Author Topic: Mancini Wants More Money  (Read 12832 times)

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
Re: Mancini Wants More Money
« Reply #80 on: April 9, 2012, 05:20:06 pm »
They will sell tevez, adebayor, and ballotelli for a combined sum of ... What?

£70m?

Doubtful,

Tevez - £20 - £25m
Adebayor - £12 - £15m
Balotelli- £18-20m (He'll probably end up at Milan on loan.)

They can't get a fair price when selling anymore, clubs know they can fleece them, hence why Tevez is still a City player.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You will look down and the tea will be gone.
« Reply #81 on: April 9, 2012, 05:25:40 pm »
"Up to now, we have plugged away at building a strong team, so now I think three or four more players with a strong mentality will be enough to finish it."

Is the only the only thing he says which could indicate he wants more money. Other than that, it is just the headline and people getting carried away.
All around you walls are tumbling down. Stop staring at the ground.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #82 on: April 9, 2012, 06:41:04 pm »
Actually, he'll have loads and loads to spend this summer.

They will sell tevez, adebayor, and ballotelli for a combined sum of ... What?

£70m?

He'll have an absolute stack of cash to spend just to break even.

No one will be buying those players at the prices you mentioned. Adebayor has been on loan for what, two seasons now? He will be on loan again next season, or sulk on the bench. Same thing with Tevez, unless PSG offers big money but his attitude stinks. Balotelli will be off to Milan on a loan deal, no way are they going to offer anything more than 5-10 million. ;)

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #83 on: April 9, 2012, 06:41:53 pm »
A cheque book manager

And a pretty shit one at that.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: April 9, 2012, 06:42:28 pm »
Doubtful,

Tevez - £20 - £25m
Adebayor - £12 - £15m
Balotelli- £18-20m (He'll probably end up at Milan on loan.)

They can't get a fair price when selling anymore, clubs know they can fleece them, hence why Tevez is still a City player.

people know city want to sell them.

they ain't getting nowhere near that much.maybe tevez that's it though.
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: April 9, 2012, 06:46:08 pm »
Mancini is a decent manager. RAWK is hysterically unbalanced - either shit or outstanding. He's won the domestic cup in 5 out of the 11 seasons he's been managing. People can look at his 3 league titles however they want, but the bloke wins trophies. He won City's first for 30 odd years.

He should've won the league this year and there's no getting away from that, but RAWKites need to learn about shades of grey.

I agree he's a decent manager but you also have to look at the circumstances he's won trophies under. When he was dominating with Inter there was practically little other competition and that FA Cup was the least he could do with the amount of money spent. If he had won City's first trophy in 30 years with limited resources, by all means heap praise on him, but as it stands though it's nothing special at all.

"Up to now, we have plugged away at building a strong team, so now I think three or four more players with a strong mentality will be enough to finish it."

Is the only the only thing he says which could indicate he wants more money. Other than that, it is just the headline and people getting carried away.

"finish it"

Finish what? It's already the best squad in the league. He's making excuses and IS basically asking for more money.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2012, 06:48:10 pm by Samee »
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #86 on: April 9, 2012, 06:49:23 pm »
I agree he's a decent manager but you also have to look at the circumstances he's won trophies under. When he was dominating with Inter there was practically little other competition and that FA Cup was the least he could do with the amount of money spent. If he had won City's first trophy in 30 years with limited resources, by all means heap praise on him, but as it stands though it's nothing special at all.

He's not shite either. He took over a Fiorentina team that were fucking doomed and he almost kept them up and he won them a trophy before they went out of existence. Then he tookover at Lazio, who were haemorreging their world class talent and had the dead hand of Cragnotti at the helm... And he took them back into the Champions League, and to a UEFA Cup semi, and won the Coppa Italia with them as well.

I don't think he's a special manager. I don't think he's a shite one either. Infact, I'd say that record is better than 'decent'.

The progress he's made at City might not be as quick as people should expect with the money behind them, but this years City side are better than last years, who were better than the year befores and so on.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: April 9, 2012, 06:54:16 pm »
He's not shite either. He took over a Fiorentina team that were fucking doomed and he almost kept them up and he won them a trophy before they went out of existence. Then he tookover at Lazio, who were haemorreging their world class talent and had the dead hand of Cragnotti at the helm... And he took them back into the Champions League, and to a UEFA Cup semi, and won the Coppa Italia with them as well.

I don't think he's a special manager. I don't think he's a shite one either. Infact, I'd say that record is better than 'decent'.

The progress he's made at City might not be as quick as people should expect with the money behind them, but this years City side are better than last years, who were better than the year befores and so on.

Good post.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: April 9, 2012, 06:54:41 pm »

Just using the same word as you man.

Thing is though, the first season Ranieri had money at Chelsea they finished 2nd and got to the Champions League semi-final and he isn't the greatest manager.

Mancini's better than most but his lack of accomplishment at City so far with the resources he's had available has been shite.
@Samee
In Leicester?

Offline Shabby

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: April 9, 2012, 07:40:44 pm »
He should've won the league this year and there's no getting away from that, but RAWKites need to learn about shades of grey.

Why do you think they should have won the league?

I think the start they had to the campaign and the way they thumped United caused the expectation levels to be raised a little unrealistically. United are currently on course for 97pts which means it would have taken a phenomenal effort for them to win the league. They've not challenged before so expecting them to able to go the distance was a tall order IMO.
£15m? It seems low, but what people have to remember is that the fee is irrelevant.

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: April 9, 2012, 07:58:55 pm »
Why do you think they should have won the league?

£400m.
@Samee
In Leicester?

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2012, 10:12:06 am »
The City owners need one signing this summer, Mourinho.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2012, 11:53:26 am »

good post Juan, but this is RAWK so fuck off with your honest straight from the head common sense nonsense, Mancini is a knob and shite manager yeah, get it straight you pansy.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2012, 08:29:55 am »
Just heard on the radio that a kid, who noticed that Mancini eats fruit pastilles when on the Man City bench, sent him two tubes of them with a nice letter. Kindof puts the whole thing in perspective. We wouldn't want our manager going through the same crap would we. Of course Mancini wrote back to the kid saying that it was fans like him that made him love the club.

So yeah, thought that was nice.
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2012, 09:01:09 am »
How is Mancini considered an even decent manager?

Look at his CV... if it wasn't for the referee corruption saga (which there's no evidence of) in the Serie A, he wouldn't have won a thing.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2012, 09:15:15 am »
The City owners need one signing this summer, Mourinho.

Just hope they don't go for Guardiola. He's hopefully got too much class for that lot.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2012, 09:52:12 am »
Just using the same word as you man.

Thing is though, the first season Ranieri had money at Chelsea they finished 2nd and got to the Champions League semi-final and he isn't the greatest manager.

Mancini's better than most but his lack of accomplishment at City so far with the resources he's had available has been shite.

Chelsea were already an established top 6 side when abramovich came in with his money. They had also won a couple of FA cups and a league cup in the few years before that. It wasn't as if they were starting from scratch.

On the other hand, City have been nowhere near the top of the league for as long as i can remember. They were playing in the Championship less than ten years ago. When the Abu Dhabi money came in they had to spend big if they wanted to challenge because they didn't even have the foundations of a squad that could finish in the top 6. They spent all the money to progress quickly because they are up against clubs who have consistently spent big over the last 20 years to maintain their position in the top 4.

In 2.5 seasons Mancini has won them their first trophy in about 40 years, got them a third place finish last season and likely a second place finish this season.

Yes, they've bottled the league title challenge this season but they're up against a club and manager who has consistently won league titles for the last 20 years and know how to get the job done. Not many of that City squad have the experience of winning a league title.

I think Mancini deserves another season and from his comments i think he realises he needs to get rid of some of the players in his squad which will make way for him to bring new players in.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2012, 11:08:52 am »
I see he has come out moaning about lack of signings again. He really is like a spoilt kid at times.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2012, 11:11:24 am »
He wanted a cb to play with kompany.he wanted the fringes moved on.marwood has done neither.

That's all he said

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2012, 11:14:09 am »
Seeming as they only won the league on goal difference but have not signed anybody, he will probably be sacked if they dont make an impression in the champions league & all the players he wants out are still their would say he has every reason to have a moan!

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2012, 11:16:27 am »
The amount he has spent maybe they shouldn't be issues now? But then it comes down to the old "who is responsible for transfers". I can't imagine City aren't willing to spend, somehow.

Plus, what good does moaning in public do? I actually think they need a couple of players too, but my point is more that when you have had the resources he has had maybe he shouldn't be saying anything in public because to the average person it looks spoilt.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 11:18:39 am by Tom_B »
We're on our way to glory...

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2012, 11:19:21 am »

You were saying Roberto?

Offline Flinstone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2012, 11:53:50 am »
Doesn't that include thakshin's reign?

Offline mb1111

• fucking rubbish poster
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2012, 12:21:24 pm »
He's always whining, whether it's about transfers or being a prick on the touchline asking for yellow cards. He's a beaut, wish Gerrard had battered him in the tunnel that time.

Offline RedHopper

• Hopping to a mightily lofty position and enjoying the view. If only custom titles could be in proportion to the member's average post length? My, what fun we could have! Imagine the sheer edification to be derived from testing the character limi
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2012, 01:35:42 pm »
He's always whining, whether it's about transfers or being a prick on the touchline asking for yellow cards. He's a beaut, wish Gerrard had battered him in the tunnel that time.

He has something to whine about. This is going to make his life a lot more difficult than he would like, and he might wind up getting fired over it. The current manchester city team is a bubble, created by the continual injection of huge amounts of cash. They've dragged themselves up the table by hurling a succession of very expensive players at the team. A lot of them haven't worked out, but this has been more than compensated for by adding a genius like David silva, or  sergio aguero. City won the league by the continual addition of more and more firepower. But their spending further back in the team has been less successful.

Now they've stopped further inflating the bubble, and now we're going to see if the bubble has any leaks. He can't solve deficiencies in defence (where Kompany is their only truly world class performer) by just throwing another couple of fullbacks at the problem, and hoping that they will sort it out. Instead he's going to have to do something about improving the players at his disposal. i'm not sure he's all that good at that.

Someone like Jose mourinho is also unafraid to spend a hell of a lot of money when the opportunity arises, but he buys players to weld into a powerful team unit. He adds something to the party other than signing good players, he makes them play better together, and thus gets even more out of them. This is what mancini can't do. It's why Rafa was so easily able to brush him aside in 2008 even when we weren't in the best of form in the league. Rafa had a very good understanding of how the team should fit together, particularly in defence. Inter Milan just didn't have that, and were efficiently picked off by a better organized, vastly less expensive team. Even when mancini when man city keeping a lot of clean sheets in 2010-11, it was because tevez was frequently the only player in the opposition half. Anyone can do that, the challenge is marrying good defending to attacking enough to win a league, or winning in europe.

Even then they don't look great in a couple of other areas. They look particularly thin in central midfield where Gareth Barry is 31 and as slow as a house. Nigel De Jong is permanently out of favour, and his contract expires at the end of the season, with no sign of them offering him a new one. Yaya Toure is a fantastic player in a lot of respects, but if you believe that he's 29, I have a bridge I want to sell you.

When Mancini was in a similar position an inter milan, he was able to win consecutive serie A titles by assembling a massively expensive squad, with an overwhelming force of attacking players. But every time they went into europe, they would get knocked out at the first knockout hurdle. After losing to us, with a team that was being paid twice as much as ours, and cost nearly three times as much, Mancini threw an enormous tantrum and quit his job in march, before skulking back to see out the end of the season. Last season he had massive blow outs with Tevez, ballotelli and Dzeko. He's a man who loves a good fight, and I can see it happening again this season. It's just the way he is.

Things would be a lot easier for him if they could have sold tevez, dzeko, adebayor, kolorov and kolo toure. However no-one can afford to pay what man city are asking, and have no interest in paying the insane wages these players are on. It's going to be very interesting to see how things unfold this season. It's a very volatile club, with an explosively volatile manager, and some very volatile players. I'd be slow to automatically expect success given how unstable the whole thing is.

Offline U13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2012, 01:52:39 pm »
Yaya Toure is a fantastic player in a lot of respects, but if you believe that he's 29, I have a bridge I want to sell you.

What suggests he isn't 29?

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2012, 02:12:23 pm »
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2012, 02:15:01 pm »
What the fuck has Tony Pullis been spending £60million on? Peter Crouch and a lifetime's supply of posh baseball caps?!
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2012, 02:23:26 pm »

You were saying Roberto?

Sly Sports indeed. When Rafa was here they'd try their absolute best to distort figures and have Liverpool only behind Chelsea and City.
@Samee
In Leicester?

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2012, 02:25:04 pm »
What the fuck has Tony Pullis been spending £60million on? Peter Crouch and a lifetime's supply of posh baseball caps?!

Palacios and Kenwyne Jones for 8m and most of the other signings in last 3/4 years been about 3-5M, the problem Stoke have is they don't recoup much on selling players which is how most smaller sides balance their books.

Offline fosspowered

• Legacy Fan
  • More of an IDK than ITK.
    • FOSSPowered
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2012, 02:29:09 pm »
Net Spend is a load of shite. "Oh look Arsenal have negative net spend." FFS, wages get more money off your books than the transfer spends, and Arsenal aren't "19th" in that.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2012, 02:30:03 pm »
Had no idea how low Spurs & Uniteds figures were but Stoke!  :o

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2012, 02:38:23 pm »
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/7982260/Mancini-plays-down-chances

I like how he plays the press and Mr Alex Ferguson... United favourite again this season..

Between the lines he always gives away some football facts, that it doesn´t make any sense to buy players ten days before the window closes. He is a very good manager, typical italian football school, there is no doubt about that.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2012, 02:58:43 pm »
to be fair to Mancini, his signings have been mostly very good.

It's Hughes' expensive flops that are leeching off City's resources, and make it impossible for him to chase after targets this summer.

Offline RedHopper

• Hopping to a mightily lofty position and enjoying the view. If only custom titles could be in proportion to the member's average post length? My, what fun we could have! Imagine the sheer edification to be derived from testing the character limi
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2012, 04:25:10 pm »
What suggests he isn't 29?

The ages of west african footballers are notoriously unreliable I'm afraid. The issue is that it is very easy for players to get falsified, but official documents, and even if you don't want to do it, you kind of have to, because otherwise you'll be one of the few u-17 players in the u-17 league or the u-17 national team, when the foreign scouts are looking, and therefore you will be at a massive disadvantage. The exceptions to this rule are players who moved to europe at a very young age, such as drogba. Drogba really is 34, which is why he was scoring a goal in the champions league final, while samuel eto'o, who made his international debut at the eyecatching age of 15, is playing in russia since the age of 31. Ask any nigerian you meet about yakubu being 29, or Kanu only being 36 and they will die laughing. I watched the u-20 world cup final between argentina and nigeria in 2005 in a bar packed with nigerians, and they were complaining bitterly about the referee, but they did also all cheerfully admit that most of their team was at least 23 and that mikel was 22. (this was in 2005, so he's about 29-30 now) Paletta and messi played for argentina in that game. 

Offline mb1111

• fucking rubbish poster
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2012, 04:32:00 pm »
Yaya Toure is a fantastic player in a lot of respects, but if you believe that he's 29, I have a bridge I want to sell you.

Them beating you to the title still hurts doesnt it?

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2012, 04:38:21 pm »
The ages of west african footballers are notoriously unreliable I'm afraid. The issue is that it is very easy for players to get falsified, but official documents, and even if you don't want to do it, you kind of have to, because otherwise you'll be one of the few u-17 players in the u-17 league or the u-17 national team, when the foreign scouts are looking, and therefore you will be at a massive disadvantage. The exceptions to this rule are players who moved to europe at a very young age, such as drogba. Drogba really is 34, which is why he was scoring a goal in the champions league final, while samuel eto'o, who made his international debut at the eyecatching age of 15, is playing in russia since the age of 31. Ask any nigerian you meet about yakubu being 29, or Kanu only being 36 and they will die laughing. I watched the u-20 world cup final between argentina and nigeria in 2005 in a bar packed with nigerians, and they were complaining bitterly about the referee, but they did also all cheerfully admit that most of their team was at least 23 and that mikel was 22. (this was in 2005, so he's about 29-30 now) Paletta and messi played for argentina in that game. 

All well and good but Yaya isn't Nigerian. And if you want to claim that Yaya is older than 29, you will have to come up with better proof than what you might think.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2012, 04:41:47 pm »
The exceptions to this rule are players who moved to europe at a very young age, such as drogba. Drogba really is 34, which is why he was scoring a goal in the champions league final, while samuel eto'o, who made his international debut at the eyecatching age of 15, is playing in russia since the age of 31.

Samuel Eto'o moved to Europe the year before Didier Drogba and Yaya Toure moved there a couple of years after Drogba.

Nice story, though.

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2012, 04:44:04 pm »
All well and good but Yaya isn't Nigerian. And if you want to claim that Yaya is older than 29, you will have to come up with better proof than what you might think.

I get the idea that they have an unfair advantage when they're younger, if they really are 3 or 4 years more developed than the opposition but I don't understand how Toure being say 33, as opposed to 29, gives him an advantage? That would mean he's already peaked and is on his way down?

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2012, 04:44:31 pm »
Yaya was in the Arsenal- Bevern- Some academy in Africa with a friend of Wengers running the place set up there was a few years back which Kolo Toure & Eboue came through so would say his age is correct due to him being in that system from a young age. If he was 29 how old does that make Kolo!

Its pretty easy to brush all African players with having a false age but I am not aware of any players from the Ivory Coast doing this the majority were Nigerians.