Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - 1 Norwich  (Read 163622 times)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 1 - 1 Norwich
« Reply #680 on: September 20, 2015, 06:53:18 pm »
Fat Sam :lmao
got to a cup final, unlike rodgers

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #681 on: September 20, 2015, 06:53:40 pm »

Mate no harm but you are deluded.

What did he say that wasn't factually true (including the bit about it being poisonous in here)

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #682 on: September 20, 2015, 06:53:54 pm »
Lol - did you actually watch the match?
Our shape was the best it's been all season and we produced more shots and chances than we have all season
Seriously what kind of simpleton do you have to be to think 3 cbs means more defensive and not think beyond that  ?!

Yawn..

Have you actually noticed yet who we were playing today?

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #683 on: September 20, 2015, 06:53:55 pm »

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #684 on: September 20, 2015, 06:53:57 pm »
Yeah, but he won't be. Not after any sample of enough games. We're 6 games into the season. We're 2 points off Arsenal who are in 5th and a point ahead of Chelsea who are 15th. It's not like our rivals for the CL places have started on fire and we're falling behind. The league table is a comparative tool; it's not an absolute gauge.

Are people seriously that dense that they can't understand that the team will get better and we're too early in the season to be writing it off? Whether Rodgers is good enough or not will be shown eventually; but it won't be this early in the season.

'That dense' because we don't agree with you? Look at our October fixtures. Do you honesty think we'll pick up more than 4 points there? How do you know the team will 'get better'. What evidence is there for this? If by getting better you mean score more than one goal in a game then yes we might improve but results this year suggest we're a poor side and these recent results aren't a blip.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #685 on: September 20, 2015, 06:54:05 pm »
Already 5 points off our nearest rivals for 4th.

Our total compared to Arsenal and Chelsea is trivial, as their evident talent will get them top 4.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #686 on: September 20, 2015, 06:54:10 pm »
This is the most spurious statement imaginable. How would "most people" have felt about being four points off Leicester and being thumped by the Mancs and West Ham?

In retrospect, West Ham have also beaten Arsenal at the Emirates, and Man City at Etihad and convincingly too. The Man Utd game was a very poor defeat for numerous reasons but what people were most upset about was the performance and the lack of character and ambition in the side, rather than the scoreline. Even despite the result, you have to admit there was a big improvement in that facet today. Not saying that excuses our predicament, but be realistic.

Offline Paddock.

• Main Stander
  • Heart as big as my hometown.
« Reply #687 on: September 20, 2015, 06:54:11 pm »
There was an interesting article last night in the Independent you should have a look at if you haven't already, went into a lot of detail about what's been going on at the club over the past year and apparently FSG aren't keen on Klopp because they've been warned off him by someone.

'An end of season review at which Liverpool’s progress under the manager would come under scrutiny was always going to take place on Merseyside, but before it happened, Gordon and the club’s chief executive, Ian Ayre, worked hard to support Rodgers, arresting the rising feeling against him by presenting a staunch defence to Fenway’s principal owner, John W Henry, and its chairman, Tom Werner.'

Very interesting quote from said article.   :o
'Football works in cycles... Liverpool will be back.'

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #688 on: September 20, 2015, 06:54:14 pm »
There was an interesting article last night in the Independent you should have a look at if you haven't already, went into a lot of detail about what's been going on at the club over the past year and apparently FSG aren't keen on Klopp because they've been warned off him by someone.
probably the Harley riding midget who thought hodgson would do a better job than pellegrini

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: September 20, 2015, 06:54:21 pm »
Yes, we need to start scoring more than anything. Always look like we can concede a stupid goal so it's essential we take our chances when they come.

Or sort the fucken defence out ?

I've been told it's easy.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Johnathan

• definitely a real fan...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: September 20, 2015, 06:54:26 pm »
We played better, but Norwich were really poor too.
That's important to point out. They were giving us the ball in dangerous positions and seldom looked dangerous, and we still couldn't win. At home.

This was not a freak result against a team playing out of their skin.
See him touch Pepe's cock with his mouth :D

Offline flinner

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #691 on: September 20, 2015, 06:54:37 pm »
What did he say that wasn't factually true (including the bit about it being poisonous in here)

read his last ten posts, you are on the same boat.
"We've created an environment where a complete moron can not only survive, but thrive."

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: September 20, 2015, 06:54:37 pm »
Doesn't really matter. He is the manager he takes the blame.

Sturridge missed a one on one
Ditto Coutinho and Ings.
Milner should have scored.
Our Goalie weakly flapped at the ball and .... of course it ended up at the feet of their centre half who volley lobs defences and goalkeepers all the time ... Shit happens, again.
None of the above are Brendans fault.
As far as I remember Migs had one other shot to save (excellent save too).
We were far the superior team. What we are lacking is confidence. Simple but ....
The team and the support (and management ?) all lack confidence.

Offline dramared

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #693 on: September 20, 2015, 06:54:39 pm »
Starting with 3 centre halves at home vs a promoted championship team..

We got what we deserved.

BR needs to instil some belief in the quality we have at our disposal.

Today..,with how we setup-we were more fearful of losing the game than winning it.

For me,we shouldn't be starting home games against the calibre of Norwich with 5 defenders,

I really dont think that was the issue today. We should have easily won and rightly so with what players we have got. But we didnt and that is the issue.
Should have been three points and we fcked it up.

Three issues for me were,

1. Milner - dog shit today
2. We always look vulnerable even in dominance because we make mistakes when passing in deep positions
3. There was a good period in the game where we had too many options at times and we had nobody who wanted to take responsibility or we were trying to be too tip tappy clinical

On another note, yes Coutinho messed up and then tried his best to make amends but atleast he has the balls to try and make a keeper work. He is not the scapegoat for this result.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: September 20, 2015, 06:54:47 pm »

This is the kind of thing that worries me. At this point, it is clear that FSG, while doing an excellent job on commercial matters, and in being respectful and supportive owners of the club, know next to nothing about football.

Who are these shadowy "advisors" that are whispering in the owners' ears?

Who advised the club to hire Comolli? To hire Rodgers? To keep him after last season? To buy the players we have been buying? To fire the coaches we have fired? To do all manner of puzzling things.

Is it Rick Parry??

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #695 on: September 20, 2015, 06:55:10 pm »
4 wins in 18? Is that correct?

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: September 20, 2015, 06:55:32 pm »
Will always support the manager while he's still here, but actually starting to get to the point where I wouldn't be entirely gutted to see Rodgers & the club parting way 'by mutual consent...'

Only if we have a decent replacement lined up though. As bad as it is at the moment, Klopp is on of the few I'd have over Rodgers.. I know people keep mentioning him as being 'available,' but is he? Even if he would be interested, didn't he leave Dortmund to have a break? Surely he'd want more than a couple of months...

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #697 on: September 20, 2015, 06:55:38 pm »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #698 on: September 20, 2015, 06:55:44 pm »
They have been preoccupied with that. That maybe is why they decided to leave BR in place. They are overhauling their baseball team's operations. They probably didn't want to do an overhaul at Liverpool at the same time.

None sense, 2 different sports in 2 different countries and never the twain shall meet! Red Sox has fuck all to do with what Liverpool is about....if the management needed changing then that's what they would have done. They decided to give BR a chance to redeem himself. 1-6 thrashing at Stoke should have been the last straw!
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #699 on: September 20, 2015, 06:56:01 pm »

Yeah, but he won't be. Not after any sample of enough games. We're 6 games into the season. We're 2 points off Arsenal who are 5th and a point ahead of Chelsea who are 15th. It's not like our rivals for the CL places have started on fire and we're falling behind. The league table is a comparative tool; it's not an absolute gauge.

Are people seriously that dense that they can't understand that the team will get better and we're too early in the season to be writing it off? Whether Rodgers is good enough or not will be shown eventually; but it won't be this early in the season.

How delightfully condescending.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #700 on: September 20, 2015, 06:56:02 pm »
They have been preoccupied with that. That maybe is why they decided to leave BR in place. They are overhauling their baseball team's operations. They probably didn't want to do an overhaul at Liverpool at the same time.
Ooooh, so it took big bad ruthless FSG TWO years of last place finishes (and almost having the worst record in ALL of the American league for TWO years to finally do something?? 

FSG also got rid of their game commentator as well. Ruthless, yes sir.  ::)

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: September 20, 2015, 06:56:02 pm »

4 wins in last 15 league games I think.

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: September 20, 2015, 06:56:05 pm »

Too soon to worry mate. Believe.
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: September 20, 2015, 06:56:08 pm »
4 wins in 18, it doesn't matter who we had in charge, it isn't good enough. Not now, not ten years ago, not ever.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: September 20, 2015, 06:56:13 pm »
Will always support the manager while he's still here, but actually starting to get to the point where I wouldn't be entirely gutted to see Rodgers & the club parting way 'by mutual consent...'

Only if we have a decent replacement lined up though. As bad as it is at the moment, Klopp is on of the few I'd have over Rodgers.. I know people keep mentioning him as being 'available,' but is he? Even if he would be interested, didn't he leave Dortmund to have a break? Surely he'd want more than a couple of months...

"I am not tired. I may look tired but I am not. I am 0.0% tired," he said.

"I haven't had any contact with any other clubs but I am not planning a sabbatical."
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #705 on: September 20, 2015, 06:56:19 pm »
read his last ten posts, you are on the same boat.

So we can agree his post was accurate?

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #706 on: September 20, 2015, 06:56:40 pm »
Warned off him by who?

That decepticon that is a cassette

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: September 20, 2015, 06:56:44 pm »

it's a 5 year transition

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: September 20, 2015, 06:57:13 pm »
Carragher just said we haven't scored more than 1 goal in 18 of our last 20 games. Christ.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #709 on: September 20, 2015, 06:57:35 pm »
I think people shouldn't get their hopes up about Brendan getting the boot just yet. I think it'll need to get much, much worse before FSG become tempted to pull the trigger. Hopefully, it won't get to that point and results will improve, but I am starting to have my doubts.

Offline eryder

• Main Stander
  • The end of the match.
« Reply #710 on: September 20, 2015, 06:57:46 pm »
Should I stay or should I go now?
Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go there will be trouble
An' if I stay it will be double
So come on and let me know
Go on Brendan off you go
Billy Beane is not my lover

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #711 on: September 20, 2015, 06:57:51 pm »
Yeah, but he won't be. Not after any sample of enough games. We're 6 games into the season. We're 2 points off Arsenal who are 5th and a point ahead of Chelsea who are 15th. It's not like our rivals for the CL places have started on fire and we're falling behind. The league table is a comparative tool; it's not an absolute gauge.

Given how shit everyone else is, let's get in a top manager and win the league so.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: September 20, 2015, 06:57:56 pm »

Go on then, you tell me what you see getting better? Genuinley im fascinated cos your picturing something very different to what im expecting from facing the bitters, spurs and the Chelsea next month. Im seeing a couple of draws at best, with a good wind. A couple of scabby nil-nils and thats being positive

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #713 on: September 20, 2015, 06:58:00 pm »
Carragher just said we haven't scored more than 1 goal in 18 of our last 20 games. Christ.

Stop being dense etc.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: September 20, 2015, 06:58:08 pm »
Anonymous call from someone with a Northern Irish accent apparently

:wellin

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: September 20, 2015, 06:58:33 pm »

Relentless attacking football?  :P
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: September 20, 2015, 06:58:41 pm »

These surely can't be true :o say it ain't so
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: September 20, 2015, 06:59:10 pm »
I think people shouldn't get their hopes up about Brendan getting the boot just yet. I think it'll need to get much, much worse before FSG become tempted to pull the trigger. Hopefully, it won't get to that point and results will improve, but I am starting to have my doubts.
i, like you are fully expecting him to be in charge for Huddersfield away at the start of next season

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #718 on: September 20, 2015, 06:59:17 pm »

Other than the names of the other teams this post could be taken word for word from this point last season.
It doesn't matter what other teams are doing. You can't assume we will get better. Last year we got worse until Rodgers improvised a 3-4-3, but even then as soon as the sacking pressure eased we went back to his 4-3-3 and fell apart again culminating in Gerrard's last game being a 6-1 mauling at the hands of Stoke.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Online downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #719 on: September 20, 2015, 06:59:17 pm »
We are THE only side in the league not to have scored more than 1 goal in any of their games so far this season.

Strange, because I was told here in summer that Rodgers' footballing philosophy is all about relentless attack and "Goals".