Author Topic: Thank you Carra!  (Read 57619 times)

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Thank you Carra!
« Reply #560 on: February 26, 2024, 11:26:19 am »
You won't get many examples because clear cut examples don't exist.  What happens is similar to how his playing career is read by some,  he has quite an abrasive personality, which is probably amplified for Tv/Entertainment, so understably some people don't like him and that affects the way they look at everything.

So for instance he renews a contract not long before a takeover is completed and those Carragher critics will conclude as fact and state for decades that;  he conspired with Purslow, his dad, his wife and his girlfriend on the side to oust Rafa, as Rafa was gonna ease him out, politicked his way to getting an english manager who would play him and then strong armed purslow to push his contract extension through before a new regime or any pesky kids would veto his dastardly plan.  YOu can almost hear the Godfather music in the background, in the heads of some of these posters.

Hours of Carra venerating LFc players is overlooked, (like hours of Carra, putting everything on the line playing for us is also overlooked) to find a situation or 2 where a LFC player is blasted and Carra doesn't run to their defence on TV, or Carra himself blasts a player for making bad mistakes that cost us dearly and these are presented as proof of him apparantly shitting on LFC.  Or as these posters would put it; jealous jamie, jealously protecting his own somewhat tarnished legacy by attempting to deface players who are putting his career in the shade, all for the sake of his bloated ego.

Did you miss the phone call to Tomkins in which he admitted his Dad and brother were actively campaigning to get Benitez removed.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #561 on: February 26, 2024, 01:10:14 pm »
Did you miss the phone call to Tomkins in which he admitted his Dad and brother were actively campaigning to get Benitez removed.

You mean this one?;

https://tomkinstimes.com/2010/03/%E2%80%9Chi-paul-it%E2%80%99s-jamie-carragher-%E2%80%9D/

Noone knows 100% what Carra privately felt about Rafa, but Carragher going out of his way to deny that his families views about were his own, shouldn't be held as proof that Jamie, his dad, brother, girlfriend and the rest of the 5 families were plotting against Rafa.  But someone that has an agenda will use seemingly anything.

People talk about Carra refusing to play against middlesboro', I have heard that 1 a lot, that might have some truth to it, but it seems strange to me, that Carra would refuse to play, as he was scared of Downing and that 2 months later, 31 yr old Cara is playing fullback at old trafford against the reigning balon d'or Ronaldo. A lot of these might be old wives tales by a section of conspiracy loving Internet fans, who are invested in believing them, in part because of Carragher's reluctance to push pro LFC refereeing conspiracies and other nonsense
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 01:12:04 pm by markmywords »

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #562 on: February 26, 2024, 01:46:07 pm »
Cnut.

Yep. He regularly sticks the boot in early - as he can always alter his tone later (and do the more pro-LFC 'bants' for social media type content accordingly).

Sky lapdog since the spitting incident.

Got to admit... fair play to Mike Dean (I don't like him, but...) - he gave any stick that came his way straight back at Neville. And was clear that Neville did not like it one bit.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 01:48:39 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: February 27, 2024, 09:02:04 am »
That’s like the perfect example of him, absolutey well on the bandwagon and ready to act the complete clown to rub it in his fellow pundts’ face when all is well with Liverpool. But equally willing to go the other way when they are struggling.

Carragher is basically a classic Twitter Bandwagon fan, which is fitting whe you see how he and Neville behave on there. It’s not a surprise that the whole deal with them both is to appeal to the banter brigade of football fans.

You’ve pretty much described most Liverpool fans. Look at how often the sky falls in on rawk when we have bad form.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #564 on: February 27, 2024, 11:22:21 am »

Don't bother mate, they can't bear to think that their beloved 'Stevie and Carra' did anything wrong.  Even though every fucker with a brain knows exactly what happened.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
« Reply #565 on: February 29, 2024, 05:10:28 pm »
He's a weird one Carra. You could hear his delight the other night when Van Dijk scored. Yet he goes so far out of his way to put us down in an effort to appear neutral.

It's ok just to appreciate how brilliant we've been in the past 5 years. I've never seen anything like it in my lifetime.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #566 on: February 29, 2024, 07:40:34 pm »
He's a weird one Carra. You could hear his delight the other night when Van Dijk scored. Yet he goes so far out of his way to put us down in an effort to appear neutral.

It's ok just to appreciate how brilliant we've been in the past 5 years. I've never seen anything like it in my lifetime.

He jumps on the bandwagon when we win something (and for banter points with Neville), but when we lose he sticks the knife in and pushes agendas. Last season he started the smear campaign against Ljinders and started with the whole mentality midgets bollocks.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: February 29, 2024, 09:21:55 pm »
Rafa went to China, bollocks to him too surely?

That doesn’t matter to some on here..

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #568 on: March 12, 2024, 12:46:06 am »

After he gobbed on a kid he cried and begged on sky news

This is the 2nd part of the deal

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #569 on: March 13, 2024, 11:01:18 am »

After last night's CL match between Arsenal and Porto... Carragher seemingly infers that presenter Katie Abdo has not been loyal to her partner Malik Scott - live on air...

https://twitter.com/The_Forty_Four/status/1767796941742596472 or https://v.redd.it/7q2vivxji0oc1 (15 second clip)

^ 'Top bantz', there. Not awkward, unprofessional, or wholly inappropriate, at all.

The conversation...

Jamie: ...in the last part you have to wear it! [refers to the Arsenal shirt he is wearing]

Kate: No, I’m loyal!

Jamie: To who?

Kate: Manchester United, thank you very much.

Jamie: …Not to Malik![Laughs] 

Kate: What? How can you even say that?

Thierry: Sorry?

« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 11:41:44 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: March 13, 2024, 11:30:52 am »
what an idiot he is at times

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #571 on: March 13, 2024, 12:36:03 pm »
He’s an absolute c*nt.

At best, you can say he got the tone wrong and meant it as ‘not Malik over Man U’
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #572 on: March 13, 2024, 12:47:34 pm »
Can't say I've read all the thread and vitriol above, but I do get that he is certainly polarising since he took on that Sky gig.

As someone said above - he's probably had to act in a certain way on Sky after gobbing on that kid. It's almost like they've got him over a barrel. But, who knows.

What i don't like about him is that he almost seems to be making up his punditry as he delivers it. It's a weird style. He's obviously had to research his pieces before the broadcasts but it looks like he's almost acting as if he's speaking ad hoc to give himself more of a natural, matey presentation. E.g. when he's asked a question, he'll often make all those funny faces like he's torn between perspectives and he'll ooh and aah and make so may conditional statements. It's actually tiring to watch.

Oh yeah, and I never rated him as a player. I rated his passion, deffo. And I admired his versatility in the back four. But he was never, ever world-class. At best, I'd say he was at the same level as a player as players like Jonathan Woodgate and Conor Coady (and they're both arguably technically better than him).

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #573 on: March 13, 2024, 03:06:54 pm »
What I’ve always wanted to know about him, why was he allowed to bring his son to the trophy lift of the 2012 Carling cup?

I have no issue with it, but if someone else did it they would have of got slaughtered. Especially a foreign player. When i saw it at the time, it smacked of the whole getting a contract from Purslow during the takeover, his apparent role in Rafa’s departure, his OTT spat with Arbeloa against West Brom. He had too much power when he was here, and the idiot it turned him into comes across now.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: March 13, 2024, 03:23:45 pm »
I think he was one of the best defenders around to be honest from like 2005-2008ish? But I think he was lucky though that he played under Houiller and Benitez which were more defensive-minded which didn't exploit his weaknesses as much. I think he'd been found out massively if it was someone who'd want the defenders a few feet up the pitch.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 03:27:32 pm by Garlicbread »

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: March 13, 2024, 04:14:42 pm »
What I’ve always wanted to know about him, why was he allowed to bring his son to the trophy lift of the 2012 Carling cup?

I have no issue with it, but if someone else did it they would have of got slaughtered. Especially a foreign player. When i saw it at the time, it smacked of the whole getting a contract from Purslow during the takeover, his apparent role in Rafa’s departure, his OTT spat with Arbeloa against West Brom. He had too much power when he was here, and the idiot it turned him into comes across now.

He's always had dark character traits but Houllier (and a solid club structure) kept him on the straight and narrow and disciplined after the spice boy era and then Benitez.

Turning point was Hicks and Gillett. He took advantage of the chaos and power vacuum that created, particularly at the point where Rafa was ready to faze him out.

As for bringing his kid up the Wembley steps to lift the trophy with him, he kicked up enough of a fuss when Josemi and others got near the front of the picture in Istanbul for the trophy lift. And he only got on the pitch that day because Agger went off injured in extra time IIRC.

I think he was one of the best defenders around to be honest from like 2005-2008ish? But I think he was lucky though that he played under Houiller and Benitez which were more defensive-minded which didn't exploit his weaknesses as much. I think he'd been found out massively if it was someone who'd want the defenders a few feet up the pitch.

Was excellent in that period but arguably wasn't even one of the best two at Liverpool with Hyypia and Agger. Was fortunate that Hyypia and Agger were both left sided CB's (and Hyypia getting on in years) so he'd partner one of them who would make him look better. He always struggled next to someone like Skrtel, rather than next to two of the best CB's we've had in very compact defensive teams.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 04:23:28 pm by Fromola »

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #576 on: March 13, 2024, 04:51:12 pm »
You give him far too much credit, I really don't think he's bright enough for these 'dark character traits'.

• Kopite
« Reply #577 on: March 13, 2024, 04:59:44 pm »
He's always had dark character traits but Houllier (and a solid club structure) kept him on the straight and narrow and disciplined after the spice boy era and then Benitez.

Turning point was Hicks and Gillett. He took advantage of the chaos and power vacuum that created, particularly at the point where Rafa was ready to faze him out.

As for bringing his kid up the Wembley steps to lift the trophy with him, he kicked up enough of a fuss when Josemi and others got near the front of the picture in Istanbul for the trophy lift. And he only got on the pitch that day because Agger went off injured in extra time IIRC.

Was excellent in that period but arguably wasn't even one of the best two at Liverpool with Hyypia and Agger. Was fortunate that Hyypia and Agger were both left sided CB's (and Hyypia getting on in years) so he'd partner one of them who would make him look better. He always struggled next to someone like Skrtel, rather than next to two of the best CB's we've had in very compact defensive teams.

The bit about Josemi. Are you saying he is hypocritical for having a go at Josemi? I wasn’t sure what you meant.

Because Josemi in Istanbul has more of a claim to being at the front of a picture than his son at Wembley.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #578 on: March 13, 2024, 05:01:16 pm »
Jeez, what was he thinking?  :o
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: March 13, 2024, 05:05:36 pm »

I mean he's either trying to wind her and her fiance up, or he has heard rumours of something / knows something and can't keep his gob shut, either way it might cause some shit at home for her, an either way - what an absolute dickhead. 

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: March 13, 2024, 05:59:30 pm »
The bit about Josemi. Are you saying he is hypocritical for having a go at Josemi? I wasn’t sure what you meant.

Because Josemi in Istanbul has more of a claim to being at the front of a picture than his son at Wembley.

Yep.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: March 13, 2024, 06:27:26 pm »

He's perennially online - absolutely constantly engaging with and arguing with people on twitter. There's always a joke around that Henry has the hots for her and they always play to it. The classic taking it way too far.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #582 on: March 13, 2024, 06:28:18 pm »
Pretty well documented what I think of Carragher in this thread but it's fucking vomit inducing watching Bluenoses and Mancs take the moral high ground because it's an ex-Liverpool player who's said it.  Probably the same people who sang 'the baby's not yours' at Gerrard.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #583 on: March 13, 2024, 07:03:01 pm »
Nasty piece of work who can't keep his mouth shut it seems.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: March 13, 2024, 07:49:17 pm »
Kate Abdo probably took it better than most people online.

Shes great at her job.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: March 13, 2024, 07:49:55 pm »
Should rename the thread "Fuck's sake, Carra!"  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #586 on: March 13, 2024, 08:33:56 pm »
As for bringing his kid up the Wembley steps to lift the trophy with him, he kicked up enough of a fuss when Josemi and others got near the front of the picture in Istanbul for the trophy lift.

He still brings this up till this day, I saw him mentioning it on that stick to football podcast he’s on with Neville a few months back. You can tell it kills his ego that he’s not front and centre.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: March 13, 2024, 10:16:09 pm »
That show is a bit of a joke. They get far too excited and far too ‘bantery’ and Carragher went too far.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #588 on: March 13, 2024, 10:20:49 pm »
That show is a bit of a joke. They get far too excited and far too ‘bantery’ and Carragher went too far.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #589 on: March 14, 2024, 02:11:24 pm »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #590 on: March 14, 2024, 02:15:17 pm »

Ask Thierry if he got the grass-stains out of his trousers

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: March 14, 2024, 02:22:51 pm »
Don't have an issue with him as a pundit, being brutally honest anyone on Sky and my mind checks out. He looks far better on ESPN with Abdo, Richards and Henry.

The main issue I've always had was the 'In-ger-lish' obsession him and Gerrard had at Liverpool. Player power got the better during 2010, them contributing to Rafa's demise ('too many foreign players and our wives can't hang out with non-English speakers' he brought in apparently) and then the ultimate offense, recommending the signing of Hodgson.

Just imagine if Carragher and Gerrard had the power of management signings back in the day. We would have been stuck with the likes of Curbishley (Gerrard's desired management choice over unfancied two time La Liga winners and UEFA Cup winners) or even worse. I shudder to think, and I hope to god Gerrard and Carra never have any powerful role in this club ever again.

Especially Gerrard, I mean, Carra's a plank but that man is 110% idiocy. It wasn't long ago that some fans and himself thought he had a god given right to manage this team. Scarily, he probably still thinks he does. Thank god he torpedoed his managerial career. For all our successes and sanity with FSG and Klopp, it doesn't take much for a horrendous decision like Gerrard being manager to happen.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #592 on: March 14, 2024, 02:33:20 pm »
She handled it pretty well when they were all back together:

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1be18sp/cbs_kate_abdo_addressing_the_awkward_moment_with/

He owes her big time as she handled that fantastically. Could of been in hot water otherwise

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #593 on: March 14, 2024, 02:35:10 pm »
She handled it pretty well when they were all back together:

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1be18sp/cbs_kate_abdo_addressing_the_awkward_moment_with/

She did, classy and professional as usual.

I did smile at Abdo referring to Carragher as the 'middle child', saying 'anything for attention', and 'does he go to far sometimes? Absolutely'.

And also the reference to Carragher apologising for what he had said about her on live tv - albeit off-screen - which also says a lot about Carragher himself.

Thought the show was a lot more subdued and professional than usual - the 'bantz' was limited and safe... with more focus on the actual football! It was almost watchable :)

At the end of this... it is simply another incident where Carragher showed himself up yet again (and he can also be grateful Abdo, (and Malik Scott?), took it with grace and nothing more came of it).

« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 03:51:33 pm by oojason »

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #594 on: March 14, 2024, 02:41:48 pm »
He owes her big time as she handled that fantastically. Could of been in hot water otherwise
yes I agree

I think it was a bit much asking for him to be sacked, I dont think he meant to be offensive over it

Banter or whatever you want to call it, he shouldnt have said it but was probably exaggerated into something it wasnt.

My own personal take long story short is it was just a shit joke, cringe banter
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #595 on: March 14, 2024, 02:43:15 pm »
Think it was all blown out proportion to be honest, it was a joke, a shit one yeah but it was obvious he was only joking.

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: March 14, 2024, 03:17:09 pm »
Think it was all blown out proportion to be honest, it was a joke, a shit one yeah but it was obvious he was only joking.

Agreed. Hopefully it means the age of banter will soon be behind us. Cringe inducing nonsense. Just stick to the game they watching from now on.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #597 on: March 14, 2024, 03:32:06 pm »
Agreed. Hopefully it means the age of banter will soon be behind us. Cringe inducing nonsense. Just stick to the game they watching from now on.

I don't watch that shite anyway to be honest. Generally watch the game on some dodgy stream then turn it off. I have zero interest in what Carra, Henry the guy with the silly laugh and the women hosting have to say.

• Kopite
« Reply #598 on: March 14, 2024, 03:52:46 pm »
Don't have an issue with him as a pundit, being brutally honest anyone on Sky and my mind checks out. He looks far better on ESPN with Abdo, Richards and Henry.

The main issue I've always had was the 'In-ger-lish' obsession him and Gerrard had at Liverpool. Player power got the better during 2010, them contributing to Rafa's demise ('too many foreign players and our wives can't hang out with non-English speakers' he brought in apparently) and then the ultimate offense, recommending the signing of Hodgson.

Just imagine if Carragher and Gerrard had the power of management signings back in the day. We would have been stuck with the likes of Curbishley (Gerrard's desired management choice over unfancied two time La Liga winners and UEFA Cup winners) or even worse. I shudder to think, and I hope to god Gerrard and Carra never have any powerful role in this club ever again.

Especially Gerrard, I mean, Carra's a plank but that man is 110% idiocy. It wasn't long ago that some fans and himself thought he had a god given right to manage this team. Scarily, he probably still thinks he does. Thank god he torpedoed his managerial career. For all our successes and sanity with FSG and Klopp, it doesn't take much for a horrendous decision like Gerrard being manager to happen.

I remember reading at the time, that Rafa was basically being erased. Pictures of him on the wall around Melwood were taken down etc. Rafa released that Champions League Dreams book, and wasn’t even invited on to LFC TV to promote it.

Then the nauseating Being Liverpool documentary, where they mentioned every success we had going back to Shankly, but Istanbul wasn’t mentioned once. Something that Carra and Gerrard played a huge part in.

Whenever they both spoke in the doc, it felt like they were saying it was the Rafa regime more than H&G that was the dark cloud. I get why they wouldn’t mention Rafa too much, as they didn’t want to outshine incoming Brendan.

But I hated how Stevie and Carra were painted as saints during that time, while Rafa was erased. Something I do believe Carra and Stevie were instrumental in, and no surprise Rafa has been more involved with the club since they went.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: March 14, 2024, 06:05:00 pm »

Yep I think so too. I dont really like that whole banter aspect of that show and also am not keen on the Abdo taking the piss out of Richards. It feels like a joke of a show.