Author Topic: Things that wind you up irrationally...  (Read 519872 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Things that wind you up irrationally...
« Reply #6120 on: December 7, 2011, 07:50:15 pm »
Haha gibbon's chin! Cracked up at that!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #6121 on: December 7, 2011, 07:58:29 pm »
That fucking Argos advert with the aliens!!!

Am I the only one that thinks when the 'mum' alien says, "Mmmmm, Bieber!" that it sounds like she's actually saying, "Mmmmmm beaver!"?

Offline Noelle

• iverpoo?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6122 on: December 7, 2011, 08:19:32 pm »

Oh god. I was going to say something else but now I've got the idea in my head and it won't go away. Almost in tears. You and Eileen as a couple.

Offline What's the procedure Mr Mod?

• A custom title is the bit that may appear around about here...and believe me, you've got off lightly! Likes a bit of Bottom.
  • Kopite
  • #Lucasisboss
« Reply #6123 on: December 7, 2011, 08:34:05 pm »
I hate those people that, when in front of you in the queue, put the next customer sign thingy down on the conveyor belt with force, purpose and a 'have some of that' attitude.

They stand there watching me putting my shopping on with a look of shock horror and dismay, I wonder what the fuck they're looking at. They start tutting and shit and whispering to who ever they're with. Then, out of nowhere they decide they've had enough and get the customer shopping divide sign thing, climb over the trolly, lean over the conveyor belt knocking food everywhere, looking at you like you're scum huffing and puffing, and plonk it down in the grand canyon size gap I'd left between my shopping and theirs.

They then turn to you with a smug look on their face "there you horrible bastard, thought you were going to get me to pay for your shopping did ya? Well no, i'm all over this shit"

FUCK OFF and chill the fuck out. I'm not going to let the checkout person put my shit through with yours, I want it for myself, that's why I brought it to the till, for fucksake. Even if I stopped paying attention, cos the women on aisle 5 dropped a case of wine, or the women on checkout 10's tits are on show as she leans over the checkout for this weeks OK, I'd back even the worst checkout monkey to realise that the gap between your shit roll and my steak, that I'm stood next to by the way, is an indicator that you're shopping had come to an end. Also, so what if some of my shopping does go through with yours, I've got better food than you anyway, plus they're not going to force you to pay for it and make you take it home are they??? They'll just reverse the transaction. Christ.

If you're that fucking scared that i'm gonna try pull a fast one and get you to buy my shopping you should put the bastard sign down yourself in the first place.  On the other hand take a lighter approach to life and let it be, it'll more than likely be reet won't it? If you carry on stressing to fuck in the Tesco queue you'll die of a heart attack at a young age.

« Last Edit: December 7, 2011, 09:15:00 pm by What's the procedure Mr Mod? »
Twitter me: https://twitter.com/#!/BenLetcher

Justice for the 96 - you'll never walk alone.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6124 on: December 7, 2011, 08:48:05 pm »
How many times in the last 12 months have people called round on you to conduct surveys?

- 1-2
- 3-5
- More than 5

How wound up does this make you?

- Not wound up at all
- Quite wound up
- Very wound up

:lmao

My housemates being dirty/lazy and not doing chores, cleaning the bathroom, doing their dishes, mopping or vacuuming, all left to me  :no

This happened to be me whilst doing my second graduate degree. Worst part of it was all the other people in the house were also doing graduate degrees and had lived on their own before, so there was no excuse. Worst part was when one of them complained about the floor being slightly wet after I mopped it. After asking why she didn't mop the floor herself, she said she didn't know to use a mop. She was the youngest person in the house at age 25, yet she later told me she had her mum clean her room until she turned 22.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6126 on: December 7, 2011, 09:25:10 pm »
Cling Film.

Wound me up so much tonight that I ended up stabbing it several times with a kitchen knife and throwing it across the kitchen.
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6127 on: December 7, 2011, 09:43:19 pm »
Oh god. I was going to say something else but now I've got the idea in my head and it won't go away. Almost in tears. You and Eileen as a couple.
;D Why's that then?
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Eileen___
If you can speak Klingon just take your own life. It's too late for you. You can't unlearn that shit.

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6128 on: December 7, 2011, 09:46:02 pm »
;D Why's that then?

Seems obvious to me like, but sure let's see what she says ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6129 on: December 7, 2011, 09:47:58 pm »
Mancs in general and a mate in particular getting on his high horse about Suarez and claiming him giving the finger is far worse than Rooney swearing down the camera. Saying he would be horrified if that had happened in front of him and his lad. Obviously in this hypothetical world he lives in he wouldn't be at all bothered by anyone on the crowd swearing or doing rude gestures, just those mast Hispanic scouser types.

Sorry wrong thread, thought this was the  things that wind you up rationally.

By the way I owe this guy 50 quid. He's getting it paid into his account tomorrow with reference 'Channel 5 TV rights'.

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6130 on: December 7, 2011, 09:48:04 pm »
Seems obvious to me like, but sure let's see what she says ;D
Yep ;D
If you can speak Klingon just take your own life. It's too late for you. You can't unlearn that shit.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #6131 on: December 7, 2011, 10:05:43 pm »
By the way I owe this guy 50 quid. He's getting it paid into his account tomorrow with reference 'Channel 5 TV rights'.

:thumbup

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #6132 on: December 7, 2011, 10:22:36 pm »
The new Bonnie and Clyde, catching smelly buses Tesco stores to Tesco store, leaving bodies piled in their wake.

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6133 on: December 7, 2011, 10:34:45 pm »
The new Bonnie and Clyde, catching smelly buses Tesco stores to Tesco store, leaving bodies piled in their wake.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #6134 on: December 7, 2011, 10:39:23 pm »
My car insurance is more expensive this year than it was the first year I got insured. No claims or anything. Unbelievable.

Offline Sinead7

• Many hands make brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our revenge will be the laughter of our children
« Reply #6135 on: December 7, 2011, 10:43:25 pm »
My car insurance is more expensive this year than it was the first year I got insured. No claims or anything. Unbelievable.

Shop around, if an insurance company thinks you are 'safe' with them they will try their hand to raise their premium in the hope you'll just accept it to avoid the hassle of any administration.  Ring them and just be frank with them and say they you can't understand how your premium has went up as you haven't claimed anything. Tell them you have a better quote from another insurer and they'll soon shit themselves and bend over backwards to stop you from leaving.
Trapps Army 2012

Offline Noelle

• iverpoo?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6136 on: December 8, 2011, 01:28:36 am »

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6137 on: December 8, 2011, 03:12:57 am »
here's one: "strawberry blonde" people. fuck them. they're gingers with a chip on their shoulder basically. types that wear shorts in england and wear franklin and marshall hoodies. we have black and brown hair in this country so fuck off back to wales.
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #6138 on: December 8, 2011, 03:19:07 am »
As Irish-Kopite said, ring them and give them a bollocking down the phone, say you're planning on switching from them now because you are so outraged, they'll bring it down straight away. Happened to me before aswell, they're chancing their arm.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #6139 on: December 8, 2011, 03:20:21 am »
Shop around, if an insurance company thinks you are 'safe' with them they will try their hand to raise their premium in the hope you'll just accept it to avoid the hassle of any administration.  Ring them and just be frank with them and say they you can't understand how your premium has went up as you haven't claimed anything. Tell them you have a better quote from another insurer and they'll soon shit themselves and bend over backwards to stop you from leaving.
As Irish-Kopite said, ring them and give them a bollocking down the phone, say you're planning on switching from them now because you are so outraged, they'll bring it down straight away. Happened to me before aswell, they're chancing their arm.

Aye, gonna give them a ring today and see what the story is. It's utter lunacy. Absolutely no way I'll be going ahead with the figures I've been quoted.

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6140 on: December 8, 2011, 10:14:45 am »
here's one: "strawberry blonde" people. fuck them. they're gingers with a chip on their shoulder basically. types that wear shorts in england and wear franklin and marshall hoodies. we have black and brown hair in this country so fuck off back to wales.

Tenner says you wont have 'black or brown' hair when you are in your 70's.

Offline Chinbits

• Has a Purpoise in life
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Factor 3rd Place WINNER
« Reply #6141 on: December 8, 2011, 10:18:21 am »
People ripping the shit out of gingers, it's as bad as racism to me and really shouldn't be tolerated (by the way, I'm not ginger)
Hold a powerful magnet against your stomach and then run it up your body until it's under your chin.

While wearing your mum's skin as a hat.

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6142 on: December 8, 2011, 11:06:53 am »
People ripping the shit out of gingers, it's as bad as racism to me and really shouldn't be tolerated (by the way, I'm not ginger)
No it isn't. Not even close.

Offline Sinead7

• Many hands make brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our revenge will be the laughter of our children
« Reply #6143 on: December 8, 2011, 11:50:45 am »
The Media obsession with Pippa Middleton. Seriously, she looks closers to 40 than 30 and isn't even that goodlooking, and she hardly even has an arse never bing the best arse in the world! The sooner this nonentity is out of our lives the better.
Trapps Army 2012

Offline Chinbits

• Has a Purpoise in life
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Factor 3rd Place WINNER
« Reply #6144 on: December 8, 2011, 12:07:19 pm »
No it isn't. Not even close.

Why is it not even close? Skin colour or hair colour? Not much difference really.
Hold a powerful magnet against your stomach and then run it up your body until it's under your chin.

While wearing your mum's skin as a hat.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #6145 on: December 8, 2011, 12:28:51 pm »

Aye, gonna give them a ring today and see what the story is. It's utter lunacy. Absolutely no way I'll be going ahead with the figures I've been quoted.
i think they do that so some people will brick it and say yes to it

only time my insurance went up was when i switched to a bigger car and thats with a huge claim
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #6146 on: December 8, 2011, 12:34:43 pm »

Which makes me wonder about the male/female factor. If you were female your premium would be less. Does it follow that having a sex change would lower your premium? Extreme scenario I know.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #6147 on: December 8, 2011, 12:42:54 pm »
Which makes me wonder about the male/female factor. If you were female your premium would be less. Does it follow that having a sex change would lower your premium? Extreme scenario I know.
id love to call them and i say that

"no my name is not david its davina"

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6148 on: December 8, 2011, 12:48:44 pm »
Why is it not even close? Skin colour or hair colour? Not much difference really.
Are you serious? Well, the most simple argument could be that you can easily change hair colour, but can't change skin colour (insert Michael Jackson joke). Another thing you could say is that people aren't discriminated nearly as much on fucking hair colour. Fuck me, a few jokes on the internet and your mates laughing at gingers makes it as bad as racism? Also at no point in history did gingers get their rights taken away from them for being ginger.  It's never as bad, it's a joke, if someone is ginger and it bothers them so much they can tell their mates to fuck off with that. I don't know how to explain this, I'm just so surprised someone can actually think making fun of a hair colour is as bad as racism.

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6149 on: December 8, 2011, 12:53:11 pm »

Making fun of gingers, while the gingers themselves might not like it and probably get sick of it, is not the same as racism. For it to be the same, racism would have to able to be described as "making fun of black people".

Gingers have never been the victims of national, systemic oppression within the legal systems of their countries. They've never been denied access to education because of the colour of their hair. They've never had hate groups try to remove them from a country altogether because they are ginger.

I get why some, most probably, gingers get sick of people making fun of their hair colour. But if any ginger honestly feels like that is comparable to hundreds of years of slavery, oppression, bigotry and hatred of the kind that black people suffered, then they need to man the fuck up. Having said that, I don't make fun of gingers who aren't my friends. For two reason. I know they can take it and they know I don't mean it. I don't think it's very funny to do it to someone you don't know or use it as a stick to beat someone you don't like with. But anything at all like racism it certainly is not.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6150 on: December 8, 2011, 12:56:27 pm »
You know who I hate. Those blue eyed wankers. Green eyes all the way.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #6151 on: December 8, 2011, 01:38:12 pm »
You know who I hate. Those blue eyed wankers. Green eyes all the way.

My eyes are blue-green, am I a wanker?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6152 on: December 8, 2011, 01:39:44 pm »

50/50 really.

It was said in jest by the way!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6153 on: December 8, 2011, 01:41:40 pm »
On the basis of statistical probability and with the information available when taking the previous context into account, I can conclude that you are indeed a wanker but only half a wanker, so that would be with just the one hand. :wave

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #6154 on: December 8, 2011, 01:42:28 pm »
It was said in jest by the way!

Yeah, whatever. Bad as racism, that.

;)

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6155 on: December 8, 2011, 01:43:29 pm »

;)

At least you had the common decency to shut that one blue eye.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6156 on: December 8, 2011, 01:44:31 pm »

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #6157 on: December 8, 2011, 01:45:32 pm »

Offline Zanchent

• Sole creator and only disciple to the brand new yet enchanting, charming, one might say "revolutionary", religion known, quite unpredictably, as Zanchentism. It's like Zen, only not.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #6158 on: December 8, 2011, 01:46:17 pm »
The person who let a fucking horse into my back yard. WTF ???

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6159 on: December 8, 2011, 01:47:10 pm »
I'm married to a 'ginger' and I don't see the original remark as being anything even closely resembling something akin to racism, let alone 'as bad as'.

Sure, they get a hard time over it, but so do a lot of other people who have similar genetic quirks. Most of the redheaded people I know rise above it and even embrace it. The whole 'ginger' thing is in itself utterly irrational and even amusing.

Here's one that winds me up though - men who start to get a bit of grey hair and get all defensive - "It's Icelandic Blonde!" - fuck off you muppet, it's grey, you're getting old, accept it gracefully!