Author Topic: Liverpool 0 - Real Madrid 3 FT  (Read 91873 times)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 0 - Real Madrid 3 FT
« Reply #280 on: October 22, 2014, 09:57:20 pm »
Better team won simple as ,but although they could of scored more it really should of been 1-0. 

We can't stop making these defensive mistakes can we.

It's not even surprising anymore. Lob the ball in and you have a 50/50 chance to score against us. This is one of the things we need to fix. I admire the approach to attack and score more than the opponent. But it's also the sign of a great team to be able to play different styles of football. One of the basics should be to be able to line up, stay organized and make it difficult for the opponent. Costa Rica managed to do it in the World Cup, as did others. It's not some super advanced stuff. It's basic. Yet I don't trust us to do it for an entire game.

Right now, when our attack is toothless, we need to rely on other parts of our game if we are to get points. And we can't. We still need to expect to concede a goal or two. And we collapse. We need to find a way. And our new signings need to up their game.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: October 22, 2014, 09:57:21 pm »
20 million quid for Toni Kroos, we paid 25 for Lallana (i like him but he's not on the same planet as Kroos) and 20 million for Markovic..... our transfer committee are a fucking joke
In the last year of his contract and wanted so much money Bayern didn't want to keep him.

Offline Cloudstepper

• Anny Roader
« Reply #282 on: October 22, 2014, 09:57:24 pm »
all this defensive coach stuff is a nonsense- we have enough in the back room team, they are responsible for the defence midfield and attack end of.

Yeah they're doing a grand job...

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: October 22, 2014, 09:57:40 pm »
Can and lallana deserve a but of credit. Both looked good. Coutinho and sterling looked good. Bar that, not a lot.

Why we didn't go for isco I'll never know.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: October 22, 2014, 09:57:43 pm »
20 million quid for Toni Kroos, we paid 25 for Lallana (i like him but he's not on the same planet as Kroos) and 20 million for Markovic..... our transfer committee are a fucking joke
Stitched up seen us coming comes to mind.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #285 on: October 22, 2014, 09:57:54 pm »
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers: "The first 22 minutes of the game we were excellent but from the first goal to half time Real Madrid showed their real quality.

"They were terrific. Second half we played for pride and we were outstanding, the players kept going, they didn't stop. We defended poorly but I can't ask any more.

"You can see Real's quality. Speed, technique; you can see why they are champions. The second and third goals are from set-pieces again, it's an issue for us and we have to be better than that."

Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #286 on: October 22, 2014, 09:57:56 pm »
The really annoying thing is if they score three world class goals you hold you hands up but the two goals we gifted them. Fucking rubbish. You keep them out and at 1-0 you've still got a chance. Sakho has to come straight back in and I don't give a fuck who makes way for him.

Offline Cloudstepper

• Anny Roader
« Reply #287 on: October 22, 2014, 09:57:56 pm »
In the last year of his contract and wanted so much money Bayern didn't want to keep him.

i know..... he's worth every penny

Offline weareivol

• Main Stander
  • stay human.
« Reply #288 on: October 22, 2014, 09:57:56 pm »
Those looking at Mario need to realise he isn't the problem.

The problem is our defence is getting worse. It's twice as bad as last season already. We would of won the league last year if our defence would of been decent.
this.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #289 on: October 22, 2014, 09:57:57 pm »
Sometimes you just have to admit that the other guys were better. That was certainly the case on this occasion. We have the chance to make up for it in two weeks though. Hopefully we can solidify our defense until then.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: October 22, 2014, 09:58:12 pm »
Salute to Ancelotti. Never seen a harder working bunch of millionaires before at Real. Even Marcelo was un-Marcelo like.

That's what 5 years away from playing with the elite will do to you. You got left behind. We have a lot of work to do to get back to where we used to be. Does not help that the landscape have changed significantly too.

We improved in the 2nd half but without Sturridge and Suarez - we were simply outclassed. Poor goalkeeping, sloppy defending, wrong decision making, stray  passes and clear an indifferent striker - that's just too much for us to overcome

I hope we fight to get 4th at least in the league because we need to stay at this level to help us develop, grow and be better.
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: October 22, 2014, 09:58:28 pm »
Indeed and all this crying for Steve Clarke as well. If memory serves me correctly our defence wasn't that great when he was here or when he was WBA manager either.

Tony Pulis is free right now isn't he? :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #292 on: October 22, 2014, 09:58:32 pm »
Let's ignore the wages Kroos is on shall we?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #293 on: October 22, 2014, 09:58:37 pm »
Our defence is shit and looks worse every game, in a very simple game they seem to fuck up the most basic elements. Pub play today and we deserved to lose
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline IgoDirk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: October 22, 2014, 09:58:42 pm »

Would Kroos have come to us? Could we afford his wages?

We're in a position where we have to shop for players outside the top tier of quality, where we recognise their potential to improve or fit our system.

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: October 22, 2014, 09:58:43 pm »
Phil Neville on 5 Live: "Balotelli's red trainers don't fit into Rodgers' team ethic"

Okay Pip.  :wave

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #296 on: October 22, 2014, 09:58:44 pm »
We have dropped 11 points in 8 games
We are I think 7 points behind Chelsea
Southampton and West Ham are in the top four
The season so far has been very poor
Defensively we are awful
I

It's like a poem.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: October 22, 2014, 09:58:52 pm »
Mignolet and Balotelli need to hit the bench. Lambert and Jones aren't brilliant but will put the effort in and would be hard pressed to do any worse

Coutinho, Sterling and Lallana were decent tonight but we needed the whole team to have a 9/10 performance in order to win. We have nothing to lose in Madrid so let's go for them!!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:05:13 pm by WorldChampions »

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #298 on: October 22, 2014, 09:58:59 pm »
Brendan said he can't ask for anymore.

Well we're fucked then.
Ludogoretz won, so bye bye champions league and europa league.

Best fans in the world my god we lost to one of the best teams in the world with our main striker injured but don't let that stop you acting like a spoilt child, now and then just accept they are at a level we might be at eventually but it will take a few years and if either of you are not up to the journey get off the train now.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #299 on: October 22, 2014, 09:59:02 pm »

Lets not start this slagging the players shit off again. It's getting tedious.

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #300 on: October 22, 2014, 09:59:05 pm »
They were much better than us. Anyone surprised? The defending of late has been a shambles, and I think some fresh blood in the coaching department is required in that area. We have good defenders who aren't communicating and who are making really basic errors, and I don't think the manager is especially strong in that area. I think he should look for help from an experienced defensive first team coach.
Completely agree with this. Said the same thing to my lad at half time.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: October 22, 2014, 09:59:07 pm »
Got no problem with Brendan protecting the team tonight in front of the press.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #302 on: October 22, 2014, 09:59:11 pm »
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers on Mario Balotelli swapping shirts at half-time:

"It's the first I've heard of it but I don't like that. It's something that doesn't happen here, it shouldn't happen here.

"We had a case of a player doing that last season which I dealt with and if that's the case again I'll deal with it again."

Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: October 22, 2014, 09:59:19 pm »
Taught a lesson tonight.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: October 22, 2014, 09:59:32 pm »
Also, people need to remember that we scraped through our group in 2004/05. Yeah, we most likely won't get near the final this time around, but it isn't over until it's over.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #305 on: October 22, 2014, 09:59:42 pm »
I honestly cannot fathom just what the actual fuck Balotelli thought he was doing?

Swapping shirts.... AT HALF TIME??

He may as well have said "you're beating us, I give up... fuck it"

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/BDD2A43BB11136795077147082752_3f09593f3e2.0.0.3259961545284236157.mp4?versionId=yvsmNRq07Sl3bHl7R16juxLD8waN.v2g

As for the game... well we were outplayed and outclassed which we knew would happen, but second half we were better.
We also really, really have to sort out our defence because we don't have a great attack to bail us out any more, it's just suicide game after game after game.

We need a few players gone come next summer (or Jan maybe) and we need to get back to the our pressing and passing game.
Start at the back and start playing as a team again.

It will take a while but we'll get there.

Onwards and upwards.

This is a distraction narrative.... Let's talk about football, not the off-pitch etiquette.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #306 on: October 22, 2014, 09:59:42 pm »
That's us as comprehensively beaten and outplayed as I can remember in a long time.

I'd chuck in Rafa's Valencia at the Mestalla in 2002, 'The Machine'. We had our asses handed to us that night, I'd argue they were a better team than this current Real team, for a fraction of the cost. We were at a similar stage in our development then too, shady defending and misfiring up front.

Offline Cloudstepper

• Anny Roader
« Reply #307 on: October 22, 2014, 09:59:50 pm »
Let's ignore the wages Kroos is on shall we?

Or don't spend loads of money on shite, buy some quality and pay good wages...

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: October 22, 2014, 09:59:57 pm »
The really annoying thing is if they score three world class goals you hold you hands up but the two goals we gifted them. Fucking rubbish. You keep them out and at 1-0 you've still got a chance. Sakho has to come straight back in and I don't give a fuck who makes way for him.

Its an absolute joke that sakho isnt first choice.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #309 on: October 22, 2014, 10:00:01 pm »

Whilst I literally just posted in the latest thread slating the transfer committee, you can't compare these transfers

Kroos was in the last year of his contract and wanted out. He would of left his contract for nothing so they did well to get £20m

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #310 on: October 22, 2014, 10:00:03 pm »
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers on Mario Balotelli swapping shirts at half-time:

"It's the first I've heard of it but I don't like that. It's something that doesn't happen here, it shouldn't happen here.

"We had a case of a player doing that last season which I dealt with and if that's the case again I'll deal with it again."

Ooh-er.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #311 on: October 22, 2014, 10:00:10 pm »
Realistically, Liverpool could never get to that level.

RM earn double what Liverpool earn per year, get all kinds of boosts from the Spanish governemntm TV and Madrid council and are still massively in debt to assemble a team like that.

I personally wouldn't like Liverpool to be like that side, it's all abit too flash Lamborghini for my taste.

What Liverpool should be is determined, obdurate and hard working first, skillful and incisive thereafter.

My biggest criticism of the current side are the number of faint hearted players not putting in the necessary tackles.

Moreno struggled tonight, but he was tigerish. On the other side Johnson was so meek and easily brushed aside, ditto Skrtel. Mignolet comes out like my granny leaves the house.

Passion, fighting spirit. That would help cver a multitude of sins I feel.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #312 on: October 22, 2014, 10:00:12 pm »
Brendan said he can't ask for anymore.

Well we're fucked then.
Well, against the reigning champions and an in form team I kind of agree with him.

Apart from the Spurs game there was literally nothing about us that would warrant us getting anything tonight IMO. 

As I said in my previous post, after that dreadful game against QPR I was honestly concerned that we might be humiliated tonight and I'm glad that didn't happen.

That was pretty much the only positive from tonight.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:03:51 pm by firing squad »
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #313 on: October 22, 2014, 10:00:13 pm »
And I thought Lovern was brought in because he is a leader and an organizer?
Nope.  He was brought in because we're unimaginative.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #314 on: October 22, 2014, 10:00:20 pm »
Beat Basel at home and Ludowhats it away and we are through. I'd have taken that if you offered it to me in September.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline lastbaron

• Kopite
« Reply #315 on: October 22, 2014, 10:00:35 pm »
How did Can do? I was busy in the last minutes.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: October 22, 2014, 10:00:40 pm »
So glad your here to tell us how its going to be Brentie.
Been doing a good job so far wouldn't you say? [emoji12]
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: October 22, 2014, 10:00:41 pm »
Why on earth not clap him off the pitch ?

I can remember George Best getting a standing ovation going off at Anfield.

Its a tradition to respect brilliant players when they perform at Anfield - and a tradition we should be proud of.
Remind me to do that when John Terry and Co arrive in town.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #318 on: October 22, 2014, 10:00:45 pm »

Who did it last season?

And why the fuck did he swap with Pepe anyway?

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: October 22, 2014, 10:01:12 pm »
Or don't spend loads of money on shite, buy some quality and pay good wages...

most aren't shite, wind your neck in.