Author Topic: The Klopp Template  (Read 1076722 times)

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Klopp Template
« Reply #4920 on: March 9, 2021, 12:49:53 pm »
this story will be in the headlines now for months...

everyone from our opposition want's him to leave us obviously :D

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #4921 on: March 9, 2021, 12:56:17 pm »
been trying to make sense of just why things have gone so pear shaped clearly we are in some sort of death spiral and there are umpteen reasons why (including for Al's benefit  taking the risk of going into the most demanding season on record short a centre half, and failing to unload some of the squad players for more promising replacements). Before the wheels came off I think we had two defensive weaknesses, to some extent teams were already targetting those both before lockdown and before the injury crisis.

The first I've seen discussed at length on here and that would be the high line. The press from the front 6 largely negated that risk and the pace of the back two reduced it further.   It was a sensible and calculated risk.

The second, which I haven't seen discussed much at all was the weakness defending at full back. Man United in particular have focussed on that but other teams likewise. The fullback being so high creates all our great attacking options but it also leaves that large gap in addition to the high line.  Henderson covered a lot of that gap on the right and Gomez's and van Dykes pace still more, nevertheless teams still targetted it. I can only remember Wolves trying to do the same on the left  but there may have been others. We were also protected by the fear other teams had keeping their players back more worried about conceeding than scoring themselves.

Robbo definately has the edge defensively but both TAA and Williams are attacking fullbacks, both may even be better suited to wingback, part of their difficulty comes from needing to be in two places at once but even if in roughly the right place neither are great defenders. So if you are the opposition aka Fulham your main tactic is going to be try to break the high line or play that diagonal into the space where the right back should be and attack from there.

Now that the fear has gone, the quality of the centrebacks is diminished, the cover from midfield is lacking and the confidence is really low, we'll need to address both weaknesses in order to get the solidity back and somehow do that while maintaining a goal scoring threat. Would three at the back work or does it just make the problem worse, with one less person to press and end in a deep lying  back 5 or two upfront?

This is a really good synopsis in fairness.

I think we need some experienced competition for TAA at right back. Hysaj is on a free at end of season, great character too by all accounts. Neco Williams isn't an adequate replacement for those games where we may need something different defensively.

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #4922 on: March 9, 2021, 12:56:36 pm »
Few interesting Bosman signings available this summer, no doubt they will want huge wages but its a market maybe we should look at to boost the squad. Milner wasn't a bad signing, big wages at the time but hes been great.

Memphis Depay and Julian Draxler are the big ones, Depay has been excellent in France, bit of a bang of Salah about that one, left before being given a proper crack.

Draxler is a mercurial talent, but questions about his application probably mean that ones a non runner, but he'd be a great replacement for Shaqiri if we could get maybe 20million for him.

I think we need experienced competition for TAA also (sorry but Neco Williams doesn't cut it, a season long loan could help him or expose him further, but we should loan him out to smooth the edges/mistakes in his game). I see that Hysaj from Napoli is out of contract his summer, would be a terrific signing, great character aswell by all accounts, Chelsea bid 45million for him last summer aswell so some value to be had with a guy like this in the squad.

Finally, Balogun from Arsenal has been linked with ourselves and RB Leipzig, would be a good option to add to the squad, but we will also need to add more experience in attack aswell if we were to offload Origi.

Hysaj, Draxler, Balogun are 3 bosman signings worth looking at.

We have alot of deadwood to shift this summer:

Adrian (out of contract)
Karius
Grabara
Phillips (Out of contract)
Larouci (out of contract)
Lewis
Arroyo (never going to get a work permit)
Wijnaldum (certainly not deadwood but on his way nonetheless)
Grujic
Shaqiri
Ojo
Woodburn
Wilson
Origi
Awoniyi (doing very well at Union Berlin but again will never get a work permit)
Millar

We could even ship out the below to boost the transfer funds:

R.Williams
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Matip
Davies (only in the door but wouldn't be beyond Edwards to try and double his money.
Minamino (See above)

We need an experienced RB to challenge TAA, another first choice CB even if we sign Kabak, a replacement for Gini, attacking midfielder/forward to improve our squad, and a striker who is going to challenge Bobby/replace outgoing Origi.

Hysaj
Konate
Bissouma
Balogun
Mbappe/Haaland (would require the sale of one of the fabled front 3 though).

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4923 on: March 9, 2021, 12:59:27 pm »
If FSG arent willing to pay for a couple of weeks in Bali all inclusive in some yoga retreat, a couple of weeks in South America and then a month backpacking around Asia exploring himself then they really need to sell up
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #4924 on: March 9, 2021, 01:47:34 pm »
klopp was asked about the German job today

"am i available? no"

YNWA
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4925 on: March 9, 2021, 01:54:12 pm »
klopp was asked about the German job today

"am i available? no"

YNWA
The actual quote is "am I available in the summer? No."

Didn't mention autumn or winter, or even spring for that matter.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4926 on: March 9, 2021, 01:57:05 pm »
The actual quote is "am I available in the summer? No."

Didn't mention autumn or winter, or even spring for that matter.

:shitstirrergifhere:

:P

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #4927 on: March 9, 2021, 01:58:55 pm »
There is :D Profile > Modify Profile > Buddies/Ignore List and then add away to your hearts content

You'll still see them if they get quoted though

Nice one though if they are quoted in every thread it wouldn't make that much difference.

I think it might need self restraint instead.  :-X
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4928 on: March 9, 2021, 02:14:36 pm »
Fuck sake Jurgen, could have at least waited for Fromola to log on and have a few hours before shutting that down
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4929 on: March 9, 2021, 04:35:42 pm »
Managing Germany would be almost like taking a break. Playing 5-6 games a year I'm sure Mrs Klopp would cope!

I wouldn't imagine a World Cup in Qatar next year would appeal to him at all.

A Euros in Germany in 2024, perhaps, but he'll be here till then all being well.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4930 on: March 9, 2021, 04:41:49 pm »
Fuck sake Jurgen, could have at least waited for Fromola to log on and have a few hours before shutting that down

Do you ever post about erm Football or something instead of just launching personal attacks all the time.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #4931 on: March 9, 2021, 06:20:35 pm »
Do you ever post about erm Football or something instead of just launching personal attacks all the time.

Quoting for Jookie.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4932 on: March 9, 2021, 06:46:23 pm »
If you are going to play three at the back then the two outside centre backs require real pace because you are just basically isolating them against wingers and overlapping full backs. We then also lose a player from the press. Ben Davies may have the pace to play the outside left centre back position but then again if Klopp had any intention of going to three at the back then Hoever would have been perfect for that role.

I think the reason why teams have tended to target the right side of our defence is twofold Mane provides far more defensive cover than Mo and Virgil plays on the left side of the centre back partnership.

Going back to the three at the back it makes it harder to have an effective offside trap especially when we have players used to other systems.

Good points Al. Klopp is playing a lopsided three at the the mo keeping one of the fullbacks deeper but I dont know if its not working because of the teams confidence or because its not a great system.

Jayo is looking at new players to fix it but I'm more thinking about now - its a combination of tactical factors, slower CB's, less energy in midfield, less tracking back by the forwards- which create a bigger problem - I se leipzig have called it out today but its not really news - its been an increasing problem

i was just trying to see if anybody had a answer because I dont :)

I dont like to see Trent or Neco called out on it because its not their fault, neither are great defensively that may come in time, both are babies  but it leaves them open to massive unfair criticism - I'm just trying to figure out what could be done to help the situation - not sure either of our fullbacks are suited to playing in  a three. I know nowt about the new left back and whether he could, hendo could maybe play in a three - have any of teh new or young centrebacks played as fullback or in a three?

I'm thinking rather than the lopsided approach keep the fullbacks high but provide more defensive cover - makes it harder with the line as you say unless you have a leader back their who's comms are to keep that line - again dont know enough about the kids to know - personal experience is I got gobbier as I got older mainly because I couldnt run :) - you'd have to drop a forward  which makes the whole counter press tougher and you probably naturally become more counter attacking - - would it be possible to play with a press when you have a back three or is that just a contradiction

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4933 on: March 9, 2021, 07:10:03 pm »
Good points Al. Klopp is playing a lopsided three at the the mo keeping one of the fullbacks deeper but I dont know if its not working because of the teams confidence or because its not a great system.

The lopsided three works really well. It is the system Jurgen has generally played throughout his managerial career. Here employed Moreno pushed up on the left and Clynne played a far more reserved role. What it needs though is aggressive front foot defenders at centre back.

Jayo is looking at new players to fix it but I'm more thinking about now - its a combination of tactical factors, slower CB's, less energy in midfield, less tracking back by the forwards- which create a bigger problem - I se leipzig have called it out today but its not really news - its been an increasing problem

i was just trying to see if anybody had a answer because I dont :)

I think it is twofold the energy levels of the front three and the amount of space we are expecting the midfield to cover. I think we might have to sacrifice one of the front three and get an extra body in to midfield.

I dont like to see Trent or Neco called out on it because its not their fault, neither are great defensively that may come in time, both are babies  but it leaves them open to massive unfair criticism - I'm just trying to figure out what could be done to help the situation - not sure either of our fullbacks are suited to playing in  a three. I know nowt about the new left back and whether he could, hendo could maybe play in a three - have any of teh new or young centrebacks played as fullback or in a three?

Yeh I think people forget that neither Trent or Neco were full backs, Neco started out as a striker who beacame a winger and Trent was a midfield player. Regarding the new signings Ben Davies has played as a left back.

I'm thinking rather than the lopsided approach keep the fullbacks high but provide more defensive cover - makes it harder with the line as you say unless you have a leader back their who's comms are to keep that line - again dont know enough about the kids to know - personal experience is I got gobbier as I got older mainly because I couldnt run :) - you'd have to drop a forward  which makes the whole counter press tougher and you probably naturally become more counter attacking - - would it be possible to play with a press when you have a back three or is that just a contradiction

Martinez especially at Wigan played three at the back with a high press. A 3-4-3 could work but we would still be vulnerable if the centre backs get dragged out. The other thing is that if you want to play three at the back then ideally you need more centre backs than we have.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #4934 on: March 9, 2021, 07:26:29 pm »
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4935 on: March 9, 2021, 09:52:54 pm »

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4936 on: March 10, 2021, 02:40:18 am »
You can say what you like about the boss. What that line up against Fulham tells you. is this. The Champion League is our priority now. My fucking God, whoever it may be, that's some bollocks. I fucking love him if that is so. Change of focus, we have boss players, we are a boss team. You might not agree with it but you fuckig back it. He's not arsed with top four anymore. Play the squad now in PL. No. 7
Very well put. :thumbup
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4937 on: March 10, 2021, 07:44:02 am »
Klopp is the reason we won a sixth european cup and the league last season. Even though he has come out and dismissed talk of the german national team job I raised a little smile yesterday when so many opposition supporters were clamouring for him to take it. I think that tells us what we need to know, that despite the way our league from has gone he is still feared because he manages us.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4938 on: March 10, 2021, 08:14:55 am »
Klopp is the reason we won a sixth european cup and the league last season. Even though he has come out and dismissed talk of the german national team job I raised a little smile yesterday when so many opposition supporters were clamouring for him to take it. I think that tells us what we need to know, that despite the way our league from has gone he is still feared because he manages us.

It’s so obvious isn’t it, but a few of ours still struggle with the concept.

Just ask yourselves this question: if Ole for Norway was being discussed, would we be clamouring for him to take it?

Exactly.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4939 on: March 10, 2021, 02:26:49 pm »
Just saw a clip of Stevie being interviewed about being Liverpool manager. He says the Liverpool fans don’t want him to be our manager and goes on to say I wish you knew how much We love Jurgen Klopp. Go on Stevie lad, got a little choked up watching that.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #4940 on: March 10, 2021, 03:01:06 pm »
Just saw a clip of Stevie being interviewed about being Liverpool manager. He says the Liverpool fans don’t want him to be our manager and goes on to say I wish you knew how much We love Jurgen Klopp. Go on Stevie lad, got a little choked up watching that.
it was a brilliant answer
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #4941 on: March 10, 2021, 10:41:35 pm »
Move all lhome games to Budapest

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4942 on: March 10, 2021, 10:44:51 pm »
Move all lhome games to Budapest
Why only the home games? All games. Period.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4943 on: March 11, 2021, 05:05:48 am »
The tide turned yesterday as soon as Fabinho came on, instantly he’s winning the ball higher up and our forwards get a quicker ball and we’re on the front foot in broken play which they thrive on. First sign of putting more trust in the centre backs.

The team that finished the match with more attacking threats on goal never loses that game and wins it 90% of the time. Hopefully that’s the penny dropped and Jurgen has realised this too. We 100% will see this on Wednesday.

100%.  :)  The Liverpool we know, with Fab a part of the spine back where it should be, pressing all the way from the front to the back as one, taking risks creating chances sometimes clinical sometimes not. Heavy metal football. Nobody wants to play this Liverpool.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4944 on: March 11, 2021, 12:24:08 pm »
Feel like last nights midfield was as close to the template as possible. Fabinho breaking up the play and doing the (long) leggy defensive work, allowing Thiago more of a free role.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4945 on: March 11, 2021, 05:59:20 pm »
Feel like last nights midfield was as close to the template as possible. Fabinho breaking up the play and doing the (long) leggy defensive work, allowing Thiago more of a free role.
I'd still like to see a midfield of Fabinho, Thiago and Keita for a few games in a row... That, to me, is as close as we get to how we want to play. If we get CBs back that that becomes possible hinging on Keita's availability.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4946 on: March 12, 2021, 11:59:33 am »
I'd still like to see a midfield of Fabinho, Thiago and Keita for a few games in a row... That, to me, is as close as we get to how we want to play. If we get CBs back that that becomes possible hinging on Keita's availability.

Yeah, that'd be the dream. Have Fabinho doing the majority of the defensive working letting the other two run wild.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4947 on: March 12, 2021, 12:45:42 pm »
Yeah, that'd be the dream. Have Fabinho doing the majority of the defensive working letting the other two run wild.

Possibly, but I remember we played Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain along with Fabinho against Genk and Fabinho had to get through an awful amount of work. It could work though if Thiago played a bit deeper.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4948 on: March 12, 2021, 12:48:10 pm »
Thiago is much more tactically aware than Ox and Keita has progressed A LOT in terms of what Klopp wants from a Liverpool midfield. Lots of our best performances this season had Keita in the team.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #4949 on: March 12, 2021, 03:59:44 pm »
There is :D Profile > Modify Profile > Buddies/Ignore List and then add away to your hearts content

You'll still see them if they get quoted though

Sir Fucking Appalled should be your new username. 🍻🍻
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4950 on: March 12, 2021, 04:05:28 pm »
Sir Fucking Appalled should be your new username. 🍻🍻

Yeah right. The only knighthood he's got is a condom.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4951 on: March 13, 2021, 02:26:56 pm »
Liverpool are highly unlikely to appear in the International Champions’ Cup in the USA or China this summer. #LFC will instead organise a training base in Europe. The club, at this point believe camps and opponents will be more straightforward to organise. [The Athletic]

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4952 on: March 13, 2021, 04:36:05 pm »

good, shouldn’t even be a consideration.

Be glad if they sacked off US and far east pre-season tours in general.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #4953 on: March 13, 2021, 05:30:41 pm »
Meh, considering the vaccination rates in the US/UK in comparison to Europe this seems pretty short sighted.  Thought I suppose there's every chance the players themselves will be vaccinated by then so whatever.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4954 on: March 17, 2021, 10:05:37 pm »
Jürgen Klopp says top-four finish for Liverpool 'almost impossible'

Jürgen Klopp has said it will be “almost impossible” for Liverpool to finish in the top four. The win against Wolves on Monday moved his team to within five points of fourth-placed Chelsea but the manager believes they have an uphill battle.

“I like to be an optimist, but in the league it is almost impossible to qualify in the competition for the Champions League places that we have,” Klopp told the German newspaper Bild. At Tottenham, Gareth Bale is now playing again, and they are also in the running. Plus [Manchester] City and United, who are far away. Chelsea is on the rise. Reaching Champions League qualification through the league will be difficult, we know that.”

Liverpool are in the quarter-finals of the Champions League but Klopp added: “You don’t usually win the Champions League itself in a year with injury worries as big as we have. Then in the worst case it will be next year: no Champions League, maybe Europa League, although that is not guaranteed either.”

Not returning to Europe’s elite club competition next season would mean a huge reduction in revenue, following a year severely affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Klopp recognised this but does not fear for his job should Liverpool not qualify. If they also fail to make the Europa League, which is still a possibility, he believes it would make his side stronger for another tilt at the title they won last summer.

“It would mean a huge financial loss,” he said regarding a lack of Champions League football. “Otherwise not that much. I am aware, in almost all football clubs in the world, I would be questioned in a situation like our current one.

“This is completely normal, reality, the business. I would accept that immediately. But it’s different here in Liverpool. Our owners, the sports director, even the players, nobody doubts anyone here. We have accepted the situation for ourselves and fight our way through it.

Even if there has never been anything like it after a championship then we’ll be the first to fight our way, as a large, successful club. If we don’t play internationally [in Europe] at all, that means more time to relax. That would be bad for all other teams because training is good for us.

“If we had more time, we could take advantage of it. We would try to turn the bad situation into something good.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/mar/17/jurgen-klopp-top-four-finish-liverpool-almost-impossible-champions-league

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #4955 on: March 17, 2021, 10:43:37 pm »
I'd say longshot is more realistic than impossible but I suppose as a way of setting the right mindset impossible is probably a better way to frame it.  Asking the players to do the impossible and if they do it they're legends, etc etc, is probably more of a motivator.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4956 on: March 17, 2021, 11:05:37 pm »
Everyday language almost never distinguish "improbable" from "impossible", the latter is often used in the sense of "highly improbable".

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4957 on: March 18, 2021, 09:23:29 am »
It is us versus Leicester City for the last CL spot in my view. We'd have to win 6-7 in a row and they would have to falter. They have the slightly harder fixtures I've seen.

The ideal choice for us though is: Champions League or completely out of Europe! No one wants Europa Thursdays in the Ukraine, not even folk who live there.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4958 on: March 18, 2021, 09:26:02 am »
Yeah right. The only knighthood he's got is a condom.

Are you my Arthur?

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4959 on: March 18, 2021, 09:39:55 am »
It is us versus Leicester City for the last CL spot in my view. We'd have to win 6-7 in a row and they would have to falter. They have the slightly harder fixtures I've seen.

The ideal choice for us though is: Champions League or completely out of Europe! No one wants Europa Thursdays in the Ukraine, not even folk who live there.

Europa league would be a distraction next season unless we treat it as chance to test our youngsters. Klopp himself eluded to the positive impact it would have if we where not in EL next season. So there is potential a point this season where we have to decide whether we still want to push for fourth with the risk of ended fifth.