Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3470800 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #67200 on: December 23, 2021, 03:53:21 pm »
Got my kids booked in for their second dose in January
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #67201 on: December 23, 2021, 04:03:49 pm »
yesterday around 1.30pm. no issues other than a sore arm until today morning.

I've spoken to a few people who have said something similar, they've usually been better the next day though. So, hopefully it will be the same for you.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67202 on: December 23, 2021, 04:11:13 pm »
Numbers not good today…

It’s going to be touch and go with hospitals …..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #67203 on: December 23, 2021, 04:21:39 pm »
The flow-flex self testing kit is good as you only have to do the nostrils now and the waiting time is down to fifteen minutes rather than half an hour. At long last, I can get my booster done now.  :)
where do you order them from Jill?
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #67204 on: December 23, 2021, 04:26:44 pm »
Our Christmas drinks today, I’ve asked all my staff (only 15) to take a Lateral flow before we meet up, all but two agreed.  The two flat out refused and were offended I asked, despite the fact that I’m paying for the whole lot.  I’ve left it up to my staff whether they worked from home or not, most did, popping into the office perhaps once a week.  I haven’t communicated with these two other than via email, I have no idea about their vaccination status.  I’m half tempted to tell them not to show up, have no idea about the ramifications though.  My missus told me to let it be, but it’s really wound me up.

Am I being out of order here ?
tell the selfish fuckers not to come, why should they put everyone else's Christmas at risk, stupid selfish twats

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #67205 on: December 23, 2021, 04:30:59 pm »
Hoping against hope that these sky high infection numbers don't lead to very high hospitalisations and subsequent fatalities

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #67206 on: December 23, 2021, 04:34:08 pm »
Numbers not good today…

It’s going to be touch and go with hospitals …..
119,787 new cases and 147 deaths, still it's only numbers! 🙄

Hospitalisations will likely take off at some point and God knows where we'll be in two weeks, still Boris has saved Christmas!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #67207 on: December 23, 2021, 04:39:43 pm »
Really is

So thankful my mum has retired from being an intensive care nurse. The strain people must be under, even without the abuse, is enormous.
Of all the people I know who work in the NHS, I don't know a single one that doesn't want to get out of it. They are absolutely burnt out and feel totally unappreciated.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67208 on: December 23, 2021, 04:44:59 pm »
Our Christmas drinks today, I’ve asked all my staff (only 15) to take a Lateral flow before we meet up, all but two agreed.  The two flat out refused and were offended I asked, despite the fact that I’m paying for the whole lot.  I’ve left it up to my staff whether they worked from home or not, most did, popping into the office perhaps once a week.  I haven’t communicated with these two other than via email, I have no idea about their vaccination status.  I’m half tempted to tell them not to show up, have no idea about the ramifications though.  My missus told me to let it be, but it’s really wound me up.

Am I being out of order here ?
No, I don't think you are.

I mean how difficult is it to take a free, simple test which puts all in attendance at ease? It sounds like common sense to me.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67209 on: December 23, 2021, 04:50:35 pm »
Off for my booster at last. I hope everyone is doing okay.
Great news Jill, pleased to hear. Hope you're well stocked for a nap or two this evening and tomorrow!

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #67210 on: December 23, 2021, 05:03:35 pm »

Hospitalisations will likely take off at some point and God knows where we'll be in two weeks, still Boris has saved Christmas!

I thought the data suggested hospitalisations won't be as high?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #67211 on: December 23, 2021, 05:07:30 pm »
So UKHSA saying 50-70% less chance of ending up in hospital with Omicron, but also evidence that boosters start to wane after 10 weeks which is worrying but in line with what’s been coming out of Israel I’d assume.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67212 on: December 23, 2021, 05:10:43 pm »
I thought the data suggested hospitalisations won't be as high?

The chance of ending up in hospital is lower if you get infected with Omicron, but the chance you get infected is higher is why hospitalisation is a worry. It’s a smaller % of a bigger number compared to Delta.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67213 on: December 23, 2021, 05:11:53 pm »
So UKHSA saying 50-70% less chance of ending up in hospital with Omicron, but also evidence that boosters start to wane after 10 weeks which is worrying but in line with what’s been coming out of Israel I’d assume.

So a booster every 3 months at that rate. 3-4x a year sounds more realistic.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #67214 on: December 23, 2021, 05:15:21 pm »
Just read a Alison Pearson tweet and the replies. Fuck me.

https://twitter.com/AllisonPearson/status/1473891693242077186?s=20
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 05:17:20 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67215 on: December 23, 2021, 05:17:46 pm »
Just read a Alison Pearson tweet and the replies. Fuck me.
Is that the one where she tries to tell a massively intelligent mathematician that he’s got his maths wrong?
W

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #67216 on: December 23, 2021, 05:17:49 pm »

At some point we've got to break the cycle of perpetual vaccinations because it's absolutely draining resources. Maybe the government seperate it and it becomes it's own thing but this is becoming a bit nuts and I am very pro vaccine. I've had all 3, but I wouldn't have another for at least a year I don't think.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67217 on: December 23, 2021, 05:20:18 pm »
10 weeks, oh FFS… I’m going to have had more pricks than Katie Price by the time this is done..

Interestingly I was reading that it seems prior infection is proving better at stopping serious infection that vaccination. Now this will be interesting in Australia, very low levels of prior infection might make this a difficult time for them.
W

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67218 on: December 23, 2021, 05:20:37 pm »

Right wing (cranks) media out today shouting the odds ref the reports about Omicron being less severe.  That was before today’s numbers came out.

Neither will they give as much of a nod to the extent of NHS staff off work with Covid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59769251?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67219 on: December 23, 2021, 05:40:38 pm »
10 weeks, oh FFS… I’m going to have had more pricks than Katie Price by the time this is done..

Interestingly I was reading that it seems prior infection is proving better at stopping serious infection that vaccination. Now this will be interesting in Australia, very low levels of prior infection might make this a difficult time for them.

As a layman vaccination vs infection always made sense that way to me. The vaccines focus on the spike, where as infection exposes you to the entire virus - including the more parts of the virus that don’t mutate so much - so I would have expected prior infection to provide better protection against variants (that may not be the actual reason but thus the one that makes sense to me).
Thinking is overrated.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67220 on: December 23, 2021, 05:44:20 pm »
At some point we've got to break the cycle of perpetual vaccinations because it's absolutely draining resources. Maybe the government seperate it and it becomes it's own thing but this is becoming a bit nuts and I am very pro vaccine. I've had all 3, but I wouldn't have another for at least a year I don't think.

Likewise, I have had my 3 Covid jabs (and 2 flu jabs in the last 12 months) but fatigue will kick in eventually, not just for the NHS but also the public I suspect. Hopefully better, longer lasting vaccines are on the horizon in the not too distant future because 3-4 doses a year doesn’t seem sustainable.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67221 on: December 23, 2021, 05:45:46 pm »
where do you order them from Jill?

I ordered them from the NHS site I will see if I can get a link up shortly.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #67222 on: December 23, 2021, 05:49:40 pm »
Really is

So thankful my mum has retired from being an intensive care nurse. The strain people must be under, even without the abuse, is enormous.

Most days I think about what if my mother was still working in the care home she worked for over 15 years before retiring - the thoughts are just hideous.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67223 on: December 23, 2021, 05:50:19 pm »
Great news Jill, pleased to hear. Hope you're well stocked for a nap or two this evening and tomorrow!

Yikes, I am supposed to be going away tomorrow. They told me to hit the paracetamol the moment I got home. 😀

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67224 on: December 23, 2021, 05:50:41 pm »
As a layman vaccination vs infection always made sense that way to me. The vaccines focus on the spike, where as infection exposes you to the entire virus - including the more parts of the virus that don’t mutate so much - so I would have expected prior infection to provide better protection against variants (that may not be the actual reason but thus the one that makes sense to me).

My layman understanding of the Valneva vaccine - which is still in trials and the UK government has cancelled it's orders for - is that is based on a decativated version of the whole virus (rather than just the spike protein), which to me would suggest that it might have a similar response?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #67225 on: December 23, 2021, 06:00:15 pm »
Of all the people I know who work in the NHS, I don't know a single one that doesn't want to get out of it. They are absolutely burnt out and feel totally unappreciated.
Are you saying the Thursday clap wasn't enough?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67227 on: December 23, 2021, 06:05:26 pm »

It's shocking, I've been following some of them on twitter just trying to support them where you can. But it's horrible what they have to go through to be honest.  :(

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67228 on: December 23, 2021, 06:06:30 pm »
Omicron 50-70% less likely to cause hospitalisation than Delta according to the UK health agency then...

Boris got a get out jail free card with scaring everyone into forgetting about their shenanigans…

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67229 on: December 23, 2021, 06:19:47 pm »
My layman understanding of the Valneva vaccine - which is still in trials and the UK government has cancelled it's orders for - is that is based on a decativated version of the whole virus (rather than just the spike protein), which to me would suggest that it might have a similar response?

You would think so, but apparently there was a vaccine (not for Covid) where they did something similar (I forget the disease) and apparently if recipients got infected they actually had worse outcomes then those that didn’t have the vaccine in question.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #67230 on: December 23, 2021, 06:26:03 pm »

Willing to step into the breach here. Also willing to be corrected by better educated folk than me.

I'm well aware of the widely quoted 100 day development time for updated vaccines. Barely seen anything on the news about the major players making a serious push. If put in terms of it being a race against the virus, surely the the time is now, no?
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #67231 on: December 23, 2021, 06:35:01 pm »
Off for my booster at last. I hope everyone is doing okay.
Great news Jill - hope it goes alright for you. I had Pfizer after having 2 AZ doses, but it was fine....just a little ache in the arm next day.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #67232 on: December 23, 2021, 06:42:46 pm »
Willing to step into the breach here. Also willing to be corrected by better educated folk than me.

I'm well aware of the widely quoted 100 day development time for updated vaccines. Barely seen anything on the news about the major players making a serious push. If put in terms of it being a race against the virus, surely the the time is now, no?

I think the problem is that they can make an Omicron specific vaccine in 100 days but by then it should have ripped through the population so may not be needed.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #67233 on: December 23, 2021, 06:47:15 pm »
I think the problem is that they can make an Omicron specific vaccine in 100 days but by then it should have ripped through the population so may not be needed.

Yeah, I get that. But as the virus evolves, then surely the vaccines have to follow?
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Online djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67234 on: December 23, 2021, 06:52:43 pm »
So a booster every 3 months at that rate. 3-4x a year sounds more realistic.
Not necessarily. This waning is for infection only, protection against severe disease is still actually increasing at this point for boosters.

Delta and omicron are different beasts when is comes to immune escape - its not a surprise that omicron will get around protection against infection even with a booster, maybe a surprise it’s noticeable already. But it does have very high immune escape.

The key is protection against severe disease, reduction of this was what drove the push for boosters. This could still remain very high after the booster dose, or drop eventually only in particular older or vulnerable groups. For groups where it remains high, a 4th shot isn’t required. Remember the aim is to bring down severe disease, not prevent every infection if those infections don’t require treatment or lead to bad outcomes.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67235 on: December 23, 2021, 07:00:45 pm »
Great news Jill - hope it goes alright for you. I had Pfizer after having 2 AZ doses, but it was fine....just a little ache in the arm next day.

Thanks.  :)  That's good to know you are fixed up too, they were doing a roaring trade where I went in and out really quickly. The NHS is doing a fantastic job.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67236 on: December 23, 2021, 07:19:23 pm »
Thanks.  :)  That's good to know you are fixed up too, they were doing a roaring trade where I went in and out really quickly. The NHS is doing a fantastic job.
Glad you're all sorted, Jill.

Online djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67237 on: December 23, 2021, 07:19:36 pm »
Omicron 50-70% less likely to cause hospitalisation than Delta according to the UK health agency then...

Boris got a get out jail free card with scaring everyone into forgetting about their shenanigans…
The question everyone should ask themselves is do you take this number and ignore reports like Imperial’s yesterday that said a more modest 10-30% reduction?

Because they are both an analysis of pretty much identical datasets.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67238 on: December 23, 2021, 07:22:45 pm »
Glad you're all sorted, Jill.

Thanks, hope you are too.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67239 on: December 23, 2021, 07:25:28 pm »