Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3432798 times)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #33840 on: October 23, 2019, 12:42:51 pm »

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #33841 on: October 23, 2019, 12:44:07 pm »
Cringe city. Yikes.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #33842 on: October 23, 2019, 12:51:24 pm »
Samoyed Khedira (or Lee).
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33843 on: October 23, 2019, 01:18:26 pm »
Can anyone help our poor rivals with their problem

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1186932999998361600?s=21

Begging Youtubers to tell everyone how great the Etihad is, absolutely shambolic Club.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #33844 on: October 23, 2019, 01:21:03 pm »
Anyone want to help those plastics?  :D
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #33845 on: October 23, 2019, 01:35:17 pm »
Had a gander at Blue moon.

They have a thread about how they still hold the record for consecutive wins (and ours doesn't count as it spans two seasons) and quite remarkably they are (hopefully tongue in cheek) suggesting Mo dressing his daughter up as the character from Moana is racist.

Christ.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #33846 on: October 23, 2019, 01:40:51 pm »
:lmao

3 relatively unknown clubs?

Two of whom have won the UEFA Cup (something Man City haven't achieved). Shaktar have a much better European record than City.

Cheeky bastards

Online King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33847 on: October 23, 2019, 01:41:15 pm »
Sterling has been amazing for them. Either him or Suarez have to be the biggest losses of talent in terms of who we have sold.

sterling doesn't get into our 1st eleven though.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #33848 on: October 23, 2019, 01:46:12 pm »
Behave.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #33849 on: October 23, 2019, 01:57:51 pm »
Behave.

I understand what you mean, but he does have a point. Which of our front three would he replace?
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #33850 on: October 23, 2019, 01:59:13 pm »
Begging Youtubers to tell everyone how great the Etihad is, absolutely shambolic Club.

Internet cheerleaders? Is that how bad they are. They already pay people to wave those big flags like Chelsea and Arsenal, they give out plastic flags for the punters to wave, they sell out every week because the owners buy surplus seats. And it’s still a shite atmosphere.
I was thinking about putting t’ song to them

We’ve conquered all of Bolton
Hulme and Ancoats too.
From t’Arndale down to Cheadle
And parts of Wigan too,
Pep and Sheik Mansour
Make some noise for Fabian Delph 
Still no Big eared cup
Upon our Trophy Shelf
Ginnel, ginnel, ginnel,
Etc

They make Chelsea look classy
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #33851 on: October 23, 2019, 02:28:27 pm »
Briard Mahrez

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33853 on: October 23, 2019, 03:12:52 pm »
(https://twitter.com/DWLFC94/status/1186890892684267521?s=03)

The rawkus celebrations might distract you from the huge amount of empty seats in the top tier. Didn't someone say this game was supposedly a sell out?

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #33854 on: October 23, 2019, 03:45:09 pm »
Sterling has been amazing for them. Either him or Suarez have to be the biggest losses of talent in terms of who we have sold.

Suarez was talented, but he wanted the Spanish clubs and it kind of ran its course his time with us.

I didn't want Sterling to go. He didn't have to the way that situation came about was all avoidable.
The money was good, but it didn't have to happen. And I wish it didn't.

But who knows maybe Mane wouldn't have come if he stayed....we have ended up in a good place. Can argue for and against him in place of any one of our front 3 at present, but they might not have somebody in place able to replicate what Sterling does for them now.

Most of their main attacking threat now for Guardiola was inherited in Sterling and Aguero, De Bruyne etc
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #33855 on: October 23, 2019, 04:09:55 pm »
(https://twitter.com/DWLFC94/status/1186890892684267521?s=03)

The rawkus celebrations might distract you from the huge amount of empty seats in the top tier. Didn't someone say this game was supposedly a sell out?

as the first comment points out 'no one moves in the opposite stand'  :lmao
Believer

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33856 on: October 23, 2019, 04:24:16 pm »
Stan Collie...

Rodri out for a month?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #33857 on: October 23, 2019, 04:35:38 pm »
No defense, no Rodri, no Silva....

I guess they'll just have to field a better side than 90% of the PL out of their bench & reserves then, eh?
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #33858 on: October 23, 2019, 05:02:08 pm »
No defense, no Rodri, no Silva....

I guess they'll just have to field a better side than 90% of the PL out of their bench & reserves then, eh?
I've no sympathy with them whatsoever. They've stockpiled enough talent to field two or three Premier League teams with their unlimited lottery fund.

We've been without the best 'keeper in the world since the first day of the season and lost Salah for the Manc game due to injury too, yet all we hear about is how 'lucky' we are with injuries and how badly done to Abu Dhabi are.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #33859 on: October 23, 2019, 10:24:50 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50159583

"Man City distance themselves from advert seeking influencers to boost attendances."

Well, of course they do...no honestly....we understand.....really!!

;D ;D ;D ;D
YNWA

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33860 on: October 23, 2019, 10:30:07 pm »
Stan Collie...

Rodri out for a month?
He’ll be back in time for the weekend, mate.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #33861 on: October 23, 2019, 10:49:22 pm »
A social media agency from Edinburgh called Pilotfish Media has been reasearching Abu Dhabi FC's social media following too, and they reckon over half of their followers on Instagram and over a 3rd on Twitter are fake.  Not a surprise of course, being as such a poorly supported club aren't going to have that many million legitimate followers on social media.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33862 on: October 23, 2019, 11:01:14 pm »
A social media agency from Edinburgh called Pilotfish Media has been reasearching Abu Dhabi FC's social media following too, and they reckon over half of their followers on Instagram and over a 3rd on Twitter are fake.  Not a surprise of course, being as such a poorly supported club aren't going to have that many million legitimate followers on social media.

Their entire 'club' is fake, so no surprise at all there.

They are situated within a comparatively very short distance from two of the biggest clubs on Earth who cornered the market for support both locally and further afield a long, long time ago. The only reason you support what used to be City, and what is now Abu Dhabi is either family indoctrination or you are a sad glory hunter who latches on to whoever is winning at any given time. Everything to do with their big-time status is fake, and propped up by billions being pumped into them from outside the sport. They are little more than a puppet club for a tyrant state.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33863 on: October 24, 2019, 12:08:29 am »

At a minimum I'd say. And they wonder why they garner such little respect. The whole modern day Man City is almost completely fabricated and built around deception.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33864 on: October 24, 2019, 12:43:18 am »
At a minimum I'd say. And they wonder why they garner such little respect. The whole modern day Man City is almost completely fabricated and built around deception.
Smoke and Mirrors FC.  :)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #33865 on: October 24, 2019, 12:45:58 am »

If their stadium is anything to go by I’d say a 1/3 is being generous

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #33866 on: October 24, 2019, 07:30:34 am »
So has the corruption stuff been swept under a rug?  Seems to to silenced?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33867 on: October 24, 2019, 07:40:12 am »

That ship has sailed on a sea of blood money. Feeble promise of investigation once the story broke and that is about it. Don’t expect much.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33868 on: October 24, 2019, 11:05:20 am »
Chihuahua Toure

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33869 on: October 24, 2019, 02:05:41 pm »

Paddy Berger Picard.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33870 on: October 24, 2019, 04:00:10 pm »
Chihuahua Toure

Is his brother Yap Yap Toure??

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33871 on: October 24, 2019, 04:10:39 pm »
I wouldn't have the shitehawk cleaning the Academy toilets.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33872 on: October 24, 2019, 05:48:23 pm »
Chihuahua Toure
If Guardiola leaves they can always go in for Poochettino.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33873 on: October 24, 2019, 05:53:40 pm »

At the time, Suarez. But he's done now, whereas Sterling is plenty good enough now and will get better yet.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33874 on: October 24, 2019, 06:12:35 pm »
At the time, Suarez. But he's done now, whereas Sterling is plenty good enough now and will get better yet.

At the time, £49 million seemed a good deal for us considering how raw and relatively unproven Sterling was.

Fair play to him and Man City, he's blossomed into one of the world's best and £49 million has turned into a steal for them. Could and probably will get better. Hard to believe he's still only 24.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #33875 on: October 24, 2019, 06:18:19 pm »
At the time, £49 million seemed a good deal for us considering how raw and relatively unproven Sterling was.

Fair play to him and Man City, he's blossomed into one of the world's best and £49 million has turned into a steal for them. Could and probably will get better. Hard to believe he's still only 24.

The words 'Man City' and 'Fair play' should never be included in the same sentence.

It was a good deal, and that is the only time that matters really when discussing it. When a player acts the prick like Sterling did, and gives the club little choice but to sell to the only club he'll sign for, then they did what they could do and got what at the time was a good deal.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #33876 on: October 24, 2019, 06:40:35 pm »

to be honest £49m back in 2015 was a shit load of money. Prior to that only a handful of players had moved for more, and pretty much all were very experienced and proven players at the peak of their game.

Problem is prices have gone crazy in the years since, and he's improved as a player too, so it makes it look a very poor fee.

You could probably make a good argument that his sale allowed us to become the team we are now though, and we'd maybe not have been able to achieve that without the sale.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #33877 on: October 24, 2019, 06:44:07 pm »
If Guardiola leaves they can always go in for Poochettino.

They won't 'winalot' under him!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33878 on: October 24, 2019, 07:07:48 pm »
They won't 'winalot' under him!
Fur comment.

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33879 on: October 24, 2019, 07:11:34 pm »
to be honest £49m back in 2015 was a shit load of money. Prior to that only a handful of players had moved for more, and pretty much all were very experienced and proven players at the peak of their game.

Problem is prices have gone crazy in the years since, and he's improved as a player too, so it makes it look a very poor fee.

You could probably make a good argument that his sale allowed us to become the team we are now though, and we'd maybe not have been able to achieve that without the sale.
Oh for sure, no argument from me that it was a lot of money at the time.

But with the way prices have risen for players + the English premium, it's turned into a very good piece of business for City.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp