Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2607312 times)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Re: Spurs - Commiserations
« Reply #25240 on: June 18, 2021, 12:57:10 am »
They'll be trying to get Gianfranco Gorgonzola after this
Shame Gary Brie is no longer playing. He was about their level
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #25241 on: June 18, 2021, 01:04:43 am »
I’m running out of popcorn on a daily basis watching this shit show
Glorious  ;D ;D
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25242 on: June 18, 2021, 01:39:14 am »
Shame Gary Brie is no longer playing. He was about their level

They really should sign Edam Hazard.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #25243 on: June 18, 2021, 02:06:26 am »
Might not be what people want to hear but it just shows how FSG has done pretty well for LFC.  Maybe we'll have to revisit this in this post Klopp era but they've built a pretty solid organization whereas Levy seems eternally trying to transition to that but failing miserably.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25244 on: June 18, 2021, 02:29:50 am »
Might not be what people want to hear but it just shows how FSG has done pretty well for LFC.  Maybe we'll have to revisit this in this post Klopp era but they've built a pretty solid organization whereas Levy seems eternally trying to transition to that but failing miserably.

Let me know when FSG build a cheese room. Then we can talk.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #25245 on: June 18, 2021, 07:48:18 am »
Spurs not appointing Gattuso, per the Athletic

What an absolute banter club.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline djschembri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25246 on: June 18, 2021, 07:51:38 am »
Tottenham’s protracted search for a new manager will continue after the north London club decided against appointing Gennaro Gattuso to the vacant position, The Athletic can reveal.

Incredible!

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25247 on: June 18, 2021, 07:52:28 am »
Honestly at this point they may as well just give it to Ryan Mason for the season. Sell Kane, let this new Director bring in some players, then re-assess in 12 months when a bunch of other managers will be available.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25248 on: June 18, 2021, 07:53:34 am »
Spurs not appointing Gattuso, per the Athletic

What an absolute banter club.
Fair play to their fans if their opposition to his previous comments managed to sway this

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #25249 on: June 18, 2021, 07:57:19 am »
As Squidward Chiellini said once, 'This is the history of the Tottenham'.

Folks, if you get a phone call from an 020 number today claiming to be Daniel Levy and offering you the Spurs job, just hang up.
It might actually be Daniel Levy calling you and offering you the Spurs job.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25250 on: June 18, 2021, 08:03:02 am »
They are funny!   ;D

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25251 on: June 18, 2021, 08:07:59 am »
Extraordinary sequence of events starting with the sacking of Mourinho. Nobody seems to know what they want or what they're doing.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #25252 on: June 18, 2021, 08:16:38 am »
Extraordinary sequence of events starting with the sacking of Mourinho. Nobody seems to know what they want or what they're doing.

Levy has lost the fucking plot there.

Not to mention Mourinho (who at least has a great record in finals and had already beaten City twice since taking over) was sacked 6 days before a League Cup final, leaving Ryan Mason a deer in the headlights.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25253 on: June 18, 2021, 08:21:57 am »
If any club should be going for Rafa it should be these. Then again Paul Robinson said he wouldn’t want him there either!

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25254 on: June 18, 2021, 08:31:10 am »
They really should sign Edam Hazard.

Get Peter Stilton in as goalkeeping coach.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #25255 on: June 18, 2021, 08:32:23 am »
So Spurs would have gotten to the ESL table no matter what?  Think Liew and you are way off.  Levy has his faults but he certainly did more right than wrong to get Spurs to where they are and it’s ridiculous to state otherwise.

That's not what Liew is saying. But then again, having said that, with the money they had from the Bale transfer Spurs managed to piss it away* and win fuck all in the 8 years since.

Who gives a fuck about 'being at the ESL table' if you can't actually win anything? I know they have a chip on their shoulder about being in Arsenal's shadow, but the pleasure they get out of being above Arsenal in the table while winning fuck all is all a bit Everton.

Levy seems to be good commercially (although we don't know how spending a billion on a stadium is going to pan out) but his football knowledge seems to be on the level of a TalkSport caller.

What kind of manager is a Spurs manager? What's the overall strategy for the squad and the team apart from hoping  'Arry Kane e's on of our own' will stay fit and score enough goals to get top four?

Levy's commercial expertise is generally acknowledged but FSG's improvement in the club's revenue follows the same upward trajectory. One big difference is the bottom line - Levy has a policy of paying low wages to his players and this generated a much higher profit figure*. The other big difference is that FSG have used the increased revenues and transfers to steadily improve the squad and the management team.

Spurs increase in revenue has seen a grand total of... err... fuck all in terms of trophies apart from the St Totteringham's Day trophie for being the least shit club in North London. To be fair, they have a 60,000 seat stadium that will increase match day revenue at a cost of more than a billion.

Liverpool's increased revenues have funded a massive overhaul since Hicks and Gillette and the Hodge, building a team that can go toe-to-toe with Man City in the Premier League and the best in Europe in the Champions League. Trophies under FSG (so far) - League Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Club World Cup, Premier League.   

On the stadium front, Liverpool will be left behind with a... let me see... 60,000 seat stadium that will increase revenues at half the cost and has retained the iconic status that has seen so many glorious 'European nights under the lights'.

PS, as I've been writing this Spurs deal to appoint Fonseca as manager has fallen through and it's just been announced that Gattuso, Levy's latest attempt to sign a manager has also fallen through. That's Flick, Pochettino, Conte, Fonseca and Gattuso.

PPS, and if you don't want to take my word for it, or Liew's, maybe listen to 'Arry Kane e's one of our own' who has finally worked out he'll win fuck all with Levy in charge at Spurs.

*The players Spurs bought with the Bale money: Paulinho; Roberto Soldado; Etienne Capoue; Vlad Chiriches; Nacer Chadli; Christian Eriksen (probably the one real success) and Erik Lamela.

** 'Low wage bill spurs Tottenham's stand-out £87m profit'  http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2020/03/31/low-wage-bill-spurs-tottenhams-stand-87m-profit/

*Edit - I'm really looking forward to reading anyone who claims Levy isn't a complete fucking clown after this latest shit show. It's not just that Levy can't appoint a decent manager he seems to have appointed an Italian clown as DoF.

"Just like Pagliacci Paratici did
I try to keep my sadness hid"

Tears of a Clown, Daniel Levy 2021.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 08:47:06 am by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #25256 on: June 18, 2021, 08:44:01 am »
::)

Someone mentions Madonna and it barely takes 4 minutes to start the puns rolling
Whomever they appoint you can be sure it won't take them long to get into the groove .
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25257 on: June 18, 2021, 08:46:32 am »
Daniel Levy should try being the manager for a season. Could get a good documentary out of it too.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25258 on: June 18, 2021, 08:48:16 am »
They will end up with Scott Parker.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25259 on: June 18, 2021, 09:31:18 am »
Imagine being a spurs fan, kin ell. I feel a bit sly, absolutely mockery. Dunno who's even left for them to get
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #25260 on: June 18, 2021, 09:36:02 am »
Not sure what Spurs are playing at to be honest. And why everything is so public, its embarrassing for them.

If they had anything about them they would have already got Potter from Brighton.

Although if Potter had anything about him he would absolutely stay at Brighton!

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #25261 on: June 18, 2021, 09:41:30 am »
Each new failed attempt to appoint someone is another red flag to their next target.
Maybe they are doing this just as expectation management for when Ryan or Tim Sherwood are appointed.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25262 on: June 18, 2021, 09:45:13 am »
Please appoint Tim Sherwood

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25263 on: June 18, 2021, 09:51:49 am »
I love what's happening to spurs. Long overdue.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25264 on: June 18, 2021, 09:53:29 am »
So is the Fonseca thing dead too or can they go back to him? He isn't an amazing appointment but he is steady.

What the fuck is happening at Spurs?

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25265 on: June 18, 2021, 09:59:42 am »
So is the Fonseca thing dead too or can they go back to him? He isn't an amazing appointment but he is steady.

What the fuck is happening at Spurs?

Maybe, but by the sounds of it they fucked Fonseca off for Gattuso and his nose is quite rightly out of joint. Apparently Fonseca had been meeting with Patriaci over the last week to put plans in place, so he thought the job was his - pretty difficult to go crawling back to him now.

Said it yesterday, but should just go for someone like Hassenhuttl or Potter, but I imagne Patriaci wants someone he can have a quick bond with hence the links to all these Serie A managers.

Could be that someone like Roberto Martinez ends up with it...

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #25266 on: June 18, 2021, 10:03:03 am »
Spurs should swoop for Rafa while the Everton circus carries on.

Offline Dr Stu-Pid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #25267 on: June 18, 2021, 10:43:55 am »
Not to mention Mourinho (who at least has a great record in finals and had already beaten City twice since taking over) was sacked 6 days before a League Cup final, leaving Ryan Mason a deer in the headlights.

This really doesn't get enough attention IMO.  Spurs fans were so glad to get rid of Mourinho that they overlooked the fact that Spurs had just sacked a manager with an 80% win rate in finals (12/15) and who had beaten City in 2 out of the 3 games he had played against them with Spurs.  They haven't won a trophy in more than a decade, but Levy was more concerned about how he could sack Mourinho in the cheapest possible way and somehow the fans let him get away with it without criticism.

It's laughable that this lot were almost in a European Super League!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #25268 on: June 18, 2021, 11:12:26 am »
Not sure what Spurs are playing at to be honest. And why everything is so public, its embarrassing for them.

Yep. It's like something you'd expect from a teenager who dumps someone they've agreed to take on a date because someone else they previously wanted has become available, only to realize they're not who they thought they were. If Paratici wanted Gattuso that badly, he should have found out if he was 110% willing to take the job and done some basic background about previous statements he made before calling it off with Fonseca.

Since Levy decided to sack Mourinho because God forbid hebwins a trophy, they've been a circus. Underpromise, overdeliver needs to be part of their philosophy going forward. Don't be publicly claiming you're bringing in Nagelsmann, Pochettino, Conte whatever if you can't. I doubt they've done much recently to convince Kane to stay nor entice prospective managerial candidates going forward

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #25269 on: June 18, 2021, 11:13:17 am »
This really doesn't get enough attention IMO.  Spurs fans were so glad to get rid of Mourinho that they overlooked the fact that Spurs had just sacked a manager with an 80% win rate in finals (12/15) and who had beaten City in 2 out of the 3 games he had played against them with Spurs.  They haven't won a trophy in more than a decade, but Levy was more concerned about how he could sack Mourinho in the cheapest possible way and somehow the fans let him get away with it without criticism.

Absolutely

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25270 on: June 18, 2021, 11:19:37 am »
Would love for them to return back to mid table obscurity where they belong.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25271 on: June 18, 2021, 11:23:26 am »
What odds could you get on Patriaci being binned before he officially starts with them on 1st July?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #25272 on: June 18, 2021, 11:40:20 am »
I love what's happening to spurs. Long overdue.

If they get this appointment wrong and blow the Kane money they're pretty much fucked.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25273 on: June 18, 2021, 11:52:00 am »
Any of you lads been contacted by Levy yet?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #25274 on: June 18, 2021, 11:54:22 am »
Any of you lads been contacted by Levy yet?

He’s just sent me a request on LinkedIn. Is it about the job?

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #25275 on: June 18, 2021, 11:55:01 am »
Spurs should swoop for Rafa while the Everton circus carries on.

I'm thinking that, must better suited although Rafa is probably disliked by Levy, seeing Levy is clueless

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25276 on: June 18, 2021, 12:00:16 pm »
He’s just sent me a request on LinkedIn. Is it about the job?

Make sure its' not from the jeans company Nick.  :wave

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25277 on: June 18, 2021, 12:02:06 pm »
Maybe, but by the sounds of it they fucked Fonseca off for Gattuso and his nose is quite rightly out of joint. Apparently Fonseca had been meeting with Patriaci over the last week to put plans in place, so he thought the job was his - pretty difficult to go crawling back to him now.

Said it yesterday, but should just go for someone like Hassenhuttl or Potter, but I imagne Patriaci wants someone he can have a quick bond with hence the links to all these Serie A managers.

Could be that someone like Roberto Martinez ends up with it...

Why Hassenhuttl? The jury is firmly out on the job he has done at Southampton and I reckon he will possibly one of the favourites for the sack at the start of the season.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25278 on: June 18, 2021, 12:03:38 pm »
Mourinho and Spurs always seemed like an odd fit. Booting him without any replacement lined up was stupid. The way Spurs have gone about trying to find a manager this summer is farcical, surely no decent manager worth his salt will touch them now.

I suspect that at least one of Pulis, Fat Sam, Mark Hughes and Colin Wanker will end up at Palace, Spurs or Everton.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25279 on: June 18, 2021, 12:10:12 pm »
Spurs remind me of Everton a bit (not the stadium part obviously) Just mistake after mistake now manager after manager. If Kane goes they're proper fucked, they have to hope Son is happy staying cos they've not got an abundance of assets to sell bar them two
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.