Author Topic: 10 Cap Split - International Footy Draft - Sign-up/Discussion  (Read 20510 times)

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 10 Cap Split - International Footy Draft - Sign-up/Discussion
« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2021, 12:01:06 am »
Grew up in Indiana and moved around Michigan/Kansas City etc...  but have always been a big fan of Texas teams (mostly Cowboys and Astros) since the early 70's.

Glad to have another yank on the board after one of our own was tossed (he that must not be named in Arizona :) - just joking here not provoking.

Hey, I am putting together together a fantasy football (NFL) start-up league using the Ryder Cup theme (2 places for Americans left and 2 places for Euros left) - let me know if you are interested in something like that --- should be minimal time commitment since most of the work will be done by the commish - but a fun group of guys to draft with.   FYI

Cheers.

Very cool! I always (very wrongly) assume that everyone is based in Europe when I know there's quite a few active Yanks on RAWK. Sometimes I think I just mix up usernames with who's based in the States and who's based elsewhere across the globe. Looking at your user profile it's now obvious to me you're here but I would have never been able to say that until about 30 minutes ago.  ;D

Yeah, more than happy to sign up for that fantasy football league. Haven't done much fantasy football for a while now but I'm certainly down to give it another shot and make a fool of myself.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2021, 12:10:10 am »
Very cool! I always (very wrongly) assume that everyone is based in Europe when I know there's quite a few active Yanks on RAWK. Sometimes I think I just mix up usernames with who's based in the States and who's based elsewhere across the globe. Looking at your user profile it's now obvious to me you're here but I would have never been able to say that until about 30 minutes ago.  ;D

Yeah, more than happy to sign up for that fantasy football league. Haven't done much fantasy football for a while now but I'm certainly down to give it another shot and make a fool of myself.

I hadn't either until last year really -- was pulled into it reluctantly and then decided to put a hurt on the boys across the pond :)

I suspect you could the very same my friend.   Sent you a couple of invites :)   No rush - as we still a few months, but we are building up a nice USA v Euro rivalry here.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: May 20, 2021, 01:49:50 am »
Sheer great pick mate... The N Ireland and low caps part to Best make him really a top 5 pick (almost went for him).
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2021, 01:50:09 am »
Sorry everyone, I was out tonight and didn't catch we were starting this soon!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #124 on: May 20, 2021, 09:14:28 am »
Bests a great pick for that cap category. Dont think anyone really needs to worry about nationalities though, you've got the obvious 8 or 9 with loads of options and then another 10 or so with plenty too
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2021, 11:18:47 am »
I am content. I just want more.

I just wanted to beat Trend to the title of the biggest draft loser but sadly rawk had other plans. Now I must break the record for the most draft wins. Who has that record LMM? Betty? Hazell?

;D

It's definitely not me!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2021, 11:22:15 am »
There was a period of time where Saint Kopite was either in finals or winning them. It's him.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2021, 11:27:17 am »
Saint Kopites wins are as valid as the ones Juve won during Calciopoli. He was the inventor of draft wives
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2021, 11:44:17 am »
 ;D

Let's get this finally moving lads.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2021, 01:45:30 pm »
Lads...

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2021, 01:46:38 pm »
I've PM'd Vish too so hopefully he'll be able to pick soon.  He's in a different timezone, isn't he?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2021, 01:48:25 pm »
So, I know we said there was no timetable for the first pick but this is getting a bit ridiculous now.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2021, 01:49:19 pm »
I've PM'd Vish too so hopefully he'll be able to pick soon.  He's in a different timezone, isn't he?

Aye he's 8 years ahead of us

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2021, 01:50:34 pm »

Yeah, India.

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2021, 02:24:33 pm »
At this rate, Alisson might have the 50 caps needed to make the cut!
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2021, 03:09:59 pm »
We are gonna need someone "to concierge" for Vish here - so we can get moving while also respecting the time difference and his schedule.

This is the problem with the modern day 16 person draft - it takes forever to get everyone situated to the rhythm. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 03:11:58 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2021, 03:11:49 pm »
Ok I'll give Vish till 10am UK time tomorrow.  If he's not turned up by then, we'll move forward and he can catch up.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2021, 03:14:48 pm »
We are gonna need someone "to concierge" for Vish here - so we can get moving while also respecting the time difference and his schedule.

This is the problem with the modern day 16 person draft - it takes forever to get everyone situated to the rhythm. 

Banning American residents would alleviate a lot of the issues.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2021, 03:19:24 pm »
Banning American residents would alleviate a lot of the issues.

How dare you - without us, there would be no NASL jokes or Cricket Bashing or Figueroa Fancies.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 03:22:41 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2021, 03:19:33 pm »
Vish will probably post in the evening. Its' the early hours in India right now.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2021, 03:22:48 pm »
This is why the 8/8 format of drafts is becoming a lot more popular than the longer form of the game

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2021, 03:26:17 pm »
The World Cup will start bout the time we get this done, perfect :D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2021, 03:32:03 pm »
How dare you - without us, there would be no NASL jokes or Cricket Bashing or Figueroa Fancies.

I rest my case.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2021, 03:39:11 pm »
Vish will probably post in the evening. Its' the early hours in India right now.

Samie - Isn't evening in India right now?  8:07pm https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/india/new-delhi

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2021, 03:40:30 pm »
Samie - Isn't evening in India right now?  8:07pm https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/india/new-delhi

Samie lives on a different planet when you account for relativity and time dilation he is right.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2021, 03:42:06 pm »
Go with what Maxwell said.  :D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2021, 03:43:10 pm »
Samie lives on a different planet when you account for relativity and time dilation he is right.

The Champ is here!  The Champ is here!  Hey Max, did you ask Sammy if he knew the words to Moon River?

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2021, 03:46:42 pm »
Seriously though we should just skip Vishwa now

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2021, 03:54:56 pm »
Not sure Vish needed all this research time for a Round 1 pick. I mean he could've just picked Bodo Illgner.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: May 20, 2021, 03:59:29 pm »
Seriously though we should just skip Vishwa now

All for inclusion and patience, but we've been here before.   But its up to Tubbs, he's the boss. 

We could move Vish to the last pick of the round by executive decree - that way he can still pick his picks and give him more time to respond (he would only have 6 turns - 2 at a time instead of 11).
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2021, 04:04:24 pm »
We waited long enough for the draft to start, what's another half a day?

Vish has till 10am UK time tomorrow and then we'll skip him and he can catch up.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: May 20, 2021, 04:37:29 pm »
Bloody hell I had to double check in here incase I missed my first pick. Everyone alright aye?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #153 on: May 20, 2021, 04:39:36 pm »
Bloody hell I had to double check in here incase I missed my first pick. Everyone alright aye?

All good, just patiently waiting for Vish

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: May 20, 2021, 04:44:31 pm »
Can't believe Vish is struggling to pick a legend in Round 1.

Offline Vishwa Atma

• Legacy Fan
  • Money for nothing....
« Reply #155 on: May 20, 2021, 05:35:19 pm »
Can't believe Vish is struggling to pick a legend in Round 1.

sorry for the delay.... Didn't realize we had started.... Last I checked there were only 11 signees  ;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #156 on: May 20, 2021, 05:35:49 pm »
Vish!  Let's get this moving, boyz.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: May 20, 2021, 05:36:49 pm »
No worries Vishy.  We're used to your delays by now. ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2021, 05:43:41 pm »
Andy said he's picking his grandad.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: May 20, 2021, 05:57:23 pm »
Dickhead