Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Brighton Alzate 55’  (Read 35192 times)

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Brighton Alzate 55’
« Reply #520 on: February 4, 2021, 08:59:09 am »
I actually think we will raise ourselves against City, it's against the low block teams that we have the problem with especially at Anfield with no crowd backing us. Teams that actually play football, don't really fear any of them.

We need changes on Sunday. Klopp said himself how flat the players were after two trips to London and big efforts to win those games with the same side, minus more injuries.

Fabinho back in alongside one of the new lads. Henderson back in midfield. Mane back. A stronger bench with players who can actually come on and impact the game.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #521 on: February 4, 2021, 08:59:10 am »
One thing about no crowds is that you can hear the players talking and shouting and it was clear that Henderson was not too fond of Shaqiri.

Shaq is the player we need in situations like last night but not out wide. Shaq needs to be in the centre.

I thought we were going to set up with Bobby and Mo up top with Shaq in midfield if I am honest but we didn't.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: February 4, 2021, 09:00:01 am »
Shaq is the player we need in situations like last night but not out wide. Shaq needs to be in the centre.

I thought we were going to set up with Bobby and Mo up top with Shaq in midfield if I am honest but we didn't.

Shaq is an impact sub in these games rather than a starter.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: February 4, 2021, 09:04:48 am »

With the injuries he had to start.

Look Salah missed some golden chances yesterday but for me our midfield was wrong. No need for that workman like midfield against struggling teams.

I was shocked we didn't bring Davies on and moved Hendo into midfield.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: February 4, 2021, 09:07:11 am »

Even in the games he has played centrally he hasnt done enough. He was basically given the luxury of all luxuries for a Klopp side against West Ham, a free role. Even in that he didnt really impress.

I was one of those asking for him to be played more before Utd but really he hasnt impressed and he has started most of the games since. Absolutely another one in the squad that needs to be sold.

Offline joshlfc94

• Kemlynite
« Reply #525 on: February 4, 2021, 09:13:50 am »
Klopp got it badly wrong yesterday. I have no idea why we played Milner for his 5th game in 14 days against a team like Brighton. This was the perfect game for Jones to start. Shaq never works on the left and never will - either play him on the right or none at all. I have no idea why we loaned out our best reserve attacker in Minamino yet persist with Origi.

We need to throw Kabak in on Sunday. I know it's not the Klopp way but needs must. We need one of Hendo or Fab in midfield to freshen things up and give us that impetus. There will be no easy game to start Kabak with Leicester and Everton next throw him in so he can get some rhythm.

I'd happily take 4th now and write this season off. Get our players fit, strengthen the squad in the summer, move the likes of Matip, Origi, Ox, Milner on, regroup and go again next season when fans are back.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: February 4, 2021, 09:24:46 am »
Looking back, the decision to play Milner again was a strange one. Jones has found himself on the fringes of the first team despite an impressive run of starts, during which we had our best run of results all season. Oxlade-Chamberlain doesn’t appear to be a starting option for us at the moment either. With so few options in attack, Shaqiri isn’t getting games in midfield for us as he’s being used out wide.

No idea when Keita is expected to be back but it would be a big help if it was soon.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #527 on: February 4, 2021, 09:28:12 am »
Anyone arsed? Like really?

When I read this earlier I initially thought it was a wind up, the type of comment that makes my piss boil.
The likes of this & all the other shite spewed in the #20 thread shows the part of our support that is fucking embarrassing.
The type that fucked off at half time in Istanbul or those that didn't make it there turned the tv off at half time.
Some posters here recently have surprised me, I expected a bit more from..seem like the gloryhunting entitled brigade has infected them too.
Arsed?
Really?
Fucks sake lad.

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: February 4, 2021, 09:37:50 am »

We need to throw Kabak in on Sunday. I know it's not the Klopp way but needs must.

With Kabak - and Davies too to an extent - what's the worst that can happen? I'm not expecting anything special here, if City are going to break their anfield hoodoo then it is 100% happening on Sunday or they'll never win here again. So fuck it get these lads in. Get Hendo back in Midfield.

It's worse waking up this morning than it was last night, it was seriously bad fucking news and a fair bit of it has to fall on Klopp. Milner was a terrible pick coming on the back of so many games [worse for keeping him on]. We were woefully central all night and did little to stretch the game. Shaq was way off where he needed to be from the first minute and bobby couldn't trap a bag of cement. The Minamino loan as others have said seems baffling when Bobby is hot and cold at best and Divock, god love him, is clearly no where near the level required - again what was the worst that could happen by giving Minamino more than a handful of minutes post his goal against palace. Gini looked tired too [I get why one of him and Milner has to start but surely one of them should have been on the bench for Jones].

Obviously Klopp will get it right. I'd snap your hand off for 4th right now though. The season is a complete fucking joke and city are the perfect winners for a season played in empty stadiums.

I do think the lack of fans has affected us more than most. In our blistering early season form last time out how much would have been said about the feeling of winning in madrid, the parade after, getting every last drop out of yourself to get over the line being worth it. This time out what's the point. We should have had the biggest part the city has seen this century, instead Jordan lifted it in an empty stadium. Between that, injuries, VAR...just sack this whole fucking year off and let's start again. But make sure we're top 4 when we do.

3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: February 4, 2021, 09:40:27 am »
Brighton played well, we didn't.

Challenging for the title, these types of games we play shit but nick 1-0 and move on but it's just not happening for us this year for all the well documented reasons.  We're still great but injuries have robbed us of that extra 5.00% which is needed at the very highest level.

Still, I back us for a run in the CL and there'll be a few twists to come in the league too I should imagine.

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #530 on: February 4, 2021, 09:44:32 am »
City (and also Utd) beat these teams with players driving into the box, creating chances and getting penalties (sometimes wrongly but that's a separate topic).  We simply do not do this.  We play tippy tappy ouside the penalty area, backwards and forwards, side to side, slower and slower until someone seems to lose patience and crosses the ball when there's no-one in the box to attack it.

We beat a few of these teams earlier in the season when Jota was making these forward drives I'm talking about.  Both Mane and Salah run towards the box with the ball but seem to turn back on the edge, often to get the ball back on their favoured foot.

I wonder if they should swap sides more often?

Also, where was Sunday's Bobby last night?  He's very Jekyll and Hyde currently :-(
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: February 4, 2021, 09:48:42 am »
City (and also Utd) beat these teams with players driving into the box, creating chances and getting penalties (sometimes wrongly but that's a separate topic).  We simply do not do this.  We play tippy tappy ouside the penalty area, backwards and forwards, side to side, slower and slower until someone seems to lose patience and crosses the ball when there's no-one in the box to attack it.

We beat a few of these teams earlier in the season when Jota was making these forward drives I'm talking about.  Both Mane and Salah run towards the box with the ball but seem to turn back on the edge, often to get the ball back on their favoured foot.

I wonder if they should swap sides more often?

Also, where was Sunday's Bobby last night?  He's very Jekyll and Hyde currently :-(
Exactly!
Get in the fucking box and make something happen!
Too much passing around the outside of the box with no clue what to do!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: February 4, 2021, 09:57:24 am »
It's performances like last night from Gini that makes me think we won't miss him as much as we think we will.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #533 on: February 4, 2021, 10:02:15 am »
Extremely disappointed this morning but at the same I guess you have to be realistic about our situation. Van dijk out for the season - the rolls royce of our defence is massive. It was always going to be a struggle. But then losing Gomez and not having Matip is just beyond belief. It's tough to win the league and with a squad like ours we need our best players on the pitch pretty much every game. We just haven't had that this season. You can play the odd game missing one or two key players and still get a win but we are being asked to do that constantly and missing more than one of two key players at most points.

Selfishly I want us to win every game, I don't want us to finish below United and I want us to win the league. But realistically it shows we have a pretty special team to be up there or thereabouts so far this season. A lot has been expected of the team and for the most parts they have delivered - especially in the big games. I guess is the lesser games when you would normally grind out a 1-0 that is killing us. Those games where you have a bit of a breather and the quality of your first team gets you through it.  That's what we will always claim on here is the mark of Champions and that's what we are massively lacking this season.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #534 on: February 4, 2021, 10:15:02 am »
Losing the defenders has obviously cost us a lot in midfield as well. Of course we can't just write off the season but get the new lads in defence as fast as possible, learn on the job and I'm sure we'll be fine

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: February 4, 2021, 10:18:38 am »
It's performances like last night from Gini that makes me think we won't miss him as much as we think we will.

I think its right that he moves on really. As posters on this board have mentioned, whilst its great to be nostalgic, we cannot afford to be if we want to progress and not be tied down to contracts with players at 30 or above. With finances tight, the likes of Van Dijk, Fabinho, Salah should be prioritized. Possibly Mane as well.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: February 4, 2021, 10:22:57 am »
I think its right that he moves on really. As posters on this board have mentioned, whilst its great to be nostalgic, we cannot afford to be if we want to progress and not be tied down to contracts with players at 30 or above. With finances tight, the likes of Van Dijk, Fabinho, Salah should be prioritized. Possibly Mane as well.
I would certainly be offering them players new contracts and looking at younger hungry players , our midfield got bullied last night not by more skill full players but by players who wanted it more as has happened many times this season. If the players dont match the managers ambition then they need to go.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: February 4, 2021, 10:27:24 am »
Is he even that anymore , he is a lazy bastard in fairness .You can see why Klopp barely played him .Henderson was doing his nut watching him stroll around last night .Bar that pass for Mo against West Ham he hasnt done much .I would much rather let Jones play even if he has a bad game he will at least run and try.

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #538 on: February 4, 2021, 10:29:03 am »
Losing the defenders has obviously cost us a lot in midfield as well. Of course we can't just write off the season but get the new lads in defence as fast as possible, learn on the job and I'm sure we'll be fine
Lots of clamour for Hendo in midfield again but have we all forgotten his desperate angled balls played constantly into the box to no effect when Fab and Matip were in defence?  Not sure this is much of a silver bullet.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #539 on: February 4, 2021, 10:31:47 am »
Almost three years without an assist now. He's great when we're playing well, but he can't up the tempo when we need him to. Instead of getting bolder when we're struggling, he plays even more cautiously. He accentuates whatever mood the team is in.

Offline joshlfc94

• Kemlynite
« Reply #540 on: February 4, 2021, 10:35:29 am »
Almost three years without an assist now. He's great when we're playing well, but he can't up the tempo when we need him to. Instead of getting bolder when we're struggling, he plays even more cautiously. He accentuates whatever mood the team is in.
Spot on. I think it's time for both parties to move on in the summer.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #541 on: February 4, 2021, 10:36:22 am »

You could say that about pretty much every outfield player last night.

We seriously lack creativity. Our reliance on Mane and Salah is too high. Salah has scored 15, Mane 7, Bobby 6, Jota 5, then everyone else hasn't got more than 2 and most have 1 or none.

I said in the summer and the summer before that we needed to have serious investment in the midfield and forward areas and replace the deadwood that offer seemingly nothing to our forward line.

Players like Shaqiri, Ox, Keita, Minamino, Origi, Jones are not going to score you loads of goals, but that's a big part of their job along with assists. Between the 6 of them since the start of last season, they have scored 15 goals between them and provided just 9 assists.

Thiago, for all the clamor to get him back from injury to help us with our creativity, hasn't provided a single assist or goal in 9 appearances.

So when your squad is so reliant on your first 11-13 and the drop off in quality below it is so vast, don't be so surprised that when we get a few injuries, the players being brought in to fill the gap are unable to get anywhere near the quality of performance.

The defense hasn't been the problem since our wheels fell off in the middle of December - remember that we were unbeaten is around 7 games when VVD got injured, keeping loads of clean sheets. Our problem has been trying to unlock low block teams.

People will point to having Fab & Hendo back ion midfield as a way to help boost creativity & it will, but it won't fix everything.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #542 on: February 4, 2021, 10:40:24 am »

See I would be the opposite with Gini. Always fit (compare that to the 25 year old Naby) and reliable. Surely looking at what has happened to our squad this season I would be more mindful of keeping the "dependables". Obviously we should also be thinking about bringing in players for the future but I would be more inclined to lose the players who are constantly breaking down. Milner has been invaluable to us in certain games at the ripe old age of 35 and Gini could be that moving forward. He has been pretty much a constant for us this season in very tough conditions - I would definitely be keeping him.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jόrgen!
« Reply #543 on: February 4, 2021, 10:42:00 am »
That was pretty lethargic from the team. Their goal summarised our how lucky we are this season, I think.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskαs before the game against England in 1953

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: February 4, 2021, 10:43:31 am »
See I would be the opposite with Gini. Always fit (compare that to the 25 year old Naby) and reliable. Surely looking at what has happened to our squad this season I would be more mindful of keeping the "dependables". Obviously we should also be thinking about bringing in players for the future but I would be more inclined to lose the players who are constantly breaking down. Milner has been invaluable to us in certain games at the ripe old age of 35 and Gini could be that moving forward. He has been pretty much a constant for us this season in very tough conditions - I would definitely be keeping him.

I haven't included Milner. The ones who have 2 years left this summer include Fabinho, Van Dijk, Henderson, Mane, Firmino, Salah, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Keita. Add to that Milner, Wijnaldum who has even less, Matip etc. then out of those some tough decisions have to be made.

In terms of availability, you would argue Mane, Salah, Firmino, Van Dijk, Fabinho all are strong. But finances mean we cannot keep all of them.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: February 4, 2021, 10:43:53 am »
Klopp got it badly wrong yesterday. I have no idea why we played Milner for his 5th game in 14 days against a team like Brighton. This was the perfect game for Jones to start. Shaq never works on the left and never will - either play him on the right or none at all. I have no idea why we loaned out our best reserve attacker in Minamino yet persist with Origi.

We need to throw Kabak in on Sunday. I know it's not the Klopp way but needs must. We need one of Hendo or Fab in midfield to freshen things up and give us that impetus. There will be no easy game to start Kabak with Leicester and Everton next throw him in so he can get some rhythm.

I'd happily take 4th now and write this season off. Get our players fit, strengthen the squad in the summer, move the likes of Matip, Origi, Ox, Milner on, regroup and go again next season when fans are back.

We just need 4th now this season. Klopp needs to be ruthless in the summer, big decisions need to be made with this squad and we need fresh impetus.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: February 4, 2021, 10:48:31 am »

Gini has always been hit and miss IMO. He can often be 8 or 9 one week and 5 the next. However, we've run him into the ground this season and we'll miss his durability.

Gini and Milner should really have been on the bench last night but that would have meant Henderson in midfield and throwing Davies straight in alongside Phillips (or putting Thiago  back at 6). In hindsight we may as well have done either because that midfield was completely lacking in pace, drive and fresh legs last night and they've got Shaq and then Origi in front of them.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2021, 10:52:58 am by Fromola »

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: February 4, 2021, 10:54:25 am »
That was pretty lethargic from the team. Their goal summarised our how lucky we are this season, I think.

There was nothing lucky about it. You defend like Trent does and there is a good chance there will be a goal when the ball comes across the goal.

Trent is great going but he is not a great defender. Alot of of the defensive aspects are quite bad to be honest. I don't think he was always this bad but lately he has been shocking. No effort to stop crosses, letting men run off him, no real interest in defending at times. There was a situation towards the end of the game where he was out on the left side and pretty much motioned to move up to pitch when it was clear the Brighton player was going to cross.  He did something similar v united in the cup at the end. Didn't trsck back and left players free at the back post. I actually didn't mind it as much in that situation because sometimes as a full back, when you are losing and desperate for a goal, you need to take a chance and stay forward in the chance that the ball will break but that wasn't even remotely on in the situation I'm referring to last night.

Is there a case to push him forward and Williams or Milner to rb?

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #548 on: February 4, 2021, 10:55:55 am »
Read a comment in here saying we've been struggling against low block teams for 4 years, what complete and utter bollocks that is, the past 2/3 seasons we have absolutely decimated low block teams at anfield, only city could come even close to matching us for that.

A team coming to defend at anfield with 11 behind the ball is nothing new at all,its been going on since year dot, Klopp mastered this approach with :

high up pressing to dispossess the opposition in unorganised positions to capitalise on at speed

to also counter attack from deep in our own half at ridiculous speed

to have the best set piece threat in the entire league.

At the minute the high press has gone to shit, we dont win the ball high up at all, mane and henderson were key components, jota and keita were very useful in this too, firmino was the master at winning the ball back this way, we've completely stopped this through injuries and no doubt fatigue from the ridiculous coronavirus fixture schedule.

The pacy full length counter attacks have gone at anfield (a beauty away at west ham I know) we scored so many goals rampaging forward like this when the opposition had over committed, the fullbacks rampaging forward, the front 3 like the red arrows, for so many games recently its just a slow trot forward when we get the opportunity, players content to turn back and recycle possession while the opposition get 11 back behind the ball, instead up bursting at full speed behind the oppostiion

The set piece threat seems to have gone with VVD and Matip, also Trent is not scoring from free kicks. You get the feeling watching us recently that we could have 100 corners in a game and still not test the keeper.

Injuries and fatigue of the non injured players in a ridiculous fixture schedule have done for us this season.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #549 on: February 4, 2021, 10:55:57 am »
There was nothing lucky about it. You defend like Trent does and there is a good chance there will be a goal when the ball comes across the goal.

Trent is great going but he is not a great defender. Alot of of the defensive aspects are quite bad to be honest. I don't think he was always this bad but lately he has been shocking. No effort to stop crosses, letting men run off him, no real interest in defending at times. There was a situation towards the end of the game where he was out on the left side and pretty much motioned to move up to pitch when it was clear the Brighton player was going to cross.  He did something similar v united in the cup at the end. Didn't trsck back and left players free at the back post. I actually didn't mind it as much in that situation because sometimes as a full back, when you are losing and desperate for a goal, you need to take a chance and stay forward in the chance that the ball will break but that wasn't even remotely on in the situation I'm referring to last night.

Is there a case to push him forward and Williams or Milner to rb?

You think he'd have done much to stop the 7 foot monster heading it back across goal?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: February 4, 2021, 10:56:54 am »
Is he even that anymore , he is a lazy bastard in fairness .You can see why Klopp barely played him .Henderson was doing his nut watching him stroll around last night .Bar that pass for Mo against West Ham he hasnt done much .I would much rather let Jones play even if he has a bad game he will at least run and try.

In the sense that he might make a key pass or something  (not easy to do with such a lack of movement around him). You can give him 25 minutes and hope for a key contribution off the bench. He's more likely to do something than Ox and Origi who offer next to nothing now.

Giving him 90 minutes and hoping for a key contribution while you carry him for the other 89 isn't really good enough. Same principle if he's hooked after an hour.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: February 4, 2021, 10:59:17 am »
Lots of clamour for Hendo in midfield again but have we all forgotten his desperate angled balls played constantly into the box to no effect when Fab and Matip were in defence?  Not sure this is much of a silver bullet.

Henderson can at least sit as a 6 and allow the other two more freedom.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #552 on: February 4, 2021, 11:01:14 am »
Henderson can at least sit as a 6 and allow the other two more freedom.

Do you not think that Thiago has had enough freedom with the likes of Gini and Milner sitting in? And yet he hasnt had a single assist or goal in 9 appearances.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Online lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: February 4, 2021, 11:02:09 am »
They all look mentally and physically done. The manager looks to have lost a bit of his mojo as well.
Not surprising really, off the back of two incredible seasons, a COVID19 pandemic, no fans and a freakish injury list on top of it.
They need a long break and a chance to recoup but the way football is getting milked by the money men and TV companies can't see that happening either. Euro's, African Cup and the rest all have to be crammed into next year.
I'm swerving the rest of the season for my sanity. More important things in life really.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #554 on: February 4, 2021, 11:02:52 am »
Do you not think that Thiago has had enough freedom with the likes of Gini and Milner sitting in? And yet he hasnt had a single assist or goal in 9 appearances.

He's been really disappointing sadly, doesnt seem to have got to grips with the league or with the team. I'm sure it'll come as he's obviously an excellent player.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: February 4, 2021, 11:04:31 am »

It's just a better balance though. Gini and Milner can't play effectively as a 6.

We've got a squad packed with box to box midfielders who are either 30+ or have been decimated by injury.  The exception is Fabinho who won't be playing again in midfield until next season at least. Henderson can at least do a good job as a 6.

When we have our highline with the full backs bombing on then there's better options on the ball. Look at Thiago when he came on at Chelsea. He was pinging balls all over the place.

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: February 4, 2021, 11:16:18 am »
You think he'd have done much to stop the 7 foot monster heading it back across goal?

So he shouldn't even bother? At least if he contests it might mean the 7 ft monster doesn't put the ball into the perfect area.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #557 on: February 4, 2021, 11:20:12 am »
So he shouldn't even bother? At least if he contests it might mean the 7 ft monster doesn't put the ball into the perfect area.

the analysis i watched yesterday was blaming shaqiri for not tracking the wingback with trent tucked in to cover the 2 strikers?  I've not watched it back close enough myself to give an opinion?

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #558 on: February 4, 2021, 11:20:14 am »
They all look mentally and physically done. The manager looks to have lost a bit of his mojo as well.
Not surprising really, off the back of two incredible seasons, a COVID19 pandemic, no fans and a freakish injury list on top of it.
They need a long break and a chance to recoup but the way football is getting milked by the money men and TV companies can't see that happening either. Euro's, African Cup and the rest all have to be crammed into next year.
I'm swerving the rest of the season for my sanity. More important things in life really.

Swerving the rest of the season...more important things in life ! Yeah definitely are but I wonder would you be saying this if we had a storming win last night. Quite fickle a lot of our fans.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: February 4, 2021, 11:36:39 am »

I mean being within 5 yards of him may have made it slightly less straightforward for him.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.