Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2799186 times)

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats, the Bernabeu Bottlers
« Reply #26360 on: May 23, 2022, 09:39:24 pm »
That event in Manchester tonight has fairly made me laugh.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26361 on: May 23, 2022, 09:43:40 pm »
Can’t buy it blue boys.
Pathetic.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26362 on: May 23, 2022, 09:45:08 pm »
That event in Manchester tonight has fairly made me laugh.

Remember when they first got a bit of money and their primary aim was to annoy United with all their Welcome to Manchester guff? Stuff like tonight just shows what a myth it’s been when they and Everton peddle that shit. Although to be fair to Everton, they’d turn up for a parade if they were having one.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #26363 on: May 23, 2022, 09:47:43 pm »
My 92 year old neighbour died last year.  Not only were there just as many lining our little streets when the funeral car passed, there was a lot less misery  too
:lmao
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #26364 on: May 23, 2022, 09:57:12 pm »
Remember when they first got a bit of money and their primary aim was to annoy United with all their Welcome to Manchester guff? Stuff like tonight just shows what a myth it’s been when they and Everton peddle that shit. Although to be fair to Everton, they’d turn up for a parade if they were having one.

We might like to shit on Everton, but they are still a proper football club. For sure they´d turn up to a parade unlike this shower.

City are a dead club, caught in some weird purgatory between the legacy of the now-dead-and-buried football club they once were, and the Sportswashing Project they now are, and everyone knows it. The old school are hanging in there and half wandering what their club has become, the new generation have zero connection to the pre-Sportwashing project, both old and new seem angry about all their success, and the remainder are hangers on with no connection to Manchester or football beyond the hypermonetised global television package that football has become. Not even the players or manager look like they are particularly enjoying it.

They are the perfect image of traditional cultural thrown to the dogs of unrestrained and over-sanitised wealth.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26365 on: May 23, 2022, 10:03:09 pm »
We might like to shit on Everton, but they are still a proper football club. For sure they´d turn up to a parade unlike this shower.

City are a dead club, caught in some weird purgatory between the legacy of the now-dead-and-buried football club they once were, and the Sportswashing Project they now are, and everyone knows it. The old school are hanging in there and half wandering what their club has become, the new generation have zero connection to the pre-Sportwashing project, both old and new seem angry about all their success, and the remainder are hangers on with no connection to Manchester or football beyond the hypermonetised global television package that football has become. Not even the players or manager look like they are particularly enjoying it.

They are the perfect image of traditional cultural thrown to the dogs of unrestrained and over-sanitised wealth.

Everton are no longer a proper football club ...

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #26366 on: May 23, 2022, 10:03:38 pm »
Fuckin'ell, more people took part in the pitch invasion. Why bother blocking city streets for a parade.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26367 on: May 23, 2022, 10:04:39 pm »
Looks as empty as a Beady Eye concert
Great pretenders

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26368 on: May 23, 2022, 10:05:52 pm »
Some of them look as if they are there against their own will.

The logical solution is to hold the parade in Abu Dhabi. Then they can force all the slave labourers to attend and cheer on command. Many pints of water will be downed that day, I can tell you.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26369 on: May 23, 2022, 10:07:13 pm »
The logical solution is to hold the parade in Abu Dhabi.

That actually makes sense ...

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26371 on: May 23, 2022, 10:13:11 pm »
to be honest id say alot of the older die hard city fans dont even bother nowadays. they know its all so empty.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26372 on: May 23, 2022, 10:13:18 pm »
From City's official coverage...

(thought bubble)

'Ah, there's a sale on at Hennes'

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #26373 on: May 23, 2022, 10:16:54 pm »

I thought it went well
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline El_Frank

• Main Stander
  • Doubters into believers
« Reply #26374 on: May 23, 2022, 10:18:28 pm »
That still of De Bruyne really and truly does look like a Partridge clip. No wonder Grealish has hit the bottle hard. What a PR disaster! And I thought their previous ones were bad.

"We've increased turnout for this parade boss, although we're not sure how exactly how many were just leaving work, how many were just trying to cross the street, or how many were spilling out of Greggs...I'm sure some of them were ours though...positive!"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #26376 on: May 23, 2022, 10:31:09 pm »
If these were the old Man City who had won something, I'd be really sad for them after seeing that embarrassment of a parade. As they aren't, I'm not at all. Given what they now are, it's really fitting.

No doubt the blood money they get in return for their services makes it a lot more palatable, but the players and manager must wonder why they bother.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26378 on: May 23, 2022, 10:34:33 pm »
The asterix hangs heavy.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26380 on: May 23, 2022, 10:49:04 pm »

Is that Raheem Sterling in the backwards baseball cap?

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #26381 on: May 23, 2022, 10:56:24 pm »
Is that Raheem Sterling in the backwards baseball cap?

Nah mate. He knew better and gave the whole parade thing a miss. Jesus too.

The scale of this club is truly shocking.

https://twitter.com/dannyjc09/status/1528804300108996608?s=21&t=-almj3d6x0CGS_q_GOTI2Q

Wow.

^ Liverpool's parade route was 8.5 miles - City's parade route was 0.8 miles - and City still couldn't fill that out... going on the images and the press on the last few pages in here.

'It was busier in Liverpool when Paul O’Grady was doing a book signing in @Waterstones':-

https://twitter.com/ianyoungkop/status/1528811138003226624 (with video)

« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 11:12:27 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #26382 on: May 23, 2022, 11:01:49 pm »
Nah mate. He knew better and gave the parade thing a miss. Jesus too.

Jesus meant to attend, probably just got hung up somewhere...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26383 on: May 23, 2022, 11:03:43 pm »

I can't stop looking at this picture.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #26384 on: May 23, 2022, 11:18:04 pm »

I can't stop looking at this picture.

Strange isn’t it. Poor Kev. Imagine being one of the best players of his generation and ending up there, … on that bus, … looking at that crowd, in an unimaginative and sterile street in Manchester, … on a dull Monday evening

He has the look of a man who now knows how Sir John Gielgud felt when he ended up in the film Caligula
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26385 on: May 23, 2022, 11:43:46 pm »
They honestly all just look bored. It's literally "job done" for them. They had a brief moment of euphoria - mostly relief because they had denied us rather out of any sense of achievement of their own - and now it's over. I've probably had longer and more satisfying orgasms.

There is no job satisfaction at that club. It's like an office job; they've basically just finished typing their last letter of the day and shut down their computer on a Friday night before hitting the pub. It's meaningless, worthless, and you can see they all know it. They're living a lie.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #26386 on: May 23, 2022, 11:48:14 pm »
They honestly all just look bored. It's literally "job done" for them. They had a brief moment of euphoria - mostly relief because they had denied us rather out of any sense of achievement of their own - and now it's over. I've probably had longer and more satisfying orgasms.

There is no job satisfaction at that club. It's like an office job; they've basically just finished typing their last letter of the day and shut down their computer on a Friday night before hitting the pub. It's meaningless, worthless, and you can see they all know it. They're living a lie.

apart from that it wasn’t. One of the only teams who can ‘win’ a league, but have underachieved in the eyes of their owners. You can be sure the human rights abusers won’t have been impressed, they still haven’t given them that extra sportswashing push they crave - winning the CL.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26387 on: May 23, 2022, 11:53:13 pm »

To be honest, all of them (including their manager) are being seriously over-paid to win the Champions League, not the Premier League. So, it is not a "job done" season. It is just another failure, while the really big clubs are playing in Paris on Saturday ...

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26388 on: May 23, 2022, 11:55:08 pm »
where is that mo salah-i have a new hat / City wins some cup picture when you need it?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #26389 on: May 23, 2022, 11:55:37 pm »

Cute of the players to bring their mums along to watch.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #26390 on: May 23, 2022, 11:56:17 pm »
My 92 year old neighbour died last year.  Not only were there just as many lining our little streets when the funeral car passed, there was a lot less misery  too

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #26391 on: May 24, 2022, 12:02:46 am »
apart from that it wasn’t. One of the only teams who can ‘win’ a league, but have underachieved in the eyes of their owners. You can be sure the human rights abusers won’t have been impressed, they still haven’t given them that extra sportswashing push they crave - winning the CL.
This is it. Given what they are, they've pretty much failed this season. The manager is employed to bring them the CL. He failed, again. After that, he is employed with a brief to operate a scorched earth policy domestically. They want/need him/them to be crushingly dominant. They failed.

Liverpool swept the board with the domestic cups, and the sportswash only 'won' the title with 10 minutes of the season to go. They had four trophies to aim for, but only 'won' one, and only by the skin of their teeth. They were minutes away from 'winning' nothing at all, despite spending billions of unearned pounds.

It's definitely a B- for Ped and his boring band of mercenaries this season.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 12:07:01 am by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #26392 on: May 24, 2022, 12:04:23 am »
Yes, it always hurts to lose a final...or come second in a closely fought league battle....but City provide so much comedy value in their "victories" that the hurt is usually diminished by a good 70 to 90 percent than if it were any other (proper) team who'd dealt the blow.

I'm being deadly serious here....

City ALWAYS provide us with a (non-intended) dividend of compensatory hilarity as the reality of their outfit gets utterly exposed on the streets of Manchester.

The schadenfreude they like to think "super-enhances" their glee whenever it's US they beat just doesn't really pan out because we're usually too busy pissing ourselves laughing at their woeful attempts at a victory parade.

If it were any other club....we'd be all..." Oh NO...I can't watch their parade and celebrations".....the pain's still too raw!!

But with City...we actually make a bee-line to tune in to their victory parades because it provides tremendous joy and healing for us....and makes us sooooo f*cking glad....we're NOT them!!

Any other club's victory parade would be "salt rubbed into the wound"....but with City, their parade makes us feel like we've just been dropped off at a BUPA hospital and there are ten, grade A surgeons working around the clock to heal a paper-cut on our pinkie finger!!

That is to say...City's victory parade is tailor-made for "healing" broken scouse hearts...and the funny thing about it is that this is really not what it's meant to be doing.

It's meant to be a sky-blue expression of league superiority.....a barbaric "yawp" from the roof-tops as Walt Whitman put it.

It never is.

They can never pull this off.

As a club, they just don't have the requisite volume or soul to create a breathtaking spectacle of urban euphoria...

They may be good at winning the league, but they're absolutely sh*te at taking that win out to the people of their city....whose unspoken role is to (voluntarily) turn up en-masse to further twist the knife of victory into the hearts and souls of all rivals and onlookers.

They insist on doing it however....mainly because well....that's what you do isn't it.....when you win something.....it's kind of expected that you spend time bonding with the fans and telling them that the trophy's just as much "for them" as it is for the club.

With City however, the club-ambition-to-urban-following ratio is seriously out-of-whack and these "parades" just really nail that truth home.

These people (supporters) are just being used....there's simply not enough of them to justify what's being shoved in front of them on these victory parade days.

When we talk about a football club's natural, "organic" growth....this is what we mean in many ways.

Man City's victory parades are an embarrassment.

They signify that ambition has definitely been pumped into the club....but it's an ambition which greatly outweighs and over-shadows the natural fan-base's volume, belief, or commitment to the club.

That's why Man City's victory parades (and general PR) are so amusing and so pitiable.

Huge, significant evolutionary phases have just been by-passed with oil money and the nett result is a club that's incapable of luring genuinely euphoric supporters onto the streets of Manchester in their tens of thousands....

They're not there....simply because they don't exist.

The club (as a financial, political enterprise) is immensely bigger than it's true, organic fan-base.....and it's on these days that follow "victory"...that the rest of the footballing world gets to see this evidenced in no uncertain terms!!

:o
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 01:25:38 am by RAWK Meltdown #1 »
YNWA

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26393 on: May 24, 2022, 12:07:58 am »

Poor guy! He should tune in to watch what a proper club's parade looks like. No wonder Pep is so obsessed with us.

Offline SOHC

• Main Stander
« Reply #26394 on: May 24, 2022, 12:32:16 am »
That is cathartically pathetic

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #26395 on: May 24, 2022, 12:34:00 am »
to be honest id say alot of the older die hard city fans dont even bother nowadays. they know its all so empty.
I said something similar a few days back that most of the real fans binned it off once the takeover happened and that they knew the soul of the club died then and there.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26396 on: May 24, 2022, 12:43:39 am »

It took me ages and numerous people quoting the picture before I realised that wasn't some random ginger getting bored while they were waiting for the parade and that was actually kdb on the parade bus. :lmao

You do have to wonder why they didn't just do it as a victory rally instead, a couple of thousand in the one square would at least give their pr team the ability to craft some pictures that made it look busy, it would only be missing out a few tram stops worth of streets after all.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 12:49:09 am by Skeeve »

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #26397 on: May 24, 2022, 12:52:58 am »
You can almost see him thinking "What the fuck have I done to deserve this?" As Dim Glass has pointed out a few pages ago, he probably doesn't care that much looking at his bank account and his trophy count, but there'll still be this little voice in the back of his head asking whether that is what he dreamt of as a kid when he wanted to become a professional footballer. Parading a bought trophy through what looks like a nuclear wasteland with a handful of survivors standing there asking themselves what the fuck is going on. It's probably even worse when he sees what goes on in almost every other place after a football club has won a trophy.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26398 on: May 24, 2022, 12:58:28 am »
Considering the area of town they were in, I'd be quite surprised if the streets aren't normally busier than that when there isn't a parade on.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26399 on: May 24, 2022, 01:00:21 am »
You can almost see him thinking "What the fuck have I done to deserve this?" As Dim Glass has pointed out a few pages ago, he probably doesn't care that much looking at his bank account and his trophy count, but there'll still be this little voice in the back of his head asking whether that is what he dreamt of as a kid when he wanted to become a professional footballer. Parading a bought trophy through what looks like a nuclear wasteland with a handful of survivors standing there asking themselves what the fuck is going on. It's probably even worse when he sees what goes on in almost every other place after a football club has won a trophy.

De Bruyne grew up as a LFC fan. By his own words, he idolized Gerrard. Of course that he will be feeling empty, even though his bank account is full. Some things can't be bought ...