Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2514522 times)

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #7520 on: December 18, 2016, 03:15:08 pm »
Where has he said he didn't know? Tony Barrett reported it quoting Klopp.

Barrett misquoted him live during the press conference. Someone posted the link and there's video online of the actual quote.

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7521 on: December 18, 2016, 03:16:57 pm »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jurgen-klopp-bans-liverpool-players-7760479

They've got direct quotes from Klopp and it would seem pretty strange to make it up, it's hardly a major story for a national newspaper. It would also be pretty strange if all of a sudden the players all decided to stop touching it for no reason.

You mean, the MIrror lifted quotes from Barrett's twitter without checking them.

Feel free to watch the video at http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/04/video-touching-anfield-sign-show-respect-says-jurgen-klopp/ where he clearly says "I don't know really exactly how it works..."

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #7522 on: December 19, 2016, 03:24:03 pm »
You mean, the MIrror lifted quotes from Barrett's twitter without checking them.

Feel free to watch the video at http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/04/video-touching-anfield-sign-show-respect-says-jurgen-klopp/ where he clearly says "I don't know really exactly how it works..."

...and then suggests that it should be for players who have won something. So no "ban" but clearly a strong suggestion.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7523 on: December 20, 2016, 12:46:05 pm »
Ayre said the internals will be finished in January. Really can't see that being the case. Next season maybe.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7524 on: December 20, 2016, 12:48:39 pm »
Ayre said the internals will be finished in January. Really can't see that being the case. Next season maybe.

Can't see it being the case based on what?

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7525 on: December 20, 2016, 12:57:17 pm »
Can't see it being the case based on what?
Just on what I've seen from the tunnel cam videos. Haven't seen anything changing internally (around the entrance to the pitch) since the stand first opened.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7526 on: December 20, 2016, 12:59:50 pm »
Just on what I've seen from the tunnel cam videos. Haven't seen anything changing internally (around the entrance to the pitch) since the stand first opened.

That's why those temporary walls are there though, to hide away the work going on behind, so you won't see any of the changes until they connect the completed work to the entrance to the tunnel area.

I mean it's a bit of a leap to go from seeing so little on some videos to 'next season'  ;D

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7527 on: December 20, 2016, 01:22:20 pm »
That's why those temporary walls are there though, to hide away the work going on behind, so you won't see any of the changes until they connect the completed work to the entrance to the tunnel area.

I mean it's a bit of a leap to go from seeing so little on some videos to 'next season'  ;D
Haha. Well, that coupled with a complete lack of photos of the progression. Usually the official site or someone would have posted pictures but there is nothing.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7528 on: December 20, 2016, 01:25:53 pm »
Haha. Well, that coupled with a complete lack of photos of the progression. Usually the official site or someone would have posted pictures but there is nothing.

I imagine there isn't too much to show, as it's all going to be fairly small rooms, corridors, etc. down there, compared to the big large spaces (terraces, suites, concourse) we saw loads of photos of previously. Only the changing rooms of much interest, and doubt they'll show them until 100% completed.

Don't see any reason why it won't be January, for the moment anyway.

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7529 on: December 20, 2016, 05:00:10 pm »
It will be complete in January.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7530 on: December 21, 2016, 02:39:38 pm »
anyone an idea on what has to be finished?

changing rooms is it?
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7531 on: December 21, 2016, 05:18:45 pm »
See one post above
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #7532 on: December 21, 2016, 08:53:57 pm »
Anyone know when the tunnels finished

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7533 on: December 21, 2016, 08:55:44 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #7534 on: December 21, 2016, 09:26:24 pm »

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #7535 on: December 21, 2016, 11:21:02 pm »
Thanks for clearing that up

How about an artist's render?
We are Liverpool!

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
« Reply #7536 on: December 24, 2016, 04:29:45 pm »
Hello everyone its been awhile, anyway did someone ask about the new club shop, well was passing tonight and the steels are going up, no stick with me so no pictures over the fence.

Seasons greetings to all of you and will post more pictures in the new year as it goes up.

When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline blood.red

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #7537 on: December 28, 2016, 04:21:59 am »
slightly offtopic but related to mainstand . sorry if this has been posted before .what is the expected match day revenue this year with the new mainstand . have the club released any stats of increase in match day revenue per game after the main stand development .
I have never been to Anfield. But my blood is RED ..... Liverpool is in my blood ...

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7538 on: December 28, 2016, 12:38:15 pm »
slightly offtopic but related to mainstand . sorry if this has been posted before .what is the expected match day revenue this year with the new mainstand . have the club released any stats of increase in match day revenue per game after the main stand development .

Don't think you'll get any indication until the end of year finances are released. Look out for Swiss Ramble's (I think it's him) breakdown of the finances when that happens.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7539 on: December 28, 2016, 12:39:33 pm »
Somewhere between £20-30m extra a season.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #7540 on: December 28, 2016, 12:43:07 pm »
Hello everyone its been awhile, anyway did someone ask about the new club shop, well was passing tonight and the steels are going up, no stick with me so no pictures over the fence.

Seasons greetings to all of you and will post more pictures in the new year as it goes up.

Great stuff, love stuff like this, ok it's a bit small time compared to the monster main stand, but still great to see the progress in pictures, nice one mate. All the best to you too!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Glory Hunter

• Kemlynite
« Reply #7541 on: December 30, 2016, 07:04:57 pm »
I see, I think it was Graham Beacroft, on LFCtv the other day saying that Klopp has asked that the final part of internals be put on hold until the summer so that there's minimal disruption to the players during the rest of the season.
Contrifribularities - It is a common word down our way!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7542 on: December 30, 2016, 07:07:06 pm »
I see, I think it was Graham Beacroft, on LFCtv the other day saying that Klopp has asked that the final part of internals be put on hold until the summer so that there's minimal disruption to the players during the rest of the season.

Because the 1 time they are at Anfield every 2 weeks disrupts them?

Offline paul j

• Kopite
  • liverpool f.c is my religion.
« Reply #7543 on: December 31, 2016, 11:26:25 am »
Because the 1 time they are at Anfield every 2 weeks disrupts them?
I think he means it in a superstition sort of way,so he wants them to carry on using the temporary changing rooms and the walk to the tunnel to remain the same.
5 stars upon my shirt.
i am scouse not english.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7544 on: December 31, 2016, 11:28:39 am »
I think he means it in a superstition sort of way,so he wants them to carry on using the temporary changing rooms and the walk to the tunnel to remain the same.

If we win the league does it stay like that forever?  ;D

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #7545 on: December 31, 2016, 12:08:15 pm »
But you can see they have been working on it and the corridor has changed..... there is now a doorway in front of the tunnel enterence and you can also turn right now as you come from the pitch through the tunnel..... so they're still working on it

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7546 on: December 31, 2016, 01:16:04 pm »

Let's hope klopp says we need to keep improving anfield so let's start the anfield road stand asap.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7547 on: January 5, 2017, 11:24:10 am »
Going to be interesting to see how John Henry's claims of being unable to justify the Anfield Road expansion hold up if Everton do end up going ahead with their stadium. Would show an absolute lack of ambition if Everton of all people have a bigger ground than us
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7548 on: January 5, 2017, 11:28:28 am »
Going to be interesting to see how John Henry's claims of being unable to justify the Anfield Road expansion hold up if Everton do end up going ahead with their stadium. Would show an absolute lack of ambition if Everton of all people have a bigger ground than us

What they do has fuck all impact on what we should do. Comparing us to them is what their shitty bitter fans like to do.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7549 on: January 5, 2017, 11:33:25 am »
What they do has fuck all impact on what we should do. Comparing us to them is what their shitty bitter fans like to do.

4 minutes to reply Craig? Must have started your shift early.

The phrase pissing down our backs and telling us it's raining comes to mind. Of course Everton's owners having more ambition when it comes to getting fans into the ground is concerning. They should be levels below us, instead they'd have a bigger stadium
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7550 on: January 5, 2017, 11:37:19 am »
4 minutes to reply Craig? Must have started your shift early.

Shame knicker wetters have to start their shift at all, but hey ho.

The phrase pissing down our backs and telling us it's raining comes to mind. Of course Everton's owners having more ambition when it comes to getting fans into the ground is concerning. They should be levels below us, instead they'd have a bigger stadium

So if it costs £500m, see's them having high ticket prices, and takes them 20 years to pay back (whilst taking funds from their ability to spend and compete on the pitch) - that's all fine as long as they have a higher capacity as that 'shows ambition'?

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7551 on: January 5, 2017, 11:41:36 am »
Shame knicker wetters have to start their shift at all, but hey ho.

So if it costs £500m, see's them having high ticket prices, and takes them 20 years to pay back (whilst taking funds from their ability to spend and compete on the pitch) - that's all fine as long as they have a higher capacity as that 'shows ambition'?

You're gonna be gutted when Ian Ayre is gone fella. If you want to laughably defend the idea of Everton having a bigger ground than us, be my guest, I can't be arsed arguing with you. FSG will never do anything bad in your eyes.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7552 on: January 5, 2017, 11:44:47 am »
You're gonna be gutted when Ian Ayre is gone fella. If you want to laughably defend the idea of Everton having a bigger ground than us, be my guest, I can't be arsed arguing with you. FSG will never do anything bad in your eyes.

Not defending the club here at all, I'm pointing out you're wetting your knickers and acting like the tits over on the Everton forum that get quoted and laughed at on here.

I mean you have no idea....

- Where it's even going to be
- What the capacity will be
- What it will cost
- How it will be paid for
- How much tickets will be
- How it will affect their ability to compete on the pitch
- If it'll even fucking get built

...but as long as you can come and have a moan, right? It's knicker wetting at it's finest.

And for the record, I've stated many times I think the Anny Rd should be done, and will continue to think that even if the club come out and say they aren't going to.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7553 on: January 5, 2017, 12:03:44 pm »

Fuck me, talk about jumping the gun! We haven't even had a full season with the new stand yet, no need to get your knickers in a twist just yet mate!

While I don't think it's at all likely, I genuinely couldn't give a shit if Everton end up with a lovely new stadium. Defining ourselves by others is exactly how you end up with the mentality that the bitters have.

John Henry's comments on extending Annie Rd were an unnecessary dig at the ticket protest/a test of the waters to see if people prefer a new stand or lower ticker prices. I didn't like the timing of the comments, but they're just hot air. Let's give things a chance to pan out before jumping to conclusions.

Personally speaking, I don't want to rush to do up the Annie Road, nor was it ever part of the plans that we'd immediately be doing it either. I'd much rather wait to see how we do with season tickets/demand for tickets/ticket prices/attendances before rushing to spend a load of money. I'd prefer we make informed decisions - more haste/less speed type thing.

My biggest concern is making the capacity too large to always fill. I don't want any Liverpool game at Anfield to ever not be at capacity - it affects the atmosphere in every stand. I'm also very wary of changing the demographics of the crowd so dramatically again, before we've seen what changes come with the Main Stand. I don't want Anfield to feel anything like the Emirates. And I'm keen we don't lose the character/atmosphere/behaviours that have developed over the last few decades to suddenly be diluted for the sake of keeping up with the Jones's (whose house, garden, family, team, shed are all shitter than ours already, and unlikely to change)

Ideally, I'd like us to do up the Annie Road. But only if it makes sense.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #7554 on: January 5, 2017, 01:31:39 pm »
Who cares? Not like they'll fill it. They could build the Maracana on the banks of the Mersey for all I care. They can't fill Goodison Park. New ground with higher prices, yeah they'll flock to that to watch the Dutch Joe Royle and his shit on a stick team.

Has no bearing on us. Unless it bankrupts them, of course. Then it's a lesson.

It's not even likely to happen, by the way.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline RaveDave

• Kopite
« Reply #7555 on: January 5, 2017, 05:16:13 pm »

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #7556 on: January 5, 2017, 05:20:18 pm »
Does anyone have any pictures of how the temporary ones look at the minute?
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7557 on: January 5, 2017, 06:44:57 pm »
Does anyone have any pictures of how the temporary ones look at the minute?

You can see it in the background of players' photos.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOsrdt-jDR5/

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7558 on: January 5, 2017, 06:46:00 pm »

« Last Edit: January 5, 2017, 06:48:34 pm by El Denzel Pepito »

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7559 on: January 5, 2017, 06:48:44 pm »
it would also be fucking embarrassing if Everton had loads of empty seats and/or had to cut ticket prices ridiculously to sell it out that they struggle to pay back the debt.

Besides, they'd be smart to see if safe standing is allowed as that solves the problem of more people in the ground, cheaper tickets and far lower cost compared to adding another tier to the anny road end, plus can be done much faster as opposed to the white elephant on the docks