Author Topic: Pete Doherty  (Read 19460 times)

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pete Doherty
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2011, 07:00:16 am »
Im not claiming i am more talented, i am not. I am stating it. I have played for years and could wipe my arse with that twats ability.

How do you know that ?  What if he is entirely capable of ripping into solos and does so frequently in jams but on his songs does just what he feels is required and what fits the song ? 

Johnny Ramone played some of the simplest riffs around and so did Steve Jones, does that mean they are crap and talentless ?  Its not about what you can play, its about how you can use your ability to play a song and Doherty does it rather well.  He may not even be able to play all the things you can, but that is irrelevant, he does what is required of him. 

Besides, playing the guitar isn't even his strong point.  Songwriting is.  And we've heard some laughable arguments about that already.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2011, 07:04:24 am »
Besides, playing the guitar isn't even his strong point.  Songwriting is.  And we've heard some laughable arguments about that already.

No shit. And as for song writing, ive seen better From Liquid Tension Experiment and they are basically a band for musos.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2011, 07:08:58 am »
No shit. And as for song writing, ive seen better From Liquid Tension Experiment and they are basically a band for musos.

Horses for courses.  Liquid Tension Experiment are for me about as boring as they come.  Libertines aren't.  There is a raucousness about their records that is entirely palpable.  I mean people were having a go because ''gins'' and ''sins'' rhymed.  Smacks of people missing the big picture and nitpicking on the details. 

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2011, 07:12:39 am »
LTE are boring. Boring? I take it you dont play an instrument or follow music at its core?
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2011, 07:15:31 am »
LTE are boring. Boring? I take it you dont play an instrument or follow music at its core?

I don't play any instruments but follow music, I most certainly do.  I used to listen to Maiden, Dreamtheater, LTE and a shit load of other similar technical bands when I was in school, since then though, I've steered well clear of them.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2011, 07:20:28 am »
I fail to see how a track like Acid Rain can even be bothered with being wasted with a comparison to that pricks limited talent.

Offline grifter

• Merderer on the Orient Express. The Brian Sewell of RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2011, 07:26:20 am »
Through yonder vales the crippling winds cut my heart , as I lay thinking on the moors where I once sat.
As I mulled and pondered my passing time , the c*nt is repeatedly witnessed sporting a hat.

Edgar Allan Poe (1809 - 1849)

Grayson Perry is a talentless attention seeking gobshite. Wolfgang Tillmans is a bell-end. Cy Twombly is a nob-ead.

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2011, 09:25:08 am »
I mean people were having a go because ''gins'' and ''sins'' rhymed.  Smacks of people missing the big picture and nitpicking on the details. 

Well it was compared to Lennon/McCartney

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2011, 09:46:03 am »
Well it was compared to Lennon/McCartney

Yeah and Lennon/McCartney did rhyme eyes with skies or are you denying that they did. 

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2011, 10:05:11 am »

hahaha

Can we hear some of your musical genuis?
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2011, 10:14:57 am »
I never said i was a genius. I just made an effort to learn an instrument. Not just mash words into a mike.

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2011, 10:15:40 am »
I never said i was a genius. I just made an effort to learn an instrument. Not just mash words into a mike.

You said you have more talent than Pete Doherty.

Prove it.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2011, 10:16:42 am »
Why? I dont need to prove it, i know i do.

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2011, 10:30:49 am »
Why? I dont need to prove it, i know i do.

Of course you are.......just a bitter, washed up musician.

@rednich85

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2011, 10:38:00 am »
Bitter? maybe. Washed up? Maybe. Musician- Yes. One up on that junkie fuck then. And i see the irony of me slagging off someone for their addiction. There are only 3 members of this site who have access to videos of my playing so ask them. Technically i am vastly superior. Songwriting, no one will hear them as they are personal but if junkie fuck can make it with his turgid shite then im bound to make number one :)

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2011, 10:42:37 am »
Bitter? maybe. Washed up? Maybe. Musician- Yes. One up on that junkie fuck then. And i see the irony of me slagging off someone for their addiction. There are only 3 members of this site who have access to videos of my playing so ask them. Technically i am vastly superior. Songwriting, no one will hear them as they are personal but if junkie fuck can make it with his turgid shite then im bound to make number one :)

hahaha as always, love your honesty.

@rednich85

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2011, 10:57:23 am »

Best of luck on your musical career then.  If a junkie fucks can make it then so can you.  Of course junkie fucks include Morrison, Richards, Reed, Pop and a myriad others.  The Bill Hicks quote is a belter. 

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2011, 11:00:35 am »
Im not after a musical career. I enjoy playing guitar and can rip the fuck out of that tossrag. Thats all.

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2011, 11:48:20 am »
Yeah and Lennon/McCartney did rhyme eyes with skies or are you denying that they did. 

Yeah I am denying it, they did not rhyme 'eyes with skies' in Hey Jude as was stated.

They did in Lucy In The Sky with Diamonds though. ;)

In fairness the people who are supporting Pete Doherty are worse than the ones criticizing him. I'm sure the smackhead jibes must annoy them but comparisons with Lennon/McCartney, telling people to burn records and CD's if you don't agree with drugs. Keith Richards???? one of the greatest songwriters in the last 15 years, is harder to listen to.

He's not the  messiah, he's just a very naughty boy! ;)

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2011, 11:50:38 am »
There was no comparison between their songwriting ability, just how Skies and Eyes is no better a rhyme then Sins and Gins, which was being slagged off  ;)

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2011, 11:54:06 am »
There was no comparison between their songwriting ability, just how Skies and Eyes is no better a rhyme then Sins and Gins, which was being slagged off  ;)

But it wasn't in Hey Jude ;)

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2011, 11:56:08 am »
Yeah I am denying it, they did not rhyme 'eyes with skies' in Hey Jude as was stated.

In fairness the people who are supporting Pete Doherty are worse than the ones criticizing him. I'm sure the smackhead jibes must annoy them but comparisons with Lennon/McCartney, telling people to burn records and CD's if you don't agree with drugs. Keith Richards???? one of the greatest songwriters in the last 15 years, is harder to listen to.

He's not the  messiah, he's just a very naughty boy! ;)

The smackhead jibes don't annoy, i am not a fan of Doherty (just happened to see him give a good performance once), what annoys me is the hypocrisy:

Clapton/Knopfler/Richards/Bowie/Iggy Pop/Lou Reed/Gil Scot Heron - just a few examples of musicians who have been smackheads  at some point in their career. Am neither condemning nor condoning their drug use, but some great songs have come out of musicians experiences on drugs.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2011, 11:57:59 am »
some great songs have come out of musicians experiences on drugs.

Just not from Doherty then.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2011, 11:58:34 am »

Exactly.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2011, 11:59:34 am »
The smackhead jibes don't annoy, i am not a fan of Doherty (just happened to see him give a good performance once), what annoys me is the hypocrisy:

Clapton/Knopfler/Richards/Bowie/Iggy Pop/Lou Reed/Gil Scot Heron - just a few examples of musicians who have been smackheads  at some point in their career. Am neither condemning nor condoning their drug use, but some great songs have come out of musicians experiences on drugs.

Another one. Spot on.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2011, 12:00:37 pm »

Never said it was Hey Jude though did I ?

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2011, 12:05:43 pm »

I'm sure it's equally responsible for some of their worst songs as well to be fair.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2011, 12:07:15 pm »
its not just hatred. Im a far more talented musician than that skank. I just never got the break.

You should try Britains got Talent.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2011, 12:08:10 pm »
They dont like proper musicians. They prefer marketable pop shit.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2011, 12:08:21 pm »

I did lol, twas my mistake.

The point still stands, it was a stooopid jibe at his lyrics from the poster.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2011, 12:10:24 pm »
I did lol, twas my mistake.

The point still stands, it was a stooopid jibe at his lyrics from the poster.

Twas a stupid jibe yes.

Edit: And Lou Reed rhymed ''Man'' with ''Hand'' on I'm waiting for my man.  And he was a smackhead, so I suppose most people would have called him talentless and a smackhead c*nt etc.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 12:12:41 pm by jooneyisdagod »

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2011, 12:14:21 pm »
Pete Doherty hasn't released even a half a decent record since Up The Bracket in 2002. Curious how appalling both him and Barat are as solo artists.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2011, 12:15:13 pm »
They dont like proper musicians. They prefer marketable pop shit.

Do you believe Doherty's music is marketable pop shit ? 

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2011, 12:15:52 pm »
Twas a stupid jibe yes.

Edit: And Lou Reed rhymed ''Man'' with ''Hand'' on I'm waiting for my man.  And he was a smackhead, so I suppose most people would have called him talentless and a smackhead c*nt etc.

Yea, the smackhead c*nts.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2011, 12:16:42 pm »
Do you believe Doherty's music is marketable pop shit ? 

I think a lot of his material is media driven. And also talentless fucking shit.

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2011, 12:19:50 pm »

Never said you did mate

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2011, 12:24:30 pm »

I think a lot of his material is media driven. And also talentless fucking shit.

Then why didn't they become big as soon as they started releasing their songs ?  They did toil playing crappy gigs for ages before the strokes took off and suddenly record companies were interested in guitar bands again.  If their material is as media driven as you claim it is, then surely they must have been picked up by one of the many record labels looking for some marketable pop shit ?

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2011, 12:26:19 pm »
Yup, they were. I have a mate who is touted as one of the best guitar players in the world, and he cant get a look in with the labels. But that talentless junkie fuck rides the media waves.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2011, 12:30:02 pm »
Yup, they were. I have a mate who is touted as one of the best guitar players in the world, and he cant get a look in with the labels. But that talentless junkie fuck rides the media waves.

Music is art though mate, not sport so it doesn't matter how fast you can play a guitar, its about how ''well'' you can play it !

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2011, 12:32:36 pm »
Ahhh that old chestnut. Do you play? Do you not realise that to be able to play at the speed of light you have to play slow. You just dont think ' i know, ill shred ' one day and all is well. And he has worked far harder at his craft than that junkie fuck.