Author Topic: Reds agree Adam deal  (Read 139810 times)

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
Re: Reds agree Adam deal
« Reply #480 on: July 6, 2011, 03:41:48 pm »
If we played a 4-2-3-1 formation with Lucas, Adam, Aquilani and Gerrard in the side, I don't think the opposition would be able to get the ball from too much passing and with Suarez running circles around their defence.

a winger would be necessary to avoid being squeezed in the middle
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #481 on: July 6, 2011, 03:42:20 pm »
If you think Lucas fucking Leiva is going to be the first name on that team sheet in the middle of the park then you sir are insane. We now have at least two central midfielders who are better than him.

How this can be denied is beyond me.

Blimey, plenty of fishing today.

Meanwhile, in the real world.....

Offline BFM

• Legacy Fan
  • Compulsive hyperbolic exaggerator
« Reply #482 on: July 6, 2011, 03:42:20 pm »
It's official, we have become a chosen club for "Bandwagoners".

I blame the FSG/RedSox connection as that club has the highest number of new/know nothing supporters. For most, the RedSox didn't exist before 2004. I suspect that for many of our new supporters, LFC did not exist before 2010.

eh?
If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: July 6, 2011, 03:42:38 pm »
Is there anything to these Konchesky rumours getting bandied about?

Offline Hop

• Anny Roader
« Reply #484 on: July 6, 2011, 03:42:59 pm »
We have every type of central midfielder you could want at the club now, it gives us great options for the different challenges you face in the league + depth to cover for injuries etc.

Online joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #485 on: July 6, 2011, 03:43:07 pm »
Football manager fan. People think you need 11 attacking players on the pitch to win. When in reality you need an engine, like lucas

I wish people wouldnt give FM a bad name all the time, lots of people can play it without making moronic statmeents about real football and I'm sure lots of idiotic football fans don't play FM!
Back on topic, I liked what I saw of Adam this season and look forward to seeing what he can do in a red shirt.
I do wonder if on occasion we will see a diamond formation with four fairly central midfielders. People will moan about a lack of width, but I don't see it being a problem if we sign a good left back and him and Johnson both bomb on. Wingers are one way of providing creativity, not the only way. That didn't work on FM by the way ;)

Offline carlitos

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #486 on: July 6, 2011, 03:43:21 pm »
I agree with the above. It's why it seems wasteful. I'd rather both Meireles and Aquilani ahead of Adam but I have a hunch Kenny is going to play Adam a fair bit more than a bench player.
What on earth are you basing this on?

In the premier league, which is where liverpool play by the way, Charlie Adam has been significantly better than either Aquilani or Mereiles, though apparently he's not fit to lace their boots.

Be honest, its because he isn't foreign and plays for blackpool isn't it.

If his name was carlos adamos and we signed him from Santos, you'd be wanking yourself silly right now.

Offline Get

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: July 6, 2011, 03:43:41 pm »
having and spending money on players brings out the worst in people  :butt

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: July 6, 2011, 03:43:46 pm »
Is there anything to these Konchesky rumours getting bandied about?

hopefully but it seems too good to be true to be honest
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline socrates the sophist

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #489 on: July 6, 2011, 03:43:47 pm »
Adam certainly had a good season in 10/11 with Blackpool. Whether he is genuinely a fantastic addition to us we can't tell yet.
So lets not get over-excited or too pessimistic at the same time. The good thing is we are getting our top priorities for the first time since I can remember really.
Welcome Charlie.

Offline BFM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: July 6, 2011, 03:44:16 pm »

In the premier league, which is where liverpool play by the way, Charlie Adam has been significantly better than either Aquilani or Meireles, though apparently he's not fit to lace their boots.

If his name was carlos adamos and we signed him from Santos, you'd be wanking yourself silly right now.

Carlos Adamos? I feel a song coming on

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #491 on: July 6, 2011, 03:44:28 pm »
a winger would be necessary to avoid being squeezed in the middle

I would play it:

Lucas Adam
Gerrard Aquilani LW
         Suarez

A left wing back, should we get one, would also be a good idea in that formation if we were to put Suarez next to Aquilani and have Carroll or Kuyt up front.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: July 6, 2011, 03:44:39 pm »
I wish people wouldnt give FM a bad name all the time, lots of people can play it without making moronic statmeents about real football and I'm sure lots of idiotic football fans don't play FM!
Back on topic, I liked what I saw of Adam this season and look forward to seeing what he can do in a red shirt.
I do wonder if on occasion we will see a diamond formation with four fairly central midfielders. People will moan about a lack of width, but I don't see it being a problem if we sign a good left back and him and Johnson both bomb on. Wingers are one way of providing creativity, not the only way. That didn't work on FM by the way ;)

Chelsea have proved you don't need huge amounts of width to win the league, Arsenal also play very centrally
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline all_funkt_up

• ....the valentino of the boards... really knows how to treat a lady.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget. Never Buy the Sun.
    • The Daily Punt
« Reply #493 on: July 6, 2011, 03:44:48 pm »
I'd like to see one or two extra centre mids before the start of the season. If we pick up 5 or 6 injuries to likes of gerrard, aquliani, lucas, henderson, spearing, shelvey, adam and raul our squad would be threadbare.
Roy. Shut up. Just shut up.

Betting Banter and Stuff

http://thedailypunt.com/forum/

"Zlatan was released by Ajax because of his fucking attitude. Released by Juve cos just not good enough to play alongside Trezeguet.
He won't score or make an assist at

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #494 on: July 6, 2011, 03:44:53 pm »
Im saying he performs relatively well most of the time. nothing to do with pointless stats.
Giving the ball away cheaply, i.e 50% times Adam had the ball he gave it to a Blackburn player is not a pointless stat.  If you keep possession you prevent the opposition scoring.  Ever watched Barca, best team in the world?  They have perfected keeping possession.  It's fundamentally important.
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: July 6, 2011, 03:44:58 pm »
The funniest thing about this thread, depressing as some of it is, is that all you idiots moaning about us signing this lad are gonna fucking LOVE him. He's brilliant.

Offline Ikki.Fenikkusu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #496 on: July 6, 2011, 03:45:22 pm »
Ha ha what an awful argument.

LOL, we get it, you don't question anything that the higher ups decide.

He's right though. Adam isn't very consistent. For all the stick Gerrard gets for his Hollywood balls Adam misses far more than Gerrard does.

And Aquilani doesn't tackle? You should watch him more. He tackles and is more active than Adam on that end.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #497 on: July 6, 2011, 03:45:29 pm »
Blimey, plenty of fishing today.

Redcafé, mate.

Offline frankie biscan

• Main Stander
  • "Here's to swimmin' with bow-legged women."
« Reply #498 on: July 6, 2011, 03:45:53 pm »

"Not sure if he is Liverpool quality" this shite baffles me!!!

I remember the same comments were aimed at the club when we signed Johnny Barnes, as some people deemed him not "consistent enough"
Her beauty is so genuine . . . . . . .  i dare say the epitome of the word and it's definition.

Offline robbie rotten

• Main Stander
  • Can hear the sweet silver song of the Lark
« Reply #499 on: July 6, 2011, 03:46:03 pm »
Ridiculous to deny what I've said.

Are you the Carlitos who was thrown out of the Liverpool thread, quickly followed by the whole forum, on F365 ?

"He" had a thing against Lucas, constantly slating his performances

Offline El jefe

• Kopite
« Reply #500 on: July 6, 2011, 03:46:16 pm »

I'm currently playing FM so i can't really talk! Perhaps i should have said Fifa. But you know what i mean some people think football is so simplistic. Stick 11 attacking players with flair on the pitch and you'll win.

Offline carlitos

• Kemlynite
« Reply #501 on: July 6, 2011, 03:46:26 pm »
28 posts?

Jog on, you bad, bad whopper.

Sorry, is my post count some way related to this discussion.

Sorry I don't spend my life wanking in my bedroom chatting to mongs like you. Maybe I'm just not a real fan. You seem to know what you're talking about though   ::)

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #502 on: July 6, 2011, 03:46:54 pm »
LOL, we get it, you don't question anything that the higher ups decide.

He's right though. Adam isn't very consistent. For all the stick Gerrard gets for his Hollywood balls Adam misses far more than Gerrard does.

And Aquilani doesn't tackle? You should watch him more. He tackles and is more active than Adam on that end.

You're making yourself look foolish now.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline BFM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: July 6, 2011, 03:47:04 pm »
I'm currently playing FM so i can't really talk! Perhaps i should have said Fifa. But you know what i mean some people think football is so simplistic. Stick 11 attacking players with flair on the pitch and you'll win.

What? Like the Argentina squad?

Offline iwear no colours

• which helps with the washing a hell of a lot, let me tell you
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #504 on: July 6, 2011, 03:47:39 pm »
Its like care in the community on acid in here.

We have signed a good midfielder fellas more qualified than us will pick him and play him when they see fit.

They all wear a red shirt support them

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #505 on: July 6, 2011, 03:47:41 pm »
Nah, Adam's passing is superb. His pass completion rate mentioned by others falls down sometimes because he often tries difficult passes that create chances and goals, not safe balls all the time. You need players like him who can pull off amazing passes like shown here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX16z0cVGAg

52 seconds :)

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: July 6, 2011, 03:47:52 pm »
Nah, Adam's passing is superb. His pass completion rate mentioned by others falls down sometimes because he often tries difficult passes that create chances and goals, not safe balls all the time. You need players like him who can pull off amazing passes like shown here:

'kinell. Some of those are just incredible.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: July 6, 2011, 03:47:53 pm »
Have a feeling he'll be an important big game player for us, much like Fletcher for United. Can't argue with the price we've payed, very good addition.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Skrtels Head

• looks uncannily like London Planetarium
  • Kopite
« Reply #508 on: July 6, 2011, 03:48:18 pm »

Sorry I don't spend my life wanking in my bedroom chatting to idiots like you. Maybe I'm just not a real fan. You seem to know what you're talking about though   ::)
You should give it a try, I reckon you'd be a natural.......
Whats that on your lip? Is it a mustache or is it SHIT !

Offline montanaaa

• Main Stander
« Reply #509 on: July 6, 2011, 03:48:27 pm »
Got a question, with everyone fit, would you put C.Adam in the starting line up?

Offline Get

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: July 6, 2011, 03:48:28 pm »
Giving the ball away cheaply, i.e 50% times Adam had the ball he gave it to a Blackburn player is not a pointless stat.  If you keep possession you prevent the opposition scoring.  Ever watched Barca, best team in the world?  They have perfected keeping possession.  It's fundamentally important.

every fucking argument ends up with barca doing that and this, first, adam had shitty avarage relegation players around him, Play Alonso or xavi with 10 of blackpool players and their passing % would be a lot weaker. they play in spain, the game in spain is about possession, they don't have that direct style of play like here in england which is less about possesion and more about pressure.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: July 6, 2011, 03:48:30 pm »
All the best.

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: July 6, 2011, 03:48:31 pm »

Sorry I don't spend my life wanking in my bedroom chatting to idiots like you. Maybe I'm just not a real fan. You seem to know what you're talking about though   ::)

you spend your time on fan forums of clubs you don't support you sad bastard.

Offline thekingisback

• Boys Pen
  • R.I.P me awl fella 1945-2011
« Reply #513 on: July 6, 2011, 03:48:31 pm »
I'm a bit underwhelmed to be honest.Adams a good footballer but is he what we want to carry us back to the pinnacle of the league and to where we belong?

He also said this:

"I used to try and come to Old Trafford as much as possible to see United, and also follow them to away games when I could,” he said. “A lot of my family are United fans, and I loved watching United’s players. When you’re a player yourself, you want to see the very best play. If you can¹t learn from coming to Old Trafford, where can you learn from?”
It was United legend, Paul Scholes, who stood out the most for Adam though.
“I learn something every time I’m on the same pitch as Paul Scholes,” he continued. “When you go up against him, you see how he knows where everybody else on the pitch is, and where the ball is coming before it comes to him. That gives him time on the ball and so many options. I hope he plays.”

"this is the home of football son.......we are football.We are LFC.And the pies aren't bad either."

Offline El jefe

• Kopite
« Reply #514 on: July 6, 2011, 03:48:52 pm »
What? Like the Argentina squad?

perhaps, there was people calling for them to play Messi, Higuain, Tevez, Aguero and Di Maria in the same team last year

Offline BFM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: July 6, 2011, 03:49:15 pm »
52 seconds :)

Nup, he's shit. Anyone can look good on Youtube. I choose to base my opinion of him on his performance against Blackburn. Why? Fucked if I know

Offline Ikki.Fenikkusu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #516 on: July 6, 2011, 03:49:36 pm »

In the premier league, which is where liverpool play by the way, Charlie Adam has been significantly better than either Aquilani or Meireles, though apparently he's not fit to lace their boots.

You state the above like it's a fact. No, I don't think he was better than Meireles but then again it's easier to stand out in a less talented team. Especially one that got relegated. Aquilani was great for us when fit. Both are better than Adam IMO.

I assume the above because I don't think Kenny would go so hard for a bench player, as he has for Adam. I think he has bigger plans for him. And LOL at the attempted potshot about race. This coming from a guy who is saying Lucas isn't going to start anymore. Our last season player of the year. Haha.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #517 on: July 6, 2011, 03:49:54 pm »
Welcome Charlie. Definitely looking forward to his set-pieces. Glad to see the news of the agreement was announced by the club first.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: July 6, 2011, 03:49:55 pm »
Expecting lots of Holyrood balls.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: July 6, 2011, 03:50:49 pm »

There's quite a few first time passes in that compliation which is another positive with this signing. I really hope the likes of yourself and Royhendo are right and he turns out to be a great signing. I just think that the selection of midfielders we have at the club are better (obviosuly this signing increases the likelyhood of Aquilani and/or Meireles leaving) bar Poulsen and Cole.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.