Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1889497 times)

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #6360 on: May 26, 2019, 08:50:59 am »
At the moment we have 5 midfielders fighting for 3 places. Henderson and Gini looks to be certain starters.

Its a close fight between Milner and Fabinho for the final spot. If either one loses out, its almost certain he will still get to play as a substitute.

I think Keita had little chance playing in the final.

Mental.

Fabinho will be one the first names on the team sheets and definitely the first midfielder.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #6361 on: May 26, 2019, 09:01:36 am »
The three for the final will 99% be Hendo, Gini and Fab. Milner will be the first sub.

Keith would have been fighting with Gini, and probably would’ve had a good shot.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #6362 on: May 26, 2019, 10:21:57 am »
Mental.

Fabinho will be one the first names on the team sheets and definitely the first midfielder.

While my guess is also that Fabinho will be starting, Klopp's midfield starting lineups have been anything but predictable this season, so don't think anyone in that position is a certainty to be in the first eleven.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #6363 on: May 26, 2019, 10:02:47 pm »
Mental.

Perhaps until the tail end of this season, Henderson, Gini and Milner has always been preferred in big games.

I am all for Fab starting. Hope Klopp doesn’t go for safety first.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6364 on: May 26, 2019, 10:24:19 pm »
Perhaps until the tail end of this season, Henderson, Gini and Milner has always been preferred in big games.

You really do talk some proper, utter wham  ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6365 on: May 26, 2019, 10:48:46 pm »

Couldn't be further from the truth considering Fabinho has been involved more and more as he's settled

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #6366 on: May 27, 2019, 04:51:43 pm »
The three for the final will 99% be Hendo, Gini and Fab. Milner will be the first sub.

Keith would have been fighting with Gini, and probably would’ve had a good shot.

Definitely.  Milner has been pushed down the pecking order in the second half of the season due to the form of Fabinho and Keita.  With Keita unlikely to start, an possibly play, it leaves Fabinho, Henderson and Gini as our starters.  Milner to come on later and be an important option if this goes to PK's.
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #6367 on: May 28, 2019, 03:20:42 am »
Milner is strong off the bench because we need cover at fullback and he is it.

Getting 60 in with him not on the pitch will be a good thing strangely.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6368 on: June 4, 2019, 01:42:21 pm »
Anyone else thinking this guy is going be absolutely boss next season as well?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6369 on: June 4, 2019, 01:46:00 pm »
Yep, was plenty of great signs in the final few months, was the best player on the pitch at the Nou Camp too until he was assaulted, just hope he's allowed to rest this summer and not going to the African nations otherwise he'll be late back, a bit behind etc.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #6370 on: June 4, 2019, 01:49:10 pm »
Definitely a lot to look forward to with Naby next season, hopefully he can pick up where he left off.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Teacher

• Pair Ant Even Ink
  • Main Stander
« Reply #6371 on: June 4, 2019, 03:19:54 pm »
Had high hopes for him when he arrived, but unfortunately it didn`t quite work out during the course of the year. Certain players simply need a bit more time to settle and get used to the Premier League/our style of play...I think that`s been the case with him. A couple of untimely injuries didn`t help his cause either.

Whilst next season isn`t exactly going to be make or break, I would like to see him play more consistently and get a good run of games in the team. In my opinion, he is a bit behind in the midfield pecking order at the moment. Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner and Ox are all proven PL performers, and our other new player Fabinho has been immense.

I feel that Naby will have to step up a bit and show what he is capable of. There were some signs of that last season, but I think he needs to do it more often and have a bigger impact.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6372 on: June 8, 2019, 05:16:57 pm »
Did the rest of you notice how absolutely overjoyed Keita was throughout the Final celebration in Madrid? :)

I was a tiny bit worried about his happiness vs stress levels early in 2019. He was a young man in a new country, didn't know the language, new manager, new teammates...and he was struggling on the pitch. Once Naby scored his first goals I think a great weight lifted off his shoulders.
Now he looks THRILLED to be here. So happy to see the huge smile on his face. :scarf

“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6373 on: June 8, 2019, 05:21:45 pm »
Had high hopes for him when he arrived, but unfortunately it didn`t quite work out during the course of the year. Certain players simply need a bit more time to settle and get used to the Premier League/our style of play...I think that`s been the case with him. A couple of untimely injuries didn`t help his cause either.

Whilst next season isn`t exactly going to be make or break, I would like to see him play more consistently and get a good run of games in the team. In my opinion, he is a bit behind in the midfield pecking order at the moment. Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner and Ox are all proven PL performers, and our other new player Fabinho has been immense.

I feel that Naby will have to step up a bit and show what he is capable of. There were some signs of that last season, but I think he needs to do it more often and have a bigger impact.

Before his last injury he had forced his way into the midfield.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6374 on: June 8, 2019, 05:52:21 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-bxR_YrOiw

Cant stop humming along to the NK8 song after seeing it on Keita's instagram story (I think it was there?)

Shout for Keita
Shout for Salah
Shout for Mane
Shout for Liverpool!

Offline Teacher

• Pair Ant Even Ink
  • Main Stander
« Reply #6375 on: June 8, 2019, 09:19:08 pm »
Before his last injury he had forced his way into the midfield.

Can`t honestly remember if he forced his way into the team or if it was down to rotation/injuries.

He was starting to look much better however...I hope he can continue that with a good run of games and performances when the next chance comes along.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6376 on: June 8, 2019, 09:21:56 pm »
Can`t honestly remember if he forced his way into the team or if it was down to rotation/injuries.

He was starting to look much better however...I hope he can continue that with a good run of games and performances when the next chance comes along.

Started away at Barca in CL semi, I’d argue that was a pretty good sign of him forcing his way into the side.

With regards to his celebrations - I noticed in quite a few videos he seemed pretty well liked by most of the other players (not just Mane) and was getting involved in the celebrations and not just being quite quiet - which is how he seemed when he first got here.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6377 on: June 8, 2019, 09:41:50 pm »
Hes had a stop and start season all year due to injuries but everytime hes founs rhythm he has looked good and cant wait for him to shine next season.

Offline Captain Kos

• Main Stander
« Reply #6378 on: June 9, 2019, 09:32:15 pm »
Naby is immense.
Naby has the potential to be our player of the season next year. For me, he's the most likely player to change our draws into wins.
I dream of a team of Daniel Aggers!

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6379 on: June 9, 2019, 09:37:17 pm »
Any news on if he’s fit for African nations?

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #6380 on: June 10, 2019, 03:22:43 am »
He's got a CL Winner's Medal, and knows he can win many more going forward with this team. I'm sure that will help him settle etc

Nothing to worry about, monster season ahead
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #6381 on: June 10, 2019, 05:58:05 pm »
Any news on if he’s fit for African nations?

According to the Echo, he's set to play in a friendly on Sunday...  :no

Keita set to return to action
Liverpool midfielder Naby Keita will play in Guinea’s friendly against Egypt on Sunday says their coach Paul Put.

Last month the 24-year-old suffered a groin injury against Barcelona that kept him out of the remainder of the Reds campaign.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-rumours-news-live-16392004

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6382 on: June 10, 2019, 06:02:57 pm »
We really need to be putting out foot down because Put couldn't make his incompetence and lack of care about his players any more obvious,he was saying that he would force him to play before we even knew the extent of the injury.

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #6383 on: June 10, 2019, 06:40:37 pm »
If he is not injured, I actually think it would be good for him to get more game time during AFCON. His season was so stop-start and did not get a chance to get his rhythm towards the end before he got injured again. Best case scenario would be for him to play the group games and not make it into the second round so he can make it back for the start of the season.
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6384 on: June 10, 2019, 07:14:21 pm »
Tough one

Player has a responsibility too to declare himself fit/not fit

If he comes through it then all good I guess

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6385 on: June 10, 2019, 07:21:33 pm »
I mean he was hobbling around with his CL final medal and it wasn’t cos he was drunk!

Christ. Some common sense, please, Mr Put.
YNWA.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #6386 on: June 10, 2019, 07:38:06 pm »
Maybe I’m being naive but wouldn’t make a lot of sense to play him in a friendly and risk a reoccurrence ahead of giving him more time so he can actually play in the tournament. I’d like to think he’ll only be risked if he’s ready, I think it’ll have been 6.5 weeks since he was injured by Sunday.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6387 on: June 10, 2019, 07:57:39 pm »
Maybe I’m being naive but wouldn’t make a lot of sense to play him in a friendly and risk a reoccurrence ahead of giving him more time so he can actually play in the tournament. I’d like to think he’ll only be risked if he’s ready, I think it’ll have been 6.5 weeks since he was injured by Sunday.

Put thinks he is in a dick swinging contest,he doesn't really care about Naby's career or health imo.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6388 on: June 10, 2019, 10:47:04 pm »
He'll be fine. Nobody will get near him.

Big call from both sides.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6389 on: June 10, 2019, 11:12:55 pm »

You’re right, plus he might not even start/play.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6390 on: June 12, 2019, 06:05:50 am »
Of course Guinea are risking him, he is by far their best player. It is not good for us but this is how football is.

It works both ways, Im sure Brazil were not thrilled by Firmino being rushed into the CL final either.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #6391 on: June 12, 2019, 08:15:39 am »
Of course Guinea are risking him, he is by far their best player. It is not good for us but this is how football is.

It works both ways, Im sure Brazil were not thrilled by Firmino being rushed into the CL final either.

Bobby is a Liverpool employee. We pay his wages. It's not the same both ways.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6392 on: June 12, 2019, 07:01:09 pm »
Bobby is a Liverpool employee. We pay his wages. It's not the same both ways.

It’s not relevant who is paying the wages in football. FIFA rules are clear.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #6393 on: June 12, 2019, 07:03:22 pm »

Club fans may not agree but them are the rules.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6394 on: June 12, 2019, 08:42:51 pm »

Not talking about the rules. You said Brazil weren't thrilled to see Bobby rushed back for the CL final. That's Liverpool's perogative, being his employer. If Brazil wanted to rush him back from an injury, Liverpool could tell them where to go.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #6395 on: June 12, 2019, 08:44:41 pm »
Any idea if the phenomenal starts he was posting before moving to us are improving?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #6396 on: June 12, 2019, 11:00:29 pm »
Not talking about the rules. You said Brazil weren't thrilled to see Bobby rushed back for the CL final. That's Liverpool's perogative, being his employer. If Brazil wanted to rush him back from an injury, Liverpool could tell them where to go.
Could not. The health of a player is assessed independently by club and country, and the decisions often diverge. While Klopp is being reasonable with players trying not to rush them because that's best for the club long-term, national coaches just need the player for two consecutive matches in a week, then they can afford to wait for him to recover for the next month round of internationals. The only thing a club can do is get financial compensation if a player gets injured on an international duty, but for the scale of the PL these are joke money.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6397 on: June 13, 2019, 12:49:35 am »

Can you force someone to play for the NT? That doesn’t sound possible.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #6398 on: June 13, 2019, 01:00:30 am »
Can you force someone to play for the NT? That doesn’t sound possible.
Yes. If the national team calls a player and the player doesn't show up, the player can be fined and/or banned from club football for a period of time. The only exception is when a player retires from international football.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6399 on: June 13, 2019, 01:03:03 am »
Yes. If the national team calls a player and the player doesn't show up, the player can be fined and/or banned from club football for a period of time. The only exception is when a player retires from international football.

If a player has been out injured for weeks, and is still injured according to his club, it's very, very rare that the national side would demand he travel to wherever for a fitness test.
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019