Author Topic: Peter Moore CEO  (Read 45480 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Peter Moore CEO
« Reply #160 on: February 28, 2017, 08:01:56 pm »
Sonic is just a speed merchant. Has fuck all else.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #161 on: February 28, 2017, 08:03:24 pm »
As Craig has pointed out you don't necessarily need a CEO with football experience but for me that only works if you already have a Football structure in place. Unfortunately we don't, we have Edwards as Sporting Director basically there because of his belief in numbers. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: February 28, 2017, 08:06:08 pm »
we have Edwards as Sporting Director basically there because of his belief in numbers.
Would be a bit worrying if he didn't believe in the concept of numbers.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #163 on: February 28, 2017, 08:14:12 pm »

:D :D

Lies, damned lies and statistics.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #164 on: February 28, 2017, 11:50:18 pm »
As Craig has pointed out you don't necessarily need a CEO with football experience but for me that only works if you already have a Football structure in place. Unfortunately we don't, we have Edwards as Sporting Director basically there because of his belief in numbers.
Quite.

We needed a CEO with football credentials.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: March 1, 2017, 01:22:15 am »
As Craig has pointed out you don't necessarily need a CEO with football experience but for me that only works if you already have a Football structure in place. Unfortunately we don't, we have Edwards as Sporting Director basically there because of his belief in numbers

Or more accurately, a belief in data? That's not such a bad thing at all.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline jammy dodger

• going to make your vagina cry
  • Legacy Fan
  • pass and move.
« Reply #166 on: March 1, 2017, 03:50:46 am »
Cal State Long Beach's new claim to fame.
"Anything can happen. Danny Ings can happen" - Ellie Goulding

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: March 1, 2017, 05:17:00 am »
I've been very supportive of FSG as our owners, but this appointment has deeply shaken my hope in them coming good. EA is a shithouse company and anyone who has been involved with them at an executive level is not someone I want remotely associated with LFC.

I see no value in Moore's appointment for the kind of club we want to be. EA sees their 'customers' as exploitable sheep. I am very disappointed, and he'll have to do extraordinary things to gain any faith back. Stinks, I'm afraid.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: March 1, 2017, 07:52:46 am »
We've already sorted the football side of it with Edwards taking on (in part) the negotiating role that was once the responsibility of the CEO.

Edwards sorting the football side of it, oh my lord

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #169 on: March 1, 2017, 08:01:06 am »
It seems half of Rawk got to see the live broadcast of the interview.
He should be judged on what he does not what he has done.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: March 1, 2017, 08:05:43 am »

What do you know of Edwards?

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #171 on: March 1, 2017, 08:32:17 am »

You're twisting what I wrote.

I said we've sorted the football side (structure) by Edwards filling a new role. If he is the man to sort it remains to be seen.

Klopp worked with him and backed his promotion, which tells me more about this than clueless folk (as in people who really have no clue what Edwards has been doing) on RAWK.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: March 1, 2017, 08:44:24 am »
You're twisting what I wrote.

I said we've sorted the football side (structure) by Edwards filling a new role. If he is the man to sort it remains to be seen.

Klopp worked with him and backed his promotion, which tells me more about this than clueless folk (as in people who really have no clue what Edwards has been doing) on RAWK.

Based on the information available, even nobodies can see that Moore comes in with a much stronger CV than Edwards. (if Moore will be a success remains to be seen)

Edwards seems to have his non-liverpool background from stats and learning his trade from Harry Redknapp.. His on-the-job training in LFC is being on the transfer committee and mentored by Comolli and Ayre. How can we get things wrong then ?
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #173 on: March 1, 2017, 08:48:07 am »
Based on the information available, even nobodies can see that Moore comes in with a much stronger CV than Edwards. (if Moore will be a success remains to be seen)

Moore is taking on a much bigger role which encompasses the direction of the whole club, so of course he has a stronger CV.

Edwards seems to have his non-liverpool background from stats and learning his trade from Harry Redknapp.. His on-the-job training in LFC is being on the transfer committee and mentored by Comolli and Ayre. How can we get things wrong then ?

Think you're being extremely disingenuous to him. Not sure if you've ever had a shite manager immediately above you (I imagine you have at some point) - should that reflect on you when you come up for promotion or did you actually have some ability to learn outside of that person?

Monchi and Zorc had ZERO experience before taking on their roles and are held up as shining examples. Go figure.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #174 on: March 1, 2017, 08:57:02 am »
Moore is taking on a much bigger role which encompasses the direction of the whole club, so of course he has a stronger CV.

Think you're being extremely disingenuous to him. Not sure if you've ever had a shite manager immediately above you (I imagine you have at some point) - should that reflect on you when you come up for promotion or did you actually have some ability to learn outside of that person?

Monchi and Zorc had ZERO experience before taking on their roles and are held up as shining examples. Go figure.
I wouldnt waste time talking sense if i was you

peoples minds are already made up

whilst he might fail it would be nice if the guy actually got a chance to do his job before people jumped to judge him

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
« Reply #175 on: March 1, 2017, 09:19:20 am »
Couple of interviews with Moore from 2008. Seems to be well connected first name terms with Bill Gates & Steve Ballmer.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/gamesblog/2008/sep/11/gamesinterviews.microsoft1

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/gamesblog/2008/sep/11/playstation.microsoft

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/gamesblog/2008/sep/11/playstation.microsoft1

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/gamesblog/2008/sep/11/gamesinterviews.microsoft

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/gamesblog/2008/sep/21/gamesinterviews

Certainly has some creative ideas and hands on - just can't make out whether hes a chancer or not which seems odd considering the opportunities he's had with varying degrees of success

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #176 on: March 1, 2017, 09:20:39 am »
whilst he might fail it would be nice if the guy actually got a chance to do his job before people jumped to judge him

Nah, Moore and Edwards, new Chief Scapegoats

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #177 on: March 1, 2017, 09:25:14 am »
need someone to blame
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #178 on: March 1, 2017, 09:29:51 am »
I've been very supportive of FSG as our owners, but this appointment has deeply shaken my hope in them coming good. EA is a shithouse company and anyone who has been involved with them at an executive level is not someone I want remotely associated with LFC.

I see no value in Moore's appointment for the kind of club we want to be. EA sees their 'customers' as exploitable sheep. I am very disappointed, and he'll have to do extraordinary things to gain any faith back. Stinks, I'm afraid.

Ayre was the same, only incompetent to go with it and a terrible leader.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #179 on: March 1, 2017, 12:10:43 pm »
Hopefully he gets Bill Gates on the phone this summer to buy the club.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: March 1, 2017, 12:38:55 pm »

But why give such an important role to a relative novice. Why not got out there and get the best Sporting Director we can like a Zorc or a Monchi.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #181 on: March 1, 2017, 05:53:42 pm »
I wouldnt waste time talking sense if i was you

peoples minds are already made up

How do people know some much about this bloke? I didn't realise there were so many avid followers of business on here.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: March 1, 2017, 05:54:59 pm »
How do people know some much about this bloke? I didn't realise there were so many avid followers of business on here.
He's a public figure in the gaming world. I admit, I didn't know about him beforehand but he's been in the spotlight a few times clearly.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #183 on: March 1, 2017, 05:58:07 pm »
But why give such an important role to a relative novice. Why not got out there and get the best Sporting Director we can like a Zorc or a Monchi.

Both of which walked into their jobs without any experience what so ever, go figure.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #184 on: March 1, 2017, 06:26:35 pm »

Kinell have FSG sacked them already ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #185 on: March 1, 2017, 06:33:12 pm »
Both of which walked into their jobs without any experience what so ever, go figure.

Well they were footballers to be fair. Footballers who played for the clubs that they are now working at.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: March 1, 2017, 06:35:59 pm »
I dont think Moore was hired to make team based decisions, he's here I suspect to lead the clubs commercial interests and grow it's international presence. He's got a lot of experience growing a business which is what we need, he was remarkably successful with the xbox360 to the point that xbox is now one of the major consoles today when it was only a minor player in 2003 when he joined microsoft. Those developers I know in the industry were deeply saddened when he left for EA as he was highly respected for his willingness to listen, engage and support them. He's also charming and a good speaker as a sidenote which might be a novel change for us. I'm honestly surprised we managed to snaffle him as it's not as though he needs the money or to build his CV, he's already held some of the highest positions in the gaming and tech industry.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #187 on: March 1, 2017, 06:40:46 pm »

It's called poacher turned gamekeeper.

Monchi is a one club man with 30 years of service who came through the youth setup at Sevilla, played for the first team for a decade and was groomed for the role by the senior Football people at the Club.

Zorc is a one Club man with 30 years service who came through the youth setup at Dortmund, played nearly 500 times for the Club and was groomed for the role by the senior football people at the Club.

Both men are steeped in the history of the Club and caught the eye of the senior football people at the Club. It is a similar scenario to the one that saw Kenny appointed as manager in 1985. A Club legend who had showed the potential to blossom into management. Now if we had appointed a glorified analyst as manager then yes there would of been uproar.

To suggest the likes of Monchi, Zorc or Kenny in 85 had no relevant experience is absurd.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #188 on: March 1, 2017, 06:42:08 pm »
Well they were footballers to be fair. Footballers who played for the clubs that they are now working at.

Which makes them anymore experienced at being in a DOF type role than Edwards how?

It's like suggesting Carra is experienced enough to negotiate player fee's and contracts.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #189 on: March 1, 2017, 06:44:44 pm »
It is a similar scenario to the one that saw Kenny appointed as manager in 1985. A Club legend who had showed the potential to blossom into management. Now if we had appointed a glorified analyst as manager then yes there would of been uproar.

To suggest the likes of Monchi, Zorc or Kenny in 85 had no relevant experience is absurd.

Kenny was around managers every single day of his professional football career. He would have learned directly from them.

How often were Zorc and Monchi around those at the club negotiating player fee's and contracts?

To suggest the two scenarios are even remotely similar is what's absurd.

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #190 on: March 1, 2017, 06:51:37 pm »
He's rather famous.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #191 on: March 1, 2017, 07:01:42 pm »
Kenny was around managers every single day of his professional football career. He would have learned directly from them.

How often were Zorc and Monchi around those at the club negotiating player fee's and contracts?

To suggest the two scenarios are even remotely similar is what's absurd.

Only if you are crazy enough to think that the main part of the Sporting Directors / Director of Football role is to negotiate fees and contracts. If it was you would appoint an accountant. It is about running the 'Football' side of the Club. Understanding the Clubs ethos and ideology, what makes it unique and providing the future direction of the Club.

That is why characters like Monchi and Zorc are perfect and fantasy football nerds like Comolli and Edwards are pretty useless. Monchi knows what is required of a Sevilla player and Zorc knows what is required of a Dortmund players whilst the gruesome twosome know all about data.

When a manager leaves Sevilla or Dortmund then their Dof's know what is needed to continue the direction of the Club whereas Comolli and Edwards know the stats of every manager under the sun but haven't got a clue about who would be a good fit. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #192 on: March 1, 2017, 07:07:44 pm »
We've been here before Al and can't be arsed rehashing it. Especially in a thread not really about that role anyway.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #193 on: March 1, 2017, 07:12:15 pm »
We've been here before Al and can't be arsed rehashing it. Especially in a thread not really about that role anyway.

It is exactly about this role without a Sporting Director worthy of the name then why appoint a CEO with no football experience.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #194 on: March 1, 2017, 07:37:38 pm »
It is exactly about this role without a Sporting Director worthy of the name then why appoint a CEO with no football experience.

Your agenda to push your next scapegoat as purely a stats guy with no experience in football has nothing to do with this thread mate. If we start it's going to go downhill fast, so let's not for once!

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: March 1, 2017, 11:48:11 pm »

that gave me a good chuckle

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: March 1, 2017, 11:54:12 pm »
It's a videogames company with a reputation for being fully profit driven to the detriment of a quality product, being the driver behind various anti consumer practices in the videogames industry and buying out talented video game production studios and then killing them off though bad management.

They've won multiple "worst company in America" titles: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-named-worst-company-in-america-by-consumerist/1100-6406640/

From that link:
For the second straight year, the Consumerist has named Battlefield and FIFA publisher Electronic Arts the "Worst Company in America." EA knocked out Bank of America in the 2013 final round with 77.5 percent of the votes, winning the site's "Golden Poo" award.

The man knows a thing or two about trophies at least.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #197 on: March 2, 2017, 01:01:35 am »
From that link:
The man knows a thing or two about trophies at least.

Whiny nerds angry that EA games aren't on steam.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: March 2, 2017, 01:13:14 am »
I don't like the company EA but it seems like Moore is creative and innovative with his marketing ideas as well as a genuine passion for LFC so hopefully that means good things for us. He grew up wanting to be a footballer from Liverpool and started his business career from the bottom in Liverpool, knows about the game and did some coaching in America so we know he has a passion for the game and can also speak well and lead. Then obviously with his job in EA with the FIFA game he would've met and liaised with a lot of football people and analysts.

Let see how he does his job and what roles he will assume before sticking the knife in...

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: March 2, 2017, 04:41:30 am »

Yep, there still exists a massive vacuum at the top in Liverpool FC. Moores position is merely trivial, and he will just be trawled out to offer some PR speak that Ayre lacked, spinning out some rent a quotes regarding new sponsorship deals or player signings.

The vacuum that exists is the major concern. As you say, Michael Edwards - the lad who has obviously never heard the saying 'a camel is a horse designed by committee'. In its essence, that quote sums up the tawdry shoddy business him and his cohorts have undertaken at Liverpool. A hodge podge gathering of a squad that is neither good enough nor the sum of its parts.

The lad Edwards and co (the equally useless Barry Hunter, Dave Fallows, Mike Gordon) like to offer a pretence that makes them look innovative, sophisticated and supreme with their recruitment strategy, but the reality is they are merely incompetent scatterbrains offering a scattergun approach at the bargain bins of the transfer market.

Utterly utterly useless.