Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4016583 times)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
Re: For all the auld arses.
« Reply #400 on: October 5, 2008, 06:54:01 am »
Fuckinell, how'd you dig that up Shanks.
Just a shame they didn't have a picture of the auld bastard in his pomp.
I can see him now in me minds eye, about 5 times that size - him and his tasch, parading round the perimeter, with that fucking big silver topped cane tucked under he's arm.
Brought back great memories just seeing him.
Did you clock the next video down on the list... The Kop gets the chop.

And they call it progress, eh.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: October 5, 2008, 10:31:26 am »
I saw it by accident FS.
Walrus was certainly a scary bastard though.
3 of us got on the pitch out of The Kop once. You know what it was like.......going over the trenches in our droves.
As we got on the pitch and legged it, he just appeared. He looked about 12 foot.
I went to his right, one of the others went to his left and the other lad straight into him.

He got a whack over his head and that was it. No arrests or stewards giving it the big one.

I put The Kop one in the audio/video thread a while back.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Guaranga

• not happy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: October 5, 2008, 01:37:38 pm »
The Walrus  ;D He was a tough arl get him.Wasn't his theme tune the Laurel and Hardy one.Everyone whistling as he went pass.The Walrus walloped some heads.nice one for that.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: October 5, 2008, 06:58:24 pm »
I dreaded saying it for fear of being called a smart asre, but I got a right auld knock on the head off him when I ran on the pitch once. And I really dread saying this an all, fuck, I don't want to jonah it, but.... anyone getting the old glow back watching this season?

I want to go on, about grinding results and snatching wins, but I'm gonna shuut up in fear I'll jinx it.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #404 on: October 5, 2008, 08:19:23 pm »
Forgotten about the Walrus, thanks SB, great memory.

He seemed massive, especially in the winter when he had that long black coat on with the stick under his arm.

In reply to FS:  Yes I have. Started at the Boro game, but least said the better.  Spurs at home last game brings back at few memories as well, but will leave it until it happens...
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: October 5, 2008, 08:36:07 pm »
I dreaded saying it for fear of being called a smart asre, but I got a right auld knock on the head off him when I ran on the pitch once. And I really dread saying this an all, fuck, I don't want to jonah it, but.... anyone getting the old glow back watching this season?

I want to go on, about grinding results and snatching wins, but I'm gonna shuut up in fear I'll jinx it.
D'ya remember the fella Joey Sewell who attacked/Killed a Bizzie and when the Walrus done is usual lap of the Pitch,the Kop to a man sang "Joey Sewell is our King, is are our King,he Kills/Stabs Coppers,The Walrus was fuckin Fuming!!!!!!

Offline casey

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
    • HOME OF THE EXILED-SCOUSER
« Reply #406 on: October 5, 2008, 11:28:04 pm »
D'ya remember the fella Joey Sewell who attacked/Killed a Bizzie and when the Walrus done is usual lap of the Pitch,the Kop to a man sang "Joey Sewell is our King, is are our King,he Kills/Stabs Coppers,The Walrus was fuckin Fuming!!!!!!

I remember that, imagine if it happened now there would be a 40 page thread about neandathals and the like.  Happy memories this thread.
You won't get me flicking on a (football) phone in.  I'd rather listen to a game of chess on the radio.  Phone ins are a platform for idiots.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: October 5, 2008, 11:43:51 pm »
I remember singing it. But, looking back, that was Neanderthal of me.
I just went along with the crowd not really knowing what I was singing, and I hated bizzies then. But you know what, I wasn't 52 and I hadn't come across smack heads and crack heads.
so, give me the Walrus over them c*nts any day

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #408 on: October 6, 2008, 12:10:50 am »
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: October 6, 2008, 11:19:59 am »
:) http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dy9rw5G_zUA&NR=1
Enjoyed that vid....can remember when L'pool was only mentioned when  someone 'famous' had to go there to get the ship to the States etc. And the balloon....nowadays you would have blerts taking photos of it and getting its name on the back of their replica shirts....time I packed it in I think ..let the 'moderns' have it...I had one prik the other day arguing that a player getting a broken leg was a good thing or that one of our players doing his knee in was a blessing in disguise....I'll stick with my memories and just come on here to get  the streams I think..
The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: November 26, 2008, 11:44:45 pm »
About time this was resurected. Now where's our Lazirus. He's a very naughty boy

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: November 27, 2008, 12:53:43 am »
A third of the way into the season, and I think it's time some of the old fellas - Doc, Yorkie, Shanks, et all - appeared again and explained to the kids that nothing is won in the arse end of November.

Ignore the hype, even in the glory days, we had to fight right up to the end of May. It was never easy. We lost games. We went ahead. We lost our position at the top. But we clawed our way back up. It wasn't Fifa manager, Soccer AM, Sly Sports, Talk Shite. It was, well... it was sort of like this season.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: November 27, 2008, 12:56:33 am »
As I keep saying F.S....strap yourself in and enjoy the ride.
Fighting tooth and nail.....the supporters and the team, right to the end.
This is what it's all about.

We doooon't carry bottles............
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #413 on: November 27, 2008, 01:19:05 am »
A third of the way into the season, and I think it's time some of the old fellas - Doc, Yorkie, Shanks, et all - appeared again and explained to the kids that nothing is won in the arse end of November.

Ignore the hype, even in the glory days, we had to fight right up to the end of May. It was never easy. We lost games. We went ahead. We lost our position at the top. But we clawed our way back up. It wasn't Fifa manager, Soccer AM, Sly Sports, Talk Shite. It was, well... it was sort of like this season.
Fucking great to to see a bit of optimism on these boards from people who have been there through thick and thin. Posts like this restore my faith in my team and my fellow auld arse reds..

Put me in with the old fellas list you posted FS...

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: November 27, 2008, 01:35:04 am »
Fucking great to to see a bit of optimism on these boards from people who have been there through thick and thin. Posts like this restore my faith in my team and my fellow auld arse reds..

Put me in with the old fellas list you posted FS...
Sorry mate. Excuse me. I'm bevvied and on me way to keeling over. But...
Shanks, picks it up on the wing, knocks a long ball over. Bob chests it down and runs, knocks it sideways to Joe. Joe drops a shoulder, shimmies inside, puts it onto Kenny. Kenny twats it into the net. The celebrations are wild, too wild, turn the boat over. Graeme clutches for straws. Takes us all down. Roy turns it back over and tries to steady the boat. Can't. Ged steadies it but can't forward it.
Rafa... well, fuck the ramblings of a drunk... you just go head Senore Benitez  lad.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 01:38:09 am by FAT SCOUSER »

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: November 27, 2008, 02:01:22 am »
Sorry mate. Excuse me. I'm bevvied and on me way to keeling over. But...
Shanks, picks it up on the wing, knocks a long ball over. Bob chests it down and runs, knocks it sideways to Joe. Joe drops a shoulder, shimmies inside, puts it onto Kenny. Kenny twats it into the net. The celebrations are wild, too wild, turn the boat over. Graeme clutches for straws. Takes us all down. Roy turns it back over and tries to steady the boat. Can't. Ged steadies it but can't forward it.
Rafa... well, fuck the ramblings of a drunk... you just go head Senore Benitez  lad.

Have a swig of Fiery Jack and get yer head down lad.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: November 27, 2008, 09:26:07 am »

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #417 on: November 27, 2008, 09:35:33 am »
My uncle was telling me a few stories from back in his day, whe  he used to go the match with his two brothers and come back with scarves tied round their wrists and arms. They were taken from other fans they'd twatted :D

He told me of one memorable away when some guy thought it would be good to park his hot dog stand right were all the fans were coming out. Within ten minutes scouse hands were rifling through all his shite, nicking his hotdogs. When they were gone and people found out there was no scran they picked his cart up and tipped it up and just wrecked it. Poor sod.

And how they'd always fight over a milk crate to take in the boys pen to stand on.

Offline Kemlyn 28

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #418 on: November 27, 2008, 09:45:12 am »
If you don't remember this feller you shouldn't be in this thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg7ZGkGh3lI&feature=related
He doesn't look anywhere near as scary in that clip as he used to,amazing what a few years can do to you.
   I'd imagine Blackbeard is just as bad though,I can still feel the flat hander he gave me in the Road End in the Coventry league cup game,my jaw aches at the thought of it.He was a nasty bastard but it was better than getting nicked though.
   I remember erading that he went to a Liverpool do a couple of years ago now,loads of old scallies there but I believe they had a bit of a laugh with him though.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #419 on: November 27, 2008, 10:31:26 am »
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=poEJBEjnDjU&feature=related

And who remembers Plinkety Plink?

harry cross!  fuck me he was old then. 

nice thread to bump by the way - we need some of you fellas reminding us of old school values.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #420 on: November 27, 2008, 10:52:40 am »
He doesn't look anywhere near as scary in that clip as he used to,amazing what a few years can do to you.
   I'd imagine Blackbeard is just as bad though,I can still feel the flat hander he gave me in the Road End in the Coventry league cup game,my jaw aches at the thought of it.He was a nasty bastard but it was better than getting nicked though.
   I remember erading that he went to a Liverpool do a couple of years ago now,loads of old scallies there but I believe they had a bit of a laugh with him though.

I remember being right at the front of the Anny Road end (just behind the walkway that they kept clear) one freezing cold day in January; I was about twelve at the time. The crowd all swayed forward (yes, in the Anny Road end!) and I was pushed into the walkway and was instantly twatted right on my freezing cold big toe by the Walrus with that fuckin' big stick he always carried. I'm sure it's his fuckin fault that I've got gout. :no
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #421 on: November 27, 2008, 11:16:03 am »
Anyone remember Flatnose, Blackbeards mate? He was another c*nt whose hand I'd probably shake now if I met him.
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline Kemlyn 28

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: November 27, 2008, 11:59:30 am »
Anyone remember Flatnose, Blackbeards mate? He was another c*nt whose hand I'd probably shake now if I met him.
  Yes,he was an old mate of my arl fella's,I always used to have to hide from him whenever it kicked off in the road End!
  Did Blackbeard used to do Goodison as well?

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: November 27, 2008, 12:09:54 pm »
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=poEJBEjnDjU&feature=related

And who remembers Plinkety Plink?
The feller who used to busk in Bold Street?
For those that don't know he had a cardboard guitar with the strings drawn on it. He just used to make a 'plinkety plink' sound as he was strumming it.
I heard a story that one day he was entertaining a large crowd when he suddenly stopped and looked at his guitar.
He asked if anyone had a pencil he could borrow.
Someone gave him one and he proceeded to draw a line down his guitar.

"One of me strings snapped"....he told them!

I heard he got done for tax evasion!

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #424 on: November 27, 2008, 12:21:57 pm »

About time this was resurected.

Get the Werthers out lads.  The Auldies are back.

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline biddy

• Main Stander
  • We are Evil,We are Evil
« Reply #425 on: November 27, 2008, 12:24:21 pm »
Blackbeard went to both liverpool and everton games he didnt give a f***k who  he hit
if liverpool where playing away and i couldnt get there i used to go the street end and watch everton..Remember the street end had wooden  floors (great for the acoustics and stamping your feet) and opposing supporters only seperated by a line of bizzies and stewards.Remember they played Newcastle and there fans singing
Scousers are cool but geordies are cooolah
or
The liver birds are sluts
to which was returned with
The Likely lads are queer
Remember there fans wearing white coats (like lab coats) full of badges
dont have a go at me for watching the blue Shi** as in them days it was done

Offline Kemlyn 28

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: November 27, 2008, 12:28:44 pm »
Blackbeard went to both liverpool and everton games he didnt give a f***k who  he hit
if liverpool where playing away and i couldnt get there i used to go the street end and watch everton..Remember the street end had wooden  floors (great for the acoustics and stamping your feet) and opposing supporters only seperated by a line of bizzies and stewards.Remember they played Newcastle and there fans singing
Scousers are cool but geordies are cooolah
or
The liver birds are sluts
to which was returned with
The Likely lads are queer
Remember there fans wearing white coats (like lab coats) full of badges
dont have a go at me for watching the blue Shi** as in them days it was done
  I went myself a few times,usually it was a good laugh,particularly the day they lost 4-0 at home to Ipswich which was the same day that we won 5-3 at Norwich,loads of reds there that day as they were giving vouchers out for the derby.Loads of us outside the directors entrance after the game singing "Lee out"!

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #427 on: November 27, 2008, 12:37:56 pm »
Yeah I used to go there two with me blues mates sometimes. Was there once when United were beating them 5-1 and the blues fans were singing,"We want two" - gallows humour, even in those days.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline AndoNagasaki

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • the devil makes good use for these hands of mine
« Reply #428 on: November 27, 2008, 12:43:22 pm »
I quite like it in here.  A bit of senile reminiscing never did anyone any harm.   :wave
the trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin I keep sliding off to the side

Offline Retro Red

• Listen to this Man.
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #429 on: November 27, 2008, 12:50:17 pm »
Does anyone remember the FA cup game at Chelsea I think it was 1981-82, lost 2-0.
We got attacked from all over the ground. They came at us from the Shed, the main stand, everywhere. Even the fucking stewards were having a go. A bit scary that one, but we just about got out in one piece, although there were a lot of injuries, flying coins, stones etc, got to be one of the worst I saw.

Here you go mate:

I think you can see the stewards leaving the gates open on the top right hand corner of the first picture and down the front of the second.

Quote Chelsea steward to a 15 year old who wasn't supposed to be there: "Your fackin dead scarse"

Offline Retro Red

• Listen to this Man.
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #430 on: November 27, 2008, 01:35:06 pm »
Don't remember the Heysel T. shirts from Coventry, but I do remember one year we had to take our shoes / boots off  at Highfield Rd ( the little terrace behind the goal )

Nobody seems to remember that either, but I swear it was true !

I think I remember them, yellow with red writing, something like "scapegoats get extradited and nazis don't"? I think the lads tried to have a bucket collection outside the ground for the extradited lads families and got a bit of a bad time.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: November 27, 2008, 01:56:12 pm »

Here you go mate:

I think you can see the stewards leaving the gates open on the top right hand corner of the first picture and down the front of the second.

Quote Chelsea steward to a 15 year old who wasn't supposed to be there: "Your fackin dead scarse"

I was at that.
The following day the team I played for had a big cup game and it had to be postponed as 8 out of the 12 players were arrested at the game.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: November 27, 2008, 02:00:47 pm »
Don't remember the Heysel T. shirts from Coventry, but I do remember one year we had to take our shoes / boots off  at Highfield Rd ( the little terrace behind the goal )

Nobody seems to remember that either, but I swear it was true !

A bit like this?

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: November 27, 2008, 04:09:44 pm »

Hannibal with a young lad and a distinct lack of a big bag of sweets........you are one disturbed individual.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #434 on: November 27, 2008, 04:14:53 pm »

I quite like it in here.  A bit of senile reminiscing never did anyone any harm.   :wave

The stories are good.

I think I remember them, yellow with red writing, something like "scapegoats get extradited and nazis don't"? I think the lads tried to have a bucket collection outside the ground for the extradited lads families and got a bit of a bad time.

Thank fuck for that.

Heysel 26 ( 25 ??? ) innocent .

LFC Fans extradietd Nazi's are not.

Hannibal with a young lad and a distinct lack of a big bag of sweets........you are one disturbed individual.

Fuck me that's scary.

Anyhow auldies.

What happened at Chelsea?   As long as they got a pasting I'll be happy. Was to busy reading me Roy Of The Rovers back then.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: November 27, 2008, 05:31:03 pm »
What happened at Chelsea?   As long as they got a pasting I'll be happy. Was to busy reading me Roy Of The Rovers back then.

Something like this

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: November 27, 2008, 08:42:25 pm »
Oh no. Dirty, disgusting, white Daily Mail reading Kopite on the loose. Get shut of him sharpish.  Tatty bye Missus. Tatty Bye

(How long until this is shut down?)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: November 27, 2008, 09:20:14 pm »
Flemings

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #438 on: November 27, 2008, 11:11:28 pm »
Nice to come back in here for a while to read some good stuff. Pissed off with all the negative shite on the other threads  from the whoppers, daytrippers and OOT haters. They're all as bad as each other. I wish we could put them all in a fucking tardis and take them back to the seventies, teach them some manners and traditions  ;D

Offline biddy

• Main Stander
  • We are Evil,We are Evil
« Reply #439 on: November 28, 2008, 12:02:50 am »
pringle(not the crisps)
farah
jumbo cords
harrington jacket
mamba samba
flemings used to be advetised in the proggy
monkey boots if you couldnt afford airware