Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3463426 times)

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #57320 on: June 11, 2021, 10:28:06 pm »
Another fuck to business from Johnson then!

What a price he is for allowing travel from India.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #57321 on: June 11, 2021, 10:29:39 pm »
Another fuck to business from Johnson then!

What a price he is for allowing travel from India.

Prince or prick? ;D

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #57322 on: June 11, 2021, 10:55:47 pm »
Guardian reporting up to four weeks.

One man's fault for not closing down the air routes for wanting a fucking trade deal with India and yet all week the bastard in Number 10 has said he didn't see anything that had changed his thinking - when it's been clear that he was going to have to do it.

Cunting Brexit Dividend.

What Johnson won’t do is another u-turn from the G7.  He’ll wait until that’s over, slip back to London and waffle something after the weekend.  Sunday night maybe the fav to sneak this out.

Every time he holds himself to a date he fails. In fact he just fails at most things.  So I guess at least he’s consistent.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57323 on: June 11, 2021, 11:05:40 pm »
Don’t get why people are still blaming the spread solely on putting India the red list late. As I mentioned before there are still flights from India arriving today, and there are transit flights arriving also. What should of been done is India put on the red list and flights from India and any transit  flights from India banned. thousands from the Indian subcontinent were able to fly via Turkey initially and then Kuwait and Bahrain and Saudi without needing to hotel quarantine which the government failed to act upon. Also there are flights from Delhi to Riyadh and Riyadh to London atm. Yet the UK government website says entry from India to Saudi is banned so someone’s lying hmmm
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 11:11:46 pm by daindan »

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57324 on: June 11, 2021, 11:08:59 pm »
What should have happened is ALL International flights banned there is zero need to go abroad for 99% of people.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57325 on: June 11, 2021, 11:13:57 pm »
What should have happened is ALL International flights banned there is zero need to go abroad for 99% of people.

Don’t be silly, that’s too easy. There’s enough selfish twats here that want a holiday and will use any loophole to get back here without hotel quarantine.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57326 on: June 11, 2021, 11:15:26 pm »
Don’t be silly, that’s too easy. There’s enough selfish twats here that want a holiday and will use any loophole to get back here without hotel quarantine.

🤣🤣

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57327 on: June 11, 2021, 11:16:19 pm »
The receptionist at my work was driving me insane this week. She is simultaneously:

- Refusing to get the vaccine (ripped the appointment letter up when she received it)
- Doesn't wear a mask (claims she is exempt)
- Moaning about not being able to go abroad on holiday
- A germaphobe who refuses to let anyone use the same handset for the reception phone when they are covering for her

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57328 on: June 11, 2021, 11:22:39 pm »
Well I'm currently in a hotel in northern France. I traveled from Spain yesterday with no covid checks whatsoever. Tomorrow I'm coming to the UK back to live. Been a nightmare sorting it all out.. And a bloody rip off too.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline John Higgins

• Anny Roader
« Reply #57329 on: June 11, 2021, 11:38:32 pm »
The receptionist at my work was driving me insane this week. She is simultaneously:

- Refusing to get the vaccine (ripped the appointment letter up when she received it)
- Doesn't wear a mask (claims she is exempt)
- Moaning about not being able to go abroad on holiday
- A germaphobe who refuses to let anyone use the same handset for the reception phone when they are covering for her

I genuinely have zero patience for this type of person. The internet has a lot to answer for.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #57330 on: June 11, 2021, 11:54:07 pm »
I genuinely have zero patience for this type of person. The internet has a lot to answer for.

It annoys me when people say they'll be OK because they're young. Part of my job right now is to triage into a long covid programme. I spoke to a 29 year old today who's life has be devastated by it. Fit and healthy beforehand, extremely active, no has to sleep for a few hours after having a shower because they're too exhausted. They got Covid 6 months ago!

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57331 on: June 12, 2021, 12:13:51 am »

Plenty of people have family or work abroad. My missus is from here but works in Munich. I haven't seen her since before Christmas, she's missed her brother's wedding, nephews christening (Catholic family, so that matters to her), had 2 family members die since and another is now in hospice care after Chemo failed to work. Every time it looks like we might get to see her, either us or Germany changes the rules. There are thousands in our situation all over the country and indeed in the opposite situation of them being here due to work and can't get home, look at Ali after his dad died.

It sucks, I completely get the need for lockdowns and the vaccines. She's now fully vaccinated and I'm waiting for my second dose but at this point it will have been seeing her in two periods over 15 months. At some point and I accept not yet, a discussion needs to be had about the fact that Covid-19 isn't going away and what we as a society view as "acceptable" damage either in relation to deaths/business/lockdown issues like mental health etc.

Online djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57332 on: June 12, 2021, 12:16:36 am »
Don’t get why people are still blaming the spread solely on putting India the red list late. As I mentioned before there are still flights from India arriving today, and there are transit flights arriving also. What should of been done is India put on the red list and flights from India and any transit  flights from India banned. thousands from the Indian subcontinent were able to fly via Turkey initially and then Kuwait and Bahrain and Saudi without needing to hotel quarantine which the government failed to act upon. Also there are flights from Delhi to Riyadh and Riyadh to London atm. Yet the UK government website says entry from India to Saudi is banned so someone’s lying hmmm
The time is long gone for that. It would be a token gesture with little benefit now.

The time to act was when we had the data and knew that 7% of those getting off a plane from Indian were carrying the virus. That was weeks ago. You have to be able to react to new data in this situation and react quickly. We reacted by restricting flights, but delaying those restrictions coming into force for days. That was the error.

We tried to do it again with Portugal last week, we’ll certainly do it again in the coming months. If a decision is made to restrict travel (or anything else) then don’t delay - giving a 5 day heads up of the restrictions coming in kind of defeats the point. Of course people might be abroad when restrictions come in, but inconveniencing a few who are currently abroad is a small price to pay for the caution that’s required.

The frustrating thing about the UK response is that we have by far and away the greatest and most detailed and accurate data coming in compared to any country in the world. We actually have detail that other countries can only wish for. But each time something comes up that we see in that data…we wait. Somehow expecting that it will change. It’s an absolute waste of the resources, time and effort that so many people have put into gathering that data. We (and me for sure I admit) could make excuses for the government in the early phase of the response to this because we didn’t have the required specific infrastructure like testing and a centralised system that could rapidly respond (though in many instances we did have an unused available fix). That’s no excuse now almost 18 months in, we have unbelievable accurate data daily and weekly from ONS and PHE, our problem is that we fail to act decisively on that data while clinging to the hope that this time, surely, it will defy all we know of epidemiology and go in the opposite direction. It boils down to incompetence in leadership, not just from the PM, but the heads of most departments of government.

Offline John Higgins

• Anny Roader
« Reply #57333 on: June 12, 2021, 12:17:28 am »
It annoys me when people say they'll be OK because they're young. Part of my job right now is to triage into a long covid programme. I spoke to a 29 year old today who's life has be devastated by it. Fit and healthy beforehand, extremely active, no has to sleep for a few hours after having a shower because they're too exhausted. They got Covid 6 months ago!
On top of this, we’ve seen from India that the delta variant can cause more problems in itself with the disease itself for younger people. There were 30 year olds regularly presenting at hospitals with <80% blood oxygen levels.

Online djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57334 on: June 12, 2021, 12:28:27 am »
There are many reasons for travel though and a lot aren’t related to having a holiday.

We should maybe have gone down the route of allowing travel both to and from countries that the person had a passport for. In that situation every UK citizen can come home no matter where they are (with extra quarantine for red list countries), and every person living in the UK can go visit their home nation (with relevant restrictions when they come back). In the current situation we’re almost encouraging family holidays to certain destinations while restricting people that live here the opportunity to see their family for months. We’ve got it backwards.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #57335 on: June 12, 2021, 02:12:16 am »
I totally agree DJ, for the life of me I have never understood why there is a grace period when there is a change to travel restrictions. If a decision is made to restrict travel to and from a particular nation then, as you say, giving someone 4 days to get back kind of defeats the object of imposing said restrictions.  If they have to pay £1000s to stay in hotel for quarantine beachase they chose to go to Portugal in the middle of a pandemic then so what, more fool them for going.

I am still of the opinion that we should have imposed a blanket travel ban 15 months ago, aside from essential goods and services. Yes I get it may have resulted in people being stranded  and others being separated from their loved ones but it would have prevented 10s of thousands of deaths to people in this country and if that had inconvenienced people then I'm sorry but that's just tough luck!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #57336 on: June 12, 2021, 02:23:09 am »
Went to Cardiff with the missus earlier for a meal and a few drinks, first time I'd been out aside from going local since last August.

Locally the number of mask wearers us high, in fact you would struggle to see someone not wearing one but in Cardiff, amongst the revellers there was a high percentage not wearing them.  When we got to the one bar (we sat outside by the way) we were told you had too wear a mask except when sat down. Went for one piss and in the loo, there were at least 4 that were not wearing a mask. They may have been wearing one in the vestibules but certainly not when they were in the bogs themselves. (They were young lads, probability 21 or under would be my guess and no doubt think it doesn't affect them, like my lad does). It made me feel a little uncomfortable though.

This was the first time I used public transport since 12/02/2020. Found the previous ticket in my wallet, from when I had to go to London last year. Mask compliance was around 90% I suspect, my missus was moaning that she hates wearing a mask as it fucks her make-up  up was particularly amusing!

There's still no way I would use public transport bin rush hour though, told my boss this that I don't mind travelling for work but in no way will I be travelling by train for the foreseeable future.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57337 on: June 12, 2021, 02:27:13 am »
I totally agree DJ, for the life of me I have never understood why there is a grace period when there is a change to travel restrictions. If a decision is made to restrict travel to and from a particular nation then, as you say, giving someone 4 days to get back kind of defeats the object of imposing said restrictions.  If they have to pay £1000s to stay in hotel for quarantine beachase they chose to go to Portugal in the middle of a pandemic then so what, more fool them for going.

I am still of the opinion that we should have imposed a blanket travel ban 15 months ago, aside from essential goods and services. Yes I get it may have resulted in people being stranded  and others being separated from their loved ones but it would have prevented 10s of thousands of deaths to people in this country and if that had inconvenienced people then I'm sorry but that's just tough luck!

Open versus Closed.

UK - 128,000 deaths, population 66,650,000 (no closed borders)
Ireland - 4,900 deaths, population 4,900,000 (no closed borders)
New Zealand - 26 deaths, population 4,917,000 (closed borders)
Australia - 910 deaths, population 25,360,000 (closed borders)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #57338 on: June 12, 2021, 02:31:39 am »
Open versus Closed.

UK - 128,000 deaths, population 66,650,000 (no closed borders)
Ireland - 4,900 deaths, population 4,900,000 (no closed borders)
New Zealand - 26 deaths, population 4,917,000 (closed borders)
Australia - 910 deaths, population 25,360,000 (closed borders)
stark when you see the figures like that

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #57340 on: June 12, 2021, 10:34:21 am »
Had my first Friday piss-up after work yesterday for eighteen months, even though I hadn't been to work. We were all a bit concerned so we chose the Tattersall Castle, which is a boat moored up on the embankment. Well organised/'policed', everyone masked up when necessary, well spaced out (if you know what I mean) all outside on deck, beautiful!
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #57341 on: June 12, 2021, 11:43:04 am »
That's me and my daughter now been in contact with virus positive people. Anecdotal and small scale but a sign the Indian variant is really taking a grip.
(No symptoms in either of us and self administered test is negative. Not sure how well swabbed daughter is though as quite a trauma administering)

Leaks are very much suggesting a month delay to opening. Which as suggested by someone before is about as far as we can without pushing the exit wave into autumn. Vaccine programme should have done a lot more by then .
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57342 on: June 12, 2021, 11:49:09 am »
The time is long gone for that. It would be a token gesture with little benefit now.

The time to act was when we had the data and knew that 7% of those getting off a plane from Indian were carrying the virus. That was weeks ago. You have to be able to react to new data in this situation and react quickly. We reacted by restricting flights, but delaying those restrictions coming into force for days. That was the error.
Crap. I had no idea that it was anything like that high. No wonder the UK COVID figures are going down the toilet (they are, considering the high rates of vaccination there).

I need to get to the UK for family reasons, and the sooner the better (and before it is too late). But it is complicated - my wife and I are waiting for our second shots - we'll be done mid-July. So, I suppose we can travel (relatively) safely by the end of July. But that's only part of it of course - we can still potentially negatively affect (infect) others. We would still need to isolate for 10 days - and I suppose restrictions could be worse again by that stage because of Johnson's gross mishandling of the situation (Delta variant). Johnson's actions might be the very definition of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57343 on: June 12, 2021, 12:54:27 pm »
Crap. I had no idea that it was anything like that high. No wonder the UK COVID figures are going down the toilet (they are, considering the high rates of vaccination there).

Johnson's actions might be the very definition of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

To be fair he’s scored at least a hat trick in that regard.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57344 on: June 12, 2021, 02:23:05 pm »
What are the laws in terms of socialising indoors in places like France? A friend of mine invited me to stay at a house her parents house in Grasse but obviously I had to say no.

Im assuming France is on the amber list? Are they letting us in?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 04:05:07 pm by a treeless whopper »

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57345 on: June 12, 2021, 02:34:46 pm »
What are the laws in terms of socialising indoors in places like France? A friend of mine invited me to stay at a house her parents own in Grasse but obviously I had to say no.

Im assuming France is on the amber list? Are they letting us in?
If you are asking me, I am 6 months out of date. Given the fast changing situation in every country, I have little idea now.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #57346 on: June 12, 2021, 04:08:18 pm »
Maybe some slowing in the week on week case growth rate over the last few days and bank holiday testing impacts should have pretty much dropped out of these numbers today.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #57347 on: June 12, 2021, 04:12:26 pm »
stark when you see the figures like that

Not this again.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #57348 on: June 12, 2021, 04:38:04 pm »
Growth rate is down to 52.5%…

It’s possible the tide is turning (it’s also possible this is just a remnant of half term and better weather)

Time will tell
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57349 on: June 12, 2021, 04:38:47 pm »
Data time

Maybe some slowing in the week on week case growth rate over the last few days and bank holiday testing impacts should have pretty much dropped out of these numbers today.

Why is the doubling time now lower? That looks like exactly the same gradient

A good thing if true of course, I'm just a bit confused.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 04:40:54 pm by redbyrdz »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57350 on: June 12, 2021, 04:44:20 pm »
On the half term thing….

It’s possible that the slowing of rate of increase isn’t down to that as Scotland shows similar data to England and didn’t have half term last week
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57351 on: June 12, 2021, 05:21:53 pm »
Just had my second jab.   Steady steam of people in and out.   Most around the 30 mark

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #57352 on: June 12, 2021, 05:24:02 pm »
Just had my second jab.   Steady steam of people in and out.   Most around the 30 mark

80% of those I vaccinated this morning were between 25 and 29. Its good to see.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57353 on: June 12, 2021, 06:16:18 pm »
Thanks to everyone for continuing to supply data and the broader analysis for us dumbasses :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57354 on: June 12, 2021, 07:22:55 pm »
Finally got pfizered today. Question, when I booked originally I had to book my second dose very far away as there were no slots available locally at that time. How soon after the jab will it let me rebook my second dose so I can try and find one available more locally?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57355 on: June 12, 2021, 08:31:49 pm »
Me too….

They were open to anyone over 18 for Pfizer jabs without booking too (as we're an area of rapid growth)
W

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #57356 on: June 12, 2021, 09:11:06 pm »

Yep... See also anti-vax/COVID conspiracy theorists speculating on Twitter Eriksen collapsed because he had a vaccine. Absolutely vile.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57357 on: June 12, 2021, 09:34:10 pm »
Should be forced vaccinations, closed borders to all except essential travel, another month of stay at home at all costs.

Most people round me are farting around as if there isn't a killer virus on the loose

And anyone who chooses not to get the jab deseves long covid, fucking selfish c*nts.

Agree with everything you say except 'stay at home for a month'. Illogical and impractical now.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57358 on: June 12, 2021, 10:20:42 pm »
Why am I reading shit in the telegraph saying that ministers fear we have 6 weeks to open up or risk having restrictions till next spring

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57359 on: June 12, 2021, 10:46:23 pm »
Why am I reading shit in the telegraph saying that ministers fear we have 6 weeks to open up or risk having restrictions till next spring

Probably cos they think when it gets to autumn the older generation need another booster.

I think its unlikely but with this idiot who can say what will happen.

The real anger I have is people would still vote the twat back in.