Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 2 v Fulham 0 ‘40 Mo, Shaqiri '53  (Read 32548 times)

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Liverpool 2 v Fulham 0 ‘40 Mo, Shaqiri '53
« Reply #280 on: November 11, 2018, 04:15:36 pm »
I'm struggling to want United to win but.....

We played okay today but I hope that Jurgen unleashes the beast come January.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: November 11, 2018, 04:17:29 pm »
I really cant be arsed debating in a position against LFC, Id rather enjoy the win and a little bit of luck, however the offside was not clear and the free kick from Alison could easily have been asked to be re-taken
I'm delighted we won, i've been smiling all afternoon. The officials were shit as they are every week. More went against us than for us so I don't give a shit the ball was moving when Alisson played it

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: November 11, 2018, 04:18:38 pm »
I thought Robertson had a great game but bloody hell Shaqiri should have been given motm, he had a cracking game and took his goal wonderfully.

We played on par for a 12.00 K.O. We just don't like them at all so that was a decent win and a very welcome 3 points.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #283 on: November 11, 2018, 04:22:42 pm »
Mane  wasnt good  today.  Had genuine trouble controlling the ball when through. 

Maybe first half.......I didn't think Mane should have stayed on. In the 2nd half I watched him very closely and he didn't mis-control the ball at all. He had a decent 2nd half.
#JFT97

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #284 on: November 11, 2018, 04:23:35 pm »
Top of the league! For now at least.

Still top after the Chelsea result.
#JFT97

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #285 on: November 11, 2018, 04:24:21 pm »
Still top after the Chelsea result.

Yes we are!
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #286 on: November 11, 2018, 04:28:14 pm »
Win, clean sheet and top of the league. We were never going to win 5 or 6-0 so it was imperative to just get the points. Top of the league, for now at least, and not even playing our best.

Manchester City don't have another gear to find. Neither do Chelsea. We do. A few in fact. If we can recapture some of the form from the second half of last season, we'll be a scary proposition. The front three must improve as a unit though. At times it looks as though we've signed all 3 late in the summer and they've never played with each other before.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: November 11, 2018, 04:35:33 pm »
Win, clean sheet and top of the league. We were never going to win 5 or 6-0 so it was imperative to just get the points. Top of the league, for now at least, and not even playing our best.

Manchester City don't have another gear to find. Neither do Chelsea. We do. A few in fact. If we can recapture some of the form from the second half of last season, we'll be a scary proposition. The front three must improve as a unit though. At times it looks as though we've signed all 3 late in the summer and they've never played with each other before.

We know they are capable of it. Klopp has done this with Dortmund and he has replicated it here. Are we focusing more on defensive solidity than our attack play? Is it because out recently signed players are still coming to terms with their role in our team? Is Buvac really the architect of our attack play? Don't know. But we are still getting in spite of it so I guess we will wait and see

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: November 11, 2018, 04:36:59 pm »
I though we did quite well. They had some good opportunities early on as did we. Mitrovic (aside from his falling over) made life difficult at times for Gomez but on the whole the back four did well. First half we had a couple of good chances before we scored the first. Bit more composed and such and we could of been 1 up sooner. When the second goal went In it pretty much killed the game. Obviously still much room for improvement and could still do with moving the ball quicker.

It's frustrating right now because when we do put together s good passage of play it's usually blocked or we make the wrong decision at the vital moments but hopefully today was a step in the right direction.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #289 on: November 11, 2018, 04:50:57 pm »
Got to win these games. We did. Fair enough.
Linudden.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #290 on: November 11, 2018, 05:06:33 pm »
I thought Robertson had a great game but bloody hell Shaqiri should have been given motm, he had a cracking game and took his goal wonderfully.

We played on par for a 12.00 K.O. We just don't like them at all so that was a decent win and a very welcome 3 points.

I agree with the Shaqiri bit, but John, lets be honest here, 3 hours should in no way make a difference to a professional sportsman.

All Gegen and no press these days, if anything,we're bing outpressed. Flashes of brilliance are not enough to win a title.

Big positive was seeing Henderson back in there(The dour one will not like that).

Over all, still bang average and as mentioned in other threads, the international break may do us a favour rather than historically being a hinderance considering how we had been playing.

Wake up Liverpool, please. 

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #291 on: November 11, 2018, 05:06:55 pm »
I was at the game it was a cakewalk
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: November 11, 2018, 05:07:43 pm »
This was a clear win.
Redmen deserve all the praise.
Even when the Atmosphere at Anfield lacking.
Nothing can stop us from being top of the table, for a few hours...
Deserve the three points.

Just wait till we get in top gear.
Forget about the other clubs, focus on us.
Keep it up Klopp!

Some bold statements there mate..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #293 on: November 11, 2018, 05:11:32 pm »

The move in the first half was quality if that goes in, its the sort of goal that can really give a team momentum, suddenly they begin to try everything. I just feel we need a moment like that to go for us.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #294 on: November 11, 2018, 05:16:20 pm »
The move in the first half was quality if that goes in, its the sort of goal that can really give a team momentum, suddenly they begin to try everything. I just feel we need a moment like that to go for us.
there were 4 or 5 like that from where I sat, amazed there was so much negativity on the radio.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #295 on: November 11, 2018, 05:18:11 pm »
there were 4 or 5 like that from where I sat, amazed there was so much negativity on the radio.

I'm never surprised in those radio phone in shows they always seem to attrack very negative callers. That was my perspective of the game we had a few really good moves, that ball that Keita played at the end was exactly what the front three need. If he can get up to speed than that will instantly lift us.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #296 on: November 11, 2018, 05:35:17 pm »

I was at the game it was quite dull.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #297 on: November 11, 2018, 05:36:30 pm »
3 points is the most  important aspect to today
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: November 11, 2018, 05:37:50 pm »
I'm never surprised in those radio phone in shows they always seem to attrack very negative callers. That was my perspective of the game we had a few really good moves, that ball that Keita played at the end was exactly what the front three need. If he can get up to speed than that will instantly lift us.

Keita is the one that can take us from 2nd gear into 4th..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #299 on: November 11, 2018, 05:40:21 pm »
Some bold statements there mate..

Bold indeed.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #300 on: November 11, 2018, 06:17:28 pm »
Can’t wait for us to become ruthless again. Decent performance today with some lovely hints of the spark coming back to our attacking play.

Fulham fans were really shite too which didn’t help the atmosphere, heard about 4 songs from them all game.
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: November 11, 2018, 06:43:49 pm »
The fact that some thought we got outplayed in the first half really amuses me.

Offline georgiejones

• Kopite
« Reply #302 on: November 11, 2018, 06:52:04 pm »
Shairi goal was sublime

Chambers should have been sent off

Ref let shitloads of timewasting just continue to happen for them

We look like we are focusing more on managing games than playing the fast, free flowing, attacking football of last season
I just think he’s setting the teams up to conserve energy and go flat out in the games that they need to,

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: November 11, 2018, 07:08:51 pm »
The fact that some thought we got outplayed in the first half really amuses me.

We didnt play well but no way did we get outplayed. Laughable statement by whoever said that.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: November 11, 2018, 07:29:59 pm »
We didnt play well but no way did we get outplayed. Laughable statement by whoever said that.

Look at the half-time thread, it's pure comedy gold.

Offline garumn

• Kopite
« Reply #305 on: November 11, 2018, 07:52:08 pm »
Not a great first half, and we had a bit of luck to go in with a lead. Thought we played well in the second half and controlled it well. Never gave them a sniff. Happy with that for a 12.00 kick-off.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: November 11, 2018, 07:58:58 pm »
We did what we had to do, very efficient, still not quite the ruthlessness in. Don't know why that is, but all in all, we're still getting the points, and that's all we can keep on doing.
I believe the performance and sublime merciless ball-netting (?) will come. We'll still only get 3 points for it though.
And quick thinking by Becker to move that free-kick so quick. Haven't seen it again, if it was moving, at least the ref fucked up in our favour for once.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #307 on: November 11, 2018, 08:15:08 pm »
Can't complain if we can keep grinding out the wins, but a really dominant performance with a few goals might just put a marker down to other teams that we truly are the real deal now.

Still, a good weekend and we've pulled a little clear of the other top teams.

Online Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #308 on: November 11, 2018, 08:26:16 pm »
I was at the game it was quite dull.

But it was still a cakewalk!!

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: November 11, 2018, 08:27:00 pm »
I just think he’s setting the teams up to conserve energy and go flat out in the games that they need to,

Absolutely not.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #310 on: November 11, 2018, 08:29:04 pm »
Beat a very very poor Fulham team whilst in 2nd gear. We were pretty lucky to have not gone behind in the first half as they had the best of the chances before we scored. We had a lot of possession without really doing anything and dare I say we've become a pretty boring team to watch. Constantly passing backwards, sideways, backwards, sideways. I don't mind going back if there's purpose to go forwards. We seem to be passing for passing sake with no real plan once we get towards the final third.

I cant say I'm not concerned with our fluidity in the final 3rd. Something just doesn't feel right and Bobby looks a shell of the player he was last season. 2 goals in 12 PL games isn't good enough for a number 9 in a team wanting to challenge for the PL title. Did he even have a shot today? Mane was equally poor and despite a decent start to the season, he has really gone off the boil - that first touch when 1v1.... ??? We've got to find our ruthless streak again.

Obviously a win's a win and the 3 points is all that matters so i'm happy. I just hope we're able to use this international break to refresh and get ready for a very tough set of fixtures that'll take us through to the start of January when we play City away.

MOTM was Shaqiri, followed closely by Robertson who were superb.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: November 11, 2018, 08:34:17 pm »
Beat a very very poor Fulham team whilst in 2nd gear. We were pretty lucky to have not gone behind in the first half as they had the best of the chances before we scored. We had a lot of possession without really doing anything and dare I say we've become a pretty boring team to watch. Constantly passing backwards, sideways, backwards, sideways. I don't mind going back if there's purpose to go forwards. We seem to be passing for passing sake with no real plan once we get towards the final third.

Massively disagree. They had a good chance through Sessegnon, but that wasn't the better of the chances, Salah had a chance 5 yards in front of goal, after his link up play with Firmino.

There was a chance for Mane as well in the first half when his shot was placed poorly, there was a chance by Salah when he hit it on the volley after a chip by Shaqiri, there was a chance by Shaqiri inside the box when he had inches wide.

All of those chances, [with one of those being clearly the better chance than what they had] were created before we scored the first goal, in the first half. So the sideways passing wasn't for sideways passing sake either, they played with 10 men behind the ball, we had to move the ball around and probe as best we could.

Online Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: November 11, 2018, 08:53:50 pm »
Nervy first half at times - they caused us more issues than I thought they would to be fair. Not seen the disallowed goal back yet since I've got home - I said to the person next to me I'd like to see it again as it looked bloody marginal from my view. Very quick thinking from Alisson though to help get us up the pitch to score.

Shaqiri was fantastic today, really showing his quality now he's in a good side. Other mentions to Mo - looks much happier and energetic, and those moments of individual brilliance are returning. Andy Robertson had a great game at left back too.

I'm sensing at Anfield there's an edginess created by probably City's brilliance rather than what we're not doing. It's **** that we are on 30 points after 12 games and sit 2nd, it really is. But the boys are continuing to string the points together, and so long as that continues we WILL be there if/when City have a slip up.

Offline RF

• Are we there yet?... is it open?... where are we?... what's that?...it's a lazy twat! Is my card marked?.. Yes it is?
  • Kopite
« Reply #313 on: November 11, 2018, 08:59:36 pm »
I agree with the Shaqiri bit, but John, lets be honest here, 3 hours should in no way make a difference to a professional sportsman.

All Gegen and no press these days, if anything,we're bing outpressed. Flashes of brilliance are not enough to win a title.

Big positive was seeing Henderson back in there(The dour one will not like that).

Over all, still bang average and as mentioned in other threads, the international break may do us a favour rather than historically being a hinderance considering how we had been playing.

Wake up Liverpool, please. 

Thing is though are our players not pressing, because they are just generally not playing anywhere near their best  or are they being instructed to not press as much in order to save some energy for the rest of the season? Personally I think it’s a bit of a mixture of both. We can’t sustain 100mph football all season.

Online Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: November 11, 2018, 09:07:27 pm »
Thing is though are our players not pressing, because they are just generally not playing anywhere near their best  or are they being instructed to not press as much in order to save some energy for the rest of the season? Personally I think it’s a bit of a mixture of both. We can’t sustain 100mph football all season.

And last season we would be visibly shot to pieces in the latter stages of games. Klopp isn't silly - now we have a defence we can trust I presume there's no longer the instruction to go out all guns blazing so we have the energy for 90 minutes.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #315 on: November 11, 2018, 09:10:36 pm »
Massively disagree. They had a good chance through Sessegnon, but that wasn't the better of the chances, Salah had a chance 5 yards in front of goal, after his link up play with Firmino.

There was a chance for Mane as well in the first half when his shot was placed poorly, there was a chance by Salah when he hit it on the volley after a chip by Shaqiri, there was a chance by Shaqiri inside the box when he had inches wide.

All of those chances, [with one of those being clearly the better chance than what they had] were created before we scored the first goal, in the first half. So the sideways passing wasn't for sideways passing sake either, they played with 10 men behind the ball, we had to move the ball around and probe as best we could.

How many shots on target did we have in the first half mate?
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: November 11, 2018, 09:26:57 pm »
As much as we haven't been at our best this season, this was another comfortable 2nd half. Meanwhile, Spurs had to wait over 70 minutes to break down Palace, Arsenal salvaged a point and were lucky not to lose at home to Wolves in injury time and Chelsea couldn't score against Everton. City are looking excellent, but even with all their impressive wins and massive signings, we're only 2 points behind after 12 games, having played 3 top 6 aways... Lovely stuff, always nice to go into an international break on a high.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #317 on: November 11, 2018, 09:28:22 pm »
Loved Joes cynical fouls as well, we miss a bit of that.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: November 11, 2018, 09:30:37 pm »
I really didn’t see the sense in bringing on Milner for the last 10, whilst Keita desperately needs minutes.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #319 on: November 11, 2018, 09:41:19 pm »
How many shots on target did we have in the first half mate?
I think that's possibly not the key indicator of what constitutes a good chance. Indeed, I think your assessment of Liverpool's first half is leaning towards being overly negative. Watching that half in the moment may have felt unnerving but your comments about Fulham having the better chances is not true. It wasn't vintage stuff but Fulham were not carving out regular chances - one really decent one compared to a string of moments where Liverpool could have scored.

I do think we've entered unusual territory here whereby perceptions of performance are superseding the result. I'm not suggesting that we shouldn't critically analyse the play but I don't think performance should dictate the mood to the extent it appears to be doing. The accumulation of points is the key. The winning of boring games is perfectly good practice. Offering overtly and, possibly, one-eyed reviews of performances where negatives are accentuated and positives dismissed is not the most productive way to evaluate this team as they sit two points off the top in November having dropped 6 out of 36 points.

Sat in the upper-main this afternoon I was struck by the intolerance of some with any mistake or imperfection. My (least) favourite line that I heard was "I told you, he's BANG average" - this was a fan's view of 20 year old Tent Alexander-Arnold. Strange times indeed.

I am startled by this 'new' emphasis. It's really quite miserable and I am not sure where it's getting us.