Author Topic: Roy to be sacked & Dion Fanning article  (Read 199050 times)

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
Re: Roy to be sacked & Dion Fanning article
« Reply #2480 on: January 5, 2011, 12:53:54 pm »
Astonished by this

"I can also, with no attempt at modesty, point out we have played 10 difficult games in Europe without even using the bulk of our first-team players and we have reached the last 32 of the Europa League.

A journalist at one of his press conferences needs to grow a pair and just say "so what?"

He's getting far too easy a ride. He's embarrassing the club
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2481 on: January 5, 2011, 12:57:38 pm »
tempted by André Villas Boas because of this

FC Porto 27   24   3   0   65   14   88.89

He basically has a 90% win percentage with porto

That is an amazing record- surely this guy is worth a chance? he has a massive reputation, is fluent in english/spanish/portuguese and that record speaks for itself.

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2482 on: January 5, 2011, 01:00:19 pm »
Astonished by this

"I can also, with no attempt at modesty, point out we have played 10 difficult games in Europe without even using the bulk of our first-team players and we have reached the last 32 of the Europa League.

we were an away goal from the final last year and our boss got sacked. so he can fuck off with that. UEFA cup is a piece of piss to do well in, its really frigging easy.

Pheeny

« Reply #2483 on: January 5, 2011, 01:01:33 pm »
Listen mate, when you speak up for Rafa, the politburo delete your threads and put you on the watched list. I reckon Cecil has influence everywhere.
care to elaborate on that comment?

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2484 on: January 5, 2011, 01:03:40 pm »
Rumours on twitter that Roy has signed his papers to leave.  Please please let this be true. 

Yes, I know its twitter and its not the most reliable but heres hoping eh !

T14WSH Tage Herstad
 by JooneyRotten
Latest... Roy has signed his forms to leave. Please let it be the truth... Not confirmed, but of a good source ;-) #for #lfc
13 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Captain Wolf Biscuit

• There's a really funny story behind this actually. I'm captain of my local team and at one xmas party I wolfed down a soggy biscuit and behold! My username was born!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long Live The King
« Reply #2485 on: January 5, 2011, 01:08:42 pm »
Rumours on twitter that Roy has signed his papers to leave.  Please please let this be true. 

T14WSH Tage Herstad
 by JooneyRotten
Latest... Roy has signed his forms to leave. Please let it be the truth... Not confirmed, but of a good source ;-) #for #lfc

Twitter is driving me insane. I know 99% of the information on there is bollocks but everytime I see something like this I become very hopeful.

It won't be true though. Hodgson will be sitting on the sidelines tonight rubbing his face like always.
"Liverpool is my home and I will be back" - Rafa Benitez

An Internet Terrorist and proud of it.

Offline ..Bruiser..

• A liver bird upon me chest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #2486 on: January 5, 2011, 01:09:28 pm »
Listen mate, when you speak up for Rafa, the politburo delete your threads and put you on the watched list. I reckon Cecil has influence everywhere.
You obviously don't remember the Purslow thread. MichaelA was on it a lot and clearly hates Cecil. The thread reluctantly got locked because of liable things like his address being posted. The thing is that loads of threads become Rafa threads when they're nothing to do with him and they all become the exact same thread. I love Rafa and I bet at least half the mods do too, there's a lot of people who love him and stick up for him but they're fed up with every thread being about it.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2011, 01:11:07 pm by ..Bruiser.. »
96 friends we'll never forget
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2487 on: January 5, 2011, 01:10:09 pm »

T14WSH Tage Herstad
 by JooneyRotten

Unlikely that some scandinavian fella on twitter would hear about it first. Seen loads similar to this that were bollocks too.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #2488 on: January 5, 2011, 01:10:12 pm »

T14WSH Tage Herstad
 by JooneyRotten

I will do a streak around Ewood park tonight if this is true....cant see it though to be honest....i've give up hope that they are gonna get rid of him until the summer
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline henry

• Anny Roader
  • My chicken is better than yours
« Reply #2489 on: January 5, 2011, 01:11:55 pm »
if the chelsea manager feels he is still lucky to have his job after guiding his over-the-hill, granddads 11 to top four safety, within striking distance of the leaders and safely into the last 16 of the champions league, why on gods earth is roy hodgson still liverpool manager? it is beyond ridiculous. millions unemployed yet someone so inept and incompetent can remain in such a well paid, high profile position.

that is the different between a world class manager and a "so-call" manager.

that is the different between a man who hasn't won a LMA and a man who did.

that is the different between a manager in the 21st century and one who still living in the 80's
It is not impossible, its just improbable

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #2490 on: January 5, 2011, 01:12:07 pm »
Twitter just seems like a mecca for wind up artists and attention seekers.

Offline Red Dane

• Kopite
  • Probinate nobis similibusque
« Reply #2491 on: January 5, 2011, 01:13:55 pm »
I will do a streak around Ewood park tonight if this is true....cant see it though to be honest....i've give up hope that they are gonna get rid of him until the summer

It is cold - ya know, but i have a bigscreen TV, so... ;)
Every power draws its ultimate consequences at every moment. Supposing that this also is only interpretation-and you will be eager enough to make this objection?-well, so much the better. (Nietzsche; Beyond Good & Evil, p. 30-31).

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #2492 on: January 5, 2011, 01:14:40 pm »
It is cold - ya know, but i have a bigscreen TV, so... ;)

pixelated penis

Offline Roy of the rovers

• TORY Supporter - proof being he voted for Blair...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2493 on: January 5, 2011, 01:17:36 pm »
It would be very difficult to sack Roy if we won at Old Trafford. I think that's the crunch match for him.

Sorry, but that's rubbish. If he wins 15-0, he can talk about it forever, but he's still a shite manager

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
« Reply #2494 on: January 5, 2011, 01:18:35 pm »
they're all from very good sources! none of them real though, just the imaginary friends of fuckin weirdos you wouldn't trust your kids with.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #2495 on: January 5, 2011, 01:18:35 pm »
Is this the same Alan Green that does five live?

Alan Green: Your time is up Roy, the Liverpool owners have to wield the axe

If the players, as Joe Cole says, and the club’s American owners, as the manager maintains, are all behind Roy Hodgson then it would be really good to hear what their reasoning is because, looking on from the side, I can find none.

I’m generally not one who wants to see any manager sacked, not even Sam Allardyce, but there can be little seen over a pretty disastrous six months that should see Hodgson staying on as Liverpool boss.

Indeed, the argument is strengthening that the club will not make any progress until he goes.

Cole’s late and probably ‘illegal’ winner against Bolton on Saturday may have bought a stay of execution but, to me, the manager signed an effective death warrant with his comments after last week’s calamitous defeat by Wolves.

Hodgson sticks his foot in his mouth almost every time he opens it but this was surely a step too far.

Referring to the club’s fans, he said “that famous Anfield support has not been there” since he arrived.

Now there may be SOME substance to that.

There was certainly NO Merseyside acclaim at the arrival of the former Fulham manager but, then, Liverpool supporters generally were distinctly underwhelmed by the club’s choice to succeed Rafa Benitez. That doesn’t lessen their support for the team.

And, boy, has their patience been extended!

Hodgson said people should judge him after 10 games. Well, it’s double that time now and fans aren’t waiting any longer.

In my experience, Liverpool supporters are almost unrivalled in terms of unswerving loyalty to the team and no other club’s fans get close to their knowledge of the game.

Simply, they don’t like what they’re seeing under Hodgson and now don’t feel there’s the remotest chance of that changing while he remains.

The manager’s tactics are negative and frequently clueless, particularly away from Anfield: even AT Anfield!

Remember the defeats to Blackpool and Northampton as well as to Wolves.

Worse, Hodgson insults intelligence when he so frequently talks up such opponents.

He would never dare risk offending the feelings of an opposing coach by saying ‘we should never have lost to that lot and certainly wouldn’t if we hadn’t been so poor.’ He should.

Liverpool, supposedly, were in revival after one of the worst starts they’ve ever made to a season yet they’ve taken only 10 points from the last eight games and it would have been ‘eight from eight’ if Joe Cole’s effort had been ruled off-side.

You can only hope that the silence of the owners doesn’t mean they don’t know what’s going on.

If you accept the argument that a proper replacement for Hodgson can’t be found until the summer, get someone like Kenny Dalglish in as a stopgap.

You can’t surely allow Hodgson to spend money in this transfer window and risk him wasting it on players like Paul Konchesky?

He may, of course, stagger on himself until May but not if they lose to Blackburn tomorrow night and not if they get mullered at Old Trafford on Sunday: surely not?

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/columnists/alan-green/alan-green-your-time-is-up-roy-the-liverpool-owners-have-to-wield-the-axe-15045136.html#ixzz1AANouQhq

Pheeny

« Reply #2496 on: January 5, 2011, 01:19:06 pm »
RAWK just seems like a mecca for wind up artists and attention seekers.
:wave

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2497 on: January 5, 2011, 01:20:25 pm »
it will be terry, constantly attacking rafa when he was here, gobshite i reckon, although cant dissagree on him here.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #2498 on: January 5, 2011, 01:21:20 pm »
it will be terry, constantly attacking rafa when he was here, gobshite i reckon, although cant dissagree on him here.
That's what I was thinking.
I reckon he's been lurking on here..

Offline Dreamlord

• Main Stander
« Reply #2499 on: January 5, 2011, 01:27:10 pm »
more from the same tweeter:

@T14WSH Tage Herstad
More about the same coming around now. Surely it has to be right? Different sources, but message the same. Think he take to his wings soon..

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2500 on: January 5, 2011, 01:27:34 pm »
can someone please tell me which page the Fanning article is on?

Cheers

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• The Floater in Camerons Toilet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2501 on: January 5, 2011, 01:30:10 pm »
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

And all that would happen after he apologises to the United manager, staff, and probably the fans too.

You say that it jest....but I could see it happening!

Jensen, do me a favour, stop being so reasonable. It's doing my bonce in!  :P
The wheels on my house go round and round, round and round..........

"I don't care about pollution, I'm an Air-Conditioned Gipsy, That's my solution, Watch the police and the tax man miss me, I'm mobile"

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #2502 on: January 5, 2011, 01:31:53 pm »

T14WSH Tage Herstad
 by JooneyRotten

He had to wink didn't he...

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #2503 on: January 5, 2011, 01:32:13 pm »
MIGHT be something in that Tweet.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2504 on: January 5, 2011, 01:32:24 pm »
more from the same tweeter:

@T14WSH Tage Herstad
More about the same coming around now. Surely it has to be right? Different sources, but message the same. Think he take to his wings soon..

That twitterer is a WUM of the highest order

Offline zaphriel

• Main Stander
« Reply #2505 on: January 5, 2011, 01:35:03 pm »
Just for interest when do you think that the latest date roy can be sacked and relegation avoided?

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2506 on: January 5, 2011, 01:35:18 pm »
if the chelsea manager feels he is still lucky to have his job after guiding his over-the-hill, granddads 11 to top four safety, within striking distance of the leaders and safely into the last 16 of the champions league, why on gods earth is roy hodgson still liverpool manager? it is beyond ridiculous. millions unemployed yet someone so inept and incompetent can remain in such a well paid, high profile position.

Top 4 safety ?  They're 5th and 9 points behind top.
I wouldnt call that top 4 safety or within striking distance.
They're the current champions and FA Cup holders and surely top 2 was a minimum requirement for them this season.
They're been on a slippery slope since they came to Anfield. In my opinion their problems were always liekly to happen if Drogba stopped firing on all cylinders
I have every confidence Hodgson will be gone very soon. I get the feeling we are holding out for someone like Villas Boas or Deschamps though. Give me either Villas Boas, Deschamps, Rijkaard, Laudrup or Allardyce* and day though, As to why we havent put someone temporary in place is beyond me though but I would say we are 1 bad result away from a new manager of some sort - surely.

*You didn't really believe that did you ?

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #2507 on: January 5, 2011, 01:36:20 pm »
MIGHT be something in that Tweet.

I'm sure there is. Lies and a plea to pay attention to the tweeter.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #2508 on: January 5, 2011, 01:38:33 pm »
The tweeter could be edging his bets, lets face it we all know its only a matter of time, so its just waking up one day posting a tweet and getting lucky. If we have 14 tweeters on here and we get into a pact that we will take it in turns over the next 14 days to each say he is leaving today, the chances are one will be correct and be proclaimed the oracle.

I cant see it being today with a game tonight.

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2509 on: January 5, 2011, 01:39:08 pm »
In response to Zeus' post above,

I agree (ish). We the fans should all rally round to spur the our club on and trust that the owners will make the correct decisions, as so far they have given no reason for us not to.

But I can understand the frustrations of a lot of fans. Ridding the two cancers should have been the catalyst to really spur the whole club on to levels our history deserves. But as the manager lingers, forcing us further and further from the Liverpool ways on the pitch, then can anyone really blame the fans for drifting away from it in the stands?

The ownership issue is in the past and I really hope that we can push on under what are I trust are the correct owners, but the longer Roy Hodgson inflicts his style of football on the team, the relief of the result in court just a few months ago seems more and more like a false dawn.

Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2510 on: January 5, 2011, 01:43:06 pm »
That twitterer is a WUM of the highest order

I only posted it here because Jim Boardman and Andy Heaton both commented upon it and I thought they were reliable reds and there might be something to this story. 

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #2511 on: January 5, 2011, 01:43:08 pm »
Used to like Alan Green many moons ago until he started to disappear up his own backside.

Pretty much spot on with his comments, but then again it's not hard to, the facts are pretty much laid out for him. To argue anything else would be mad and would point to a hidden agenda (like many other journos)
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline ElSheak

• Poster Boy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Royal Liverpool FC
« Reply #2512 on: January 5, 2011, 01:45:38 pm »
All gone quiet on Twitter from the usual following. No doubt ringing round all their best sources trying to get to the bottom of it all. Keep on churning.
"This very valuable asset..." No Tom. We are not an 'asset'. We are Liverpool Football Club.

Superlicious Istanbul 2005 poster – now available and seen here! (© Adrian Newell)

Offline DM Red

• no it wasnt a knee jerk - just a jerk....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2513 on: January 5, 2011, 01:47:44 pm »
we were an away goal from the final last year and our boss got sacked. so he can fuck off with that. UEFA cup is a piece of piss to do well in, its really frigging easy.

we were a typical Glen Johnson lapse in concentration away from the final to be more exact.

Offline kvarmeismydad

• Might regale ya with tales of footballing genitalia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2514 on: January 5, 2011, 01:48:51 pm »
I hate Alan Green. He's a commentator but he can't help himself to tell you his thoughts rather than tell you what's happening on the pitch.
@paulair

Offline kvarmeismydad

• Might regale ya with tales of footballing genitalia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2515 on: January 5, 2011, 01:51:04 pm »
Also if you had any inside info on Roy leaving in what circumstances would you then be influenced to say he's 'signed his forms'. What a load of rubbish.
@paulair

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #2516 on: January 5, 2011, 01:52:34 pm »

ffs, can you leave it till Sunday? Cant catch a flight to get there earlier ;)  Much the same as my intentions if & when etc etc  :butt
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #2517 on: January 5, 2011, 01:52:46 pm »
 On a matchday as well... Absolute bollocks.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline RicoAlbert

• Main Stander
  • Victory is fleeting, greatness endures.
« Reply #2518 on: January 5, 2011, 01:53:45 pm »
Also if you had any inside info on Roy leaving in what circumstances would you then be influenced to say he's 'signed his forms'. What a load of rubbish.

More to the point, exactly what forms are these?

The guy who said this on Twitter seems to be fairly genuine from correspondence I've had with him in the past.

Just hoping it's true.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2519 on: January 5, 2011, 01:53:55 pm »
On a matchday as well... Absolute bollocks.

First thought of that only but thought it could maybe announced after the match.  Maybe tomorrow morning.  In time for the FA cup game against the Mancs.