Author Topic: The Grand Tour - Clarkson, Hammond and May  (Read 26625 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: The Grand Tour - Clarkson, Hammond and May
« Reply #200 on: August 18, 2021, 10:55:33 am »
Sorry you are right, but it definitely isn't "The Applecross".

I can see why it’s gets called it colloquially though, as it does pass through Applecross!

Esp given its real name is Bealach na Bŕ which I imagine most people have no clue how to pronounce  ;D

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: December 8, 2021, 07:19:33 pm »
New special on December 17th called Carnage a Trois based on various French cars

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #202 on: December 18, 2021, 02:23:36 am »
Just watched the new episode....

Spoiler
Was a great watch. I love the piss take of the french because, well, I’ve never met a good one. However what I’d say is it was a bit tame for them.

What I would say though is it had the best few minutes of TV since the start of these 3 together, in that Clarkson and Hammond were side by side in a car reviewing / being the obvious friends they are chatting about it. Found that really enjoyable. 

[close]

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #203 on: December 18, 2021, 09:49:32 am »
Much much better than the Scottish one which I really didn’t like.

It was a sort of love letter to the unique french car industry.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: December 18, 2021, 05:13:42 pm »
If they do ever get back to a "normal" filming schedule I hope that they recognise the benefit of specials like this, it gives the show a more personal feel and at the same time you then have a greater contrast between these and the journey specials.

This one had a good balance between the obvious pisstaking and a seemingly genuine appreciation of some of the cars and design ideas.

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: September 6, 2022, 09:37:16 pm »
New special on Friday the 16th of September.

Set in Norway, Sweden and Finland.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: September 7, 2022, 08:25:29 am »
New special on Friday the 16th of September.

Set in Norway, Sweden and Finland.

Lots of snow and ice then…
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Online Nitramdorf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: September 17, 2022, 10:50:56 am »
Really enjoyed the new special. Some lovely scenery and was pretty funny in places. Glad James was ok.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: January 16, 2023, 06:25:06 pm »
Looks like Clarkson is going to be dropped from Amazon after his article on Meghan. I wonder if this will be the end for the trio or will another streaming service take them on.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: January 16, 2023, 08:15:29 pm »
Clarkson should be dropped from a cliff.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #210 on: January 16, 2023, 08:18:48 pm »
Looks like Clarkson is going to be dropped from Amazon after his article on Meghan. I wonder if this will be the end for the trio or will another streaming service take them on.

Its not like they are short of money, but you wonder what Hammond and May think when they see Clarkson do/say something stupid in the press. They supposedly get millions for their Amazon work, and to have it deleted because of Clarksons outright stupidity must be fairly upsetting.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #211 on: January 16, 2023, 08:35:16 pm »
Hammond & May have their own shows, but think could be the end for Clarkson & TGT, Clarkson has made himself toxic right now because of that article, as said it's not like the trio are short of money.

Feels kind of TGT has been winding down anyway, certainly since they did away with the studio element of TGT, can see ITV dropping Clarkson from who wants to be a millionaire show too.

Just read Clarkson's contract with Amazon is up next year, so is likely not to be renewed anyway, & has 1 more series of WWTBAM due to be filmed
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 08:55:31 pm by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2023, 09:25:48 pm »
I quite like the Grand Tour where they do a country or classic journey. Will be a shame to lose it and the three of them are entertaining even if much of it is highly scripted. But yes, he’s unsupportable with his ass comments.

Online Nitramdorf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: June 6, 2023, 06:52:38 pm »
A new special on Friday 16th. Set in Poland, Hungary, Slovakia and Slovenia. Just saw a pic of James' car, a 1947 Crosley Convertible.