maldini is Milan).

However, not all the big clubs have these 1-club legends.  Such is life eh?

But for Steals to work or function --- the top ranked consortiums need to protect a few of their players (2) from the start

So, in terms of putting this together for you all -- my goal was to redistribute top heavy consortium talent without pissing off top heavy consortiums too much while also giving lower ranked consortiums some weapons to use against the big boys.

One of the problems of the World Cup anonymous draft was that people kind of knew already who was going to win in a broad sense. 

The thinking of Robinhood -- stealing from the rich to give to the poor is not appropriate either since there are many lower ranked consortiums that will be very very good.  The question is --- how much can the lower ranked consortiums stick it to the plans of the top 7?
« Last Edit: February 2, 2021, 01:42:38 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Appreciate the hard work, Trend, and it's probably my fault for rocking up late without reading through the threads.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Appreciate the hard work, Trend, and it's probably my fault for rocking up late without reading through the threads.

You are golden pony boy.  Glad to have you!

Cheers lads! This is picking up a little bit

« Last Edit: February 2, 2021, 01:51:32 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Glad to know I'm not the only one confused by all this.  ;D

It's alright Samie, just tell us all who you have again so we know who to vote for.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's alright Samie, just tell us all who you have again so we know who to vote for.

Even Samie isnt daft enough to try that again after the Holland debacle :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ahem, FYI

News Alert --------------------------------->  Ozan Kabak is now eligible for Steals (sorry NW Germany)

Happy Groundhogs Day!

With that joke I am going to take and hour breakfast break and come back and attack attack attack!

« Last Edit: February 2, 2021, 02:44:45 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Betty piloting you puppets and getting you to steal the players he wants them to is phenomenal work. Thought for sure I'd wake up to see Milan lose Shevchenko and Kaka and be completely unaffected by the loss.

Said from the start Milan would be favorites, and that was before I saw the total lack of players available to Madrid to lockdown. Gonna come down to a hipster Milan 90s Serie A team vs Barcelona I'm thinking.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I know Trend doesnt want any play acting yet.....but 100% Samie doesnt have the Milan one and pretty sure 100% Betty does :D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Hazel must have Real given Redondo is protected? :D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What makes you say that? Are you telling me I wouldn't protect THOSE 5 players of Milan?

Everyone would, wouldnt they?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I know Trend doesnt want any play acting yet.....but 100% Samie doesnt have the Milan one and pretty sure 100% Betty does :D

I think it’s beyond my control to stop speculation

So it’s all good from here just have to accept more work 👍🏼😂

If you know who’s who - let it begin but you only get 5 posts to guess other teams over the entire tourney use them wisely - except Claus he’s shot his wad yesterday -  Saquon esque
« Last Edit: February 2, 2021, 03:22:04 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah but you said I'm not Milan, How do you know I'm not?

Oh just way too obvious after Holland, which was clearly the best team and only lost because it was you! I actually have more respect for you than thinking you'd get the best side again and pull exactly the same trick :)

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Maldini, baresi, costacurta and bergomi isn't great offensively. It leaves Milan to go with little option but to have wingers up top and reduces their options formation wise. Unless of course they're drafts reese-mogg who can get away with a diamond in the middle and feck all attacking down the flanks.

Besides, he's begging people to take Pirlo!

• Legacy Fan
I am convinced that Hazell is in fact, Redondo.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Betty piloting you puppets and getting you to steal the players he wants them to is phenomenal work. Thought for sure I'd wake up to see Milan lose Shevchenko and Kaka and be completely unaffected by the loss.

Said from the start Milan would be favorites, and that was before I saw the total lack of players available to Madrid to lockdown. Gonna come down to a hipster Milan 90s Serie A team vs Barcelona I'm thinking.

Milan are sleepwalking to the final. Even Samie could pilot this lot. Not only do they have one of the biggest pool of players to pick from, but they also have 5 all-time greats who no-one can pinch. Imagine if Real were able to 100% keep both Ronaldos, Redondo, Roberto Carlos, and Hierro. Barca are also up there. Their attacking options are ridiculous. You could take out Ronaldinho, Laudrup, and Stoichkov and it would still barely even make a dent.

Bayern are my dark horses though. They've got a spine of Beckenbauer, Matthaus, and G. Muller. Someone needs to clip their wings next by taking away Robben and Ribery. Those two go and they're utterly screwed.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Breitner will go if Samie isn't a top 7 team, so obvious, but yeah Milan and Barca are the favs. Hopefully they face each other early in the knockout part of the tournament.

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

I've got my poker face on!

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Also just ftr, Betty is clearly Liverpool!! ;D talking about butchering teams and hasn't mentioned Liverpool, on a liverpool site with liverpool fans!! now you would think that team would be favs to have some players whipped from! especially given the ones who weren't protected!

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
VVD surely getting pilfered by the Dutch consortium.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Also just ftr, Betty is clearly Liverpool!! ;D talking about butchering teams and hasn't mentioned Liverpool, on a liverpool site with liverpool fans!! now you would think that team would be favs to have some players whipped from! especially given the ones who weren't protected!

Thanks for giving me an opening  ;)  Salah is already a killer blow IMO. Superb work by the Spanish. Who else have they got to play off the right now? I'd be taking out VVD next to leave them with a headache of who to draft in the 10s. Do they sacrifice Barnes for Mane? Emlyn for Robertson? Liverpool are hard to properly butcher though, as we all know and love so many of these players. They definitely can't be counted out. They don't have the same level of all-time greats as Barca or Real or Milan, but they do have our red tinted spectacles. They will always be contenders no matter who is stolen from them.

Since apparently if I don't mention a team to butcher I then become a prime suspect. I'll give my teake on all the other remaining teams...

Juve are in a peculiar position of having no real all-time great strikers in their pool of players. Inzaghi, Trezeguet, Charles? On the other hand they have ridiculous defensive options. My focus would be on taking out their best attacking midfielders and wingers - Del Piero, Nedved, Baggio. Two of them go and their in trouble.

Brazil are the trickiest. Honestly I haven't bothered looking at who they can even get to. But I'd probably go for their defenders or midfielders, because that's where they are bound to be weakest. Carlos Alberto should be prime suspect number one.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2021, 03:57:52 pm by Betty Blue »
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
hmmm interesting. They have one pick to get it right though

Just looked at Wiki, and according to that Suarez has the same caps for ajax and Liverpool. So if barca doesn't take him, which of them can pick him??

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
hmmm interesting. They have one pick to get it right though

Just looked at Wiki, and according to that Suarez has the same caps for ajax and Liverpool. So if barca doesn't take him, which of them can pick him??
Have to be careful with Wiki, sometimes only lists league appearances. Transfermarkt does a full break down for most players from the last 25 years - had to use it to check a few player's availability.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks for giving me an opening  ;)  Salah is already a killer blow IMO. Superb work by the Spanish. Who else have they got to play off the right now? I'd be taking out VVD next to leave them with a headache of who to draft in the 10s. Do they sacrifice Barnes for Mane? Emlyn for Robertson? Liverpool are hard to properly butcher though, as we all know and love so many of these players. They definitely can't be counted out. They don't have the same level of all-time greats as Barca or Real or Milan, but they do have our red tinted spectacles. They will always be contenders no matter who is stolen from them.

Since apparently if I don't mention a team to butcher I then become a prime suspect. I'll give my teake on all the other remaining teams...

Juve are in a peculiar position of having no real all-time great strikers in their pool of players. Inzaghi, Trezeguet, Charles? On the other hand they have ridiculous defensive options. My focus would be on taking out their best attacking midfielders and wingers - Del Piero, Nedved, Baggio. Two of them go and their in trouble.

Brazil are the trickiest. Honestly I haven't bothered looking at who they can even get to. But I'd probably go for their defenders or midfielders, because that's where they are bound to be weakest. Carlos Alberto should be prime suspect number one.
Liverpool go with a classic 4-4-2 and they'll get my love. They'll have plenty of options left and right of midfield

How many of those Juve players are available for the other italian cosortium?? the south one

Can't see anyone bothering with Brazil
« Last Edit: February 2, 2021, 04:05:48 pm by Lawnmowerman »

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Have to be careful with Wiki, sometimes only lists league appearances. Transfermarkt does a full break down for most players from the last 25 years - had to use it to check a few player's availability.

League appearances is usually the default in drafts, but Trend may have his own formula!

• Legacy Fan
Would be mental if Barca don't use Suarez.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
huh didn't know that

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
League appearances is usually the default in drafts, but Trend may have his own formula!
I was looking up a certain unnamed swashbuckling full back earlier - wiki had all his league appearances but nothing from Europe or domestic cups - which accounted for a further 80 odd apps to take his total beyond that of his appearances for another club.

If it's purely league though, fair enough. 
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Just because he might play alongside other Dutchies?