Author Topic: UFC/MMA thread  (Read 1902650 times)

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
Re: UFC/MMA thread.
« Reply #400 on: January 20, 2008, 03:38:42 pm »
Yeah I'm hyped for the Lesner fight. I seen his debut fight over in K1 (I think) were he beat his opponent in like 1 min and 30 seconds but apparently his opponent was crap.

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #401 on: January 20, 2008, 04:57:51 pm »
That that fight in K1 with Brock Lesnar was a complete joke.   Looking forward to seeing how he gets on in the UFC.

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: January 25, 2008, 09:42:25 pm »
Read an interview posted with him on the sherdog forums a few months back.

No chance he'll be signing with a major organisation any time soon.

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #403 on: February 2, 2008, 01:56:33 pm »
Well tonights the night, UFC 81! Lesner makes his debut in the UFC, I hope he manages to get the win. Shame it's not on live tonight in the UK I thought it would be. Anyone know any other ways I could watch it?

Offline MomoIsBoss

• Hope he cancelled the milk.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sappnin Lad
« Reply #404 on: February 2, 2008, 01:57:57 pm »
Tommorow on Bravo.
We're all laughing at Everton, ha ha ha ha

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: February 2, 2008, 02:16:27 pm »
MMA TV on Sopcast.

Offline Degs

• sy's midnight runners.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: February 2, 2008, 11:55:58 pm »

Fucking boss that RT, what time does it start on Sopcast?
What time is the big one?

Cheers

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: February 3, 2008, 12:02:34 am »
3am.

Depends on how quick the first three finish but I'd say the Lesnar fight will probably start around 4.15-4.30am and then the heavyweight title fight directly after...

Offline Degs

• sy's midnight runners.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: February 3, 2008, 12:03:44 am »
3am.

Depends on how quick the first three finish but I'd say the Lesnar fight will probably start around 4.15-4.30am and then the heavyweight title fight directly after...
Might do some coursework then give it a watch.

Got a link for us?

Ta.

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: February 3, 2008, 12:06:33 am »
Just click on the Live Channels part on SopCast and it's about the 15th channel down.

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: February 3, 2008, 04:55:26 am »
Spoiler
So Mir wins by submission in the 1st round. Not a great surprise really. It was always going to be hard for Lesnar to win with such little experience, especially going up against someone like Mir which was a really bad match up for him. Still, thought he looked quite impressive before he got caught. With more training, who knows...

Now hopefully Big Nog can win.
[close]

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: February 3, 2008, 05:02:14 am »
Spoiler
So Mir wins by submission in the 1st round. Not a great surprise really. It was always going to be hard for Lesnar to win with such little experience, especially going up against someone like Mir which was a really bad match up for him. Still, thought he looked quite impressive before he got caught. With more training, who knows...

Now hopefully Big Nog can win.
[close]

Spoiler
Absolutely spot on. Got overexcited and left himself open. Looks like he has some serious power.
[close]

Can only see a Sylvia win here unfortunately.

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: February 3, 2008, 05:19:17 am »
Spoiler
Immense!! Big Nog is the toughest fucker alive!! Brilliant.
[close]

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: February 3, 2008, 05:19:25 am »
Spoiler
Get in. Fuckking made up with that result.

Dude was was fucked  in the first.

Love how he coxed Tim onto the ground. Then when the big twat tried to stand up he kept him down. Masterful.
[close]

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: February 3, 2008, 05:20:26 am »
Spoiler
What a seriously hard c*nt he is. Practically impossible to knock out and his BJJ is just amazing. Only needed 15 seconds once Sylvia was down to end it.
[close]

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: February 3, 2008, 05:21:35 am »
Spoiler
Love how he coxed Tim onto the ground. Then when the big twat tried to stand up he kept him down. Masterful.
[close]

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #416 on: February 3, 2008, 11:02:55 pm »
I cant belive that huge beast lost that fight then haha lucky the other fella tho he was getting fucking murderd then.

Offline Another-kop-hero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #417 on: February 3, 2008, 11:12:19 pm »
Just seen the Lesnar Mir fight, Mir was getting murdered and if lesnar wasnt that stupid to stand in him like that then he'd have won,

Lesnar's looking good tho with it being his first fight he would have been schooled, but he seems to be a big ground and pound fighter so got a feeling he'll struggle against more technical fighters, but either way looking forward to his future fights

Still can't believe the size on him tho bigger than when he was in the WWF, still id take him  ;)  ;D

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: February 4, 2008, 02:13:34 am »
I cant belive that huge beast lost that fight then haha lucky the other fella tho he was getting fucking murderd then.

Lesnar was robbed.

Offline MomoIsBoss

• Legacy Fan
  • Sappnin Lad
« Reply #419 on: February 4, 2008, 02:26:40 am »
Enjoyed watching it before, even though I had read the spoilers beforehand ;D Lesnar did look half decent for his first go shocked me really, he got ad off tho in the end by a class piece of work by Mir.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #420 on: February 4, 2008, 10:48:46 am »
I think Mazzagatti got it WRONG with the stoppage and the point deduction. Lesnar could well have forced the stoppage had he been allowed to continue.
I think he did very well for his first UFC fight and to lose like that to someone as good as Mir is no shame. Even the experience of Tim Sylia was not enough to prevent getting caught in the guillotine choke.

I liked the look of Boetsch. He could be dangerous and Almeida also looks like he could cause a few problems.

Henderson V Silva could be the fight of the year.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #421 on: February 4, 2008, 05:01:30 pm »
I think Mazzagatti got it WRONG with the stoppage and the point deduction. Lesnar could well have forced the stoppage had he been allowed to continue.
I think he did very well for his first UFC fight and to lose like that to someone as good as Mir is no shame. Even the experience of Tim Sylia was not enough to prevent getting caught in the guillotine choke.

I liked the look of Boetsch. He could be dangerous and Almeida also looks like he could cause a few problems.

Henderson V Silva could be the fight of the year.

Great post. Agree with all that, thought it was bizarre the way he deducted him a point considering it was only his 2nd fight and he gave him no warnings. Mir didn't know what hit him! Great finish though and that will ultimately be the difference as to whether Lesnar makes it or not. I personally thinks he comes across as a twat. The size of him and his destructiveness is kind of like Houston Alexander and he wasn't able to waltz through everyone

Can't wait for Henderson and Silva, great card aswell

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #422 on: February 4, 2008, 06:47:03 pm »
that Sylvia is a monster

Anyways I was impressed with Mir. Even though this was Lesnar's debut I fully expected him to beat Mir.

Why were there loads of tossers in the crowd booing Lesnar  :wanker
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: February 4, 2008, 07:02:16 pm »
Because he's from the WWE and some thought he was just some kind of circus act I guess. Definitely showed a lot of potential though. Just needs more experience and training obviously. I'd like to see him fight Eddie Sanchez next.

Offline MomoIsBoss

• Legacy Fan
  • Sappnin Lad
« Reply #424 on: February 4, 2008, 10:15:54 pm »
Is it true Kimbo Slice is in the UFC, got told that today but I havent saw him?

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #425 on: February 4, 2008, 10:23:22 pm »
Because he's from the WWE and some thought he was just some kind of circus act I guess. Definitely showed a lot of potential though. Just needs more experience and training obviously. I'd like to see him fight Eddie Sanchez next.

I think he would be better trying to keep the fight standing up. He genuinely could be a contender and could cause some real damage once he gets going. I think he got a bit too excited although Mir would have caught lots of fighters with that leg lock.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: February 4, 2008, 10:35:39 pm »
UFC 83 announced. What a card

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventDetail.FightCard&eid=1082

Serra - St Piere
Lutter - Rich Franklin
Bisping
Mac Danzig

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #427 on: February 4, 2008, 10:37:33 pm »

Its a lack of respect IMO. Lesnar was minutes away from finishing him of. The ref was so lenient on head shots earlier in the night, and when Mir turned his head, and was hit in the back of his head, the fight was stopped. It certainly favored Mir, even if he was immedietley taken back down.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: February 4, 2008, 11:05:03 pm »
Yeah he was unlucky. He did hit him on the back of the head but Mir turned his head away from the punches and that was what caused it. Could well have been ended there and then if the ref hadn't stopped it.

UFC 83 announced. What a card

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventDetail.FightCard&eid=1082

Earlier that month though I reckon the UFN13 card is better. Must be the best non PPV event so far.

Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon
Stephan Bonnar vs. Matt Hamill
Thiago Alves vs. Karo Parisyan
Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin
Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard
Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo
Marcus Aurelio vs. Spencer Fisher
Josh Neer vs. Din Thomas
Anthony Johnson vs. Tommy Speer
« Last Edit: February 5, 2008, 06:50:43 am by realtarragona »

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #429 on: February 4, 2008, 11:45:14 pm »
Agreed.

Anyone got any idea how much the average ticket prices are for UFC fights.

I was looking at the gate reciepts for UFC 81 and they made nearly £1.5 million from a crowd of just 7000 odd :o

Offline mikek1984

• Peel 'ed. Property of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT
« Reply #430 on: February 4, 2008, 11:46:40 pm »
yeh mir turned his head it wasnt the beefcake purposly hitting the back ofi t
I LIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #431 on: February 4, 2008, 11:48:59 pm »
Read an interview posted with him on the sherdog forums a few months back.

No chance he'll be signing with a major organisation any time soon.

Shame. would have loved to seen him against someone like rampage

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: February 4, 2008, 11:52:38 pm »
I went to UFC 70 last April and my ticket was £100.

They were also available for £50, £150 and the floor ones were £250 I think.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #433 on: February 4, 2008, 11:55:54 pm »
Not bad prices actually.

Would defo pay £250 for a floor seat depending on the card.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #434 on: February 5, 2008, 12:18:44 am »
The whole Lesnar-Mir match is here. That blow to the back of the head shouldn't have been given by the referee IMO.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fJGa5eg4TCY

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: February 5, 2008, 12:26:49 am »
Would defo pay £250 for a floor seat depending on the card.

Well they're doing a show here in June and there's Shogun v Chuck Liddell on that card supposedly and possibly Brock Lesnar as well so far.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: February 5, 2008, 05:27:31 am »
The whole Lesnar-Mir match is here. That blow to the back of the head shouldn't have been given by the referee IMO.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fJGa5eg4TCY

Bit of a conspiracy on that. Some
people thjink that Mazagatti was actually stopping the fight thinking Mire was out and then realising his mistak decided to take a point. Which isn't impossible imo, I've never seen someone deducted a point without warning like that.

Think that UFC 83 card is pretty tame to be honest. Always exciting to see GSP fighht, but he's about it on that card.

Is that Bisping moving down to MW i see? And against someone who hasn't fought in ages. That pretty pathetic.

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: February 5, 2008, 06:51:10 am »
Looking at it there's some good fighters on it but most of those fights will be pretty one-sided. Or should be, at least. Still, everyone said UFC 80 was a crap card and look how that turned out...

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: February 5, 2008, 07:24:39 am »
Looking at it there's some good fighters on it but most of those fights will be pretty one-sided. Or should be, at least. Still, everyone said UFC 80 was a crap card and look how that turned out...

Thats true, but no ones knows what way a fight will go so first thing you look at are the names.

Starnes is a pretty average fighter but has had some exciting fights. Doesn't mean I'll be excited to see him fight.

Don't know looking at the card but i guess they've tried to get as many Canadians on there as possible.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2008, 07:26:38 am by Bob Loblaw »

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: February 5, 2008, 08:39:33 am »
Bit of a conspiracy on that. Some
people thjink that Mazagatti was actually stopping the fight thinking Mire was out and then realising his mistak decided to take a point. Which isn't impossible imo, I've never seen someone deducted a point without warning like that.

Think that UFC 83 card is pretty tame to be honest. Always exciting to see GSP fighht, but he's about it on that card.

Is that Bisping moving down to MW i see? And against someone who hasn't fought in ages. That pretty pathetic.

I just like watching a lot of those fighters on that card and good spot, didn't realise Bisping was dropping down, he must be able to make it comfortable otherwise he is daft, not like he has been disgraced up at Light Heavy is it?