Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 583542 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
FFS he only just got back after being injured the last time he was on international duty!

I know he's a gutsy Scot, but have a bit of common fucking sense, lad!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
He tried to soldier on for another 5 mins or so, and didn't look too hobbly when coming off so hopefully not too bad! He should have come straight off, though. Glad Bradley came through unscathed!
Fingers crossed… he’s had a season ruined by impact injuries
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
FFS he only just got back after being injured the last time he was on international duty!

Love Robbo but let's be frank about one thing: he's probably played too much football last 3-4 years.

Anyway, hope he's fit for the run in, we can probably get by for Brighton game but after that, we need him.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
Love Robbo but let's be frank about one thing: he's probably played too much football last 3-4 years.

Anyway, hope he's fit for the run in, we can probably get by for Brighton game but after that, we need him.

We’ve got Sheff Utd the game after that. If we need him for that, we’re truly fucked!

;)
We are Liverpool!

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king

His injuries don't really have anything to do with the amount of football he's played though. A dislocated shoulder and an injury from a heavy tackle, not like he's having muscle injuries. I think he's just had a period of really bad luck.

And we have to remember that he's a proud captain of a country who don't usually qualify for international tournaments, so there's no way he'd accept sitting out a game at this stage.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We’ve got Sheff Utd the game after that. If we need him for that, we’re truly fucked!

;)
haha

any injury is bad news, but an injury at LB is probably the most 'affordable' at the moment, while we have two experienced and fit options there in Gomez and Tsimikas. And with Trent soon returning, we may soon add Bradley to that list of options at LB too.

So long as we don't need Gomez at CB, it's not the worst position to have an injury in

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Blame that c*nt Braveheart.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Will be interesting to hear from Klopp on Friday.

Before the international break he said Jones could possibly be back for Brighton. Trent and Jota possibly the week after. Bajčetić has been cleared to do pre-season type training and Klopp said he's join team training after the international break so he might be available for the bench in the next few weeks.

Matip out for the season, and probably Thiago too. We'll need to wait to here on Robertson. Not been much information on Alisson or Doak.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
Doak won't be back until pre-season will he?

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
I don't think we'll see anyone back for Brighton who wasn't available before, and Robbo is now on that list.

The light at the end of the injury tunnel isn't quite a train coming the other way, but it seems we aren't getting much closer to that light  :D

I would shake hands on this:
No change for Brighton.
Sheff U it shouldn't matter, but I'm hoping we see the likes of Jones, Robbo on the bench there.
Man U I'm hoping Trent, Jota make the bench and Alisson is available to start.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
Doak won't be back until pre-season will he?
no. "no return date" right now.

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Talk about dodging a bullet....Lavia's season is over after only having one 30 minute appearance all season!

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
no. "no return date" right now.

I've got a vague recollection a timeframe of 4-6 months was given, from the time he was injured, which I think was Novemberish

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Talk about dodging a bullet....Lavia's season is over after only having one 30 minute appearance all season!

Chelsea's injury list this season has been ludicrous given they haven't got Europe.

They only signed him out of spite to stop us getting him.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
I don't like bad mouthing players, but I'm pissed off with Robbo at the moment
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
also - lucky for him he got a big deal before a big injury (I guess). Would likely be ages (or never?) before he becomes that valuable as a transfer fee and wage again. Also lucky Boehly and Chelsea don’t give a shit about money. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
I don't like bad mouthing players, but I'm pissed off with Robbo at the moment

It's not his fault, it's his yard dog manager. Left back is their strongest area too so Clarke could easily have left him out of a nothing game the bellend.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan

Love Robbo however if he's going to be injured all the time we need to buy another top quality Left back, it's one of the few positions we can really upgrade. He could be doing himself out of a being our first choice LB for next season. Probably not fair on him however things are tough at the top.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Love Robbo however if he's going to be injured all the time we need to buy another top quality Left back, it's one of the few positions we can really upgrade. He could be doing himself out of a being our first choice LB for next season. Probably not fair on him however things are tough at the top.

?

This season is an outlier, he usually misses 2 or 3 league games a season, so its not like he's injured all the time
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town

We've got quite a few full backs just at the moment, Gomez deserves to be playing every game but he's not first choice for any one position really.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
I think that players like Robbo, Virgil and Salah are at the stage where they would need to consider quitting their national teams to prolong their club career. It probably won't happen because of their respective national pride, each one stronger than the other and all being captains of those sides, but that decision will be made one day if not by them then for them. By which time it would be too late.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
I think that players like Robbo, Virgil and Salah are at the stage where they would need to consider quitting their national teams to prolong their club career. It probably won't happen because of their respective national pride, each one stronger than the other and all being captains of those sides, but that decision will be made one day if not by them then for them. By which time it would be too late.
would be interesting to know how many players have quit international football while they were national team captain.  my guess is it would be very very few.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
would be interesting to know how many players have quit international football while they were national team captain.  my guess is it would be very very few.

It’s always going to be more likely that any players quit international football after a major tournament. For some European players that might be after this summers euros. Generally I think you commit to 2 year cycles as an international player
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
Rumours are that Trent, Ali, Curtis and Jota are still at least another 2 weeks away. Which is cutting it very close for the United match, with the likelihood of their return being after Atalanta. Bajcetic was in team training for whatever that is worth.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
?

This season is an outlier, he usually misses 2 or 3 league games a season, so its not like he's injured all the time

Yeah he's hardly an injury concern in the same way Konate or Matip is.
One was a freak injury caused by a collision with a keeper, one was a challenge from an opponent. Just annoying both happened while on international duty.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Rumours are that Trent, Ali, Curtis and Jota are still at least another 2 weeks away. Which is cutting it very close for the United match, with the likelihood of their return being after Atalanta. Bajcetic was in team training for whatever that is worth.
Trent and Jota were always supposed to be a week after the international break, so that’s not much difference.
Curtis was said to be around the break so let’s see on him.
Might have Bajcetic back too if we’re lucky
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 07:39:24 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Chelsea's injury list this season has been ludicrous given they haven't got Europe.

They only signed him out of spite to stop us getting him.

Well nobody forced him to go there. He could have called Southampton's bluff and decided to stick it out until January. But he was badly advised, and fortunately for us it turned out that we didn't really need him!

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Yeah he's hardly an injury concern in the same way Konate or Matip is.
One was a freak injury caused by a collision with a keeper, one was a challenge from an opponent. Just annoying both happened while on international duty.

Yeah. "if he's going to be injured all the time" is the definition of knee jerk reactions. The only real concern is the potential for these injuries to lead to some long term niggles that affect contribution. But it's clear we're well covered in the area currently, so even if we have to manage his minutes in the near future he still has plenty to offer us.

Popcorn's Art

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan

Henderson should have retired with England years ago, instead he was done by 2022, physical burn out.

Milner prolonged his career at the top level by retiring earlier from international football.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
Well nobody forced him to go there. He could have called Southampton's bluff and decided to stick it out until January. But he was badly advised, and fortunately for us it turned out that we didn't really need him!

Ridiculous of him to go there when they'd literally just broke the British transfer record on a player who plays in the same position as him.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Shite news if Jones is two weeks away when Klopp said he should be ready for Brighton.

The United game is the one where we need options as they are spawny fucking rats. Trent apparently targeting that as his return but seems unlikely he would start.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
There is only 10 league games left. We are getting into the territory now of them missing the main run in. I very much doubt we are seeing Alisson much this season.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
There is only 10 league games left. We are getting into the territory now of them missing the main run in. I very much doubt we are seeing Alisson much this season.

I think he'll be back in the next week or two but I'm not worried, even if he misses the rest of the season.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Does anyone ever actually recover from injury at this club?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Does anyone ever actually recover from injury at this club?

Never, not once in 132yrs

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
It’s great getting the lads back but it will take a further couple weeks to get the rust off. In games like Man Utd away we’ll have to stick to the players that have already been performing.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
Reading the Reddit link it sounds like none of the injured players are back and are probably 2 weeks away with Alisson being 2-3 weeks away. Jota, Jones, Trent and Bajcetic are still out and unlikely to feature in the United game going off that.

Great insight that was shared though. You don’t often see that.
YWNA

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bajcetic can't be far, he'll be in full training when they all get back.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
Reading the Reddit link it sounds like none of the injured players are back and are probably 2 weeks away with Alisson being 2-3 weeks away. Jota, Jones, Trent and Bajcetic are still out and unlikely to feature in the United game going off that.

Great insight that was shared though. You don’t often see that.

That Reddit link sounds like absolute horseshit by the way. As if Klopp would be giving out injury updates to some random fan.

"Got to watch training from the balcony of the media suite for about 25 minutes, during which Klopp came over and chatted from below. I asked him about Alisson, he said he was 2-3 weeks away. Said similar for Trent and Curtis. Robbo was inside having a scan. He joked about the packed April schedule."
We are Liverpool!