Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 vs 2 Everton Richarlison ‘3 Sighurdson pen. 93’  (Read 47292 times)

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 vs 2 Everton Richarlison ‘3 Sighurdson pen. 93’
« Reply #840 on: February 20, 2021, 09:48:00 pm »
No, not unmanageable, but also not due to bad officiating. Let’s not be bad losers.
I’m not a bad loser. If I think we’ve been genuinely shite I’ll say it as it is. If you don’t think that what’s happening to our team in terms of personnel
and how we are being treated by officials week in week out in the league isn’t having a huge impact on our season then fair play to you. I need some of your drugs.

I’ve never seen anything like this in the 40 years of watching us. It’s unprecedented.

I’ve got faith in Jurgen turning the tide though.

Offline le_boss

• Main Stander
« Reply #841 on: February 20, 2021, 09:48:53 pm »
I would never criticise Klopp because he has delivered so much. It’s hard for us supporters to know whats going on just now.  Just hope the owners back him and he still has the motivation.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #842 on: February 20, 2021, 09:49:36 pm »
All of whom got injured for months. We were atrocious today and the team deserves a kicking, but let’s not gloss over the horrendous luck we have had this season.

But the fact is now there are a number of squad players who offer next to nothing and now it looks like some first team players have reached the end of their productivity for us.

Seeing as we will have fuck all money in the summer, we need to sell some players.

We were talking about Gini.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #843 on: February 20, 2021, 09:49:53 pm »
Honest question, what do you expect on a public internet forum after a humbling defeat whilst suffering poor form? You know full well the contact you'll be faced with, so why do it to yourself?

losing to a team that has been outspending us for years wasn’t humbling - it's about sodding time they won a game, just annoying because of who they are.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #844 on: February 20, 2021, 09:51:46 pm »
Actually, you probably don't want it, but I will apologise. I'm obviously angry and took it out on you, for whatever reason. I'm sorry. I've been in the shower so won't read the subsequent messages out of pure embarrassment. I'm at the age where I'm not handling the comedowns as well as I used to and this has been one of the worst. But that isn't an excuse.

I'm sorry for letting everyone down. I'm going to log off and take the ban graciously.

I'm sorry.
Very few people ever apologise on here for kickin off - so no ban from me at least ;) Just glad to see you and Robin sort it out quickly. Can you both sort our team out now please cos we're not doing very well are we?!

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #845 on: February 20, 2021, 09:51:48 pm »
Only just read this. Any credibility your post might contain is sunk with your notion that Trent needs to be replaced by Neco. I like Neco, but that’s beside the point - of all the players who didn’t deserve to be on the losing team today, Trent probably tops the list; he was incredibly good.

Yes he was good today, but this season on the whole he's been off form. I think he needs a long rest personally.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline PaddyPaned

• Anny Roader
« Reply #846 on: February 20, 2021, 09:52:41 pm »
I’m not a bad loser. If I think we’ve been genuinely shite I’ll say it as it is. If you don’t think that what’s happening to our team in terms of personnel
and how we are being treated by officials week in week out in the league isn’t having a huge impact on our season then fair play to you. I need some of your drugs.

I’ve never seen anything like this in the 40 years of watching us. It’s unprecedented.

I’ve got faith in Jurgen turning the tide though.

I too have faith in Jurgen, and things will surely improve!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #847 on: February 20, 2021, 09:53:34 pm »
Yes he was good today, but this season on the whole he's been off form. I think he needs a long rest personally.

What? He has been playing well in an attacking sense since the Spurs game. In fact he has probably been our best attacker after Salah since then.

He was poor after returning from his calf injury but he absolutely has turned his form around. He does not need a rest.

If anything the full back on the left needs a rest. He has been completely unproductive.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #848 on: February 20, 2021, 09:53:42 pm »
I say what I said earlier - we actually created chances in that game that last season we scored from.

Yes, we're not as flowing or high-powered as we have been over the past three years, but we are still creating chances (half ones, part ones, full on ones) to score plenty. Today was no exception.

Think for me that was one of the most frustrating things - Pickford having a Worldie. The flying saves to the one from Bobby. Other games, other oppo than us, those go in. c*nt.

Other than that, today showed why no crowds at games makes such a huge difference - even moreso for us. This side is one that is built on matchday support. The players are ones that thrive in that arena. That's why there were brought here. This, coupled with the injuries is the ONLY reason we are not where we are. There's no spark. No pressure - both on us and more importantly the opposition.

Sorry, but I cannot get over why this is not understood more by this fanbase? It's not an angle either - It's patently evident, yet you all expect our players to be robots and just win. There's no emotion involved in anything to do with Liverpool football club or even sport in general right now. It's a shell. Going thorugh the motions. What seriously do you/did you expect?

Look at it this way - It is no coicidence that sides that are used to no atmosphere, new-wave fans or even as prevalently, that typically have toxic match day atmospheres are doing well. West Fucking Ham. Leicester. Man City (who are well used to a partially full and souless stadium) Man Fucking Utd. Take away their fans and its a FUCKING RELIEF to them! Add in the fact that they come to Anfield and are not overcome with the atmosphere and there you have it.

Come on - Are you seriously telling me that these sides are in a better place than us? even now, I would not swap for anyone. Not even City.

Get us back in the ground and behind the team then judge it. Those players that you are slating now? Wait until they find out what playing for Liverpool truly is. And let's not get started on the Covid situation and what that brings to these guys as well. They're the same as us for fucks sake. Yes, they play in Red, but that's the only thing that makes them different to me and you (in my case 30 years and at least 5 stone as well)

I am as fucked off as you lot are right now, but I am also understanding that this is not how football - and more prevalently - Liverpool football club is. Yes, VAR is a fucking joke, but it's a joke for everyone. It just makes it worse when it's against us of course and we cannot not think if the disruption because of the injuries either. We've been RIPPED APART from every possible angle. Everyone is hurting on many levels - Look at us through history. Bear in mind that I'm a Southerner, but brought up footballing and character-wise by Liverpool. both the Football club and City, so you Scousers know this more than I do as you lived daily there whereas I only experienced it when I came up and learned from you. Always remember that the main thing said to me that going to the match was the escape. Where everything was right. Where Liverpool ruled the World.

What I am saying is, that through thick and thin, we were there. Baying for blood. Putting referees under pressure. Putting our own players under pressure. When the fans were let back in thr ground earlier in the season, did we look a different side? Fuck yes. It was not the same, but even having those few thousand in there gave us a pulse.

Then the players believed. Those stories that some of them had heard and others had experienced when playing against us were shown to be true. Everything that was going on outside the ground meant nothing to tose fans in there - and it translated to the players.

NEVER underestimate what we as fans do to this club. Never, ever hang anyone playing in a red shirt out to dry until they have had the chance to prove themselves in the proper arena. We are not playing as we can because NOTHING IS RIGHT ANYWHERE! It's a totally fucked up World. We've had the worst run of injuries in memory of pretty much everyone and our boys are suffering - the pressure on them must be immense. They can't bond properly - only on the training pitch. They can't do things as families together as they would. Like us, the can't go into town and mix. Yet here we are scratching our heads as to why we're palying abject.

I needed to vent this on so many levels, but for the love of GOD please get it into yourselves (and again, coming from a Southerner) that what happens on the pitch with this team is intrinsically linked to the City and the fans. Take that away and it becomes mortal. Judge this side when the field is levelled - When Anfield has it's heart back.

Look at the Champions league - Ironically enough, this is the only time that things seem "normal" this year. The thought of getting on a plane and leaving issues behind must be the most cathartic experience that these lads have right now and that is why we are where we are. And guess what? That also means that this season is not over by any stretch. It's still not perfect, but it's a nettle that we need to embrace. Ironically enough, it's actually the only scenario where our pedigree and history can still work in our favour.

Yes - It's shit what happened tonight, but it's in keeping with the reality of the situation at this time. Mentally and physically this is not Liverpool for the players or for us. One without the other is never going to work. We've had players that you'd think wouldn't make a Sunday league side be European Champions. League Champions. FA Cup winners. Because they are not the best players - they mesh together to be the best team. And we drive that team. We're just as important in making them the players that Jurgen, Rafa, Kenny, Bob and Bill knew they would be. Run through brick walls. Overachieve. Call it what you like, but lockdown and the general malaise that has come with it these days whilst throwing in the injuries and the joke that is VAR into it as well and you are not going to get a Liverpool team that will perform. I'm actually amazed that we are where we are in the league.

Sorry for the rant, but it's how I feel. Perhaps an open forum is not the place to vent and some of my views are blunt? Unsophisitcated? Complete bollocks so a few/many of you? I don't know, but to me it's clear as day. We're not shit. We're not woeful. What we are is not robots. We're not like anyone else. We fuction differently to everyone else because of the makeup of the club, city and fans. None of that is right, so how the fucking HELL do you think we would still be capable of performing like we have done?!!?

Liverpool fans - and the poeple of that City - are the most understanding, compassionate, witty and honest people I have ever known. Know that this blend is what makes it the club it is. When one hurts, the other does too. When we get back into that ground is when it counts and until then, nothing is real. That's when we can really talk about things properly.

A lot in there that I agree with. Good post.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
PL: Liverpool 0 vs 2 Everton Richarlison ‘3 Sighurdson pen. 93’
« Reply #849 on: February 20, 2021, 09:54:10 pm »
Where does 606 find those "Supporters" for fucks sakes.  You have a couple of tossers phoning up and saying they want Klopoo out.  ;D
God knows but the call in shows love them! Klopp delivered us our first title in 30 years (during a pandemic) and this is how some so called “supporters” react! Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it is clear that some people forget things so quickly. The lack of patience for when things aren’t quite going right is not fair on the current group or staff, given how they have performed over the last 2-3 years!

I do think that we have not looked the same since returning from lockdown 1.0! We have had a ton of injuries which have had a real knock on effect too. I think our midfield has suffered the most without Henderson and Fabinho there on a regular basis.

Have Klopp or the staff have got everything quite right? No, of course not! But they have shown over the last couple of seasons that they know what they are doing. Right now things are not quite right but it can be fixed and I am confident that it will be.

Jota has been sorely missed too — he was in fine form and providing some much needed competition for our usual front 3. But yes, there has been a terrible combination of things that have to be factored in.

My biggest fear is that Klopp walks away. He is all or nothing and if he feels he can give no more, then he will walk. I do not want him to go and I hope he sticks around. I have no doubt that he can get us back on track.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 09:57:05 pm by The Playmaker »

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #850 on: February 20, 2021, 09:54:25 pm »
All of whom got injured for months. We were atrocious today and the team deserves a kicking, but let’s not gloss over the horrendous luck we have had this season.

But the fact is now there are a number of squad players who offer next to nothing and now it looks like some first team players have reached the end of their productivity for us.

Seeing as we will have fuck all money in the summer, we need to sell some players.

If we don’t make CL then we might not be signing any one
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #851 on: February 20, 2021, 09:55:56 pm »
If we don’t make CL then we might not be signing any one

What, you think we are spending money even if we make CL?

It’s sell to buy, whether we are in the CL or Europa. Or are you saying that if we are in the Europa then even if we sell, we don’t buy?

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #852 on: February 20, 2021, 09:56:07 pm »
I've binned off watching the Premier League live for a while now due to the VAR/refereeing shambles, but I relented today and got a stream on the internet.

Everton usually celebrate a corner at Anfield, so they'll be cockahoop tonight, but my god we made it so easy for them. We've conspired to make the likes of these shitbags, Burnley, West Brom and Brighton look great at Anfield recently. The sad thing is, once the Shite went one-up, I knew we wouldn't score. Honestly, it's like Groundhog Day at Anfield just now.

I don't care if I get given a few days off from the site for saying this, but it's been coming for a while now. Yes, we've been monumentally screwed over by bad luck, VAR and not only incompetent, but also corrupt referees.  Despite that, the players we have are more than good enough and capable enough to trouble the likes of this very ordinary Blueshite side, and the likes of West Brom, Brighton and Burnley.

With the above in mind, I'm now sick to death of us feeling sorry for ourselves. It's about time we grew a pair again and fought like Liverpool should always fight. I'm sick of weak capitulation to no-mark sides who just defend then pick us off.

We should have been simmering with quiet rage today. This shower of utter shite injured two of our best players earlier in the season, and we should have been well up for crushing these into the Anfield turf. What did we see? A weak, powder-puff display which lacked any intensity at all. We are letting shite teams walk into Anfield and waltz out again with results, and it's fucking unforgivable now.

Yes, the club have had unprecedented problems, but the way we are lying down at the moment just stinks the place out.

Stop feeling so sorry for yourselves, Liverpool. Get your fucking chins off the floor and fight like you care.

Maybe I'm in a small minority here, but I'm sick of the woe-is-me and the navel-gazing at the club at the moment.

We need to grow a backbone once more, because rolling over for every dogshit side that rolls into Anfield these days is simply not acceptable.

Great post. 

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: February 20, 2021, 09:58:03 pm »
Yep.

Trent is doing what he's always done. Things have changed around him. He's now playing balls into packed boxes and the forwards don't seem to be as proactive as they have been.

He played a wonderful ball right through the 6 yard box today and no one took the gamble. He's done it several times since had got his form back.

Yep. Was shocking that tbf, everyone just watched it.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #854 on: February 20, 2021, 09:58:44 pm »
A lot in there that I agree with. Good post.
Thanks Jill. If nothing else, I've saved an expensive video call with a shrink... rofl
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #855 on: February 20, 2021, 10:00:29 pm »
Remember when we came out gloating in the press after the 31st of January about how good we are at the fact we got 2 CB in for £2.5million.

Shame we couldn't pick up a few players that can stick the ball in the net. We're absolutely toothless in front of goal. If Salah or Mane dont score, Liverpool generally don't score.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #856 on: February 20, 2021, 10:01:23 pm »
Thanks Jill. If nothing else, I've saved an expensive video call with a shrink... rofl

Don't go giving your money to shrinks.  ;D

I especially agree with the idea that Anfield without the fans is not Anfield, its just like every other empty ground devoid of emotion and reason. For that reason I can actually understand how difficult the players find playing there now.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #857 on: February 20, 2021, 10:06:10 pm »
Remember when we came out gloating in the press after the 31st of January about how good we are at the fact we got 2 CB in for £2.5million.

No not really

I remember we were relieved. With good cause now because they’re gonna be very much needed

Gloating ? Yeah that’s narrative time
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #858 on: February 20, 2021, 10:07:27 pm »

who gloated in the press as a matter of interest? 

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #859 on: February 20, 2021, 10:08:04 pm »

If anything the full back on the left needs a rest. He has been completely unproductive.

Yes, I said that he did in the post that he quoted. For some reason Klopp just doesn't seem to want to play Tsimikas. Perhaps he's just not impressing in training because Robbo definitely needs a rest.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: February 20, 2021, 10:09:52 pm »
Some of Trents balls tonight end in goals usually

As do a couple of robbos. It’s pretty mad we didn’t score then, we were in so many times.

The explanation for it is beyond me. Klopp saying they need to be calmer in the box, can see that

I have no idea where people are getting this ‘totally shit’ performance from to be honest. We dominated the game but had that decision making problem

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #861 on: February 20, 2021, 10:10:15 pm »
I just accept we'll concede a penalty every game now. We've conceded the most in the league.

We wouldn't have scored anyway though.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #862 on: February 20, 2021, 10:10:39 pm »
0-2. I don't know what to say. It seems we can't score a goal, we can bank on a new injury every week and everything just goes against us. Thought we played well, but we couldn’t score and with their early goal it was always going to be a tough game.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #863 on: February 20, 2021, 10:11:10 pm »

As do a couple of robbos. It’s pretty mad we didn’t score then, we were in so many times.

The explanation for it is beyond me. Klopp saying they need to be calmer in the box, can see that

I have no idea where people are getting this ‘totally shit’ performance from to be honest. We dominated the game but had that decision making problem

Its like we could play for a week at the moment without scoring though, one home league goal this calendar year!

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #864 on: February 20, 2021, 10:11:21 pm »
I just accept we'll concede a penalty every game now. We've conceded the most in the league.

Tonight’s one is the worst I’ve seen in years

Esp when you add into the fact he’s got the benefit of looking at a monitor

Jurgen Klopp

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #865 on: February 20, 2021, 10:11:43 pm »

We were not good. Sorry. We were good against City and Leicester and good against Leipzig.

Today we were not good, we have now lost 4 in a row and today we gave it away super easy.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #866 on: February 20, 2021, 10:13:00 pm »
0-2. I don't know what to say. It seems we can't score a goal, we can bank on a new injury every week and everything just goes against us. Thought we played well, but we couldn’t score and with their early goal it was always going to be a tough game.

Nothing ever breaks for us. Even the bounce of the ball never goes our way. Nothing ever deflects our way in the box.

Everton always seem to score every chance they get.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #867 on: February 20, 2021, 10:13:10 pm »
Its like we could play for a week at the moment without scoring though, one home league goal this calendar year!

Eh ?

We beat spurs 2-1 in December alone 😂

You can’t believe that’s a true statement

Jurgen Klopp

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #868 on: February 20, 2021, 10:13:19 pm »

That was never a penalty. Not even peripheral. The c*nt of a ref just wanted to give the shite a pen. Simples.

"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #869 on: February 20, 2021, 10:13:49 pm »
Tonight’s one is the worst I’ve seen in years

Esp when you add into the fact he’s got the benefit of looking at a monitor

Yet the media narrative is Salah dived with the help of Carragher in commentary. Everton basically spent 90 minutes throwing themselves to the floor. I said before the game on here the time they go down in the box it will be a pen

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #870 on: February 20, 2021, 10:14:02 pm »
Plenty of rest between now and the next game!

As for today, we were much better second half. Pickford made some great saves throughout. Bottom line they were better than us, we can point to injuries, VAR/referees etc. But honestly we haven't been good enough over 90minutes in the league for a while. Midfield is very passive, front 3 look lost and eventually we will concede.

Don't know the way forward, luckily it's not my job but I'll keep on supporting and trying to be positive before each game.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #871 on: February 20, 2021, 10:14:31 pm »
If that's a penalty then I give up to be honest.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #872 on: February 20, 2021, 10:14:47 pm »
Eh ?

We beat spurs 2-1 in December alone

You can’t believe that’s a true statement

That was 16th December.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #873 on: February 20, 2021, 10:15:12 pm »
We were not good. Sorry. We were good against City and Leicester and good against Leipzig.

Today we were not good, we have now lost 4 in a row and today we gave it away super easy.

Our xG today was 1.54 what is interesting is that City won 3-1 against Everton midweek with an xG of 1.23. Our issue is that it we make far too many basic errors at the back.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #874 on: February 20, 2021, 10:15:18 pm »

That was 16th December.

Yeah, as I mentioned

???

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #875 on: February 20, 2021, 10:15:52 pm »
Plenty of rest between now and the next game!

As for today, we were much better second half. Pickford made some great saves throughout. Bottom line they were better than us, we can point to injuries, VAR/referees etc. But honestly we haven't been good enough over 90minutes in the league for a while. Midfield is very passive, front 3 look lost and eventually we will concede.

Don't know the way forward, luckily it's not my job but I'll keep on supporting and trying to be positive before each game.

It's not a proper midfield though and won't be without Henderson or Fabinho in it. There's no balance to it.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #876 on: February 20, 2021, 10:16:09 pm »
That was horrible
We looked nervy and tense from the off...not the same as last few games where we've actually come out bright

Got into the game after a while, definitely bossed it but did that thing where we build up play to the point you think we have to create a chance only for the attack to fall away to a bad decision or poorly executed pass.

Some decent opportunities today also but just couldn't put it away.
That penalty decision was an absolute joke imo. Won't comment any further on that shitshow

Has to be rock bottom
Top 4 will be a struggle...we have to just keep going
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #877 on: February 20, 2021, 10:16:22 pm »
I think it’s time we played Kabak and Phillips or Davies and sat back with 8 players in our area with just Mane and Salah up. Let teams come to us and have all the ball. Then when we get it back, play the quick ball up to Mane or Salah who will be hopefully 1 on 1. Play these teams at their own game as our own sure ain’t working anymore.
#JFT97

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: February 20, 2021, 10:16:30 pm »

You could see how the match would pan out after 15 minutes. They had a goal, we would have 90% posession for the rest of the match but can't score for shit, and then they score a second from either a lucky break or a pen sometime after the 80s minute.

It's our frigging blueprint. :butt
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #879 on: February 20, 2021, 10:16:38 pm »
Nothing ever breaks for us. Even the bounce of the ball never goes our way. Nothing ever deflects our way in the box.

Everton always seem to score every chance they get.

At this rate we won't finish top ten. We will need a lucky bounce to get some confidence back. We still have most of the ball in our games and we create chances. We should have scored from the chances we had today. Unfortunately our defence doesn't win us any points either.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez