Author Topic: Stefan Bajčetić  (Read 179911 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Stefan Bajčetić
« Reply #1440 on: September 21, 2023, 08:59:07 pm »
He’s so calm, never panics, he’s always in control.  He’s not player I ever worry about
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #1441 on: September 21, 2023, 09:48:13 pm »
He’s so calm, never panics, he’s always in control.  He’s not player I ever worry about
Yep, his composure on the ball is incredible for someone his age. Good to see him back and looking forward to seeing more growth this season.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1442 on: September 21, 2023, 09:57:16 pm »
Fantastic performance given how long he’s been out - no idea what his best position will be but really fun watching him develop

Offline RF

• Are we there yet?... is it open?... where are we?... what's that?...it's a lazy twat! Is my card marked?.. Yes it is?
  • Kopite
« Reply #1443 on: September 21, 2023, 09:58:09 pm »
Macmanaman talks some shite, Bajcetic was class.
Oh and Endo is not really bringing anything so far. Early day and all that though I suppose.

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1444 on: September 21, 2023, 10:17:30 pm »
Loved having him back, played very well for his first match back and in a new role. He covered loads of ground and was brilliant in possession.
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #1445 on: September 21, 2023, 11:21:52 pm »
I’m thinking if he could do Trent’s role? Has both the playmaking and defensive capabilities that position requires.  In the game against Villa, Trent was interchanging with Matip and going central too, which i think Baj would be comfortable with.  Would love to see us try this in either EL or LC.

I was thinking he had the tools as an understudy for Trents role in the team, was good to see it in action tonight.  Needs to build up the minutes slowly, and he’ll be a real asset to the team. 

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1446 on: September 22, 2023, 12:57:53 am »
Never thought of this until the Europa game, but he could be the backup to Trent's role. Gomez seemed lost in it before... Of course, bot can learn to do it better, and neither will be as good as Trent in it, but I think Bajcetic might be the better fit.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1447 on: September 22, 2023, 02:31:56 am »
Great to have him back. In spite of the horrible pitch conditions, knitted some lovely touches and first time passes as we've come to expect. The tactical switch at half time to ensure he was the first option to receive the ball from Kelleher/CBs laid the foundations for the improved performance, as his bravery technique and passing was on another level and opened up better avenues

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1448 on: September 22, 2023, 04:51:06 am »
I had discussed that I didn't think he was suitable for this role but he looks suitable to do pretty much anything on the pitch. Lovely footballer. Even taking some setpieces.

Mind you, I think this inverted fullback role is daft. Just play him in midfield.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #1449 on: September 22, 2023, 06:49:46 am »
Not sure how he'd do as a more conventional rightback but he's pretty much as natural an inverted rightback backup to Trent as you'll find!

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1450 on: September 22, 2023, 06:55:10 am »
Clearly rusty but still a class act. Looks to have bulked up as well, really looks first 11 ready.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1451 on: September 22, 2023, 07:05:04 am »
Good run out after being out for months.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1452 on: September 22, 2023, 07:11:54 am »
Thought he did alright but also looked way off the pace, which is understandable.  It'll be at least 5 games before he's properly up and running, but great to see him back.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #1453 on: September 22, 2023, 08:17:39 am »
Still hard to believe he's only 18.

Composed, versatile, never panics, great passing and ball control, and a tough tackler. You can also tell all the other players trust him to receive the ball under pressure, and he's already got a Gini-like ability to shield the ball and play his way out of danger.

It's easy to see him becoming a world class 6 or CM for us, plus he's clearly good enough to occassionally fill in as a RB or CB which is a massive bonus. Going to be great watching him develop over the next few years.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1454 on: September 22, 2023, 08:49:32 am »
Thought he struggled when isolated one on one out wide, but happy as larry when he was in the middle. His touch, passing and tackling is generally excellent. I'd have no issue with him starting as a 6 at the moment. I would have an issue with him as RB or whatever we call that nowadays.

He could grow into that position, but if there's one worry about him, it's his acceleration, but that's something that may come back/appear once he get's fully fit.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1455 on: September 22, 2023, 10:37:49 am »
Thought he looked better whenever he drifted into the middle. But then it's easier to get involved in the game in the middle.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1456 on: September 22, 2023, 10:44:29 am »
He’s not a right back so if he found it tricky out there it’s no surprise. He is though a 6 and I’d be playing him there as much as possible in Europe. We know he’s good enough to start games for us and we know he’s the future. Would rather put Endo at right back if we’re desperate for someone to play there.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1457 on: September 22, 2023, 11:07:14 pm »
He’s not a right back so if he found it tricky out there it’s no surprise. He is though a 6 and I’d be playing him there as much as possible in Europe. We know he’s good enough to start games for us and we know he’s the future. Would rather put Endo at right back if we’re desperate for someone to play there.
The Thing is Endo needs to learn how to be able to play in MF for Liverpool so getting him up to speed is the goal there. Maybe it be will be switched around at some point but right now it fine

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #1458 on: September 24, 2023, 11:24:54 pm »
Do we know if Stefan was injured today or just having his minutes managed?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1459 on: September 24, 2023, 11:27:13 pm »

Guessing it's the latter due to him starting the next.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1460 on: September 25, 2023, 12:13:44 am »
Guessing it's the latter due to him starting the next.
yeah I think we're seeing essentially 2 squads forming up, with some overlap of course.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1461 on: September 25, 2023, 12:17:16 am »
Fairly sure he will start Wednesday against Leicester

Offline Currywurst

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1462 on: September 25, 2023, 12:45:03 am »
[/quote

Played the full match against LASK, his first game after ages out, so his time needs to be managed.
Füreinander, nicht jeder für sich.

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Kopite
« Reply #1463 on: September 25, 2023, 12:46:36 am »
I think our bench is getting a bit crowded that he doesn't even have a spot. The only spot he could take is arguably Quansah's. When Trent's back, Gomez will take that spot and when Thiago's back, one of Endo/Tsimikas/Elliott will have to make way. Of course we won't have a 100% injury free squad but there must be at least 2-3 players injured for Baj to make the squad.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1464 on: September 25, 2023, 12:50:30 am »
Maybe for a couple of months but once he get back to full fitness, he will at minimum make the bench.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Currywurst

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1465 on: September 25, 2023, 12:53:09 am »
I think our bench is getting a bit crowded that he doesn't even have a spot. The only spot he could take is arguably Quansah's. When Trent's back, Gomez will take that spot and when Thiago's back, one of Endo/Tsimikas/Elliott will have to make way. Of course we won't have a 100% injury free squad but there must be at least 2-3 players injured for Baj to make the squad.

We do seem to have an embarrassment of riches on the bench. Elliott has done really well coming on in recent matches, but even he stayed on the bench.Ironic after the struggles we had at times last year, but a very welcome problem.
Füreinander, nicht jeder für sich.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #1466 on: September 25, 2023, 05:34:25 pm »

In the Lask game, there was an instance of him chasing a ball carrier down the channel - he looked like he couldn't fully sprint and did a sort of hobbled run. Later he just tripped him for a yellow.  Imo he is still not 100% fit.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1467 on: September 28, 2023, 12:04:24 am »
That little minute spell where he got back in along Ibou and got in a vital foot, then played one of the most glorious balls to Nunez.

Such a talent.
AHA!

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1468 on: September 28, 2023, 12:06:18 am »
That little minute spell where he got back in along Ibou and got in a vital foot, then played one of the most glorious balls to Nunez.

Such a talent.
Probably the only negative on the night was we didn’t see more of this kid
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1469 on: September 28, 2023, 08:08:26 am »
Klopp intimated they'll be very careful with him. They seem spooked with how Bajcetic's body reacted to the run in the team he had last season.

Seems like they'll be using him only sporadically in the near future. It's probably for the best.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1470 on: September 28, 2023, 08:32:06 am »

Yep, and
Klopp intimated they'll be very careful with him. They seem spooked with how Bajcetic's body reacted to the run in the team he had last season.

Seems like they'll be using him only sporadically in the near future. It's probably for the best.

yep.

That said. The little we saw of him.. Oo, there's a proper talent in there.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1471 on: September 28, 2023, 09:15:28 am »
What a relief for his longer term prospects that we can afford to use him so sparingly. You could imagine another world where he played a lot more than would be ideal simply because we didn’t have any other option. But instead the midfield area is totally transformed. With any luck by this time next year he’ll be ready to take up a much more significant role at 6 and we’ll avoid needing to buy another midfielder.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1472 on: September 28, 2023, 10:34:17 am »
Badger is ace!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 01:22:22 pm by Draex »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1473 on: September 28, 2023, 11:33:41 am »
That's not Baj....

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1474 on: September 28, 2023, 01:20:42 pm »
That's not Baj....

but it is a right little psycho who miscontrolled a pass, went mad at himself, and has a Candy Man death stare...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1475 on: September 28, 2023, 01:22:09 pm »

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #1476 on: September 28, 2023, 01:31:51 pm »
I didn't like how in the final few minutes of the match he was sort of grabbing at his hamstring and seemed to be stepping a little lightly. 

Would really like to see him get into a fairly regular rotation as the 6 as I think he's the best one we have. 

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1477 on: September 28, 2023, 02:10:56 pm »
Klopp confirmed after the game we're taking it easy with him on his way back to fitness.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1478 on: September 28, 2023, 02:15:27 pm »
Just wait till he gets his man-strength. He'll be hip tossing people left, right and centre.

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #1479 on: October 8, 2023, 09:19:09 pm »
We desperately need him healthy as he's our best #6.  Any word on when he'll be ready?

Hopefully, with the next 4 matches, we can get by with Endo or some other mix and match set up.  But once we get back into a stretch of tough matches, he's got to be in there.  Baj, then Thiago (wishful thinking I know) then Endo rotation at the 6 would be good scenario for us.