Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3281830 times)

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man United thread. Revolution Number... 6?
« Reply #41160 on: October 2, 2022, 03:31:53 pm »
Their resurrection is a myth. They looked good against Arsenal, and beat a terrible Liverpool side 2-1 at home, but that’s all. They’re still extremely ordinary.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41161 on: October 2, 2022, 03:32:58 pm »
 ;D ;D Hag is gathering quite the list of humiliations already, teething problems, ups and downs are totally normal with any new manager but you'd want to see some good signs too and they haven't played well in a game all season yet. They've fluked a few results but it's never sustainable, ask Ole.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41162 on: October 2, 2022, 03:39:35 pm »
You said that with so much chest, it's almost like you believe it.

Even Ian Wright, the biggest Gooner cheerleader around, called it a foul. If that was the other way round - Eriksen on Odegaard - you'd be demanding the foul. Eriksen had two hands in his back, a knee into his thigh, and kicked through his foot. Three points of contact with no ball played. Foul.

Arsenal passed it around better than us, yep granted, but very few times got into positions to actually hurt us. We had more shots on target and always looked threatening going forward. You've got an Arsenal team three years in the making... Arteta has had three years more than Ten Hag to stamp his identity on that team, and it showed at times as Arsenal looked better in possession and well drilled. Yet you lost 3-1 to a team that is littered with new players who are still getting to grips with the manager's style of play. There are unfamiliar relationships all over the pitch... a completely new back four who had played less than 300 minutes together, new faces in midfield, and a winger who had completed two training sessions - and we had another winger playing centre-forward. Taking that into account, and the form you were in, you had a great chance to win at Old Trafford yesterday but you've only done that once in 15 years and maybe it's a mentality thing... you come to a big ground against a huge team and you fold. We've seen it before and it happened again. I'd like to think that in three years time, Ten Hag's United won't be as soft and spineless as Arteta's Arsenal...

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :rash :rash :wellin

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #41163 on: October 2, 2022, 04:29:03 pm »
Back in your box you useless bags of shit.  :wanker

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #41164 on: October 2, 2022, 04:35:13 pm »
Honestly, There would be portions of our fanbase who would gladly accept sports washing owners and everything that comes with it. I'd say it would be more casual/fair weather types or the bandwagoners who are only fans because of the success under Klopp. That lot would eat up the sports wash.

You say that, but you’d be surprised at how many would like that to happen. People may tow the party line on here and say something how they are outraged and the like, but deep down people would be made up if we could do signings like Haaland. And it would be very naive to think otherwise.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41165 on: October 2, 2022, 04:37:11 pm »
This is what happens when the likes of Neville turns a blind eye to sport washing and yap on about how great it is on Sky Sports. He's been grand with it for years now because it keeps us from winning anything but the cnut has zero self awareness as to what it does to his own club.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41166 on: October 2, 2022, 04:41:45 pm »
This is what happens when the likes of Neville turns a blind eye to sport washing and yap on about how great it is on Sky Sports. He's been grand with it for years now because it keeps us from winning anything but the cnut has zero self awareness as to what it does to his own club.

Of course he knows.  He doesn't care.  United will always spend a shitload.  They've spent as much as City even as City cheated financial rules.

If the the Glazers do sell, United will spend even more.

Neville knows this.  He knows that we don't spend as much, so anything to stop us is a plus.  Once Pep and Klopp leave, United will spend as much as City and Newcastle, but possibly with better managers.  He just needs City to stop us for now.

Plus, United can get bought by some dodgy sportswashers, which means even better things for him and his club.

This is why he'd rather kill the ESL than call out sports washing.  He and United have little to gain with the ESL.
King Kenny.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41167 on: October 2, 2022, 04:41:53 pm »
Corner almost turned.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #41168 on: October 2, 2022, 04:43:21 pm »
Won the second half though. Surely 1.5 points for that?

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41169 on: October 2, 2022, 04:45:40 pm »
Ronaldo heat map for the match

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #41170 on: October 2, 2022, 04:51:52 pm »
Nevilles brain at 4-1 was begging him to say ‘they’re back’

He was actually saying ‘the United fans walking out would regret it, talking about United getting level

The bloke is such a fucking idiotic spin doctor

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41171 on: October 2, 2022, 04:54:35 pm »
They would have won it if matches were 180 minutes

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #41172 on: October 2, 2022, 05:20:29 pm »
Well it’s funny, but I’m not saying too much as we play city soon…!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41173 on: October 2, 2022, 05:30:14 pm »
They bench Maguire and concede 6 goals, coincidence?

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #41174 on: October 2, 2022, 05:45:31 pm »
They bench Maguire and concede 6 goals, coincidence?
He wasn't even on the bench. Is he carrying an injury or just shite, or both?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #41175 on: October 2, 2022, 07:01:28 pm »
I forgot these were playing today and just heard the score from a friend a few minutes ago.

To be honest, I initially chuckled, but then felt sadness. I absolutely loathe Man United and actually despise a lot of their so-called fans, but a world famous club who were legitimately built getting utterly embarrassed by a tinpot bunch of criminal sportswashers isn't really that funny. It's actually tragic.

I laughed when Forest got promoted back in the day then tore these a new one at Old Trafford, but Forest were a legitimate entity.

We are witnessing the murder of our national sport here, and it's a sordid, tragic spectacle cheered on by repulsive, brainless morons in the media.

In 1989 I remember the club formerly known as Manchester City beat the Mancs 5-1 at Maine Road. My Red cousin married a City fan and we did some work on her house at the time. We all laughed our heads off at that trouncing. The result today just seems to highlight the death of football in this country, though.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2022, 07:03:02 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41176 on: October 2, 2022, 07:12:26 pm »
I forgot these were playing today and just heard the score from a friend a few minutes ago.

To be honest, I initially chuckled, but then felt sadness. I absolutely loathe Man United and actually despise a lot of their so-called fans, but a world famous club who were legitimately built getting utterly embarrassed by a tinpot bunch of criminal sportswashers isn't really that funny. It's actually tragic.

I laughed when Forest got promoted back in the day then tore these a new one at Old Trafford, but Forest were a legitimate entity.

We are witnessing the murder of our national sport here, and it's a sordid, tragic spectacle cheered on by repulsive, brainless morons in the media.

In 1989 I remember the club formerly known as Manchester City beat the Mancs 5-1 at Maine Road. My Red cousin married a City fan and we did some work on her house at the time. We all laughed our heads off at that trouncing. The result today just seems to highlight the death of football in this country, though.
I have mixed feelings because City have ruined English football but I dislike United. Since we can't win it, I hope City walk it.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #41177 on: October 2, 2022, 07:20:53 pm »

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41178 on: October 2, 2022, 07:26:04 pm »
I'm just taking a small crumb of comfort by the fact that we've not been at the races so far this season, so City winning the league at someone else's expense is not going to be anywhere near as painful as those 2 occasions those c**ts nicked it by just one point from us. Hope we can get it together in Europe again this season.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #41179 on: October 2, 2022, 07:32:03 pm »

Same here. I'm not in the least bit interested in either of them, usually I'd watch the highlights if I see Utd lost, but not today. I'll watch City when they play us in a couple of weeks, and then forget that they exist for another few months.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41180 on: October 2, 2022, 07:37:06 pm »
Its a curious thing.

Our fanbase abhors the sportswashers but hope they win the league over a non sportswashing Man U.

And yet resent Man U when they would rather see a sportswashing team win at our expense.

Strange.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41181 on: October 2, 2022, 07:37:14 pm »
Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag left Cristiano Ronaldo on the bench during the side's 6-3 defeat to Manchester City out of "respect" for the striker, he said.

Ronaldo was an unused substitute at the Etihad Stadium despite United finding themselves 4-0 down at half-time.

- Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, more (U.S.)

Victor Lindelof, Anthony Martial, Fred, Casemiro and Luke Shaw all came off the bench ahead of Ronaldo, with Ten Hag insisting afterward the 37-year-old did not deserve to be subjected to humiliation at the hands of Pep Guardiola's champions.

"I wouldn't bring him in out of respect for Cristiano, for his big career," Ten Hag said.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-united-engman_utd/story/4759917/cristiano-ronaldo-left-out-of-man-united-thrashing-to-city-out-of-respect-erik-ten-hag

WTF does that even mean??

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Thank goodness they are giving us some comfort and something to laugh at.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41182 on: October 2, 2022, 07:37:38 pm »

For City, we're their biggest rivals.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41183 on: October 2, 2022, 07:46:24 pm »
How the hell did United manage to score three goals?

I don't want City to win the title, but if there's always someone there to run them close, they get a veneer or legitimacy in the eyes of the media. If they have to win it, they should be walking it, given what they've spent. And only winning it five or six years straight will get people actually questioning whether it really is good for the game.

There's a difference between dominating the league and strangling the life out of it. Pretty soon it will just be Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi trading titles for 25 years.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #41184 on: October 2, 2022, 07:59:56 pm »

Turned down an invitation to the boozer this afternoon - a couple of mates were catching up whilst this was on. Only checked the score on the hour mark, when it was 4-1 - thought I'd usual delight in United's misfortune, my first reaction was almost sadness. Clearly football's been heading in the direction it is for years, but my first thought on seeing it at 4-1 was to think it's not really a derby any longer. Will City fans claim any significant bragging rights during the coming week? Will the defeat mean more to United than defeats at the hands of others in recent years? I'd struggle to put it in terms of sympathy, but I just couldn't help thinking that it isn't really a derby any longer - something that would once have been cherished, and exciting, just seems to have been rendered entirely irrelevant.

Our defeat to United hurt the other week, and their supporters will have revelled in it - we've been a much better run club and had a much better team than them for a long time now, and so they'll have loved giving us a bloody nose. It felt like it mattered because we're playing by the same rules - it feels like City are competing across entirely different criteria.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41185 on: October 2, 2022, 08:28:40 pm »
Well, it wasn't a derby, as you say: one of the teams is merely part of the Department of Sport wing of a country's public relations operation, and has nothing to do with Manchester or City at all, other than being franchised in that locality. Any of the original fans of the entity that was Manchester City have had their minds warped to the point that they celebrate being owned by a barbaric oil-state, and no longer have an hold on reality.

I know all too well our rivalry with United, and I know there are plenty of idiotic United fans who would prefer City to win titles if it stops us from doing so, but I'm not in that camp. I'd rather see United win another title and City go under. Not that either of those is looking very likely any time soon!

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41188 on: October 2, 2022, 10:02:51 pm »
I have mixed feelings because City have ruined English football but I dislike United. Since we can't win it, I hope City walk it.

And that’s the attitude that made the country cheer city on v us

Our hate for each other and rivalry is making us miss the assassination of football

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41189 on: October 2, 2022, 10:12:49 pm »
And that’s the attitude that made the country cheer city on v us

Our hate for each other and rivalry is making us miss the assassination of football
I absolutely don't want to see Abu Dhabi buy it again. If we can't win it I'd like to see Arsenal do so.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41190 on: October 2, 2022, 10:20:25 pm »
Turned down an invitation to the boozer this afternoon - a couple of mates were catching up whilst this was on. Only checked the score on the hour mark, when it was 4-1 - thought I'd usual delight in United's misfortune, my first reaction was almost sadness. Clearly football's been heading in the direction it is for years, but my first thought on seeing it at 4-1 was to think it's not really a derby any longer. Will City fans claim any significant bragging rights during the coming week? Will the defeat mean more to United than defeats at the hands of others in recent years? I'd struggle to put it in terms of sympathy, but I just couldn't help thinking that it isn't really a derby any longer - something that would once have been cherished, and exciting, just seems to have been rendered entirely irrelevant.

Our defeat to United hurt the other week, and their supporters will have revelled in it - we've been a much better run club and had a much better team than them for a long time now, and so they'll have loved giving us a bloody nose. It felt like it mattered because we're playing by the same rules - it feels like City are competing across entirely different criteria.

This and a couple of posts above resonate a lot with me.

I've hated United my entire life and them losing was probably the best result for us today, since the league title is almost certainly none of our business this season. And yet still that game gave me zero pleasure.

For all that I grew up despising United and have loved laughing at most of their past 9 years, silently, deep-down I can acknowledge they're a self-made huge club. That's part of what creates the bitterness and the real needle of our rivalry with them. They know we're a huge club and vice versa. It makes us more desperate to be above the other, because it all has meaning. Historical, built-over-generations meaning. That's a crucial thing.

City have no meaning. No built success. No struggle against the odds. No sense of earning a single thing. Their presence at the top is a big fat nothing, a black hole sucking the meaning out of the whole footballing landscape. Worst thing that ever happened to the game, both domestically, and at elite European level. If sporting achievement isn't about earning it anymore, then what does it matter?
« Last Edit: October 2, 2022, 10:22:40 pm by decosabute »

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41191 on: October 2, 2022, 10:25:22 pm »
Yea, lets be honest the FA and their fit and proper (owners and directors) test has ruined football in this country indefinitely. The likes of PSG, Man City.. with their state owned owners have ruined European football.   Yet for all those who place their head over the parapet and say as much are persecuted and threatened with defamation.

Very sad state of affairs
« Last Edit: October 2, 2022, 11:05:11 pm by Gray Hamster »

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41192 on: October 2, 2022, 11:20:39 pm »
I absolutely don't want to see Abu Dhabi buy it again. If we can't win it I'd like to see Arsenal do so.

Absolutely

Not happening mind. Arsenal will implode

Jurgen Klopp

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41193 on: October 2, 2022, 11:50:01 pm »

Fuck that. C’mon the gooners.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41194 on: October 2, 2022, 11:59:20 pm »
Feel like their games against United are where it's sort of acceptable to smile about them handing out a thrashing to be honest. United have spent enough money themselves to be challenging had they spent it wisely, plus they gleefully toured the country rubbing their success in everyone's faces when they were on top - albeit that success was earned far more than City's has been.

If United winning would do us a favour then obviously I'd back them but find it hard to feel much sympathy otherwise, despite the odiousness of City themselves. It was obvious within five minutes the game was never going to be a contest so I just sat back and took pleasure in seeing United get humped, trying to forget who and what they were being beaten by.

They loved it when City's dubiously funded financial machine were pipping us by a point to titles.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2022, 12:18:38 am by Father Ted »

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41195 on: October 3, 2022, 06:48:42 am »

Same, I haven't been mocking any of the office United fans this morning, as we will be similar dicked and humiliated in 2 weeks time.. So better keep karma in balance

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41196 on: October 3, 2022, 06:50:54 am »
Er, we havent played City yet and have beaten them once already. Fill your boots with the mocking and just take a big dollop of it back if we do get thrashed, which we wont.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #41197 on: October 3, 2022, 07:10:32 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zBIujuJ2ixY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zBIujuJ2ixY</a>

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41198 on: October 3, 2022, 07:22:52 am »
I too was teary eyed yesterday watching United get battered, happens a lot when I laugh so hard.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41199 on: October 3, 2022, 01:06:44 pm »
I absolutely love seeing the Mancs get battered. It's one of the joys of being a football fan. Thing is, I'd much rather see them getting embarrassed by a fellow football club rather than an abhorrent nation state playing fantasy football club ownership for political purposes.

All yesterday showed was the death of football in this country. A proper club being embarrassed by a Frankenstein's monster. Seeing them getting smashed by Southampton, Liverpool, the former Newcastle etc has been glorious. Yesterday was just another ring on the deathbell of our national sport.