Author Topic: Roy to be sacked & Dion Fanning article  (Read 199138 times)

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Roy to be sacked & Dion Fanning article
« Reply #2520 on: January 5, 2011, 01:56:50 pm »
I hate Alan Green. He's a commentator but he can't help himself to tell you his thoughts rather than tell you what's happening on the pitch.

Green has got more right over the years than he's got wrong. It's not easy to have a commentating persona and a separate phone-in host persona and he does clearly have more than one role. Cut him some slack; he's not London-centric and he's no fan of Ferguson, he's a million times better than TalkS***t and he's probably the most Liverpool-friendly footballing person on the radio.

Offline StevieG80

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2521 on: January 5, 2011, 01:58:33 pm »
This is LFC we are talking about - not a merry go round where coaches take turns. We should want the best manager possible. The one with the most accolades; the best experienced in England; being used to work with less money than his competitors; most able to turn our form around ASAP etc. And Rafa is still the best choice; how is that even an argument?

That some fans are bitter? The grand majority of fans would want him over Hodgson. That the media doesn't like him? Who gives a shit?

Maybe that's why I opened the thread; but I'd seriously like to understand the opposition against him. Arguments like "he had a bad last year" don't cut it for me. Exactly, he only had one bad year and in that year he was consistently at odds with the owners, fighting off all-comers, etc.

There were just as many asking for his head as were not at the time but people seem to forget very quik. For me he made too many mistakes, used bad tactics and had enough years and spent enough money to make the leap but never managed it and i am entitled to that opinion mate and i don't have to conform to what you think, right or wrong.
There are many arguments banded about regarding this including winning champs league with mostly Houlier's team, suggestions that his number 2 was the real mastermind and that it all fell apart when they parted company. He has done a sterling job (not) at Inter who have great players etc. Substitutions were bad, he seemed to upset players, the player even agreed he had to go, now you all want him back all of a sudden?? And as for the durther response from the other idiot ... very mature and a good comeback ....not

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #2522 on: January 5, 2011, 02:01:01 pm »
suggestions that his number 2 was the real mastermind and that it all fell apart when they parted company.
Just picking one at random from your astonishing list of innacurate fallacies, but we finished 2nd in the league with 86 points the season AFTER Pako left.

Offline Brave Lee Flea

• Kopite
  • Brave Lee turned his tail and fled....
« Reply #2523 on: January 5, 2011, 02:01:32 pm »
First thought of that only but thought it could maybe announced after the match.  Maybe tomorrow morning.  In time for the FA cup game against the Mancs. 
I don't think they're going to sack him.

I think they've got too many people around with too much of a vested interest in defending how the club came to be in this position. Possibly the only voice around them with any footballing knowledge is Kenny but it's possible that they don't see him as being objective because it is widely known that he asked for the job in the summer.

I think it's really very likely that, backed by the overwhelming majority of the media, FSG are being fed a very distorted view of the situation, one which reflects well on everybody currently employed at the club and which reflects very badly on us the fans.
I'm a believer.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2524 on: January 5, 2011, 02:03:42 pm »
Interesting. Just heard the same thing from three different people..

CEO (according to this rumour) wants Roy gone ASAP. And this will happen Monday.

Dunno if it's bollocks - but interesting it's come from three difference sources..
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #2525 on: January 5, 2011, 02:04:53 pm »
One thing, has the prematch interview been made ?  That'd be some sort of sign if roy wasn't doing it..at least fuel to the rumours.  Could of course be FSG's way of keeping him away from microphone to minimize damage being made in that respect ;)

I doubt a pool of sharks, Cerberus and 14 Ninjas could keep Roy from a microphone.   :P

There's no way he's going today. If anything, they'll wait to have a replacement ready to go or wait till Roy loses a game (again).

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #2526 on: January 5, 2011, 02:05:34 pm »

Mrs Allerton, Ma Allerton and the neighbour's dog?

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2527 on: January 5, 2011, 02:05:37 pm »

CEO (according to this rumour) wants Roy gone ASAP. And this will happen Monday.

Dunno if it's bollocks - but interesting it's come from three difference sources..
Any word on who this CEO might be mate?

Offline No.7 The King

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2528 on: January 5, 2011, 02:05:42 pm »

Now I'm starting to remember what hope feels like.

Offline RedRabbit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #2529 on: January 5, 2011, 02:05:56 pm »

Do we have one of these?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2530 on: January 5, 2011, 02:06:18 pm »
Any word on who this CEO might be mate?

Nope.

I wouldn't get your hopes up - might just be that people saw the twitter/rumour and then put 92 + 91 = 4..

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2531 on: January 5, 2011, 02:06:58 pm »
Do we have one of these?

No. That's the other bit of the current rumour that one has been appointed and will be unveiled Monday.

At least if it isn't a load of bollocks we haven't got long to wait to prove/disprove it.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #2532 on: January 5, 2011, 02:07:03 pm »

Are any of those three sources on the same cruise as King Kenny?   ;)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2533 on: January 5, 2011, 02:07:28 pm »
Mrs Allerton, Ma Allerton and the neighbour's dog?

I don't listen to that dog any more after that bum steer he gave me for the National.

Offline Yakyb

• Kopite
  • Wirralien Born and Bred
« Reply #2534 on: January 5, 2011, 02:08:22 pm »

so we have a  CEO ready to join us (or be promoted) and he wants Roy gone before he starts? or is his first action to be to sack him?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2535 on: January 5, 2011, 02:08:22 pm »
Are any of those three sources on the same cruise as King Kenny?   ;)

No. But I know they're not wearing their shoes..

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2536 on: January 5, 2011, 02:08:46 pm »
I read that Kenny was on holiday with his family. Does anybody know when he's back as nothing is likely to happen until then!

Offline ..Bruiser..

• A liver bird upon me chest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #2537 on: January 5, 2011, 02:09:17 pm »

if that turns out to be true then they obviously haven't held out much hope of winning at Old Trafford. The WUM Roy lovers would have a field day if that happened.
96 friends we'll never forget
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #2538 on: January 5, 2011, 02:10:47 pm »
Why would you wait until Monday? I realise that if we somehow win our next two games it means nothing as far as Hodgson is concerned but if we do and then sack him, it will make us look a right set of c*nts in the eyes of the media.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2539 on: January 5, 2011, 02:11:50 pm »
Why would you wait until Monday? I realise that if we somehow win our next two games it means nothing as far as Hodgson is concerned but if we do and then sack him, it will make us look a right set of c*nts in the eyes of the media.

Dunno. Pretty much everything the club does at the moment (And for the last 4 years) has been a complete mystery to me.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #2540 on: January 5, 2011, 02:11:57 pm »
Nope.

I wouldn't get your hopes up - might just be that people saw the twitter/rumour and then put 92 + 91 = 4..

I have three texts from different people, just mates, not sources or that claiming he has gone, turns out two of them have admitted its from twitter, the other one has not told me where he got it from, i reckon twitter.

Not doubting your info, just mad how things spread so quickly

Offline S24 LFC

• For Sale!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Part of the establishment
« Reply #2541 on: January 5, 2011, 02:12:56 pm »

but if those 3 sources got it off the same source.... then....d'oh
Our round the world trip.

www.getjealous.com/sas091011

Offline RedRabbit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #2542 on: January 5, 2011, 02:13:06 pm »
No. That's the other bit of the current rumour that one has been appointed and will be unveiled Monday.

At least if it isn't a load of bollocks we haven't got long to wait to prove/disprove it.

Nice one.

If a new CEO is appointed next week I think the best thing he could do would be to get shot of Roy straight away. Would send a real message that FSG's reign here has begun in earnest. Getting rid of an unpopular manager on his first day would be a good start for someone in a new job. And would also lay down the law to a few others in the place, about exactly who is in charge.

But, as you say, could be all bollocks. We'll have to wait and see.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2543 on: January 5, 2011, 02:14:30 pm »
I have three texts from different people, just mates, not sources or that claiming he has gone, turns out two of them have admitted its from twitter, the other one has not told me where he got it from, i reckon twitter.

That's the problem - people hear something then put it up hoping to be seen as 'one in the know'.

I'm clearly not one that's ever been in the know - so I can post it and everyone can take it at face value without worrying about a shitload of messages/tweets/emails from their mates.

Probably a load of cock -but saying that it's been a long old search for a CEO - so you never know. And you'd think that any new man would want to stamp his authority on the club sooner rather than later.

Should be interesting.

Offline Red Dane

• Kopite
  • Probinate nobis similibusque
« Reply #2544 on: January 5, 2011, 02:14:41 pm »

lol
Every power draws its ultimate consequences at every moment. Supposing that this also is only interpretation-and you will be eager enough to make this objection?-well, so much the better. (Nietzsche; Beyond Good & Evil, p. 30-31).

Offline RedinExile

• credulous ingratiating simpleton
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2545 on: January 5, 2011, 02:14:44 pm »
There were just as many asking for his head as were not at the time but people seem to forget very quik. For me he made too many mistakes, used bad tactics and had enough years and spent enough money to make the leap but never managed it and i am entitled to that opinion mate and i don't have to conform to what you think, right or wrong.
There are many arguments banded about regarding this including winning champs league with mostly Houlier's team, suggestions that his number 2 was the real mastermind and that it all fell apart when they parted company. He has done a sterling job (not) at Inter who have great players etc. Substitutions were bad, he seemed to upset players, the player even agreed he had to go, now you all want him back all of a sudden?? And as for the durther response from the other idiot ... very mature and a good comeback ....not
Thanks for the joke post; a sort of parody of the shit and incorrect conclusions of the sky-washed legion? Well done, I like it. Sadly, like you I despair that some fools actually believe this nonsense.
There are always more fortresses to torch.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #2546 on: January 5, 2011, 02:16:29 pm »

That's the problem - people hear something then put it up hoping to be seen as 'one in the know'.

I'm clearly not one that's ever been in the know - so I can post it and everyone can take it at face value without worrying about a shitload of messages/tweets/emails from their mates.

Probably a load of cock -but saying that it's been a long old search for a CEO - so you never know. And you'd think that any new man would want to stamp his authority on the club sooner rather than later.

Should be interesting.

Indeed, the thought that nothing happening is painful and unlikely, its only a matter of time
Nice one.

If a new CEO is appointed next week I think the best thing he could do would be to get shot of Roy straight away. Would send a real message that FSG's reign here has begun in earnest. Getting rid of an unpopular manager on his first day would be a good start for someone in a new job. And would also lay down the law to a few others in the place, about exactly who is in charge.

But, as you say, could be all bollocks. We'll have to wait and see.

I like this idea, think we need a strong CEO and a strong board, something we have not had in a long long time

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2547 on: January 5, 2011, 02:17:26 pm »

Twitter is the devils work.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2548 on: January 5, 2011, 02:19:42 pm »
I've heard he's staying till at least the end of the season.

Marvin Gaye told me.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2549 on: January 5, 2011, 02:22:10 pm »
The club leaks information at an alarming rate, like water through a sieve. People fall over themselves trying be the first to report the inside knowledge. I wonder if any of these rumours have anything to do with NESV, trying to work out where the leaks are coming from. I know there are senior sources, but there seems to be a lot more than just a couple of people involved.

Offline NotBeenInAigburthSince2008

• Kopite
« Reply #2550 on: January 5, 2011, 02:22:20 pm »
Just read an article saying Trappatoni has had a stroke.

HODGSON FOR IRELAND

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2551 on: January 5, 2011, 02:22:45 pm »
I think he's staying too.  Does that mean confirmation ?
I wouldn't know if he's religious or not to be honest.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2552 on: January 5, 2011, 02:24:35 pm »

Marvin Gaye told me.

don't tell me... he heard it through the grapevine.

Offline RedinExile

• credulous ingratiating simpleton
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2553 on: January 5, 2011, 02:25:17 pm »
When I read posts like that one, I think they are windups so poster can get many responses ond notice.

Btw, congrats on the 2k posts.

Thanks chief, amazed to get this far without a lifetime ban haha. Only another shite 18000 to go to catch up with Chops :wave :-*
There are always more fortresses to torch.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2554 on: January 5, 2011, 02:26:15 pm »

Marvin Gaye told me.

He told you whats going on ? 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #2555 on: January 5, 2011, 02:27:08 pm »
Sometimes I hate Twitter loads of rumours going around that Hodgson will be sacked tomorrow.

This must be about the fifth game this season he was going to be sacked after.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #2556 on: January 5, 2011, 02:28:40 pm »

Marvin Gaye told me.

YES !!!

Let's Get It On

Offline RedRabbit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #2557 on: January 5, 2011, 02:30:13 pm »
Just read an article saying Trappatoni has had a stroke.

HODGSON FOR IRELAND

Has he!!. Where did you read that?

And if you ever put "Hodgson" and "Ireland" in the same sentence, I'll hunt you down and skin you alive!!  >:( ;)

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2559 on: January 5, 2011, 02:32:23 pm »

Marvin Gaye told me.

Hear it through the grapevine did ya?