Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 611898 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #5720 on: December 14, 2018, 07:46:46 pm »
https://twitter.com/ChrisVernonShow/status/1073343059193196544

Joakim Noah Admits He Partied Too Much In New York

Joakim Noah spent two seasons with the New York Knicks after signing a four-year, $72 million deal.

Noah now admits that he wasn't quite mature enough to handle living in New York.

"I'm too lit to play in New York City," Noah said on The Chris Vernon Show. "I was too lit. Memphis is perfect for me. Chicago was lit, too, but I was younger. You can recover faster."

Noah signed with the Memphis Grizzlies several weeks after his buyout with the Knicks.

Noah's tenure with the Knicks ended following an altercation with Jeff Hornacek.

"It happened so fast," Noah said. "One year I'm playing 35 minutes a game. And then injuries started piling up. I got this crazy deal with the Knicks, and then the next thing you know I'm not playing anymore. Get kicked off the team. It was a crazy time. I wasn't sure I was gonna get an opportunity to play again."

Noah remained in New York and continued to party before deciding to head to Malibu to rededicate himself to playing again.

"When I got kicked off the team, it was New York Fashion Week," Noah said. "I was getting paid a lot of money and I had no direction. I really had to make a decision of how I wanted to live my life. If I kept going in the direction I was going in and stayed in New York, then I probably wouldn't be here right now."

-------------------------------
well, no shit sherlock, i think everyone knew that.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5721 on: December 15, 2018, 10:20:46 am »
this is hilarious:

A potential three-team trade involving Trevor Ariza is considered dead after the Phoenix Suns mistakenly thought they would receive Dillon Brooks instead of MarShon Brooks from the Memphis Grizzlies. :lmao

The framework for the original deal involved Trevor Ariza going to the Wizards, Kelly Oubre going to the Grizzlies, and Austin Rivers, Wayne Selden, and MarShon Brooks heading to the Suns.

But the Suns wanted Dillon Brooks instead of MarShon Brooks. Memphis then called off the deal.

The confusion happened due to the Wizards brokering the deal between them, the Suns, and the Grizzlies. Grizzlies and Suns officials never communicated directly until the trade was almost finalized, leading to the confusion.

The Suns and Wizards are still interested in a deal involving Ariza and are searching for a third team.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5722 on: December 15, 2018, 06:07:20 pm »
6 wins in a row including on the road to philly and oladipo back. back on track :)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5723 on: December 15, 2018, 06:19:20 pm »
this is hilarious:

A potential three-team trade involving Trevor Ariza is considered dead after the Phoenix Suns mistakenly thought they would receive Dillon Brooks instead of MarShon Brooks from the Memphis Grizzlies. :lmao

The framework for the original deal involved Trevor Ariza going to the Wizards, Kelly Oubre going to the Grizzlies, and Austin Rivers, Wayne Selden, and MarShon Brooks heading to the Suns.

But the Suns wanted Dillon Brooks instead of MarShon Brooks. Memphis then called off the deal.

The confusion happened due to the Wizards brokering the deal between them, the Suns, and the Grizzlies. Grizzlies and Suns officials never communicated directly until the trade was almost finalized, leading to the confusion.

The Suns and Wizards are still interested in a deal involving Ariza and are searching for a third team.

doesnt shock me at all about the suns there

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5724 on: December 19, 2018, 06:31:44 pm »
Stephen A on his radio show said the celtics offered Jaylen Brown and Tatum for AD, probably as good as New Orleans will get and probably works for the celtics too as those two will be getting paid big money in the next year or two so helps with the cap

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #5725 on: December 19, 2018, 10:06:59 pm »
Stephen A on his radio show said the celtics offered Jaylen Brown and Tatum for AD, probably as good as New Orleans will get and probably works for the celtics too as those two will be getting paid big money in the next year or two so helps with the cap
He must be lying, as AD has same contract as Kyrie which you can only have one on the team with it. So they can't trade for AD till after the deadline Feb.

Watch the video and its explained.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS5yM6fsELE

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5726 on: December 20, 2018, 12:16:23 am »
He must be lying, as AD has same contract as Kyrie which you can only have one on the team with it. So they can't trade for AD till after the deadline Feb.

Watch the video and its explained.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS5yM6fsELE
hmmm, maybe something for the summer (ie get the deal agreed in principle now and move then?)

Thing is I can’t see the pels getting anything better than that, including from the lakers, clips could basically only offer cap relief and the nets don’t have much that would tempt them like Tatum would

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5727 on: December 20, 2018, 12:49:50 am »
hmmm, maybe something for the summer (ie get the deal agreed in principle now and move then?)

Thing is I can’t see the pels getting anything better than that, including from the lakers, clips could basically only offer cap relief and the nets don’t have much that would tempt them like Tatum would

Boston would never offer both jaylen and Jayson. Boston stockpiled assets so they could get AD without losing their core.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5728 on: December 20, 2018, 06:07:01 am »
Boston would never offer both jaylen and Jayson. Boston stockpiled assets so they could get AD without losing their core.
They will trade Jaylen but Tatum is a big no imo.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #5729 on: December 20, 2018, 01:13:39 pm »
Second night in a row we're getting screwed by the refs by a game ending no-call. Fucking scum. Two blatant errors btw.

There are human beings and then there are refs. They are a different breed.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5730 on: December 26, 2018, 03:34:03 am »
Lakers are serving up an absolute shoeing to Golden State here.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5731 on: December 26, 2018, 04:02:57 am »
Yeah with LeBron going off injured in the 3rd quarter as well.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #5732 on: December 26, 2018, 08:52:31 am »
That was hell of a Xmas present lol Did anyone clock Green face on the bench..... ;D

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5733 on: December 30, 2018, 11:12:19 pm »
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 11:35:49 pm by Lush is the best medicine... »

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5734 on: January 3, 2019, 08:07:08 pm »
First round of all star voting, West is quite fun, doncic is second to Lebron and drose is second ahead of harden (guessing its the Chinese as he’s really popular out there)

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5735 on: January 4, 2019, 01:17:07 am »
Loads of the ev in San Antonio tonight

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5736 on: January 4, 2019, 01:52:02 am »
Loads of the ev in San Antonio tonight

I'm glad, Leonard acted like a twat.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5737 on: January 4, 2019, 08:07:17 pm »
I'm glad, Leonard acted like a twat.

Not that I begrudge Spurs fans hating him, but we don't know shit. Kawhi's a straight forward guy that would have gotten his supermax in SA, there has to be something involved that hasn't been reported/focused on. Maybe he's a dick, maybe Pop was the dick, maybe Uncle Dennis is the dick, maybe someone in the Spurs FO was a dick.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5738 on: January 4, 2019, 08:07:34 pm »
No love for Harden?

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5739 on: January 4, 2019, 08:10:16 pm »
No love for Harden?

Not with the extreme favoritism he gets from the refs

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5740 on: January 4, 2019, 09:20:48 pm »
No love for Harden?
do that in a big playoff game and he will get my love

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5741 on: January 5, 2019, 01:44:56 am »
Absolutely love dirk, one of the 20 best players of all time, but please retire at the end of the season.

Finally got to see him in person last year and he did look really old then, just hope he gets 3 tonight so he gets the most points in Boston for a western conference player

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5742 on: January 5, 2019, 12:58:33 pm »
And whoever at sky who got inside the nba, thanks.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5743 on: January 10, 2019, 01:20:04 am »
The Wizards Broadcast is showing a Sports betting style broadcast as an alternative on friday. Not sure If league Pass will show this or not but here more details http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/25705887/nbc-sports-washington-plus-start-alternate-betting-focused-washington-wizards-broadcasts

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5744 on: January 16, 2019, 01:36:43 pm »
Harden is amazing and all that but I think the Warriors are coasting it so far, and look like they might pick it up at the end of the season at the playoffs.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #5745 on: January 17, 2019, 01:15:13 pm »
Mike Zavagno@MZavagno11
James Harden has scored 57 or more points in 2 consecutive games. ZERO of his made shots in those two games were assisted. Not a single one

Add to that, Houston shot 70, yes, SEVENTY 3s in their latest match (and lost) and I will never stop sounding like yer da about where basketball is headed.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5746 on: January 17, 2019, 02:33:12 pm »
Harden is amazing and all that but I think the Warriors are coasting it so far, and look like they might pick it up at the end of the season at the playoffs.
harden needs to deliver in the playoffs before I get all excited

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5747 on: January 18, 2019, 12:00:16 pm »
harden needs to deliver in the playoffs before I get all excited

And he gets awarded an unholy amount of fouls for nothing.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5748 on: January 21, 2019, 09:30:26 pm »
Doncic with a triple-double at Milwaukee, and an outrageous 3 in the final minute of the 4th...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5749 on: January 22, 2019, 12:13:48 am »
He’s 19 and got a pretty shit Dallas squad in the playoff discussion, if he doesn’t get to the all star game it will be a joke, even in a stacked western conference

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5750 on: January 24, 2019, 12:44:24 pm »
Oladipo likely to be out for the season with a knee injury.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #5751 on: January 24, 2019, 01:03:57 pm »
Oladipo likely to be out for the season with a knee injury.

Watched it live 3 o'clock in the morning. Trainer immediately placed a towel on his kneecap cause it was gruesome and out of its place (I think)!

And I wonder, are we cursed? First Paul George, now Oladipo, two franchise players, seriously injured and derailing our season. It's not like we sold our soul to the devil, right? One NBA finals appearance
20 like years ago and that's it.

Now that I'm surrounded by existential dread, I ask myself, "do you honestly expect the Pacers to ever feature in the Finals ever again? Especially with no chance to ever attract the best players via FA and an owner never willing to take the next step. My answer is a firm 'NO' and I further wonder why the fuck then I watch them.

Fuck that shit. Really sad about Dipo. Session over.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5752 on: January 24, 2019, 01:23:47 pm »
Watched it live 3 o'clock in the morning. Trainer immediately placed a towel on his kneecap cause it was gruesome and out of its place (I think)!

And I wonder, are we cursed? First Paul George, now Oladipo, two franchise players, seriously injured and derailing our season. It's not like we sold our soul to the devil, right? One NBA finals appearance
20 like years ago and that's it.

Now that I'm surrounded by existential dread, I ask myself, "do you honestly expect the Pacers Knicks to ever feature in the Finals ever again? Especially with no chance to ever attract the best players via FA and an owner never willing to take the next step. My answer is a firm 'NO' and I further wonder why the fuck then I watch them.

Fuck that shit. Really sad about Dipo. Session over.
Try being a Knicks fan.  :-\
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5753 on: January 24, 2019, 02:01:57 pm »
Really hate to see that for Oladipo. He was somewhat inconsistent for his one season in OKC (much of it not his fault) and he seems like a real good guy, but it's been great to see him blossom in Indiana.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5754 on: January 24, 2019, 08:02:49 pm »
so fucking unlucky us like yiannis said. just as the east is open and lebronless. bloody typical.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5755 on: January 24, 2019, 08:24:41 pm »
Really hate to see that for Oladipo. He was somewhat inconsistent for his one season in OKC (much of it not his fault) and he seems like a real good guy, but it's been great to see him blossom in Indiana.
interestingly he credits that year in okc with Westbrook helping him get to his level, Barkley had this injury, admittedly it was 20 years ago and he was in his late 30s so hopefully he can recover something close to his old level

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5756 on: January 24, 2019, 10:01:32 pm »
Really sad to see, hope he recovers in time for the start of next season. Actually gutted for Pacers fans as well been flying this year.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5757 on: January 24, 2019, 10:16:27 pm »
Try being a Knicks fan.  :-\

Meh, Knicks will always have NYC as a pull factor. Their ongoing failure is due to their own mismanagement, so even though I consider them my 2nd team (or 3rd, with Ben in Philly), I have no sympathy for them.

It is indeed a slog being a fan of a small market team, though. The Jazz are probably the worst team to support in this regard. Have they ever managed to FA sign or trade in a superstar? The best FA I can think of was Carlos Boozer about 15 years ago. Wow, awesome. The team is entirely reliant on good drafting, then hoping the town might grow enough on the kids long enough to sign up for a 4th or 5th year. No chance of ever winning a title, no matter how well the club is run. Stockton and Malone were the miracles they needed, but they ran into peak Jordan. Now that's what I call a curse.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #5758 on: January 28, 2019, 02:32:19 pm »
WojBomb this morning: Anthony Davis's agent has told the Pelicans that he wants a trade to a competitive team the Lakers now and he won't sign any extension with NO (which expires next summer).
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5759 on: January 28, 2019, 02:37:37 pm »
If I'm NO, I wait till the summer and get Boston involved.