Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2930592 times)

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Reply #30040 on: April 28, 2024, 09:00:19 am »
He’s been one of the best players the club has ever had, he’s been here for 7 years and in that time barely put a foot wrong.

He obviously shouldn’t have done it and he’ll eventually realise that and apologise him sure.

No need to overreact and make that it’s bigger than it is.

I take the point about him being brilliant and exemplary for the best part of 7 years. I still don't think I'm overreacting though.

Maybe it's partly because this is coming off the back of 6 weeks of seriously disappointing form where he's disappeared when we needed him most. That part is forgiveable, after everything he's given us. But to have had that terrible run and then react like this to it is hard for me to accept. I think it's beneath him.

I've said before, eventually it'll probably only be the good times that are remembered with Mo and not this period, but I'm still extremely disappointed in him right now.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 09:03:16 am by decosabute »

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #30041 on: April 28, 2024, 09:04:35 am »
Who cares about any of this? An angry exchange between a player and manager at a critical moment is nothing to get het up about. Happens all the time, it's jusrt the media that want a big song and dance about it, because this is how they make a living, as gossip mongerers.

Ignore it all I say.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #30042 on: April 28, 2024, 09:08:36 am »
Hasn't Salah always this side to him? He's been subbed in games in his so called peak with his lip on.

He has, but we'd usually win the game and Klopp would laugh it off so it was never a big deal. In his 7 years here Salah has rarely been taken off when we need a goal until recently (he'd come off to save his legs with the game won). He's also rarely ever been benched unless he was rested.

Salah's strops will be a sideshow Slot can do without.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30043 on: April 28, 2024, 09:25:25 am »
Who cares about any of this? An angry exchange between a player and manager at a critical moment is nothing to get het up about. Happens all the time, it's jusrt the media that want a big song and dance about it, because this is how they make a living, as gossip mongerers.

Ignore it all I say.
will be forgotten about in a week or so
has no impact on salah leaving his performances will

Offline pascoli

• Shit Googler & Easily Amused Bar Steward...
  • Legacy Fan
  • PER ARDUA AD ASTRA
« Reply #30044 on: April 28, 2024, 09:39:07 am »
Not sure if theres been any theories today on what happened but this was mine, klopp was trying to make 3 subs including Salah and Gomez, did Klopp try and get the 3 subs on at a break of play at 2-1 only for salah not to be ready and then west ham go on to equalise at 2-2 in a situation that Klopp thought Gomez would have defended better than the man he was subbing in Trent? Did Klopp go up to Salah then after the delay, pissed off and say something like "are you sure you're ready now?"

Just a theory, may be completely wrong.

Did you watch the game?

The equalising goal didn't go in until after they had the argument?
INTERNET TERRORIST. AND PROUD TOO.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30045 on: April 28, 2024, 10:03:30 am »
We always piss about for ages when making subs. You'll have players stood around for several minutes waiting to come on. Even just lacking the game management to stop the game so we can make the changes.

Offline kvarmeismydad

• Might regale ya with tales of footballing genitalia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30046 on: April 28, 2024, 10:08:39 am »
Salah arrived pissed off. In the build up as the team entered the stadium he had a face like thunder. He wasn't selected on form and you could argue that was fair.

He's probably been fuming all day for being left out of the team. As he and the others were about to come on Klopp went for a handshake and hug with the three of them but Salah walked around the back of the official and bent down to play with his socks. Klopp was left hanging. It could have been on purpose as he was still in a strop or it could have been by accident as the official was in the way.

Either way Klopp seemed to have took it as him still being in a strop and they exchanged words.

Salah left the building still in a strop.

He expects to play every single minute as he has so much belief in himself. As he gets older he has to respect that the club might see him as needing a rest. He probably doesn't see it as he doesn't feel it and sees that there's only 4 games to go.

The issue this clearly shows us for future seasons is that he'll not blend quietly on and off the bench as he gets older to get the best out of him. He will believe he can and should always play.

The fact that he wasn't voted into the leadership group on a number of occasions until the last round of votes shows you that his colleagues don't see him as a leader, despite him single handedly leading us to many many wins over the years on the pitch. I'm speculating but I'm guessing that is because he is so single minded and driven that he shows at times that he's not always thinking about the group.

Arne Slot will need to establish himself and gain respect and trust within this group. He needs players to run for him and that requires the team to believe in it and the direction of the teams future.

How much respect with Slot get from Salah if he rests him one game or subs him. I suspect it will be less than Klopp. You don't want Slot being undermined and losing the dressing room.

They need a good chat about it and to make sure he's committed to the cause of helping him be successful by dealing with these types of situations better or, he might need to part ways.

It'll be a nightmare to lose such a goal machine and goal creater and he's been outstanding all these years for us. Players always have to leave at some point and if it's this year then wow what an unbelievable record he has achieved here. He's to be celebrated and thanked and he needs to walk out the front door with love rather than the back door in some sort of transfer fall out.
@paulair

Offline kvarmeismydad

• Might regale ya with tales of footballing genitalia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30047 on: April 28, 2024, 10:16:56 am »
Also, what's probably pissed him off even further after being dropped was sitting watching Elliott's first half performance. He gave the ball away a few times and one was a dangerous counter. He wasn't very brave in an attacking sense and kept giving the ball back. He might have felt the pressure of Salahs strop you never know.

I'm guessing he would have expected to come on sooner rather than later and getting on after 80 minutes would again be another little thing that's wound him up.
@paulair

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #30048 on: April 28, 2024, 10:23:23 am »
I keep saying it, but they're different situations.

Getting subbed OFF with a cob on is normal and common and understandable. Getting subbed ON with one - especially when your own form has been abysmal and you're supposed to be a leader and example in the team - isn't normal or justifiable behaviour.

Fine it’s not normal or justifiable behavior …. What do you want to happen next?

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #30049 on: April 28, 2024, 10:27:09 am »
Why do people keep drawing false comparisons and equivalence between what Salah did yesterday and other examples of players being subbed OFF? They're different situations.

Players subbed off have their blood pumping and feel they could and should do better and stay on the field. No one kicks off in the same way about them because those reactions are understandable and common. Milner did it, Henderson did it, Mane did it, Trent did it, Salah has done it numerous times. No problem. It also usually happens with players who have been in form so find it hard to accept they could be pulled out of a game.

What Salah did yesterday though is act like a disrespectful gobshite when he's being called upon to come in. He's been deservedly dropped and should be sitting on the bench thinking about how he's going to show the manager with his performance. But instead he's just sulking and not even shaking his hand. It's not acceptable, it's not the same as other examples you're drawing upon and please stop making the comparison over and over.

I swear to God it's only on RAWK where I think this is even a debate. Salah was so out of line but there'll always be people on here who'll attempt to justify anything.

In time I'll probably only remember the good moments with Salah, but right now I'm fuming with the guy. A joke on the pitch for 6 weeks and now he reacts like this? So out of order and I'd be happy enough if he went.

Well said. I couldn’t have said it better myself.

It has been months now. AFCON and it’s injury should be behind him so that fatigue excuse just don’t cut it. Accept that you are not playing well, listen to the manager and coaches, and don’t think you know better. LFC and Klopp do not owe him anything.

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #30050 on: April 28, 2024, 10:35:23 am »
Fine it’s not normal or justifiable behavior …. What do you want to happen next?

Klopp will leave next and Salah has turned on him in public in his last few weeks. Whatever else happens is down to the data guys apparently.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30051 on: April 28, 2024, 10:42:49 am »
A phenomenal player - but he can go now. I really don’t give a shit how he felt yesterday - to disrespect the man who made you in public, deliberately, is unforgivable.

Thanks Mo, but don’t let the door hit you on your arse. You can go and join the plethora of fantastic footballers who have represented this club, but have massive chips on their shoulders  :wave

Jurgen Klopp is a thousand times the man you could ever dream to be.

Get fucked.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30052 on: April 28, 2024, 10:53:55 am »
A phenomenal player - but he can go now. I really don’t give a shit how he felt yesterday - to disrespect the man who made you in public, deliberately, is unforgivable.

Thanks Mo, but don’t let the door hit you on your arse. You can go and join the plethora of fantastic footballers who have represented this club, but have massive chips on their shoulders  :wave

Get fucked.
Who was Mo Salah before he worked with Jurgen anyway?

A Chelsea reject that was putting up decent numbers in a "weakened" Seria A. This manager and this club made him what he is today. No one is bigger than the club.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30053 on: April 28, 2024, 11:05:04 am »
I genuinely don’t know if you people in here are on a wind up … you a) no longer like him / basically he’s dead to you and b) want him kicked out the club …. Because he lost his rag at Klopp in public

That’s your actual position - or I’m missing some nuance?

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #30054 on: April 28, 2024, 11:05:17 am »

Get fucked.
I wouldnt exactly tell our Mo Salah to get fucked, however I do think this should be the end for him at our club.

He has been so far off the mark in recent weeks, he should understand why he is on the bench. I wouldn't expect him to be happy with it, like all elite athletes.

However, to publicly argue with our outgoing legend of a manager is so fucking petulant it's unreal.

That shit belong at other clubs, not Liverpool Football Club.

I know Klopp can be very diplomatic, and had this been at a different time in Klopp's tenure, I would fully support him privately launching a rocket at Salah.

For him to do that, to Jurgen when he is obviously feeling down as it is, and in public is a piss take from Mo.

He will forever be a club legend, but it's best to start this new era without him.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 11:06:57 am by Fabulous_aurelio »
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Aeon

• Main Stander
« Reply #30055 on: April 28, 2024, 11:12:35 am »
That's right, who was Salah before "they" made him?

Sorry for going off the superfan line giving FSG the green light for another fire sale in the upcoming window, which undoubtedly will happen. Salah deserves also respect.

Salah has been a better player and more loyal than fan favourites like Henderson, Alonso, Torres.

As for the Chelshit "reject" comments, he is in the same list as De Bruyne, Havertz, Pulisic and so many others who did alright after the left the london shit.

Klopp is a great Manager and very loyal.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #30056 on: April 28, 2024, 11:24:00 am »
Most interesting thing about Mo from the west ham game is that cover attack when he showed he's still got his blistering pace. Shame the pass to Nunez wasn't right, but I actually think that could have also been largely down to Nunez' position and line he was running.

Anyway, was good to see him running with the ball like that.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #30057 on: April 28, 2024, 11:28:04 am »
He’s kicked Klopp in his big teeth when he knows he’s leaving and can’t do anything about it. Makes me wonder now about his rows with Mane. When he came back into the team our performance dropped and it could be he’s taking confidence away from our younger strikers acting the big man behind the scenes. The Egyptians turned on him after Afcon so he probably wasn’t in a great mood coming back, maybe he wanted to stay and play for Egypt. We won’t know but we’ve all seen a different side to him which makes you wonder.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30058 on: April 28, 2024, 11:28:07 am »
Salah is obviously a club legend. He was disrespectful to Klopp yesterday but I can get that emotions are high when our season is capitulating so I can forgive that. However, if you are thinking with your head and not your heart, it's time to move Salah on this summer, get some money while we still can and build for the future with Slot.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30059 on: April 28, 2024, 11:29:45 am »
That's right, who was Salah before "they" made him?

Sorry for going off the superfan line giving FSG the green light for another fire sale in the upcoming window, which undoubtedly will happen. Salah deserves also respect.

Salah has been a better player and more loyal than fan favourites like Henderson, Alonso, Torres.

As for the Chelshit "reject" comments, he is in the same list as De Bruyne, Havertz, Pulisic and so many others who did alright after the left the london shit.

Klopp is a great Manager and very loyal.
There is no guarantee that he would have succeeded elsewhere. Some of our players that got "big" moves flopped miserably e.g Coutinho, Mane, Wijanldum, etc. The fact remains that he flopped at Chelsea and what he did in the Serie A is nothing special because players like Lookman have done well there.

He joins another club or manager and he's unlikely to be where he is today so he could show more respect because respect is a two-way street. We've had so many legends that have won a lot more than him and they've come and gone.

Him being a legend doesn't mean he should react like that when rightly dropped. This is Liverpool FC not Mo Salah FC and some need to understand that.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 11:31:45 am by MonsLibpool »

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30060 on: April 28, 2024, 11:37:38 am »

I don't know what will happen, but if you're genuinely asking, then what I want to see happen is for us to take an offer over £50m if we get it. Any talk of a new deal for Salah is mad in my opinion, and yesterday made me go from sitting a bit on the fence about his future to being happy enough with the idea of him leaving.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30061 on: April 28, 2024, 11:40:52 am »
I genuinely don’t know if you people in here are on a wind up … you a) no longer like him / basically he’s dead to you and b) want him kicked out the club …. Because he lost his rag at Klopp in public

That’s your actual position - or I’m missing some nuance?

The nuance is he's also contributed zilch in 2024, as we went from chasing all trophies to falling off a cliff. Not all his fault of course, but he's been an enormous disappointment. Acting the dick yesterday comes in the context of that. The combination of things is what has some of "us people" being happy with the idea of him leaving.

What do you want to see happen?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 11:42:30 am by decosabute »

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30062 on: April 28, 2024, 11:42:35 am »
The nuance is he's also contributed zilch in 2024, as we went from chasing all trophies to falling off a cliff. Not all his fault of course, but he's been an enormous disappointment. Acting the dick yesterday comes in the context of that. The combination of things is what has some of "us people" being happy with him leaving.

It's very simple.

If a "lesser" player did that, would the reaction be the same?

Maybe Mo should start picking the 11.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30063 on: April 28, 2024, 11:46:39 am »
The nuance is he's also contributed zilch in 2024, as we went from chasing all trophies to falling off a cliff. Not all his fault of course, but he's been an enormous disappointment. Acting the dick yesterday comes in the context of that. The combination of things is what has some of "us people" being happy with the idea of him leaving.

Me - nothing. I don't want to see anything happen but I wasn't banging out posts on this all last night then carrying on at 8 in the morning today so I'm trying to understand where you and others are coming from because a lot of us don't get it. 

So is 'acting the dick' the reason you want him to leave?

I just want to be clear before having the argument because there are posts in this thread that seem to state that his behavior yesterday should see him kicked out the club?
It's not clear to me - because I don't share the opinion - if he'd scored 6 goals in his last 5 games but still 'acted the dick' if people would still want him kicked out the club?

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30064 on: April 28, 2024, 11:47:24 am »
Salah is obviously a club legend. He was disrespectful to Klopp yesterday but I can get that emotions are high when our season is capitulating so I can forgive that. However, if you are thinking with your head and not your heart, it's time to move Salah on this summer, get some money while we still can and build for the future with Slot.

You fear it'll go sour with Mo if he stays. Nor would we want to lose him for nothing next year and the ship has sailed on giving him a new contract. Like with Gerrard he won't want to accept reduced wages or role despite turning 34 when his contract is up next year.

More likely to make colder decisions on contracts than we have previously. We've let too many run them down and go for nothing.

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30065 on: April 28, 2024, 11:53:08 am »
People are still crying over a nothing heat of the moment incident.

Absolutely nothing to suggest he's leaving. I expect the papers to push that line not our own fans.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #30066 on: April 28, 2024, 11:56:02 am »
You'd sell our captain and vice-captain before Salah?

I'm not on the "sell Salah" train just yet but that's absolutely crazy to me. Trent is world-class and still only 25, Van Dijk has been a leader and a rock for years and in a position where physical decline isn't so impactful. If it's a choice between selling Salah or either of those two for big money, it's a no-brainer for me, Salah is gone.

Captains don't win you game.  Trent ain't world class, he is a shit defender and cannot play midfield correctly...he is good as a player to have in the team specially for his passing range.  Virgil unfortunately is no longer consistent for a defender.

01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #30067 on: April 28, 2024, 11:57:52 am »
Mohamed Salah emerged from the corridor leading out of the London Stadium deep in conversation with David Moyes.

As the West Ham United manager put a hand on his shoulder and they said their goodbyes, Salah was flanked by a member of Liverpool’s security staff for the short walk to the team bus.

It took him past a group of reporters eager to get his thoughts on an unseemly touchline spat with his own manager, Jurgen Klopp, as he waited to be introduced off the bench with 11 minutes to go in Saturday’s 2-2 draw.

Moments earlier, Klopp had sought to draw a line under it during his press conference. “We spoke about it in the dressing room, but it’s done for me. That’s it.” Asked whether the Egypt forward saw things that way, Klopp added: “It was my impression, yes.”

So, nothing to see here? All water under the bridge? Salah clearly did not get the memo.
It is standard practice for him to turn down interview requests — he has only stopped post- match to speak to the UK’s written press twice in nearly seven years as a Liverpool player — but this was not the usual smiling response of, “Not today, thank you”.

Not breaking stride, he said: “There’s going to be fire today if I speak.”
The words were uttered matter of factly.

“Fire?” The Athletic inquired.

“Of course,” he replied.

After his manager had sought to douse the flames, Salah poured petrol on them.

There did not need to be “fire”. He could have taken the opportunity to play down the altercation. Even better, he could have apologised publicly for the disrespect he had shown Klopp. He did neither.

After a wretched few weeks which have seen Liverpool’s title challenge disintegrate, it was another sad sight on Klopp’s farewell tour.

For context, Salah was added to the club’s leadership group last summer because he was regarded as such a role model for the youngsters in the squad. And what happened yesterday was not a brief moment of petulance. It spanned over a minute.

The flashpoint started with Salah, annoyed that he had remained on the bench for so long, seeming reluctant to shake Klopp’s hand as he prepared to come on. Words were exchanged before Klopp found fellow substitutes Darwin Nunez and Joe Gomez more willing to embrace him.

As the incident continued, Klopp initially stepped away from it and focused his attention on the field, before walking back towards Salah and getting something else off his chest.

What followed was completely unacceptable as Salah, usually so mild-mannered, vented his spleen towards his manager, throwing his arms up and pointing in Klopp’s direction. It took Nunez, the most unlikely of peacemakers, to step in to calm his team-mate down.

Just to complete a bleak few minutes, Michail Antonio nodded West Ham level before the triple substitution could be made.

At the final whistle, Salah was the first Liverpool player to leave the pitch, briefly aiming some applause towards the away end, before ruffling his hair and disappearing down the tunnel. This was the day when the frustration that has been gradually building inside him erupted.

Salah’s durability has been as remarkable as his goal-scoring feats since arriving at Anfield from Roma in the summer of 2017. He missed just 10 league matches across his first six seasons at Liverpool.

This season, he has missed much more game-time than usual. Damaging a hamstring at the Africa Cup of Nations on January 18 kept him out until the trip to Brentford a month later. Then he immediately broke down again and spent another three weeks on the sidelines and was not available for the League Cup final win on February 25.

Since returning to action in early March, he has scored just five goals in 13 appearances, and two of those were penalties. During that damaging period, Liverpool have been knocked out of the FA Cup and the Europa League, and have now dropped out of the title race.

In three of the past six matches, Salah has been named on the bench. You only have to look at how he has reacted to being substituted in games to appreciate how much not making the starting XI hurts.
But the harsh reality is that he can have no complaints about being overlooked of late.

He has not pressed like he should out of possession, his touch has repeatedly let him down and, in the final third, he has been wasteful. He has looked like a player lacking rhythm and confidence.

Sorting out Salah’s future is one of the most pressing items in prospective new head coach Arne Slot’s in-tray as he prepares to take over from Klopp this summer.

It is a genuine dilemma. We are talking about one of the greatest players in the club’s history; a forward who is fifth on Liverpool’s all-time list of scorers with 210 goals in 346 matches and is still their top scorer this season with 24 goals in all competitions. He became the first Liverpool player to score more than 20 goals in all competitions in seven successive seasons.

It would be premature to describe his slump as proof that he is a declining force but, as he both turns 32 and enters the final year of his deal this off-season, it would be a sizeable gamble to offer another lucrative extension to someone earning over £350,000 ($437,145) per week.

Last August, Liverpool turned down an offer of £100million, potentially rising to £150m with add- ons, for Salah from Saudi Pro League outfit Al Ittihad, largely because they did not have enough time to find a suitable replacement. If a similar offer is forthcoming much earlier in this summer’s window, they would surely be tempted to cash in, given their self-sustaining business model.

Much will depend on Salah himself.

Is he ready to wave goodbye to elite football in Europe and head for Saudi? There is a school of thought that he would rather sit tight for the final year of his contract and then depart as a free agent in 2025, when he could command a huge signing- on fee.
Maybe a proper break in the months ahead and then a new start, seemingly under Slot, will get him firing again.

But Salah needs to reflect on what happened at the London Stadium yesterday, because he let himself down. If he had something to get off his chest, it should have happened behind closed doors.

Klopp has elevated Salah into a global icon at Anfield — his departing manager deserved better than this.

James Pearce in The Athletic today. The last sentence sums it up perfectly. I’m amazed so many fans don’t see it the same way.

Offline Aeon

• Main Stander
« Reply #30068 on: April 28, 2024, 12:00:19 pm »

He has contributed nothing in 2024? Considering he was injured and away to the African Cup, that leaves 1 and 1/2 month for 2024. Yet, in that period he was still our most prolific striker.

Certainly he has not won the ton of trophies torres and alonso won with Liverpool though, nor did he snub Liverpool for chelshit or the Madrid shithouse, so I understand your frustration.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30069 on: April 28, 2024, 12:00:26 pm »
You fear it'll go sour with Mo if he stays. Nor would we want to lose him for nothing next year and the ship has sailed on giving him a new contract. Like with Gerrard he won't want to accept reduced wages or role despite turning 34 when his contract is up next year.

More likely to make colder decisions on contracts than we have previously. We've let too many run them down and go for nothing.

100%. Our management of contracts has been pretty poor to the point we had to rebuild our entire midfield in one transfer window. I think he will be first on the list for Edwards to move on. Get his wages off the book and maybe get two players in for him that we can get 5-6 year out of.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30070 on: April 28, 2024, 12:03:54 pm »
James Pearce in The Athletic today. The last sentence sums it up perfectly. I’m amazed so many fans don’t see it the same way.

I'm amazed so many people are straw manning the shit out of this... imagine quote posting James Pearce and his desperate attempts to cling on to relevance by hyping everything to shit (is there a single lfc journo that actually operates in the clubs best interests?)

Why isn't it possible to think he was out of order yesterday but that losing your rag with someone isn't actually that big a deal compared to years of not only a good relationship but also incredible success?

Fuck me if you all applied this standard to your personal life you'd all be dying alone

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30071 on: April 28, 2024, 12:07:42 pm »
Who was Mo Salah before he worked with Jurgen anyway?

A Chelsea reject that was putting up decent numbers in a "weakened" Seria A. This manager and this club made him what he is today. No one is bigger than the club.

Silly post, Salah was already on his way to being a top class player at Roma. Klopp needed good players to win the league and CL, he wouldn’t have done it with Karius and Origi.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30072 on: April 28, 2024, 12:09:01 pm »
I wouldnt exactly tell our Mo Salah to get fucked, however I do think this should be the end for him at our club.

He has been so far off the mark in recent weeks, he should understand why he is on the bench. I wouldn't expect him to be happy with it, like all elite athletes.

However, to publicly argue with our outgoing legend of a manager is so fucking petulant it's unreal.

That shit belong at other clubs, not Liverpool Football Club.

I know Klopp can be very diplomatic, and had this been at a different time in Klopp's tenure, I would fully support him privately launching a rocket at Salah.

For him to do that, to Jurgen when he is obviously feeling down as it is, and in public is a piss take from Mo.

He will forever be a club legend, but it's best to start this new era without him.

I’m happy to tell him to get fucked.Id tear up his contract today if I could.

He’s been an absolute hero for us as a player, one of our all time greats. But once the murals have washed away and his song stopped being sung - there will still be a statue outside of Jurgen Klopp.

One of the qualities Jurgen expects from the culture he cultivates is humility and respect - and yesterday this gobshite thought he is bigger than all that, honestly I’d drag him out the door. Is he he so fucking stupid and arrogant he can’t see why he’s been benched, he’s been fucking atrocious for weeks. To then publically undermine the boss because ‘his feelings are hurt’ he can get fucked.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30073 on: April 28, 2024, 12:10:28 pm »
Silly post, Salah was already on his way to being a top class player at Roma. Klopp needed good players to win the league and CL, he wouldn’t have done it with Karius and Origi.
I have expanded on this above.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30074 on: April 28, 2024, 12:15:51 pm »
I’m happy to tell him to get fucked.Id tear up his contract today if I could.

He’s been an absolute hero for us as a player, one of our all time greats. But once the murals have washed away and his song stopped being sung - there will still be a statue outside of Jurgen Klopp.

One of the qualities Jurgen expects from the culture he cultivates is humility and respect - and yesterday this gobshite thought he is bigger than all that, honestly I’d drag him out the door. Is he he so fucking stupid and arrogant he can’t see why he’s been benched, he’s been fucking atrocious for weeks. To then publically undermine the boss because ‘his feelings are hurt’ he can get fucked.
Embarrassing.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30075 on: April 28, 2024, 12:16:00 pm »
I'm amazed so many people are straw manning the shit out of this... imagine quote posting James Pearce and his desperate attempts to cling on to relevance by hyping everything to shit (is there a single lfc journo that actually operates in the clubs best interests?)

Why isn't it possible to think he was out of order yesterday but that losing your rag with someone isn't actually that big a deal compared to years of not only a good relationship but also incredible success?

Fuck me if you all applied this standard to your personal life you'd all be dying alone

Think its born out of built up frustration at Klopp going, how the season has just taken a divebomb in next to no time, Salahs horrendous form and peoples views on respect.

Everyone wants to see us succeed, everyone is gutted Klopps going and the margin for error is so small in football now that losses or draws are devastating and the fans feel it. Some have been unsure on if Salah has still got 'it' this season and recent form has been as bad as you'll see. I genuinely never thought i'd see the day Salah could barely control the ball but recent weeks have been pretty insane, some awful awful play!! Not starting yesterday is understandable, it wasn't some insane decision that couldn't be justified, he deserved benching! We all know players want to play, come on fired up, that's completely fine... but to blank a manager who has done so much for the club, put his neck on the line for the players, fans, club etc and is clearly really struggling at the moment (it's written all over his face) will naturally infuriate many.

I'm not saying you're wrong, for the record I agree with you, but I think the frustration is a build up. All but one of the seasons targets are gone and in the recent weeks (which will be peoples focus) Salah hasn't shown up, to then disrespect the manager isn't on. In terms of form I think people are also fearing another Hendo, Fab scenario, it was like a lightswitch the way their form fell off a cliff, maybe some see Salah and think history is repeating itself and we need to right the wrongs of last season, I again disagree on that being the way to go but we have to take into account frustration sometime shows in bizarre ways.

Salah is elite and hasn't lost it at all, suggesting otherwise is mad but I think the comments are a combination of many factors built up over time as opposed to 'he disrespected Klopp... sell up'.

I was disappointed more than anything, falling out happens, different things occur but in the circumstances, Klopp wasn't wrong IMO, show the same respect you would want. He would be lividddd if Klopp did the equivalent to him.

Obviously this is just my perception and there will be some who genuinely just think he disrespected klopp so must go but for the majority who seem enraged I think it's a build up of frustration showing

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30076 on: April 28, 2024, 12:18:15 pm »
I have expanded on this above.

There’s nothing to expand it’s a crazy post, and quite disrespectful actually. Salah and Mane didn’t grow up in first world economies, the effort willpower and skill level it took for them to make it right to the very top gives me an indication that they would have got there one way or the other regardless. You making it seem as if Klopp is some type of deity who can transform trash to gold, but the same never happened with Emre Can, it never happened with Origi, these players had a good level of natural talent but never emerged into world class players that many would have predicted for them at age 18/19.

Salah and Mane did, so there’s no need to minimalize their hard work and effort and put all at the hands of Klopp, it doesn’t work like that, there story was already half way written before they came here.

Klopp is the best manager in the world but he isn’t a miracle worker, he couldn’t turn a Karius into an Alisson.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30077 on: April 28, 2024, 12:21:22 pm »
There’s nothing to expand it’s a crazy post, and quite disrespectful actually. Salah and Mane didn’t grow up in first world economies, the effort willpower and skill level it took for them to make it right to the very top gives me an indication that they would have got there one way or the other regardless. You making it seem as if Klopp is some type of deity who can transform trash to gold, but the same never happened with Emre Can, it never happened with Origi, these players had a good level of natural talent but never emerged into world class players that many would have predicted for them at age 18/19.

Salah and Mane did, so there’s no need to minimalize their hard work and effort and put all at the hands of Klopp, it doesn’t work like that, there story was already half way written before they came here.

Klopp is the best manager in the world but he isn’t a miracle worker, he couldn’t turn a Karius into an Alisson.
I don't agree with you but that's fine and I won't call your post "crazy".

The other week some said it was crazy to suggest dropping him and I think you were part of them so I'm not surprised.

You can be delusional some times, I guess that applies for us all, but that’s a silly comment, given Salahs record against united and his overall level.
He scored a goal, how poor can he be, he wasn’t poor he just wasn’t anything special but he played his part in what should have been a win for us.

He’s had a couple poor games where he still contributes only a absolute mad man will bench your best player in one of the biggest games of the season against a team he has like 12 goals and 4 assists in the same amount of games.

Lucky Klopp is not a mad man.

Klopp must be mad for benching Mo against Fulham when the title was still on the line? Yesterday, it wasn't exactly over mathematically,  so he must be mad for benching Mo there too eh?

Anyway, agree to disagree (obviously with the caveat that anything you disagree with is automatically "crazy" or "mad" LOL).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 12:30:04 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #30078 on: April 28, 2024, 12:25:39 pm »
100%. Our management of contracts has been pretty poor to the point we had to rebuild our entire midfield in one transfer window. I think he will be first on the list for Edwards to move on. Get his wages off the book and maybe get two players in for him that we can get 5-6 year out of.
and what if he doesn't want to leave? What would you do make him train with the academy?
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #30079 on: April 28, 2024, 12:29:42 pm »

I'd be more disappointed with him if he wasn't bothered about being on the subs bench!

Yes he probably shouldn't have shown his frustration like he did outside of the dressing room but it's been blown completely out of all proportion.
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.