Author Topic: Virgil Van Dijk (Cpt)  (Read 1459518 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Virgil Van Dijk - IS BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER!!!
« Reply #9760 on: September 29, 2021, 04:19:08 pm »
Did you come back as the best CB in the world though?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9761 on: September 29, 2021, 04:30:14 pm »
Feel the thread title is not accurate at present, it’s great having the best defender in the world back but he’s not looked as assured as previous, understandable given what he’s coming back from. Overreacting here but I’d love to see Matip and Konate start on Sunday.

Are you having a laugh? There is no way he is not starting on Sunday.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9762 on: September 29, 2021, 04:35:45 pm »

I am sure they at least changed the thread title for you on Bangor FC forums.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9763 on: September 29, 2021, 04:48:03 pm »
Oh dear. Whilst we’re at it I think VVD needs resting for his own good. Dias has overtaken him as the best CB in the world and it would be really bad for Virgils confidence if Dias comes out on top on Sunday. Maybe a holiday to Dubai to get in some warm weather training will help.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9764 on: September 29, 2021, 05:07:51 pm »
His running form looks to have changed slightly? First time we saw him full pelt vs Toney, did well but something I noticed.

Some of the spring looks to have gone in the air too. Understandable given the injury - hopefully he can build it all back up again. What an utter bastard Pickford is.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9765 on: September 29, 2021, 05:17:36 pm »
His running form looks to have changed slightly? First time we saw him full pelt vs Toney, did well but something I noticed.

Some of the spring looks to have gone in the air too. Understandable given the injury - hopefully he can build it all back up again. What an utter bastard Pickford is.

He caught up to Toney really well and he is still winning the majority of his headers. Whatever adjustments he has made, its not affecting the outcome.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9766 on: September 29, 2021, 05:34:09 pm »

Some of the spring looks to have gone in the air too.

Noticed that for Porto's goal last night
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9767 on: September 29, 2021, 05:44:54 pm »
Dickheads, he's not operating anywhere near 100% and yet he's still better than majority of defenders currently playing today.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9768 on: September 29, 2021, 05:45:51 pm »

Agreed. I think we should sell him next summer. Your thoughts?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9769 on: September 29, 2021, 06:32:57 pm »
Agreed. I think we should sell him next summer. Your thoughts?

Next summer? Bomb him into the reserves to let him prove himself and if he hasn't by Jan release him.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9770 on: September 29, 2021, 06:43:45 pm »
Noticed that for Porto's goal last night

He was already making a step forward when the ball was crossed, in other words, it was difficult for him to get off the ground as much, in that position opposed to if he was standing regularly, he was already in motion so he couldn't have leaped any higher.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9771 on: September 29, 2021, 07:58:36 pm »
Could it be that his performances are being over-analysed to spot any deterioration in his game? Look for something hard enough and you'll find it (or you'll convince yourself you've found it, at least).
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9772 on: September 29, 2021, 07:59:48 pm »
Could it be that his performances are being over-analysed to spot any deterioration in his game? Look for something hard enough and you'll find it (or you'll convince yourself you've found it, at least).

Definitely.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9773 on: September 29, 2021, 08:00:59 pm »
Happens to every other player so yes, I would say so
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9774 on: September 29, 2021, 08:32:22 pm »

Not noticed this myself but I'm not sure whether it was Welshred or someone else who said that ACL reconstruction can affect a persons ability to generate spring (like they used to pre ACL injury) when jumping.

Offline vegasred23

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #9775 on: September 29, 2021, 08:43:58 pm »
This place is a goddamned looney bin sometimes.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9776 on: September 29, 2021, 09:13:29 pm »
So, according to most of the player threads in here, our players are a bit shit!

Yet, we are top of the league and have a 100% record in the CL.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #9777 on: September 29, 2021, 09:19:56 pm »
So, according to most of the player threads in here, our players are a bit shit!

Yet, we are top of the league and have a 100% record in the CL.

Crazy ain't it!

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #9778 on: September 29, 2021, 11:16:39 pm »

Confirmation bias.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9779 on: September 29, 2021, 11:44:46 pm »
Virgil is done. He has lost a few steps. He has also lost the spring in his steps. Can’t jump as high as before. He might have lost a couple inches too post surgery …

Some of us here are bonafide dickheads! I just don’t understand people who likes to look for problem when there is none to look for in the first place

Virgil not starting against City? Seriously …
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 06:35:51 am by MNAA »
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #9780 on: September 29, 2021, 11:48:50 pm »
If he was a horse i'd shoot him

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9781 on: September 30, 2021, 12:00:56 am »

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9782 on: September 30, 2021, 12:16:02 am »
I think he's due to score one of those headers. 

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9783 on: September 30, 2021, 05:22:25 am »
The day thread titles on a fan site are required to be in alignment with the more negative ongoing assessments of a player is the day fandom finally eats itself.

Next you'll be telling me that we need to change player songs because Mo isn't technically a constitutionally accepted monarch of an African nation and statistics show that giving the ball to Bobby does not result in a net increase in goals scored on each and every single occasion

Hahaha I wasn’t actually suggesting a thread title, just using it as another way to try to say what another poster has as 70% of the Full Van Dijk. Which is completely natural given what he’s coming back from.  And just my opinion, which I couple with I’d love to see Konate Sunday
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9784 on: September 30, 2021, 06:38:10 am »
Some of the reactions are insane. Yes, obviously he isn't at the level he was before injury. He has just spent a year on the sidelines and that is to be expected. He is still the best defender in the world and I don't think I have seen anything suggesting a real physical decline as opposite an occasional lack of sharpness. Even at his current level, I'm convinced that he is by far and away the best CB in the world. The dude is a genuine phenomenon. As far as his knees go, nothing a bit of bonjela cannot fix anyway.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #9785 on: September 30, 2021, 08:00:09 am »
Is it me or does he not shout as loud now? I know people often use their knees to really get their voice booming, so could be from the injury.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #9786 on: September 30, 2021, 09:28:26 am »
Is it me or does he not shout as loud now? I know people often use their knees to really get their voice booming, so could be from the injury.

I've also noticed that his ability to point is also curtailed, probably because his kneebone is connected to his thigh bone, his thigh bone is connected to his back bone and through to his elbow.

Hence he can no longer point as well as pre injury.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9787 on: September 30, 2021, 09:45:49 am »
I've also noticed that his ability to point is also curtailed, probably because his kneebone is connected to his thigh bone, his thigh bone is connected to his back bone and through to his elbow.

Good observation. It would also explain why he hasn't been running his hands over his hair as regularly as before the injury. Hopefully we see more of that in the coming weeks.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9788 on: September 30, 2021, 10:46:30 am »

Looks like he is losing weight too, must be struggling to feed himself.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9789 on: September 30, 2021, 11:04:05 am »

Lacks the required bounce to reach the cupboards at home.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #9790 on: September 30, 2021, 12:03:52 pm »
His shoulders aren't lifting as much when he shrugs "who cares".
I think the medical team saw all these problems, hence why we bought Ben Davies in to replace him.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9791 on: September 30, 2021, 12:13:03 pm »
Some of the reactions are insane. Yes, obviously he isn't at the level he was before injury. He has just spent a year on the sidelines and that is to be expected. He is still the best defender in the world and I don't think I have seen anything suggesting a real physical decline as opposite an occasional lack of sharpness. Even at his current level, I'm convinced that he is by far and away the best CB in the world. The dude is a genuine phenomenon. As far as his knees go, nothing a bit of bonjela cannot fix anyway.
Some good pisstakes too mind.  ;D

There's always bound to be a process of getting up to speed, part of that will also be him learning to trust his body again fully.
Laughable they way some will look deeply for signs of decline and then catastrophise it.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9792 on: September 30, 2021, 12:23:07 pm »
Even if you don't think he's at his best. Which is obviously entirely natural

On what planet does dropping him for a Konate that's new to the league or a Gomez that is also back from injury to come in against City make sense

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #9793 on: September 30, 2021, 12:26:06 pm »

Pickforditis is a grim and terrible disease.
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9794 on: September 30, 2021, 06:49:06 pm »
Pickforditis is a grim and terrible disease.
Really? I was told it was armless
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9795 on: September 30, 2021, 07:23:46 pm »
Really? I was told it was armless

It's aimless too. You just start kicking the ball into the stands.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9796 on: October 1, 2021, 03:01:51 pm »
Virg got his statue at Madame Tussauds Amsterdam.  ;D

https://twitter.com/VirgilvDijk/status/1443914329905111074

Online RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9797 on: October 2, 2021, 06:30:25 am »
Interesting they've done him in red, not orange.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9798 on: October 2, 2021, 10:41:41 am »
Thought FSG’s cloning programme had finally come to fruition for a minute.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9799 on: October 2, 2021, 02:02:44 pm »
How long have you been heading FSG's Virgil Cloning Programme mate?