Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2882859 times)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: Mohamed Salah - FWA and PFA Player of the Year Signs New 5 Yr Deal
« Reply #8760 on: April 9, 2019, 10:28:48 pm »
That tracking back was superb and testament to the spirit which exists between these players.

The one after our first corner, sprinting back to our box...it was almost as enjoyable as his goals. An absolute joy to watch.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8761 on: April 9, 2019, 10:34:05 pm »
I see the diving git stayed on his feet and tried to score instead of bellyflopping and getting an opponent sent off for a professional foul. Fucking cheating again.

He’s getting a reputation.  ::)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8762 on: April 9, 2019, 10:37:29 pm »
The one after our first corner, sprinting back to our box...it was almost as enjoyable as his goals. An absolute joy to watch.

It's a shame some people don't notice just how much more there is to his play then his attacking. As you say, he's a joy to watch.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8763 on: April 9, 2019, 10:42:27 pm »
Yeah, that was great to see. You won't see many of the world's top strikers doing that.

Online kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8766 on: April 10, 2019, 06:59:08 am »
Brilliant cover that
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8767 on: April 10, 2019, 07:07:16 am »
Would be nice if it got giffed. (Is that a verb?)
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #8768 on: April 10, 2019, 07:16:18 am »
Would be nice if it got giffed. (Is that a verb?)
Never look a giffed horse in the mouth
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #8769 on: April 10, 2019, 07:59:35 am »
Could there be retrospective action from UEFA on Salahs tackle ?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8770 on: April 10, 2019, 08:02:19 am »
Could there be retrospective action from UEFA on Salahs tackle ?

Doubt it as  was reviewed by VAR

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #8771 on: April 10, 2019, 09:05:06 am »
Doubt it as  was reviewed by VAR
Ok
Didn’t think it was reviewed by Var

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8772 on: April 10, 2019, 09:07:34 am »
Great to see him make that challange last night.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #8773 on: April 10, 2019, 09:15:04 am »
This is hyper critical....but I'd have liked to have seen him go down on that challenge when through 1on1.

Kudos for staying on his feet and trying to score n all that, but lets face it nobody gives a shit the hundreds of times he does that sorta thing and will only focus on the soft ones he goes over on.

At that point in the game.....1 goal up....would have been 1 man up....tie over I think
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Redknight60

• Main Stander
« Reply #8774 on: April 10, 2019, 09:50:23 am »
This is hyper critical....but I'd have liked to have seen him go down on that challenge when through 1on1.

Kudos for staying on his feet and trying to score n all that, but lets face it nobody gives a shit the hundreds of times he does that sorta thing and will only focus on the soft ones he goes over on.

At that point in the game.....1 goal up....would have been 1 man up....tie over I think
I see what you are saying but far from a given we would have come away with a tie ending result just because they went down to ten. They switched to a more defensive style after going 0-2 and actually dealt with us well so they likely would have gone to that immediately going down to ten. Also the chance to go 2 up by staying on his feet was massive, I think he did the correct thing.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #8775 on: April 10, 2019, 09:54:39 am »
I see what you are saying but far from a given we would have come away with a tie ending result just because they went down to ten. They switched to a more defensive style after going 0-2 and actually dealt with us well so they likely would have gone to that immediately going down to ten. Also the chance to go 2 up by staying on his feet was massive, I think he did the correct thing.

Granted. We might not have necessarily gone on to batter them....and yeah they would have sat back a bit more

Think we would have got the same result atleast.....with more minutes for our fringe players....an easier game for us due to the man advantage too....and one of their CB's being suspended for the next leg....

But yeah neither here nor there now. Salah played well yesterday, just wasn't coming off for him at certain times.
He will be fired up for the weekend i'd expect, really hope he gets a goal against Chelsea
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8776 on: April 10, 2019, 09:55:32 am »
Hats off to him seeing the danger last night when Porto were breaking as that was tremendous cover as showed he is a team player all the way. Brilliant cover and another reason why we are lucky to have such a character in the team. A pure humble genius.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8777 on: April 10, 2019, 10:05:16 am »

Know what you're saying but the media shitstorm would have lasted weeks (not that I'm arsed about it myself, but the penalty stuff looks like it got to him)

Will be interesting to see whether Mo gets hung out to dry about the challenge - the fact he was held is already being glossed over. Whenever the media favourites do one like that, it gets explained away by the old "he's not that type of player" excuse, wonder if he'll benefit from the same level of understanding given that he really is not that type of player.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8778 on: April 10, 2019, 10:57:59 am »
https://twitter.com/MagicMo11LFC/status/1115703943462563840

Some of the comments in that about Mo's "stamp" :lmao

I wouldn't have argued with the card but equally it wasn't malicious either.  Of course we've seen them given, and plenty of players get red carded over unintentional contact like this.  To read those comments though, you'd think Mo had tried to slice the guy's leg open.

The Porto player could have made a meal of it, but didn't, so kudos on that.  Equally Mo could have gone down earlier but didn't.

It was a great game of football, but sadly incidents like this detract from the quality of the game.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jdet90

• Kemlynite
  • Up the Reds
« Reply #8779 on: April 10, 2019, 01:35:16 pm »
I can't remember a goal this season where he's cut in and curled it far corner.

Basically his trademark last year. He's got to find one eventually...

I also really don't get this view on the 'red card'. He's just trying to place his foot down over the far side of the ball to shield it, it's not even a tackle. How people can call it a 'stamp' is beyond me. I wouldn't expect a red card for any player for that.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8780 on: April 10, 2019, 02:12:50 pm »
No retrospective action. Awesome.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8781 on: April 10, 2019, 02:16:54 pm »

Would have had one last night were it not for Bobby blocking it!

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8782 on: April 10, 2019, 03:28:33 pm »

Basically his trademark last year. He's got to find one eventually...
Would have had one last night were it not for Bobby blocking it!
Bobby just stood where he thought Mo was least likely to put it. ;D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #8783 on: April 10, 2019, 04:52:17 pm »
I also really don't get this view on the 'red card'. He's just trying to place his foot down over the far side of the ball to shield it, it's not even a tackle. How people can call it a 'stamp' is beyond me. I wouldn't expect a red card for any player for that.

That rings a bell that there was a similar argument for a Pogba 'stamp' earlier this season, can't remember if he got punished for it though.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #8784 on: April 10, 2019, 04:55:41 pm »
That rings a bell that there was a similar argument for a Pogba 'stamp' earlier this season, can't remember if he got punished for it though.

He didn't get sent off for it.  Pogba has done it twice that I remember, exact same sort of motion, trying to step over the ball to shield it and catching the opponent high up his leg.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #8785 on: April 10, 2019, 05:43:25 pm »
It’s a red because it’s reckless endangerment of an opponent - it doesn’t matter what his intent is
He was honestly trying to get the ball but the result is the problem. Players can’t come over the ball like that
Luckily for us the law wasn’t applied - things are going our way at the moment

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8786 on: April 10, 2019, 06:00:53 pm »
It’s a red because it’s reckless endangerment of an opponent - it doesn’t matter what his intent is
He was honestly trying to get the ball but the result is the problem. Players can’t come over the ball like that
I don’t think it was. There wasn’t excessive force.  The player didn’t even react when it happened.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8787 on: April 10, 2019, 06:07:35 pm »
He didn't get sent off for it.  Pogba has done it twice that I remember, exact same sort of motion, trying to step over the ball to shield it and catching the opponent high up his leg.

Didn't he get a second yellow for doing it in one game?

I remember Adebayor got a red card for the same thing against us, during his Arsenal days I think.

This. Intent's got nothing to do with it. Think we benefited from VAR being a bombscare. They might have accounted for the foul(s) on Mo moments before, which is daft when you consider the ref is supposed to punish dangerous actions regardless of whether the game is live.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8788 on: April 10, 2019, 06:09:47 pm »
I don’t think it was. There wasn’t excessive force.  The player didn’t even react when it happened.

I don't think those things are relevant -- it was dangerous, even if no damage was done.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8789 on: April 10, 2019, 06:10:34 pm »
I don't think those things are relevant -- it was dangerous, even if no damage was done.
Is excessive force not one of the criteria?
W

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8790 on: April 10, 2019, 06:13:09 pm »
Is excessive force not one of the criteria?

It can be if it's a sliding tackle that gets the ball, but is considered too dangerous. But I don't think it needs considering/applies when the ball is entirely missed and the full boot goes studs first onto a players shin

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8791 on: April 10, 2019, 06:17:28 pm »
I don't remember such a fuss being made when Joe Gomez got his leg broken. It's simply incredible how the moment its one of our players every pundit is up in arms about it.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8792 on: April 10, 2019, 06:17:48 pm »
If Hazard did that to Virgil on the weekend, I think there'd be a lot of people changing their opinions on the foul. It was a red, in my opinion. There wasn't too much force for sure and it certainly wasn't meant, but in terms of the letter of the law, it's a red card for me. He missed the ball and went over it, studs first and quite high up on the leg. I'm glad he wasn't sent off as it would have felt a bit unjust but I can totally see why rival supporters have been up in arms about it.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #8793 on: April 10, 2019, 06:17:58 pm »
Had my own training so I didn't see the match until just now, but that's a possible red card. He's a lucky boy:

Better looking than Samie.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8794 on: April 10, 2019, 06:19:40 pm »
Had my own training so I didn't see the match until just now, but that's a possible red card. He's a lucky boy:

And I suspect the force of the impact was very low which is why he got off.
W

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8795 on: April 10, 2019, 06:22:12 pm »
And I suspect the force of the impact was very low which is why he got off.

Standing almost full weight on a players shin while his leg is grounded is as close an example of being "in danger of injuring an opponent" that I can think of outside of deliberate violence

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8796 on: April 10, 2019, 06:23:04 pm »
I don't remember such a fuss being made when Joe Gomez got his leg broken. It's simply incredible how the moment its one of our players every pundit is up in arms about it.

I get your point mate. But at the same time, if it was someone like Gini/Origi/Shaqiri/Robbo, I don't think it would be talked about as much either. Of course the media/pundits will talk about it when it's Salah. They'd do the same if it was Hazard/Kane/Alli/Sterling too, IMO. Big players are talked about more and criticised more simply because the spotlight is on them and rival supporters want to read/hear about them fucking up.

I don't think it's down to it being a Liverpool player per-se, it's just the way the media works.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #8797 on: April 10, 2019, 06:24:42 pm »

I think the difference is that Mee got the ball and was sliding through because of the wet conditions, but for all intents and purposes it was a clearing tackle. But also, wasn't Gomez's leg break when he hit the hoardings, rather than from the tackle itself? I'm a bit hazy on that one.
Better looking than Samie.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8798 on: April 10, 2019, 06:27:57 pm »
I get your point mate. But at the same time, if it was someone like Gini/Origi/Shaqiri/Robbo, I don't think it would be talked about as much either. Of course the media/pundits will talk about it when it's Salah. They'd do the same if it was Hazard/Kane/Alli/Sterling too, IMO. Big players are talked about more and criticised more simply because the spotlight is on them and rival supporters want to read/hear about them fucking up.

I don't think it's down to it being a Liverpool player per-se, it's just the way the media works.

I understand the point your making but I respectfully disagree. I just think they exaggerate everything to do with Salah, I suspect they want to drive him out of Liverpool altogether. It's the way the media are, the moment we are making progress. Look at the "diving" incidents before, pundits praying for Salah's soul while blatantly ignoring English players diving on a regular basis. There is never the same fuss about diving when a Kane, Ali or Sterling does it. But the whole world resounds with outrage when they accuse Salah of it.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8799 on: April 10, 2019, 06:30:20 pm »
I think the difference is that Mee got the ball and was sliding through because of the wet conditions, but for all intents and purposes it was a clearing tackle. But also, wasn't Gomez's leg break when he hit the hoardings, rather than from the tackle itself? I'm a bit hazy on that one.

The point Klopp made at the time and I agree with him was that the Burnley player wasn't in control espeically with the extra slippery conditions. Once he made contact he couldn't control what happened next and there was no way Gomez could do anything other than colllide into the hoardings. Sometimes you need to be a bit more cautious.