Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4161195 times)

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #60520 on: July 20, 2019, 11:54:07 pm »
Victor Loughlin doing his best to make sure Rivas couldn't create any last minute drama. Whyte was winning this all day long but the ref actions in the 12th is why there shouldn't be british refs in big fights.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #60521 on: July 20, 2019, 11:54:47 pm »
Whyte has improved technically over the last year. He used the jab and body shots really well and demonstrated great resilience following the knockdown.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60522 on: July 20, 2019, 11:55:46 pm »
He looked good but saw nothing new. Still doesnt trouble the big 3 for me

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #60523 on: July 20, 2019, 11:59:32 pm »
He’s definitely improved but he always gives you a chance. And he doesn’t get up if AJ or Wilder connect. And he doesn’t outbox or knock out Fury
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #60524 on: July 21, 2019, 12:03:38 am »
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #60525 on: July 21, 2019, 12:10:37 am »
Might put Chisora v Price together. Thats a good support bout
God no. Chisora would wreck him in quick order.

He’s definitely improved but he always gives you a chance. And he doesn’t get up if AJ or Wilder connect. And he doesn’t outbox or knock out Fury
I think he gives Wilder a hard night myself. Whyte will outbox Wilder and could take him out if he hurts him. Wilder is REALLY not a high quality boxer; he just has an anvil for a right hand along with athleticism and speed.

Fuck knows how AJ will rebound. Agreed that Fury is a bad style matchup.

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60526 on: July 21, 2019, 05:12:47 am »
well we have a fight here lads!

Offline King_doggerel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60527 on: July 21, 2019, 06:03:34 am »
the senator does it again. what a fight.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60528 on: July 21, 2019, 06:16:02 am »
I tried my best but I just couldn't stay awake. Happy for Pacman. What a boss man

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60529 on: July 21, 2019, 06:19:42 am »
Pacquiao is a beast, how is he beating a top young fighter like Thurman at 40 years old? Glad he shut up Thurman though

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60530 on: July 21, 2019, 08:44:55 am »
Now going to head Amir call out Manny for the next 6 months/year FFS. Amir just needs to fight Brook.

Manny should be calling out Mayweather though and I can see Manny V Mayweather 2 happening now.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60531 on: July 21, 2019, 09:00:41 am »
Now going to head Amir call out Manny for the next 6 months/year FFS. Amir just needs to fight Brook.

Manny should be calling out Mayweather though and I can see Manny V Mayweather 2 happening now.

If Pacquiao does agree to fight Khan next....

www.samaritans.org

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #60532 on: July 21, 2019, 09:06:45 am »
Pacman will go for the winner of Spence Porter next. I doubt Khan v Brook will ever happen and even if it did, would anyone even be interested.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60533 on: July 21, 2019, 09:07:31 am »

No thanks.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60534 on: July 21, 2019, 10:11:44 am »
Pacquaio was rolling back the years again this morning. Convincingly beat an unbeaten World Champion 10 years younger.

Have heard Dave Allen has a broken orbital which is the same injury suffered by Kell Brook against Golovkin & Spence.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 10:16:33 am by Alf »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60535 on: July 21, 2019, 10:29:10 am »

Do you ever give up? You go on about it more than Khan does.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #60536 on: July 21, 2019, 01:35:04 pm »
Do you ever give up? You go on about it more than Khan does.

I was just about to fight that. I think every single post in here from Fordy ends with "Khan just needs to fight Brook"

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60537 on: July 21, 2019, 02:20:25 pm »
Pacman v Crawford being muted next. I don't like that fight for Pacman but then again I didn't like this fight for him so what the hell do I know

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60538 on: July 21, 2019, 02:23:17 pm »
It isn't a boxing thread without Fordy imploring Khan to fight Brook

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60539 on: July 21, 2019, 03:27:50 pm »
Pacman v Crawford being muted next. I don't like that fight for Pacman but then again I didn't like this fight for him so what the hell do I know

Well it's Spence V Porter on 28th of Sept.

Crawford wants to fight Spence Jr and Manny wanted to fight Crawford last year, so I can see Manny V Crawford happening.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60540 on: July 21, 2019, 03:32:25 pm »
Well it's Spence V Porter on 28th of Sept.

Crawford wants to fight Spence Jr and Manny wanted to fight Crawford last year, so I can see Manny V Crawford happening.
But what about Khan vs Brook? Where do you stand on that one? I feel you are yet to share with us your thoughts on that potential bout.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60541 on: July 21, 2019, 03:46:06 pm »
But what about Khan vs Brook? Where do you stand on that one? I feel you are yet to share with us your thoughts on that potential bout.

Khan chases money. He acts like Rocky chasing the chicken in a Rocky film.

Knows if he loses to a UK based fighter that chasing that chicken is a non starter.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60542 on: July 21, 2019, 04:14:42 pm »
Khan chases money. He acts like Rocky chasing the chicken in a Rocky film.

Knows if he loses to a UK based fighter that chasing that chicken is a non starter.

You know Pacquiao is world champion, right Fordy?  ;D

The ‘like Rocky chasing a chicken’ analogy though....that was um....yeah, that didn’t make a jot of sense either. The rest of your post was um....

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60543 on: July 22, 2019, 01:40:41 pm »
Fuckin' knew Pacman would win, Put a bet on it.  8)

Is Fordy cleaning Brooks arse still?  ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60544 on: July 24, 2019, 07:50:44 am »
such sad news

Maxim Dadashev dies after boxing injuries sustained against Subriel Matias

Russian boxer Maxim Dadashev has died at the age of 28 following injuries suffered in his IBF light-welterweight fight against Subriel Matias.

Dadashev was reportedly unable to walk to the dressing room after his bout was stopped by trainer Buddy McGirt at the end of the 11th round on Friday.

He was hospitalised with bleeding on the brain and underwent emergency surgery but failed to recover.

The Russian Boxing Federation says it has opened an investigation.

Secretary general Umar Kremlev suggested there was "some kind of violation", adding in a statement: "We lost Maxim Dadashev. He was our young prospect.

"We will fully support his family, including financially. We will complete the investigation into the circumstances surrounding this fight, we need to know the truth about what happened.

"This happens in any sport. I think some human factors intervened, there was some kind of violation."

USA-based Dadashev had won all of his previous 13 fights but had to absorb a barrage of punches from Puerto Rican Matias during the course of the fight in Maryland.

McGirt had said afterwards he "could not convince" his fighter to stop, but opted to throw in the towel when he saw him "getting hit with more and more clean shots as the fight went on".

The Russian Boxing Federation said that after the fight, Dadashev's condition worsened and doctors diagnosed a cerebral edema and a "difficult" surgery took place, but his heart stopped on Tuesday.

Northern Ireland's former world champion Carl Frampton was among those to pay tribute, saying on Twitter: "Saddened to hear about the passing of Maxim Dadashev. Deepest condolences to his friends and family. RIP."

British boxing promoter Eddie Hearn added: "So terribly sad to hear the news of the passing of Maxim Dadashev. Rest in peace."

Offline King_doggerel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60545 on: July 25, 2019, 12:49:37 am »
so Whyte pops dirty for a banned substance it seems. not looking good for matchroom. if true, did Eddie know about this before the fight?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60546 on: July 25, 2019, 04:00:46 am »
so Whyte pops dirty for a banned substance it seems. not looking good for matchroom. if true, did Eddie know about this before the fight?

We await further details but judging from Hearn's tweet it looks like Whyte probably did pop dirty.

Hearn makes reference to them being 'cleared to fight' but stops short of saying the failed test is 'fake news'. to be honest, when has a report like this ever been fake news?

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60547 on: July 25, 2019, 08:53:51 am »

I heard this morning that the results were known on the 17th but he was 'cleared to fight' but that was more than likely because it was too close to fight date and waiting on a B test result.

It's not looking good for Whyte as such a strong story would of been battered away by now but no one has come out and said it's not true.

Whyte was banned for 2 years in 2012 and if he's done it again then that could be him finished.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60548 on: July 25, 2019, 08:56:50 am »
'Pop dirty'

Is this new hipster talk?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60549 on: July 25, 2019, 09:10:12 am »
'Pop dirty'

Is this new hipster talk?

pop/pee is interchangeable to me, or we could just say failed test I guess

Gonna be interested to see what Hearn says about this, in addition to his flaky initial statement

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60550 on: July 25, 2019, 11:02:40 am »
I heard this morning that the results were known on the 17th but he was 'cleared to fight' but that was more than likely because it was too close to fight date and waiting on a B test result.

It's not looking good for Whyte as such a strong story would of been battered away by now but no one has come out and said it's not true.

Whyte was banned for 2 years in 2012 and if he's done it again then that could be him finished.

Why would he be finished? Miller failed a test in 2014, another this yr and all he got was a 6 month suspension from a WBA sanctioned event. Whyte could get a 6 month suspension, and technically remain in line for WBC title shot early next yr

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60551 on: July 25, 2019, 11:11:01 am »
Why would he be finished? Miller failed a test in 2014, another this yr and all he got was a 6 month suspension from a WBA sanctioned event. Whyte could get a 6 month suspension, and technically remain in line for WBC title shot early next yr

Worst that will happen is that he will be removed from rankings by WBC. The UK public will be more unforgiving, especially with the jabs he has been aiming at AJ all this time

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60552 on: July 25, 2019, 11:15:14 am »

Because the British public let him off once and he worked his way into the hearts of many. Now he will just be labelled a full on cheat.

Miller never got to the level of Whyte. No one really cares about him.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60553 on: July 25, 2019, 12:28:19 pm »
Worst that will happen is that he will be removed from rankings by WBC. The UK public will be more unforgiving, especially with the jabs he has been aiming at AJ all this time

Tyson Fury says hi, from his multi million pound mansion

I think Whyte can comeback from this

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60554 on: July 25, 2019, 12:35:00 pm »
such sad news

This is tragic.

Some boxers don't know when it's time to give up.  There's always a risk the worst can happen.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60555 on: July 25, 2019, 01:17:44 pm »
Not sure what I make of today's news to be honest, Eddie Hearn said on Monday in a couple of interviews that fingers would be pointed at Manny Pacquiao because there was no testing for his fight with Thurman. Might explain Whyte's muted reaction to becoming mandatory to the WBC title if he beat Rivas last week.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60556 on: July 25, 2019, 03:59:04 pm »
Tyson Fury says hi, from his multi million pound mansion

I think Whyte can comeback from this

Redemption story. I wont say on here what I think about Fury's 'journey' because I would get peltered

Whyte can come back from it no doubt, this masterchef stint might help in that regard

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60557 on: July 25, 2019, 09:10:20 pm »
If he's caught twice he should be banned for life.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #60558 on: July 25, 2019, 11:01:43 pm »
Redemption story. I wont say on here what I think about Fury's 'journey' because I would get peltered

Whyte can come back from it no doubt, this masterchef stint might help in that regard
When has that ever stopped you before mate?  ;D

RIP Dadashev - Another reminder of what fighters put on the line each time.

As for Whyte, it seems as if half of the best fighters are on PEDs these days! I know 'relatively' few have been caught before anyone says anything! He is facing a ban; the question is: Will they throw the book at him or give him a slap on the wrist?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60559 on: July 25, 2019, 11:08:24 pm »
Whyte's going to make a statement tomorrow according to Eddie Hearn.